Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Smorgasbord posted:

Kieran Foran has stopped going to Eels rehab sessions and has been stripped of the captaincy, fined $5000 and issued with a breach notice (3 of those and you're sacked). Please get well Kieran :(

That's not good. Poor bastard. He's had a hell of a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Part of me thinks that there's some big gently caress up by Parra in the background of all of this. Foran's a good person going through an incredibly rough time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can't be easy going through all the poo poo he's going through with all the added pressure of the eels loving everything they touch up all over the place.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Rumour mill has stated that Trent Hodkinson could play for England in time for the Four Nations, due to "Look Let's Just Get Some Form Of Internationals Happening, Okay?" rules.

Bennett is apparently also considering both Morriseses because, y'know, rugby league international rules.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Dalai Trauma posted:

Rumour mill has stated that Trent Hodkinson could play for England in time for the Four Nations, due to "Look Let's Just Get Some Form Of Internationals Happening, Okay?" rules.
Knowing Rugby League his eligibility is probably based off something like that his ancestors arrived from England on the First Fleet. :ssh:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fanatic posted:

Knowing Rugby League his eligibility is probably based off something like that his ancestors arrived from England on the First Fleet. :ssh:

His weren't too bad (think his dad was English?) The Morris brothers were "well they both played for Australia at a senior level but their grandma is English and their mom lived there until she was 18 plus, y'know, look at their backs."

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
This Semi Radradra story just keeps getting weirder. He still isn't back from Fiji, but supposedly has told the club he'll be back in time for Sunday's game. And now his ex has applied for an AVO against him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Parra is such a loving basket case

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

bowmore posted:

Parra is such a loving basket case

I feel so sorry for parra supporters this year, wish this could be happen to a poo poo oval office club like Broncos or storm.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Abalone Malone posted:

I feel so sorry for parra supporters this year, wish this could be happen to a poo poo oval office club like Broncos or storm.

Or a pack of cunts like the Cunts.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

hey now, lets just agree on the roosters

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dalai Trauma posted:

hey now, lets just agree on the roosters

manly
souths

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

There's lots of teams to hate; I thought I made that point clear in the OP.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

wigan

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Semi Radradra is on a plane flying from Fiji to Australia. Jarryd Hayne is on the same plane.

Radradra is denying that he kicked his ex in the stomach when she was nine months pregnant.

Someone tell me when we've reached peak Parra.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

But can we hate any teams as much as Burn Down Canberra hated the Raiders one fateful evening?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

But can we hate any teams as much as Burn Down Canberra hated the Raiders one fateful evening?

I almost hated the Tigers enough one night so that after a few drunken rants bdc offered to buy me the new name "Burn Down Campbelltown".

I slept on it and apparently wasn't quite angry enough to go through with it.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Jono C posted:

Semi Radradra is on a plane flying from Fiji to Australia. Jarryd Hayne is on the same plane.

Radradra is denying that he kicked his ex in the stomach when she was nine months pregnant.

Someone tell me when we've reached peak Parra.

Jesus Christ.

I still think they can keep becoming more ludicrous though. The season ain't over yet.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

I almost hated the Tigers enough one night so that after a few drunken rants bdc offered to buy me the new name "Burn Down Campbelltown".

I slept on it and apparently wasn't quite angry enough to go through with it.

Burning down western sydney would be an improvement

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Burning down western sydney would be an improvement

dear god please either donate to https://www.dryjuly.com/users/peter-thorburn or give me a new avatar or the sweet embrace of death

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

dear god please either donate to https://www.dryjuly.com/users/peter-thorburn or give me a new avatar or the sweet embrace of death

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/07/01/eels_statement_on_se.html

quote:

The Parramatta Eels have been made aware of charges laid against Semi Radradra this morning by the NSW Police.

"This is a serious matter and the club is treating it as such," Parramatta Eels director Geoff Gerard said.

"In accordance with our club's values, Semi will be afforded the presumption of innocence, and we will continue to provide him and his family with all the support and welfare services we have available.”

"The club will work closely with the relevant authorities and be open with the NRL Integrity Unit throughout this process."

The Eels remain committed to promoting education, counselling and support around the issue of family violence, both publicly and within the Eels organisation.

The club will not be making any further comment about this matter.

That length of the field try he scored feels like it was months ago so much has happened, instead of a fortnight.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:horse:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Vagabundo posted:

I had such high expectations that year lmao. Stupid raiders

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

yep

E: jeez this Vunivalu fella can score a try or two

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 1, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I had such high expectations that year lmao. Stupid raiders

I think I found your first mistake.

I'm sure I'll be fine watching the Tigers as long as they don't pull a first half like last week :suicide:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That was hosed. One team playing wrestlemania and the other being just absolute dogshit.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol wtf just happened Warriors

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

iajanus posted:

Lol wtf just happened Warriors

"Oh we're supposed to tackle?" -- the Warriors, 2nd July 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thel posted:

"Oh we're supposed to tackle?" -- the Warriors, 2nd July 2016

The way both players just stood there and watched him go straight through was unbelievable.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And now they just don't bother jumping at a bomb.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
My fault. Took the Warriors in a Multi.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Warriors look completely devoid of any footballing intelligence today.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, feet aren't meant to point that way.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Yeah, feet aren't meant to point that way.

Agreed.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Shaun Johnson: Wizard.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
SJ on one leg, still pretty good.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That 2m forward pass sums up NRL reffing quite well. The touchie pointed out it was stupidly forward and the refs just ignored her. Try results.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks Tigers for making this poo poo night ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

MiniSune posted:

That 2m forward pass sums up NRL reffing quite well. The touchie pointed out it was stupidly forward and the refs just ignored her. Try results.

It was forward enough to deserve a penalty.

• Locked thread