Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm not confused about dongs being town boss. I'm thinking Quid was always boss and he inherited no boss role. So town boss is dead, 2 3P bosses are dead. That would make you the last boss, and it's unlikely you're town.

I think you're scum.

Part of this is addressing Quid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also, there's not momentum to my crazy theory. You could have played your cards close to the vest instead of practically full claiming right now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I'm not confused about dongs being town boss. I'm thinking Quid was always boss and he inherited no boss role. So town boss is dead, 2 3P bosses are dead. That would make you the last boss, and it's unlikely you're town.

I think you're scum.

Actually, now that TQ is in our faction, so long as we have the protective role on him and give him shine, we should be okay.

If you guys listen to AA's insanity and flip me, you at least confirm that what Quid is saying is 100% true, but I suggest you don't do that because AA is being scummy as all hell.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

Nice, except motherfucking poo poo, now we have at most 1 more night kill. Great job AA.

I'm not worried about being NK'd.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

I'm not worried about being NK'd.

That's awesome.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
How do you know cat was the only one of her alignment

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Also, there's not momentum to my crazy theory. You could have played your cards close to the vest instead of practically full claiming right now.

This is untrue. Hal, Jimson, and at least one other person have floated the idea that you are on the right track. There is scum in at least one of you in this push, I am sure of it.

Why you are still insisting we are lying rather than looking at the facts and admitting you are wrong....starting to look like that scum is you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like I've been suspicious of TQ since D1, Adahn seemed highly knowledgeable of certain mechanics about the boss as hinted by Infinitum, and spent most of the time hunting down other bosses.

I really think those three are scum, who are using the whole mod-confirmed town to as front to buy credibility and avoid suspicion.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How do you know cat was the only one of her alignment

I'll leave that to TQ to explain.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

This is untrue. Hal, Jimson, and at least one other person have floated the idea that you are on the right track. There is scum in at least one of you in this push, I am sure of it.

Why you are still insisting we are lying rather than looking at the facts and admitting you are wrong....starting to look like that scum is you.

Floating an idea, not voting, and that's four people out of 17 alive. Not exactly a wildfire.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here, AA, how about this: I will visit you tonight and confirm myself to you. That way scum will have to choose between killing me, roleblocking me on something useless, or letting you know I am telling the truth. Keeps them occupied on someone useless.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Floating an idea, not voting, and that's four people out of 17 alive. Not exactly a wildfire.

You are going aggressively after the two people's who's role PM I know. It needs to be shut down because it's a big fat waste of time.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

gently caress it, I'm not gonna wait for TQ because AA is going off the rails.

TQ and I are now in a confirmed-town masonry. He was the Merc.

With the death of CC, I received a message that I was the only remaining boss. The boon was that TQ became part of my faction.

As such, he gained the ability to choose who he wants to kill as long as he has shine to do it. We discussed options and decided TMM was a good choice.

So TQ is 100% confirmed town, as am I.

The way it worked was: there were three factions each with a boss when this game started. I didn't know who the bosses were, only that they would give me a list of targets that I HAD to pick a target to assassinate from. Note that I do not need shine to kill my targets. I was, at that point, a serial killer with some extra mechanics tacked on.

N1 list was dongs, Inf, Inf humorously enough. N2 it didn't matter because I got the last boss, CCat, lynched (go back and read that part).

As soon as only one boss survived, I would automatically join them in a masonry (no scum doc for me). If scum, I lose my personal kill but Inf and I would have a join RB ability. If 3p, we would have become a second, two man scum team (it explicitly said two man scum team). If town, I would join the town boss in a CONFIRMED masonry and essentially become an unlimited town vig. If somehow all the bosses died, I would become a standard SK.

I can do marvelous other things as well with shine, that I would rather not go into, only put in a request for some more tonight.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would like to reiterate that TQ is telling the truth because I know his alignment thanks to our CONFIRMED-TOWN MASONRY. Brewers should absolutely give him shine.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

The thing is, your theory has no basis in reality, and it seriously undermines town and forces us to reveal a lot of information we'd rather not.

If I'd made it to LYLO, I could have killed scum for a draw even if we'd lynched town. Get it?

We now know TQ is the merc, and made him reveal information.

Scum don't have to worry about there being another boss, information they didn't have.

Play has been pretty slow, so you floating this theory and pushing it hard could easily lead to a horrendous mislynch for town.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also I lied about Quid visiting me, he didn't. I was hoping you would back off, but I know he is town because of the confirmed masonry, not an honest visit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Admitting I'm wrong? You lied about your role! How is it that you're USB and a lottery role? I don't believe it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I am 100% willing to be the dunk today if we need to because all I can do at this point is individually visit people to confirm my alignment. I have 2 shine left (started with 3) so I can do it 2 more times and then I'm just VT. Snooping is useless now and there's no kill request to submit so :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Also I lied about Quid visiting me, he didn't. I was hoping you would back off, but I know he is town because of the confirmed masonry, not an honest visit.

So you're both liars. Scummy.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Admitting I'm wrong? You lied about your role! How is it that you're USB and a lottery role? I don't believe it.

This is dumb and you are dumb. I've said numerous times that Boss is NOT a shine role and Quid's inheritance is completely unrelated to the universal SHINE backups.

Likely dongsbutt specifically chose Quid to be his successor but there is no real way to know.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bring it up with the mod, I did not lie about my role. I have never said I was any sort of boss backup, getting that was as much of a surprise to me as it was to all of you.

I am suspecting that Dongs got to choose who his successor was if a NK happened and he picked me because we are friends now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean TQ and I clearly talked about this in the mason doc last night since we literally just said the same thing so unless you want to go back through the game and find instances where it looks like we were communicating out of thread (we weren't until this night phase)...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also this was me asking TQ to come check in to the masondoc:

Quidnose posted:

Did TQ go to bed? I have a question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I just absolutely don't buy any of this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why would one boss be able to name a successor?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Its ok I drew in real life

Who knows why dongs could name a successor but scum and 3p bosses could not. That is a question for Podima not us.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

Its ok I drew in real life

Who knows why dongs could name a successor but scum and 3p bosses could not. That is a question for Podima not us.

mafia edit: drew AA in real life

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

The thing is, your theory has no basis in reality, and it seriously undermines town and forces us to reveal a lot of information we'd rather not.

If I'd made it to LYLO, I could have killed scum for a draw even if we'd lynched town. Get it?

We now know TQ is the merc, and made him reveal information.

Scum don't have to worry about there being another boss, information they didn't have.

Play has been pretty slow, so you floating this theory and pushing it hard could easily lead to a horrendous mislynch for town.

No basis in reality? Lol that's a stretch even for trying to debunk my argument given everything I'm discussing is based on posts made in this game.

It didn't force you to reveal anything. You chose to do so while there was only my vote on you and some people saying AA looks less like scum. No one is up in arms about my case.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It's also possible that the honest visitor role was automatically chosen to inherit the boss role, I don't know.

All I know is that I am a confirmed town mason with squidnose, and I can't tell if you refusing to see any other side of this issue is scummy or just town tunneling.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

mafia edit: drew AA in real life

image shows up broken?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'm with AA on this one, ive doubted both the honest visitor claim and the inheriting boss claim

in a game with announced roles it makes sense that scum would try and sow some confusion with them

still I think quid's plan is sound so I don't want to lynch them before we know the result

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

It's also possible that the honest visitor role was automatically chosen to inherit the boss role, I don't know.

All I know is that I am a confirmed town mason with squidnose, and I can't tell if you refusing to see any other side of this issue is scummy or just town tunneling.

It's just that, you're "mod confirmed" among yourselves and you admitted to lying, and even if Quid was never a USB, there is still the matter of how he "inherited" boss role.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So, again, what you are saying here is:

-Adahn, TQ, and I are a 3-man scum team who have been operating together the entire time and building up to this
-Inf was not part of our scumteam
-CC was not part of our scumteam

That means that there are two separate factions (Inf's & CC's) PLUS our 3-man scum team?

This is what you believe, correct, AA?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

No basis in reality? Lol that's a stretch even for trying to debunk my argument given everything I'm discussing is based on posts made in this game.

It didn't force you to reveal anything. You chose to do so while there was only my vote on you and some people saying AA looks less like scum. No one is up in arms about my case.

I mean, I know that I have slightly more information than you since I have 100% certainty that Quid is MOD-CONFIRMED OUTFIT-ALIGNED, but come on dude.

Why would you push such a weak case built on so many contingencies (scum has 1-shot USB, I randomly came out and said Quid was honest visitor, I bussed my buddy TQ, I picked up reckless vigilante as a gambit) just so that you can throw shade on one of the most powerful tools available to town?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Then why hasn't an actual honest visitor claimed? They don't offer anything to town other than there honest visitor status. The corollary question: why hasn't a honest visitor's visitee claimed?

There is zero reason for them to hold onto that information at this point, since it would out at least one scum to do so and that is always a good trade for town.

I don't like the way that AR post plays both sides, personally.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's just that, you're "mod confirmed" among yourselves and you admitted to lying, and even if Quid was never a USB, there is still the matter of how he "inherited" boss role.

Feel free to ask Podima because I don't know. Not sure what else to tell you. Why would I, as scum, inherit the town boss role.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Not to mention the fact that I came out and called Quid mod-confirmed town when there was absolutely ZERO heat on him?

I mean, what the hell? If we're chatting in the scumdoc, in what universe would that be a good idea?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

So, again, what you are saying here is:

-Adahn, TQ, and I are a 3-man scum team who have been operating together the entire time and building up to this
-Inf was not part of our scumteam
-CC was not part of our scumteam

That means that there are two separate factions (Inf's & CC's) PLUS our 3-man scum team?

This is what you believe, correct, AA?

I believe there were four in total. CC, Inf, SCUM and TOWN. I believe CC and Inf may have been alone.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think the best way to do this is with adahns reckless night vig claim. We find a lynch target. Have adahn claim who he is going to vig. Lynch and then see the results of the flip in the morning.

If adahn hits scum great. if not, he's confirmed town who also confirms quids honest visitor claim which imo would confirm this whole new mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I believe there were four in total. CC, Inf, SCUM and TOWN. I believe CC and Inf may have been alone.

That makes no sense.

• Locked thread