Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
So this was 11 years ago today. How loving good was he on the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

So uh that certainly was a decision just then. How the hell did the TMO decide that *wasn't* knocked forward?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well, that was one hell of a half in the Hurricanes v. Blues game.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thel posted:

So uh that certainly was a decision just then. How the hell did the TMO decide that *wasn't* knocked forward?

Is this the canes game? More details please as I can't watch.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The Georgian scrum is absolutely insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIEhfOGy5vI

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Vagabundo posted:

So this was 11 years ago today. How loving good was he on the day?

What are you talking about?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

What are you talking about?

Weird, I could've sworn I put the link in the post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhcslDFU3w

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Even though you forgot the link I somehow knew that's what you were talking about

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
That's the only All Blacks game I've ever been to.

And I think that's ok

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

slothrop posted:

Even though you forgot the link I somehow knew that's what you were talking about

Same.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Does anybody want to put some sort of OP together for The Olympics? I'm kinda burnt out on rugby, thanks to my stupid loving useless team the excitement of being an Ospreys fan.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Tyma posted:

Does anybody want to put some sort of OP together for The Olympics? I'm kinda burnt out on rugby, thanks to my stupid loving useless team the excitement of being an Ospreys fan.

Just put a rotating newspaper gif with the following headline:
"Scientists Discover Sport That Sonny William "Bill" Williams Is Inexplicably Not Incredible At, Despite It Being A Simpler Version Of Two That He Is"

Besides, I have resolved to not say anything nice about rugby until someone explains why the gently caress all the Super 15 refs are ignoring the new offside line in scrums. If the halfback goes past the line, the flanker should be able to punch him in the face. Especially if it is Andy Ellis.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wow the Reds really cannot help themselves

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Not a night for the Aussies, is it?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Too many knock-ons from the Chiefs this match. A lot of bungled attacking moves

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Crusaders killing the Rebels here. 33-0 after 20 mins

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Man the Rebels are bad. NZ commentators can't help themselves but poo poo on them a bit...

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

butros posted:

Man the Rebels are bad. NZ commentators can't help themselves but poo poo on them a bit...

Seems fitting, seeing as NZ just took a big poo poo all over Australia this weekend...

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Looking at the results this week and was there any game that wasn't an outright whipping?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Canes game.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Ironic answer, given the question.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aussie rugby's saved, Australia! Cooper's coming back!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...713-gq4jbx.html

It's absolutely ridiculous how much he's bandied about like the greatest great player that ever greatly greated in the history greating in great Australian rugby. HE'S poo poo. Remember how he was absolutely vital to the Wallabies' chances at the last world cup? Was he even on the benches for the knock-out rounds?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

A Uruguay rugby player had the end of his finger bitten off during a match. :eyepop:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1917744-rugby-canibal-en-tucuman-de-un-mordiscon-un-jugador-le-arranco-parte-de-un-dedo-a-un-rival

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Pro 12 fixture list it out, is so favourable to Ulster, it's not even funny :

http://www.pro12rugby.com/home.php

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Meanwhile, the Super Rugby structure is being rejigged for next year. It was probably inevitable when everyone noticed that the Crusaders, Highlanders and Hurricanes were getting hosed by not getting any sort of home field advantage, while, depending on the results this weekend, the Brumbies or Waratahs may qualify for the play-offs in a farcical situation where they get through despite earning fewer competition points than the Blues. It's also meant that some teams are getting through via an easier pathway *cough cough Stormers in the Africa 1 conference cough cough* where they avoid any fixtures against the toughest opposition. It's a stupid, dumbshit disgrace.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Go back to super 12.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Go back to super 12.

Or follow the promotion-relegation model.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Meanwhile, the Super Rugby structure is being rejigged for next year. It was probably inevitable when everyone noticed that the Crusaders, Highlanders and Hurricanes were getting hosed by not getting any sort of home field advantage, while, depending on the results this weekend, the Brumbies or Waratahs may qualify for the play-offs in a farcical situation where they get through despite earning fewer competition points than the Blues. It's also meant that some teams are getting through via an easier pathway *cough cough Stormers in the Africa 1 conference cough cough* where they avoid any fixtures against the toughest opposition. It's a stupid, dumbshit disgrace.

Agreed, the current structure is poo poo. Even though I understand why they want the finals to have teams from all countries, and I support the Tahs, part of me thinks they should just pick the best 5 teams from the combined ANZ conference even if they're all Kiwis. Right now, I don't give a poo poo if we make it to the finals or not, because what's the point of making it due to finals structure when you're so clearly below the other teams' level. I know the Tahs can always pull off a great game and beat any team on a given day (aka how they beat the Chiefs), but equally I know they're utterly incapable of stringing two such performances in a row, let alone three.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Mister Chief posted:

Go back to super 12.

Hell go back to the Super 10 seeing as that was the last time my team (Transvaal now Lions) won.
But yea, this expansion is just getting out of hand and is rather stupid and bloated. If they keep on insisting on adding more teams and growing it even further they should do what the Football Champions League does in Europe. Create different groups with a mixture of all the teams, group stage then knock out stage. Make sure every group has at least one team from the different countries represented.

Vagabundo posted:

Or follow the promotion-relegation model.

The last (and only time) this happened we saw the Southern Kings enter at the expense of the Lions.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Madkal posted:

If they keep on insisting on adding more teams and growing it even further they should do what the Football Champions League does in Europe. Create different groups with a mixture of all the teams, group stage then knock out stage. Make sure every group has at least one team from the different countries represented.

You do realize that there is a rugby competition in Europe that is run basically in this way, no?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I know it's not for everyone but there is a really good highlights package from the Wales - Chiefs game on youtube. It's a proper 23 minute package with all the lead up to each try. The commentary is not that great (Cullen was an awesome player, as a commentator... not so much)

I'm an inveterate Chiefs fan so it may be that only I get joy out of it but I think it's good watching. I think James Lowe is going to be in the All Black picture in the future and the incredible nutmegging for Pulu's try... well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Madkal posted:

The last (and only time) this happened we saw the Southern Kings enter at the expense of the Lions.

Seeing how insistent SANZAR are on expanding, and with the talk of introducing Pacific Island sides, realistically, the best way forward would be to introduce a two-tier structure.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao this reds defence

Edit its like storing water in a colander

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Highlanders v. Chiefs game is a bit good.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pity about the result! Be interesting to see how it all comes out semi-final wise

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

slothrop posted:

Pity about the result! Be interesting to see how it all comes out semi-final wise

:confused: The good guys won...

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

C'mon horseys...

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Oh god, not the Highlanders.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

On the upside, at least we didn't gently caress this up and let the Tahs take our spot.
On the downside, there's a good chance the Highlanders are going to beat us by over a hundred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
So.... when do the Kings get punted into the long grass? If a Scotsman is scoring 4 tries against your team in Super Rugby, it's probably time to pack it all in.