Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

DialTheDude posted:

Alright, I'm stuck.

Got to the Force Quit boxes much later in the game, but haven't unlocked any of them so far. No idea where to go next.

Endings I got: http://i.imgur.com/tRsCqU6.png

My full timeline (apologies for the stitching job): http://i.imgur.com/IA66oAa.png

For the The Boy and the Ring ending, where Akane tries to give you two X-passes, which fail, for the timeline I tried inputting Carlos', Junpei's, and Akane's passwords from the other timelines, but no dice.

I don't know why it's not letting me proceed past D-End: 1 when there's still more to go.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but check Carlos's Team Select to see if you've missed the next part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

Cyouni posted:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but check Carlos's Team Select to see if you've missed the next part.
Yep. You're right.

Ran into this on the team select screen: http://i.imgur.com/4Cj59CU.png

Which is weird, because the last thing I finished was the section before that. Other times, when I reached a certain point and it dropped me to pick a new fragment, it would railroad me to a specific one. Don't know why it didn't here.

Still, bit of a fault on me for relying a little too much on the full timeline.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Here's my flowchart, what should I do next? I'm lost

Fuckin flowchart moved all around on me

You might want to not put those in image tags as it can be spoilers for others.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

You might want to not put those in image tags as it can be spoilers for others.

I didn't think so, but I spoiler tagged them.

lotus circle posted:

It looks like all you have left to do are the Force Quit boxes. You got all the proper ends to unlock them at this point.

I don't know the passwords for them...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Are you sure? Try very hard to remember.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Just finished the game.

The revelation of oh hey there was another guy here this whole time that we never felt like acknowledging was pretty loving lol

Overall very good but I'd say the weakest of the three Zeroes Escape because they just reused the big twist from VLR.

Also the puzzles were too easy and not very cool with the exception of like, the pod room and the transporter room.

e: oh hey there's a thread for spoilers i'll go post in that

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 3, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I didn't think so, but I spoiler tagged them.

I don't know the passwords for them...
You should have gotten them from three major endings. If you need a hint, check the tag.

C-Team's code is given in C-End 01.
Q-Team's code is given in Q-End 02.
D-Team's codes are fairly obvious given what happened in D-End 02.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shear Modulus posted:

Just finished the game.

The revelation of oh hey there was another guy here this whole time that we never felt like acknowledging was pretty loving lol

Overall very good but I'd say the weakest of the three Zeroes Escape because they just reused the big twist from VLR.

Also the puzzles were too easy and not very cool with the exception of like, the pod room and the transporter room.

I felt like that revelation was you are the tenth member, and you become a part of the game once the other 9 realize you're playing or something like that. It ties into both the mind hacking ability (since you're effectively choosing everyone's actions for them in decision games) and the glasses that allow you to spy on everyone. Also someone earlier in the thread said that Zero Time Dilemma is another anagram, which can spell "Me, I'm Delta, I'm Zero".

I'd have to watch the cutscene again, but someone does acknowledge the "deaf and blind guy in a wheelchair" near the beginning of the whole experiment. With his powers, it's possible that Delta wasn't physically with the Q team for the majority of the game, and because of the memory loss drug, they may not even remember a guy in a wheelchair. The first time he showed up for me was during Q team's last puzzle in the study, which they suspected to be Zero's room, and only Sean rightly recognized him.

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 3, 2016

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wanna know how you guys felt about the ending. I enjoyed the game for the most part until this last stretch, in which I feel it devolves into a stupidly complicated wet fart of a conclusion.

The timeline jumping team C pulls is crazy, and I initially dug it, but I felt it then reached a point where all tension was utterly deflated. There are infinite timelines, poo poo happens. Any time you're about to get hosed up, just hop to another one, whatever.

The twist with Delta being Q feels unnecessary to me. We knew he was at the facility thanks to the coin toss, I don't see what him being present as Q had to offer. Also, uh, no one notice the old man is gone during the coin toss? Anyone?

The decision game just seems like such a stupid part of the plan. "I gotta potentially spread radical 6, but maybe I could also motivate these people to stop nuclear war, but I can't forget to make sure mom and dad bone!" I feel like there are better ways to resolve all of that, but I guess we gotta tie this poo poo together somehow.

(oh yeah, and the mom and dad boning bit is kind of a dumb point to begin with)

And I guess Delta Did Nothing Wrong. No end to Free the Soul or anything. Everyone's just gonna go they're separate ways and look for a crazy dude who might not even chose to pull nuclear war in this timeline.

Again, not like this poo poo matters. Infinite possibilities you can just hop about. Infinite catastrophes, infinite good futures.

Also Eric and Mira are really unlikable, and I don't think in a way the devs intended.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 3, 2016

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Zero Time Dilemma was a good game, I think VLR was better though

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

hahaha I loved that. I saw a lot of complaints about the VA but honestly its fine. this game loving OWNS

not all va's are equal but junpei, carlos, zero and sigma were GOOD AS gently caress imo. junpei especially, what a loving homeboy

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Butt Ghost posted:

I wanna know how you guys felt about the ending. I enjoyed the game for the most part until this last stretch, but then it devolved into a stupidly complicated wet fart devoid of stakes.

The timeline jumping team C pulls is crazy, and I initially dug it, but I felt it then reached a point where all tension was utterly deflated. There are infinite timelines, poo poo happens. Any time you're about to get hosed up, just hop to another one, whatever.

The twist with Delta being Q feels unnecessary to me. We knew he was at the facility thanks to the coin toss, I don't see what him being present as Q had to offer. Also, uh, no one notice the old man is gone during the coin toss? Anyone?

The decision game just seems like such a stupid part of the plan. "I gotta potentially spread radical 6, but maybe I could also motivate these people to stop nuclear war, but I can't forget to make sure mom and dad bone!" I feel like there are better ways to resolve all of that, but I guess we gotta tie this poo poo together somehow.

And I guess Delta Did Nothing Wrong. No end to Free the Soul or anything. Everyone's just gonna go they're separate ways and look for a crazy dude who might not even chose to pull nuclear war in this timeline.

Again, not like this poo poo matters. Infinite possibilities you can just hop about. Infinite catastrophes, infinite good futures.

Remember that if they lose the coin toss, he injects the memory erasing drug into them. They don't remember him not being present for the toss, and he's already situated himself into Q-Team by the time everyone is waking up.

I agree with you about Delta though, he was really not a very good villain. I like the concepts that revolve around him and his motives, but in execution he's just not that great. I think a large part of it is how much he acts as a representation of the player. With 999 and VLR, the reveals of who Zero is work because we've gotten to know both of those characters very well and attach to them. Delta comes into consideration rather late in the game, right around the time D-End 02 rolls around, and we don't ever get a lot of development for him. He's less of a character and more of a plot device/representation of the concepts Uchikoshi tries to get across, and I think that bugs me the most.

Also the end really loses me after they transfer into the red coin timeline. Delta pretty much mocks them for being pissed at him, and trolls them into deciding to find the fanatic who kills all those people. Something HE SHOULD HAVE DONE because what kind of logical plan involves murdering 3/4ths of the population to kill a single person?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

lotus circle posted:

You should have gotten them from three major endings. If you need a hint, check the tag.

C-Team's code is given in C-End 01.
Q-Team's code is given in Q-End 02.
D-Team's codes are fairly obvious given what happened in D-End 02.

I'm not sure what the D-team password is. I've unlocked that ending but I don't know what the password is. Can you tell me?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei is good, Zero is Wesker-tier, Carlos is overall solid, Sigma is reasonable, Eric veers wildly, Phi isn't bad but doesn't get enough dialogue, MIra's kind of boring, Roboface sounds stoned most of the time and Akane is frigging awful.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm not sure what the D-team password is. I've unlocked that ending but I don't know what the password is. Can you tell me?

brooch and Blue Bird

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Reminder of the hint: A mother's mementos.

If the exact answers are needed, it's referring to Diana's babygifts, namely the BROOCH and the MUSIC BOX (or BLUE BIRD).

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Also the end really loses me after they transfer into the red coin timeline. Delta pretty much mocks them for being pissed at him, and trolls them into deciding to find the fanatic who kills all those people. Something HE SHOULD HAVE DONE because what kind of logical plan involves murdering 3/4ths of the population to kill a single person?

Seriously. He can just read the minds of people around him, just loving go, man. He's read millions of minds surely somone's gotta know something! Or if radical 6 is really the way to go, loving inject a follower or some poo poo. Rather convince capable people to help? Bro, you run a cult, you obviously have enough charisma to find a ton of shifters to help find the guy. The decision game is so stupid because on most of the timelines, none of these goals are achieved. Obviously something isn't as efficient as it could be here!

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

Cyouni posted:

DialTheDude posted:

Yep. You're right.

Ran into this on the team select screen: http://i.imgur.com/4Cj59CU.png

Which is weird, because the last thing I finished was the section before that. Other times, when I reached a certain point and it dropped me to pick a new fragment, it would railroad me to a specific one. Don't know why it didn't here.

Still, bit of a fault on me for relying a little too much on the full timeline.
Follow up. Stuck again.

I'm at the part where Eric demands Q to tell Zero's real name

Problem is, the only one I've been given is Brother, from the ending with Junpei and Akane using the teleporter. I tried entering that, but it didn't work.

Is there anything from the timeline I posted earlier:

DialTheDude posted:

My full timeline (apologies for the stitching job): http://i.imgur.com/IA66oAa.png
...that gives it away?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Seriously. He can just read the minds of people around him, just loving go, man. He's read millions of minds surely somone's gotta know something! Or if radical 6 is really the way to go, loving inject a follower or some poo poo. Rather convince capable people to help? Bro, you run a cult, you obviously have enough charisma to find a ton of shifters to help find the guy. The decision game is so stupid because on most of the timelines, none of these goals are achieved. Obviously something isn't as efficient as it could be here!

His plan was to find something to solve the problem that ALSO assures he is born.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Eric's voice is also the exact same voice for one of the generic Pawns from Dragon's Dogma, who are in general very goofy and that is very distracting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DialTheDude posted:

Follow up. Stuck again.

I'm at the part where Eric demands Q to tell Zero's real name

Problem is, the only one I've been given is Brother, from the ending with Junpei and Akane using the teleporter. I tried entering that, but it didn't work.

Is there anything from the timeline I posted earlier:

...that gives it away?

The game doesn't explicitly tell you the answer. But based on everything you know it's not that hard to deduce.

A hint: You're on the right track with Brother but that's not a name. What could Brother's real name be...? What other Brother have you encountered?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Hey, so I just went through Payoff 2 and I still have one fragment locked for each team.

Question: Am I just gonna have to suck it up and watch all those cutscenes of people loving up and dying, or is there a question I should look to answer?

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

Regy Rusty posted:

The game doesn't explicitly tell you the answer. But based on everything you know it's not that hard to deduce.

A hint: You're on the right track with Brother but that's not a name. What could Brother's real name be...? What other Brother have you encountered?
From D-End: 2 earlier?

Oh jeeze. This game is just yanking me around.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The ending sucked.

I loved the game but where was Blink WInkel? The whole Delta=Zero thing was stupid and contrived.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

ElNarez posted:

Hey, so I just went through Payoff 2 and I still have one fragment locked for each team.

Question: Am I just gonna have to suck it up and watch all those cutscenes of people loving up and dying, or is there a question I should look to answer?

If you only have one fragment/team try opening the Force Quit boxes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The ending sucked.

I loved the game but where was Blink WInkel?

He was definitely there. All the times people got memories without shifting or of different people, that was him. They didn't make his role explicit but his influence can be observed.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Cyouni posted:

If you only have one fragment/team try opening the Force Quit boxes.

Okay so I looked at the chart and I'm guessing it's actually the scenes you get from pushing the button and melting the other two teams. Anything significant in those, or is it just a matter of fast-forwarding through them to get the Platinum?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm pretty sure you have to view those to even beat the game

But I could be mistaken

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

He was definitely there. All the times people got memories without shifting or of different people, that was him. They didn't make his role explicit but his influence can be observed.

It was better in VLR where they just about came out and said it.

I mean, I love the game, it's not like I'm gonna try to ask for a refund, but I still think the ending was lovely.

Only trophy I have left is the quest items. I'm missing two items. I think.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

I'm pretty sure you have to view those to even beat the game

But I could be mistaken

Carlos talks about going to the timeline where he pushed the button in Apocalypse, but, and I can demonstrate it because it's the state of my save at the moment, you don't have to go there to get to that ending

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I need some help here on a D-Team fragment puzzle room:

Specifically, the Door of Truth. Where do I find the drat screwdriver (or equivilant thereof)? I have the hose, but I can't attach it to the showerhead until I remove it. Or am I missing something else?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Unlucky7 posted:

Specifically, the Door of Truth. Where do I find the drat screwdriver (or equivilant thereof)? I have the hose, but I can't attach it to the showerhead until I remove it. Or am I missing something else?

if you're talking about the locker room you should have gotten a screwdriver from that dragon puzzle you got in the locker

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

I assume you haven't opened the middle locker, so flip the drain up and turn the lights on locker-side.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cyouni posted:

I assume you haven't opened the middle locker, so flip the drain up and turn the lights on locker-side.

Oh gently caress me, in plain sight too. Thanks :)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

game was good. not as good as VLR which i think is really great, but good game

some of you guys are missing the themes of the games... asking why zero did this or zero did that. it's deterministic guys. he did that because thats the timeline youre viewing. that thing had to have been done for the present result. anthropic principle. a savvy way to plot hole-proof your story, really

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's a little like 3 page short story about what happened a couple of days before the Decision Game started in the artbook that comes with the steam version if anyone cares. Has a bit more characterization for Sigma in it.

e: Also has a plot summary of 999 and VLR at the end.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
So I just finished the game.

I'm still mulling over (MAJOR FINAL SPOILERS) the fact that Delta was there the whole time. I'm assuming the camera was him the whole time? Or maybe I misinterpreted it?

Who knows. It'll be stuck in my mind for awhile now while I think of how it fits in with the previous two games. Hard to believe this series is now over.

Anyhow, I still seem to be missing one or more Cinema Files even though there don't seem to be any (???) slots in that section. I'm also missing a single Quest File. Any of you happen to know how to get this one? http://i.imgur.com/1pmMDSy.png

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Okay, last question, I'm just about done with getting every fragment complete: during the standoff between Q, Mira and Eric, how do you get the third node? I've put in Mira, Eric and Delta, and it gives me an error if I try to put in nothing, ___Q___ or Sean. What's the obvious thing I'm missing?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Finished the game. Didn't have so much trouble with the Rec Room heart puzzle even if it took me a while, but the Transporter Room base-13 in pictographs that you have to trial-and-error to figure even just the values of could go eat a bag of dicks. Guided it and it never came up again in other puzzles or themes, so I feel no remorse.

Ending Spoilers: Also, Blick Winkel clearly isn't in the game, because if they were, they'd just possess Carlos at the end, drop the gun, and deck Delta in his smug face. :colbert:

...wait, that's basically Perceptive Ending. Uchikoshiiiiii! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ElNarez posted:

Okay, last question, I'm just about done with getting every fragment complete: during the standoff between Q, Mira and Eric, how do you get the third node? I've put in Mira, Eric and Delta, and it gives me an error if I try to put in nothing, ___Q___ or Sean. What's the obvious thing I'm missing?

No one or various synonyms thereof.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Transporter Room base-13 in pictographs that you have to trial-and-error to figure even just the values of could go eat a bag of dicks.

You only need trial and error to distinguish between sun, flower and birdman, which is why those are the only ones the machine uses. All the other values can be figured out from the book. So you'll typically only need three or four contests.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 3, 2016

• Locked thread