Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Merijn posted:

CON:
- buy 1000 button??

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I can't be hecked dealing with the new interface. But mostly I'm just tired of RG. But now that I have faceless, I can quit for a month or two let hivemind pile up. I already have 17 days of faceless playtime, somehow.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ambaire posted:

I'm using the steam version of clicker heroes, and every time I click on what I assume is the multiplayer tab, it either tells me server timed out or password mismatch. Any idea how to fix that? I did try importing my save into clickerheroes.com but it gave me password mismatch.

Fixed this by using a saved game editor to change my unique id and password to null. Requested to join Very Late to the Party as Ambaire for the hell of it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

When would you ever use that? After 'buy 100' I just use BuyMax. The only time I could possibly buy 1000 of the same thing is at the very start of a game, maybe.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Merijn posted:

When would you ever use that? After 'buy 100' I just use BuyMax. The only time I could possibly buy 1000 of the same thing is at the very start of a game, maybe.

I'm not sure how it's a con in the slightest even if you don't have a use for it

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Avocados posted:

I can't be hecked dealing with the new interface. But mostly I'm just tired of RG. But now that I have faceless, I can quit for a month or two let hivemind pile up. I already have 17 days of faceless playtime, somehow.

Oh, the heights you can ascend to...

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Those stats don't seem to add up. Or is the top half for the current game and the bottom half total?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Merijn posted:

Those stats don't seem to add up. Or is the top half for the current game and the bottom half total?

Yeah, that. (Every time you reincarnate it resets the top set.)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How do you get the dwarf/drow research relics to appear in your buyable upgrades in the new RG?

ALl my research trees are at 5/5 upgrades so its not like the buy all button has bought the horn of kings (if thats whati t was called) but its not in my buyable upgrades list (They are grouped)

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
I actually really like the changes to Realm Grinder, including the font. I just wish some of the challenges weren't god awful.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Going from 1E69 to 1E72 is like pulling my own teeth.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!

Aurora posted:

I'm not sure how it's a con in the slightest even if you don't have a use for it
Every option in something you cycle through is another click to get to what you want every time, settings that aren't useful are only there to get in the way.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Buy 1000 is pretty useful actually

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm guessing from your reactions that it probably gets useful pretty late in the game? I'm at R3 and having over 1000 of a single building is still pretty rare.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just disable the button and use the shortcut keys and buy max instead, but yeah later on you'll have thousands of buildings.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Elswyyr posted:

Could someone in the IMPORTANT CLICKER HEROES CLAN Very late to the party help me kill this dumb immortal bc I can't do it solo, and first run after transcendence is the worst

I'm still doing fuckall damage to it, unfortunately. S/o to coolnezzz for carrying us.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Merijn posted:

I'm guessing from your reactions that it probably gets useful pretty late in the game? I'm at R3 and having over 1000 of a single building is still pretty rare.

yes. and later on you should try to avoid using buy max both because of general inefficiency & the existence of a research that gives you a production bonus based on how much gold you have. so spending all your money using buy max on something with rapidly rising costs will end up hurting your short-term production

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Merijn posted:

Around R30 it is possible to buy 5000 of most buildings at the same time, at least when playing good. "Buy 1000" is the best feature of the RG update.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

:stare: wow, ok. The depth of this game continues to surprise me.

Something else I've noticed: some of my completed challenges re-locked themselves. I completed all the tier 1 challenges in R2, but now I'm in R4 and suddenly there's only one completed (the Angels one). Did the conditions change?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Around R30 it is possible to buy 5000 of most buildings at the same time, at least when playing good. "Buy 1000" is the best feature of the RG update.

Buy all upgrades. :colbert:

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

mycelia posted:

I'm still doing fuckall damage to it, unfortunately. S/o to coolnezzz for carrying us.

I try to take it out if I can remember to do so each day! I'm having fun with the game again, I last played nearly two years ago and just came back after the big update to play again.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Merijn posted:

:stare: wow, ok. The depth of this game continues to surprise me.

Something else I've noticed: some of my completed challenges re-locked themselves. I completed all the tier 1 challenges in R2, but now I'm in R4 and suddenly there's only one completed (the Angels one). Did the conditions change?

Are you playing as Angels right now? Only the bonus from the challenge matching your current faction is active, and it might display that in a way that makes the others look incomplete.

Could also be a bug. They're certainly not supposed to uncomplete themselves.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, they changed how completed challenges look. If they're visible at all they're complete.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Green Check = Completed, Active
Red X = Completed, Inactive because wrong faction for bonuses to apply
No symbol = Incomplete

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
e; accidental doublepost

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In Trimps

I am hitting realm 40-50 pretty easily now (i leave it a day or two, not worried about time, though my current run im planning on hitting 60)

My question is should i be doing the electricty challenge now for double helium? how much harder does it make the game?
I typically only buy 10-20 wormholes, so hurt for coordination later on, and after lvl 40 or so im always behind on equipment upgrades

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Meskhenet posted:

In Trimps

I am hitting realm 40-50 pretty easily now (i leave it a day or two, not worried about time, though my current run im planning on hitting 60)

My question is should i be doing the electricty challenge now for double helium? how much harder does it make the game?
I typically only buy 10-20 wormholes, so hurt for coordination later on, and after lvl 40 or so im always behind on equipment upgrades

10 wormholes is all you should be buying.

You definitely shouldn't be doing Electricity now if hitting 60 is a stretch. If you mean Balance, then you may as well do it, unless the first 40 zones are such a small fraction of your helium gains that it won't help. Balance didn't exist when I was at that stage of the game, though, so take that with a grain of salt; try it once and see how it feels.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Lottery of Babylon posted:

10 wormholes is all you should be buying.

You definitely shouldn't be doing Electricity now if hitting 60 is a stretch. If you mean Balance, then you may as well do it, unless the first 40 zones are such a small fraction of your helium gains that it won't help. Balance didn't exist when I was at that stage of the game, though, so take that with a grain of salt; try it once and see how it feels.

Balance actually helped rocket me through the low levels after a certain point, since you get a 2.5x gathering multiplier.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok yeah i think it is balance. Ill give it a try.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

insanityv2 posted:

Green Check = Completed, Active
Red X = Completed, Inactive because wrong faction for bonuses to apply
No symbol = Incomplete

That's it, thanks. :)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Meskhenet posted:

Ok yeah i think it is balance. Ill give it a try.

It's really not too bad. I've run it a few times and the biggest gripe I have about it is that it requires a lot more babysitting. You'll eventually get to a fast bad guy what attacks fast and you HAVE to switch to maps then, and sometimes you'll start a map and there will be a fast bad guy what attacks fast like 3 squares in that you can't kill but you've already hosed off to do something else and you come back to having done nothing. Usually by the time you finish the first time through a map you'll be fine so it's not too onerous.

Personally I'm pushing to 80 to see if I can unlock electricity, but looking it up and finding out it's repeatable makes me think maybe I shouldn't be running it if I have to push to get to 80? I also remember reading to just poop as much as you can into carpentry when you get it so I have been. I'm trying to cap out the ones that have a cap at reasonable times and my power/toughness/looting are respectable too, is there any reason I shouldn't just dump into carpentry every portal and then spread whatever's leftover out amongst lesser perks?

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Eh, I'm at R35 and the Buy 1000 button confused me, too. I rarely use anything but the Buy Max now except for in Excavations where I usually grab 100 at a time to make starting up the Merc phase slightly faster, though the Merc phase seems to last about 4 abdications now and is getting less and less important.

Buy Max all buildings/exchanges, push all the buttons when available.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Eldercain posted:

It's really not too bad. I've run it a few times and the biggest gripe I have about it is that it requires a lot more babysitting. You'll eventually get to a fast bad guy what attacks fast and you HAVE to switch to maps then, and sometimes you'll start a map and there will be a fast bad guy what attacks fast like 3 squares in that you can't kill but you've already hosed off to do something else and you come back to having done nothing. Usually by the time you finish the first time through a map you'll be fine so it's not too onerous.

Personally I'm pushing to 80 to see if I can unlock electricity, but looking it up and finding out it's repeatable makes me think maybe I shouldn't be running it if I have to push to get to 80? I also remember reading to just poop as much as you can into carpentry when you get it so I have been. I'm trying to cap out the ones that have a cap at reasonable times and my power/toughness/looting are respectable too, is there any reason I shouldn't just dump into carpentry every portal and then spread whatever's leftover out amongst lesser perks?

One-off challenges should generally be attempted as soon as you unlock them, since any one-off unlocks they offer will range from awesomely useful to handily convenient.

Repeatable helium challenges should be attempted when you can comfortably get to their goal zone normally. If you can't comfortably do it without the challenge it'll be that much more uncomfortable with the challenge. In the meantime, keep running the previous helium challenge (so do balance until you can comfortably hit 80 for electricity, do electricity until you can comfortably hit 125 for crushed, etc.). Helium per unit of time (hour, day, whatever) is a more helpfully informative statistic than helium per run.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Pylons posted:

Buy all upgrades. :colbert:

Buy all upgrades saves a lot less clicks than having to click 550 times to buy 50 times 100 of each building :colbert:

Amish posted:

Eh, I'm at R35 and the Buy 1000 button confused me, too. I rarely use anything but the Buy Max now except for in Excavations where I usually grab 100 at a time to make starting up the Merc phase slightly faster, though the Merc phase seems to last about 4 abdications now and is getting less and less important.

Buy Max all buildings/exchanges, push all the buttons when available.

You shouldn't need to use mercs at all at R35, much less a whopping 4 abdications with them. I think i stopped using them at around R25? It's been a while so memory is hazy.

For R38 i did angel/dwarf/druid BL from the start and was doing research by the time i hit E52 gems. (on the third abdication)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 6, 2016

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
You jerks had me find my Clicker Heroes save. Looks like I might be even too late to the party, as all the guilds look full now?

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I should probably do a purge of "Late to the Party" since I see a few people not progressing. I don't know who is who though, and some of the people might have joined through "Random Clan". So, if you are a in Late to the Party and still active, let me know so I don't kick.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Oh i understand balance now. Kill a mob in the world = lose max hp but gain resource gathering.

Kill mob in a map = gain back lost hp but lose increase gathering.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I can transcend in Clicker Heroes now. I have 302 hero souls plus 248 waiting (plus any more that i get before i run out of steam in this run). Should I transcend at the end of this run or keep going for a while longer?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Color Printer posted:

I can transcend in Clicker Heroes now. I have 302 hero souls plus 248 waiting (plus any more that i get before i run out of steam in this run). Should I transcend at the end of this run or keep going for a while longer?
I think the general wisdom is to transcend when you have at least 8 AS in the tank, but I don't know if that number is higher for the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Apparently after transcending you don't get extra power from achievements, including bonus starting click damage, which is a real buzzkill so I think I'll wait until I have 50 rubies so I can at least quick ascend after transcending.