Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD goons, please log in and run the t7 raid at least once. Even last place gets a Han Solo shard. We need everyone to run it so we can finish it. It seems that t7 isn't that bad, though we still have the last phase to burn through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Malgrin posted:

Because GW already wasn't hosed enough, I gotta fight 6?

Is that Bariss in the floor? :psyduck: Could she attack? Could you target them?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Disco De Soto posted:

Please go droids because this game needs some variety, rather than another team of Ray, RG, Phasma, STHan, Sid, QGJ or Geo Soldier. I know it's the devs fault but I wish people would try something different rather than min maxing. Seriously the top 25 of my arena are all pretty much the same team.

And also gently caress the devs for adding Dengar to the guild store, now Jawa Engi shows up even less than he did before. I have enough credits to upgrade him to 7* but he's never available!

I currently have a generic dodge lead/Rey/ST Han/QGJ team but I am working on a rebel team and that seems like a lot of fun. It's probably not ~optimal~ but its nice that you can farm a lot of it at the same time. Sucks that three pieces come from arena but my ST Han was 6* already and I have AA unlocked and am not sure he absolutely NEEDS to be maxed out before the team works.

Unfortunately unlocking QGJ took so long that I don't even have HRS unlocked yet, but it's nice that I can work on it while I work on Lando.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

Is that Bariss in the floor? :psyduck: Could she attack? Could you target them?

Fortunately, no, she didn't actually impact the fight. The rest of the fight worked just fine.

rabidsquid posted:

I currently have a generic dodge lead/Rey/ST Han/QGJ team but I am working on a rebel team and that seems like a lot of fun. It's probably not ~optimal~ but its nice that you can farm a lot of it at the same time. Sucks that three pieces come from arena but my ST Han was 6* already and I have AA unlocked and am not sure he absolutely NEEDS to be maxed out before the team works.

Unfortunately unlocking QGJ took so long that I don't even have HRS unlocked yet, but it's nice that I can work on it while I work on Lando.

In terms of priority, Leia > Han > AA from arena shipments. The team is really effective together, and sure, AA doesn't need to be maxed for it to do work, but AA is going to die from pretty much anything if he's not level 80 7*, and at least G8. He's pretty flimsy. Rey fills this team out really well, and then I'd recommend Phasma or Poggle. More rebels won't exactly make the team better -- you want the highest chance that Leia will attack off AA's leader trigger. Scout is also good in the team, and works well with AA. Luke and Biggs are definitely not worth running in this comp though. Lando is so-so.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 2, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

Please go droids because this game needs some variety, rather than another team of Ray, RG, Phasma, STHan, Sid, QGJ or Geo Soldier. I know it's the devs fault but I wish people would try something different rather than min maxing. Seriously the top 25 of my arena are all pretty much the same team.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/73dwqOR.jpg][/timg]

From the land of ~gently caress Meta~ I greet thee.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey, so, unless someone pulls out a massive load they've been hiding, we probably need one more person with lots of 7*s to step in and help us finish this T7 raid. Unfortunately, I don't think you get anything out of this because of guild hopping rules. We are just very close and need a little more damage. We have an extra spot if someone kicks my alt out (we hd an empty spot, so I'm at least generating guild coins).

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Someone in QGJ expressed interest in helping you guys if you needed it. We've definitely got some badasses over here. I'll spread the word in guild chat.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I dropped from QGJ to help out with your t7 if you need, code 323636916

I will drop after I blow my load incase any other goons are needed to help

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
My team got one lovely door round in and he stood up and did the aoe and crited my entire team in one shot. I should have been able to get at least double the damage if not for that.

Also lol at the new event. Everyone talked about how great it was that they had tiers for most of the player base. So what do they do on the very next event? The run it like the one everyone was pissed about not being able to do.

^^^^^ That gw payout he talked about better be 150k + what we get now since gw pays out far better than that and even then it is poo poo scaling. You should be getting more of everything as you level up. If it weren't for the roughly 500k and crystals I would never do gw unless I had a new toons to collect.

So I opened a set of chromiums(yes I know bad idea but sometimes it's fun) since I was at like 3k+ crystals and got zam. So Uhh do chromiums every show up in the shard shop? She seems like the missing link between scoundrels and arena viable.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

I dropped from QGJ to help out with your t7 if you need, code 323636916

I will drop after I blow my load incase any other goons are needed to help

Did what I could for you guys, if someone could re invite me to QGJ I would appreciate it.

If I only had rex, http://imgur.com/yseaJG4

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 3, 2016

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Thanks man, you did great!

So it looks like there is only ~100k left to finish p4 now, should be doable with a few good 7* squads.

Any volunteers? :kiddo:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
4% left it's almost done. Thank you fellow goons for the assistance. Remember when your testing your t7 I and many others will be there to help if needed. Heck I might even have a team worth a poo poo then lol.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Mr. Neutron posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/73dwqOR.jpg][/timg]

From the land of ~gently caress Meta~ I greet thee.

Nice! The only team that stands out in my arena shard has Bariss, Kid Fister, Aayla, Fives and Rex. I think the only reason they've made the top 30 is that they're so geared up. I'm starting to drop down because I can't be hosed grinding anyone to gear 9.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
With the kind assistance of QGJ we finished the raid.

If we try again, here are some suggestions that could help:

1. don't do more than one round in phase 2 and 3. this lets you take maximum advantage of the door drop
2. remember that you can retreat (gear in the upper left, then tap retreat) to quit out of the fight with no penalty. unlike Galactic War, you get a different chance for RNG to go in your favor, so use this freely.
3. Just a suggestion on my part, but I feel that the top players should reserve as much as possible for phase 4, even if this means they skip a fight in phase 2 and 3. We seemed to clear those phases pretty easily.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

With the kind assistance of QGJ we finished the raid.

Well, don't leave us hanging! What did you all get?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

Im going to assume 5 to 9 parts of a raid gear none of your characters need

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Raid gear is significantly better in T7 raids -- I think I was 5th or 6th, and I got 40 Scanners and ~15 stun cuffs, 7 Han shards, and a bunch of gold and guild credits. People lower to the bottom still got about 20 raid items, so, pretty solid loot all around.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I finished ~25th in the t7 raid and got about a dozen useful pieces, an entire Mk V furnace (!), and ~300k credits, along with three Han Solo shards. Definitely worth the extra effort from everyone.

Now if I can just get those last few shards for my 80g10 Rey with full omegas. :getin:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Im going to assume 5 to 9 parts of a raid gear none of your characters need

Yeah, I was 33 and got my first complete piece ever (a +40% potency scanner) and 10 stun cuffs.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey, just thought I'd remind everyone it's been awhile since they added a new hero to Cantina Token rewards. The oldest P2W champs are Aayla, Fisto, and Maul, followed by Rex. If you don't have QGJ, Daka, and Fives maxed, then you should keep working on those guys, but if you do, you might want to consider saving some tokens. HRS is the only other really good hero (although yes, I know Snips isn't bad), but I won't have enough gold for HRS anyways (I think he's almost got enough shards for 6*, but he's only 3* right now) so I'm just going to save mine up and decide after they release the next hero to F2P.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

Yeah as people have said, I think the top 10 finishers all get at least 40 pieces of raid gear salvage, some han shards, and 15 pieces of the top level purple salvage

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
My t7 rewards:

Not bad at all. I think we should be able to clear the next one on our own, which would be nice

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was #13 and I got a full furnace. So :woop:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I was 11th and got droid caller pieces which I don't need and something called mk4 carbanti array prototype which only 8 characters in the game need and I don't use any of them :v:

Still, the rewards are much better overall, we should just make sure we can kill it every time without needing outside help and stuff.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Holy cow, how high is T7 Rancor's Resistance?

Teebo can't land a TM reduction to save his life.

also, what percentage of damage should a higher-rank player like myself be shooting for? Like, if I get 5% of his health from P4, is that a good attempt with by best team, or should I retreat 'til I hit 10%?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

100k is good damage in p4.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I got 153k with my star team in p4. Had to retry a bunch of times until teebo finally managed to stick a tm down.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Oh, FYI, since it wasn't mentioned here, IGD is doign our 2nd T7 raid. We are still waiting for a couple folks to log in and poke it before we hopefully finish it up, so if you are in IGD and haven't done the raid today, get going

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
G11 dooku, rey, qgj, gs, lumi for my last GW node today :suicide:. That's after something similar yesterday and the day before. I don't think I'm going to be able to clear a galactic war again till they stealth nerf it again. I cannot understand what their thinking is they nerfed like 3 months ago, then buffed it then nerfed it again the patch before last, then stealth buffed it again to its current state. Put it back to how it was before the current buff, if they want to add a challenge to it, make it one team only for the whole war instead of giving me teams of 7* g11 lv80 gently caress you teams that 3 full 7*lv80 g8 teams can't loving beat.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

Oh, FYI, since it wasn't mentioned here, IGD is doign our 2nd T7 raid. We are still waiting for a couple folks to log in and poke it before we hopefully finish it up, so if you are in IGD and haven't done the raid today, get going

Raid owned, looks like we got our groove down and it should only get easier every time. That said I know a couple goons didn't participate and missed out. I know we have players who only play once a day or possibly even every other day, but just be aware that I think these are only going to get faster as we get stronger and while I think we are being as patient as possible to let everyone participate, logging in and participating on raid days should be critical. Today was the 4th of July so I think everyone should get a pass since some sick folk out there might actually forego logging in to a dumb phone game on a holiday to participate in RL, but I hate to see good raid rewards go to waste.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Raid owned, looks like we got our groove down and it should only get easier every time. That said I know a couple goons didn't participate and missed out. I know we have players who only play once a day or possibly even every other day, but just be aware that I think these are only going to get faster as we get stronger and while I think we are being as patient as possible to let everyone participate, logging in and participating on raid days should be critical. Today was the 4th of July so I think everyone should get a pass since some sick folk out there might actually forego logging in to a dumb phone game on a holiday to participate in RL, but I hate to see good raid rewards go to waste.

Yeah. I'm going to start another at 9am tomorrow. The general plan will be to start between 9 and 11 am on days where we have enough guild coins.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Yeah. I'm going to start another at 9am tomorrow. The general plan will be to start between 9 and 11 am on days where we have enough guild coins.

Well on t7 always now or some t6?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

xyigx posted:

Well on t7 always now or some t6?

I don't see a reason to ever go back to t6, the rewards/time investment are so much better for t7 there's no point at all.

Edit: Just thought about it and just to mix things up and do different things, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a t6 every so often since I can see t7s getting repetitive (just like t6s were!). But I think the vast majority should be t7.

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 5, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

I don't see a reason to ever go back to t6, the rewards/time investment are so much better for t7 there's no point at all.

Edit: Just thought about it and just to mix things up and do different things, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a t6 every so often since I can see t7s getting repetitive (just like t6s were!). But I think the vast majority should be t7.

Also, T7s take a lot less time from those of us at the top. I was spending generally 30+ minutes on P1 alone, so, this is a really nice change. If enough people want to go back to T6, we can consider it though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Also, T7s take a lot less time from those of us at the top. I was spending generally 30+ minutes on P1 alone, so, this is a really nice change. If enough people want to go back to T6, we can consider it though.

I'm all for continuing T7. The payout for it is so, so much better than T6.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Any more spaces in IGD then?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Any more spaces in IGD then?

Yup. Friend me (I'm at the top of the spreadsheet) and then request a spot. I'll drop my alt.

Gotcha. With that, MalTwo now needs a spot in GGA or IGD. I added a few GGA people to my friend's list, and my Ally code is 934-281-319. Would like to contribute guild coins/gain guild currency from one of our guilds. Lemme know who has a free spot.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 5, 2016

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

Yup. Friend me (I'm at the top of the spreadsheet) and then request a spot. I'll drop my alt.

Won't let me request a spot because it's full.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocket_Magnet posted:

G11 dooku, rey, qgj, gs, lumi for my last GW node today :suicide:. That's after something similar yesterday and the day before. I don't think I'm going to be able to clear a galactic war again till they stealth nerf it again. I cannot understand what their thinking is they nerfed like 3 months ago, then buffed it then nerfed it again the patch before last, then stealth buffed it again to its current state. Put it back to how it was before the current buff, if they want to add a challenge to it, make it one team only for the whole war instead of giving me teams of 7* g11 lv80 gently caress you teams that 3 full 7*lv80 g8 teams can't loving beat.

Yeah this really is getting to be a bunch of bullshit. Every team I have been fighting on the last node has been some gently caress off pay to win team. Like I don't even have all my arena dudes at max gear level but I'm trying to grind down these max gear teams. It's just frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am still getting comedy 3* teams on my last node, what's up with that?