Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Maybe he has a fridge shaped like a bear? Or maybe it's his boyf-- :byobear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Brick

quote:

In this troper's Junior year of high school, a guy in his class that many people found terribly annoying was sitting behind him, throwing bits of paper in his hair. This troper told him several times to stop, and he did not. Finally, getting fed up, he turned around, grabbed the guy by his hair, pulled his head forward and bashed his head against the brick wall. The troper's friends were dumbstruck. The teacher did nothing but sit there, agape, while a lot of people in class applauded. This is not the best part. The best part is the guy this troper attacked did not retaliate. This troper recently found out why, from a person whom the victim told: he was terrified of this troper. This troper, who had never been in any sort of physical confrontation, nor committed a single act of aggression throughout high school. The guy went on to join Army Special Forces, and is still afraid of this troper, after four years.

So, ummmm, the troper is an animate brick wall? I would be terrified too!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Why yes sir officer I do have a permit to open carry this bear

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Most bears I know aren't closeted to begin with. They're quite happy with who they are; they dance and sing and smell of leather and Old Spice. And they jingle when they walk.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Most bears I know aren't closeted to begin with. They're quite happy with who they are; they dance and sing and smell of leather and Old Spice. And they jingle when they walk.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This actually does happen, but more commonly through online harassment instead of real life shaming. Bisexuals occupy a weird quasi-place in the LGBT community.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

This actually does happen, but more commonly through online harassment instead of real life shaming. Bisexuals occupy a weird quasi-place in the LGBT community.

True. Every now and then there are tumblr posts by bi people saying how they were harassed for "not picking a side".

On the one hand it's tumblr; on the other, it's tumblr.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
That whole community has a lot of conflicting interests. I remember there was some drama about not letting gay men do drag shows at some parade because it offended some transsexuals? Seems hosed up, since gay dudes were the ones who got the poo poo kicked out of them during the Stonewall Riots and other demonstrations, which more or less led to the gay rights movement.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

That whole community has a lot of conflicting interests. I remember there was some drama about not letting gay men do drag shows at some parade because it offended some transsexuals? Seems hosed up, since gay dudes were the ones who got the poo poo kicked out of them during the Stonewall Riots and other demonstrations, which more or less led to the gay rights movement.

Just a heads up that transsexual is really not the word you want to be using here.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
My bad, didn't know that was a thing. Uh, I guess some people got upset, or, as often happens, someone got upset on their behalf:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/07/20/pride-event-bans-drag-queens-in-case-they-are-offensive/

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ElGroucho posted:

Two of the leaders of the Stonewall Riots were Sylvia Rivera and Marsha Johnson, though.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ok, I don't think I know enough about it to comment, but I guess my point is it looks like that's a very large umbrella group, so I believe the Picard stdh

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

ElGroucho posted:

My bad, didn't know that was a thing. Uh, I guess some people got upset, or, as often happens, someone got upset on their behalf:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/07/20/pride-event-bans-drag-queens-in-case-they-are-offensive/
That was a single event and very much is the exception, not the rule. It's a complicated issue. There have been a lot of conflicts between the drag community and the trans community over the reclaiming of words like "tranny" and "shemale"--whether drag queens, who have always been called the same derogatory words as trans women, have the right to refer to themselves (NOT trans people) with those words. The vast majority of trans people don't have a problem with drag itself (and in fact, the drag and trans communities have up until very recently had a LOT of overlap; there are still many trans women who begin to explore their identities through drag, and if you think drag is mocking of cis or trans women, PM me and I'll give you a lecture). Trans people tend to have more mixed opinions about whether cis gay men have the right to reclaim slurs that were directed at them due to bigots conflating drag queens and crossdressers and trans women. A bunch of cis gay men have reacted poorly to what they perceive as word policing from people, especially allies, who are ignorant of the history and meaning of drag (which certainly has happened, though I wouldn't say it's the majority of trans people opposed to drag queens using those words), which has exacerbated the conflict.

Also as a bisexual person with an opposite-sex (though not gender) partner, there is plenty of bullshit bi people face in both the straight and gay communities, but that stupid Picard meme didn't happen. No one gives a gently caress if straight people come to Pride, there are tons of them there (including straight trans people, who are certainly under the LGBT umbrella!). That poo poo only happens online, like others have said.

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
No one gives a gently caress, and no one gives a gently caress about transsexuals. Here's some poo poo that didn't happen: someone cared. Shut the gently caress up.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Jul 5, 2016

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Stroop There It Is posted:

(PM me and I'll give you a lecture).

I need something to read so sure, but I don't have pm's since I am a filthy poor so uhhhh... Can you hook me up nonetheless? I always like to know more about everything.

I'm also interested in figuring out how it works out when everyone has a different goal and the goals contradict each other. I mean, I'm sure with time things will be figured out but I'm interested.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

curious lump posted:

No one gives a gently caress, and no one gives a gently caress about transsexuals. Here's some poo poo that didn't happen: someone cared. Shut the gently caress up.

I usually don't rap sheet shame but fuckin' lol.

curious lump posted:

a jew, a friend of the family, a wop, a spic, or a guy whos last name is Thundercock. Yeah really hard choice, retard

curious lump posted:

Shut up, fag.

e: fixed improper grammar

curious lump posted:

actually blade 3 was extremely good you dumb friend of the family

:frogout: And the irony is of course your only post in this thread is caring enough to tell everyone else that nobody cares. :frogout:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
to be fair, blade 3 WAS really good

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, Ryan Reynolds was pretty funny in it.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Tracula posted:

:frogout: And the irony is of course your only post in this thread is caring enough to tell everyone else that nobody cares. :frogout:

Congratulations! You are a bad poster!.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Farooq is here to induct you into the guild.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

That was a single event and very much is the exception, not the rule. It's a complicated issue. There have been a lot of conflicts between the drag community and the trans community over the reclaiming of words like "tranny" and "shemale"--whether drag queens, who have always been called the same derogatory words as trans women, have the right to refer to themselves (NOT trans people) with those words. The vast majority of trans people don't have a problem with drag itself (and in fact, the drag and trans communities have up until very recently had a LOT of overlap; there are still many trans women who begin to explore their identities through drag, and if you think drag is mocking of cis or trans women, PM me and I'll give you a lecture). Trans people tend to have more mixed opinions about whether cis gay men have the right to reclaim slurs that were directed at them due to bigots conflating drag queens and crossdressers and trans women. A bunch of cis gay men have reacted poorly to what they perceive as word policing from people, especially allies, who are ignorant of the history and meaning of drag (which certainly has happened, though I wouldn't say it's the majority of trans people opposed to drag queens using those words), which has exacerbated the conflict.

Also as a bisexual person with an opposite-sex (though not gender) partner, there is plenty of bullshit bi people face in both the straight and gay communities, but that stupid Picard meme didn't happen. No one gives a gently caress if straight people come to Pride, there are tons of them there (including straight trans people, who are certainly under the LGBT umbrella!). That poo poo only happens online, like others have said.

I'd actually like to read your thoughts on drag and cis/trans women, I have very little experience with drag outside of the media and it sounds interesting. I have pms, but I'm sure the thread could also support a little derail.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Monkey posted:

I'd actually like to read your thoughts on drag and cis/trans women, I have very little experience with drag outside of the media and it sounds interesting. I have pms, but I'm sure the thread could also support a little derail.

One of the things I enjoy about PYF is the educational derails that form from some posts, I'd like to hear more too.

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Tracula posted:

those posts r the opposite of urs (see: incredibly good)

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

curious lump posted:

those posts r the opposite of urs (see: incredibly good)

You just called his posts incredibly good. I agree.

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You just called his posts incredibly good. I agree.

What! No. No!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

in ten Years people will still be asking each other where they were when curious lump got owned

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In ten years hopefully we will all be dead and the earth reclaimed by nature

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

In ten years hopefully we will all be dead and the earth reclaimed by nature

oldpainless more liek oldlifeless amirite

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Weatherman I'll pay you three internet dollars to follow oldpainless around for a day and post 'oldpainless more like old____less' every time he says something

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Weatherman I'll pay you three internet dollars to follow oldpainless around for a day and post 'oldpainless more like old____less' every time he says something

Well of course the parrot would want people to repeat things over and over.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
A conspiracy of conures and cockatoos!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

A well-meaning STDH, but DH nonetheless (although on Facebook this post was accompanied by the helpful comment "this happened in Ohio.")

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
poo poo that never happens: posting STDH with a fully charged phone.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CannonFodder posted:

poo poo that never happens: posting STDH with a fully charged phone.

there's probably a correlation between the believableness of a post and the percent battery left

also i love how that one's message seems to be like "you paid for my groceries. i'd gently caress you lol"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
The ending LOL really makes it

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ElGroucho posted:

The ending LOL really makes it

that's the exact part, IMO, that turns the message from "i'd like to genuinely thank you and pay you back in a meaningful way" to "i used to be more racist against your people, but you still have holes right he he"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is egregious

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

oldpainless posted:

This is egregious

More like oldcashless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sweeperbravo posted:

there's probably a correlation between the believableness of a post and the percent battery left

also i love how that one's message seems to be like "you paid for my groceries. i'd gently caress you lol"

That's not the message at all and it's kind of weird you'd jump to that conclusion.