Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have no shows on Sunday, or most nights right now. It's kind of refreshing. I didn't even actually turn my TV on tonight or last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yeah. Where have all my super hero comic book shows gone?

I mean apart from preacher and powers. Two of the best shows ever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

All I have left on Sunday nights now is Intervention and there wasn't even a new episode of that last night :smith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BSam posted:

Yeah. Where have all my super hero comic book shows gone?

I mean apart from preacher and powers. Two of the best shows ever.
I thought Powers was trash? I couldn't even get through the pilot.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

ShakeZula posted:

You and everybody else should be watching The Last Ship

I watched the first couple seasons of this thinking it was going to be canceled at any time (and it probably should have been). It is absolutely Michael Bay: The TV Series, with all the cringe-worthy Go Navy! speeches and explosions you could hope for, delivered by the steely-eyed gaze of the grizzled navy captain, who is exactly the caricature you thought of when you read that description. Along with the dialog, the acting is also right up there to Michael Bay standards, which means juuuust on the inside of mediocre, serving as a delivery device for additional explosions and patriotism.

It's also entertaining as hell, if you're willing to just accept that rousing dramatic monologues are how people talk in the Last Ship universe.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah and I couldn't follow the quantum mechanics you drunkenly wrote on the wall behind you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vodos posted:

Holy poo poo, Tyrant has a third season starting this week. How in the gently caress was that hot mess renewed again?

Yes... more scenes with Moran Atias in tight dresses.
Everyone needs a Jamal to watch on TV, he's easily the most likeable vicious dictator.

Last season was pretty good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

it's bsam

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Season 2 has actually been really good. It's got it's faults, but they have upped their game on the effects.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've got two episodes of 12 Monkeys left, and then Mr Robot comes back. And that's about it I think. Unless I'm forgetting something else that I like that's airing this summer. At least it gives me time to catch up on stuff I have leftover from this season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Brain Dead on CBS
Preacher on AMC
John Oliver is coming back soon
The Night Of on HBO

There's some good stuff right now

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm the only one still watching Ray Donovan. :smith:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Not enough, drat you summer broadcasting schedules for making me pick up the Last Ship again. :sigh:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Brain Dead on CBS
Preacher on AMC
John Oliver is coming back soon
The Night Of on HBO

There's some good stuff right now

I don't watch any of those. I tried Brain Dead, liked the cast and creatives behind it but it just didn't click.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Gonz posted:

I'm the only one still watching Ray Donovan. :smith:

I actually just caught up on the last season, it was good stuff. It's just the perfect example of a show that I enjoy when I'm watching it but fall off of easily. Still haven't started this season yet.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Preacher has been upping its game over the last couple of weeks. This week's episode had a really great and stylish cold opening. I also appreciate that the show is, thus far, less puerile than its source material.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ShakeZula posted:

I actually just caught up on the last season, it was good stuff. It's just the perfect example of a show that I enjoy when I'm watching it but fall off of easily. Still haven't started this season yet.

Only two episodes into the new season, so catching up should be a breeze.

Mickey continues to be the shittiest criminal alive.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dark Matter and Killjoys just came back.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Preacher is really good. At points, it feels like a more outlandish cartoon version of Fargo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven't been able to get past episode 3 because Cooper (and the way the show's writing Jesse, somewhat) is such a drag. Fair enough you don't have to make him as quippy as the comic version but he seemed to be dragging the joy out of all his scenes in the episodes I watched.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Vanderdeath posted:

Preacher has been upping its game over the last couple of weeks. This week's episode had a really great and stylish cold opening. I also appreciate that the show is, thus far, less puerile than its source material.

I'm not gonna say I love Preacher but I loathe the source material and it's been quite good so far.

I'm very glad they don't feel the need to say friend of the family and human being every 5 minutes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

You and everybody else should be watching The Last Ship

Arrow isn't back until the fall though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I haven't been able to get past episode 3 because Cooper (and the way the show's writing Jesse, somewhat) is such a drag. Fair enough you don't have to make him as quippy as the comic version but he seemed to be dragging the joy out of all his scenes in the episodes I watched.

This week's episode started off with a real banger as they played around with the whole idea of how whenever one of the angels die they just respawn close by. So there's a big fight scene where angel bodies just keep on piling up.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MiddleOne posted:

Not enough, drat you summer broadcasting schedules for making me pick up the Last Ship again. :sigh:

The Last Ship is awesome and Dumb in all the best ways that a thing can be awesome and Dumb.

Also gently caress you Chris Evans, you were the worst part of the rebooted Top Gear and that's saying something.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
starting to get the feeling IRQ isn't a fan of chris evans you guys

I haven't watched any of the new Top Gear for reasons which should be clear but the appointment of Evans did feel a bit too....I dunno, obvious? Like they just picked the nearest presenter they had. Still better than the trio of shitbirds they had before though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They have a good foundation with Matt Leblanc and the two hardcore nerd car reviewers. Chris Evans stained everything and the celebrity interviews were especially awful.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

HorseRenoir posted:

Preacher is really good. At points, it feels like a more outlandish cartoon version of Fargo.

If it wasn't played completely straight it would be the worst show ever, instead it is great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should get the real Chris Evans.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

They have a good foundation with Matt Leblanc and the two hardcore nerd car reviewers. Chris Evans stained everything and the celebrity interviews were especially awful.

Yeah, to be honest after the first episode, which was utterly dire, it's not the worst thing in the world. All off the lesser known presenters are pretty good, and Matt LeBlanc isn't a total trainwreck.

It'll never be as good as Clarkson, May, and Hammond's Top Gear, but getting rid of Evans will help a lot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The last couple seasons of real Top Gear sucked.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

If it wasn't played completely straight it would be the worst show ever, instead it is great.

Yeah, the last few weeks of Preacher have been really fun to watch.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
While Preacher's latest cold open will be hard to top, one of the season 2 Marco Polo episodes comes close with a 20 something minutes awesome epic battle scene before the credits hit, so fuckin good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Actually kinda pumped to catch up on Preacher now :)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stuff is actually happening now, Jesse is getting tuned in to the wider stuff and more actively using his power so there's actually forward motion on the story.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah the latest episode was was really something. People had been complaining about it being slow which I can't really argue with even if it doesn't matter to me but Sunday's episode was great.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

The last couple seasons of real Top Gear sucked.

It had definitely gotten stale yeah.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
"YEAH, gently caress YOU NETFLIX, YOU loving FUCKS. YOU'RE THE REASON WE CAN'T MONETIZE OUR poo poo ON CW. WE'RE GONNA START OUR OWN STREAMING SERVICE, WITH BOOZE, AND HOOKERS, AND PLENTY OF COMMERCIALS ABOUT BOOZE AND HOOKERS, AND OUR SUBSCRIBERS ARE GONNA PAY FOR IT ANYWAY BECAUSE OUR MILLENNIAL VIEWERS HAVE RIVERS OF MONEY! SO HOW DO YOU LIKE HOW THAT poo poo WORKS, MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAS?"

"Uh, sir, nobody's subscribing to our streaming service."

"...............................ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhhhhh"

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

DivisionPost posted:

"YEAH, gently caress YOU NETFLIX, YOU loving FUCKS. YOU'RE THE REASON WE CAN'T MONETIZE OUR poo poo ON CW. WE'RE GONNA START OUR OWN STREAMING SERVICE, WITH BOOZE, AND HOOKERS, AND PLENTY OF COMMERCIALS ABOUT BOOZE AND HOOKERS, AND OUR SUBSCRIBERS ARE GONNA PAY FOR IT ANYWAY BECAUSE OUR MILLENNIAL VIEWERS HAVE RIVERS OF MONEY! SO HOW DO YOU LIKE HOW THAT poo poo WORKS, MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAS?"

"Uh, sir, nobody's subscribing to our streaming service."

"...............................ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhhhhh"

speaking of, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is on Netflix now, so nobody with an account has any excuse for not watching it. I showed the first couple of episodes to my mom last night and she loved it. :3:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Looks like that deal I posted about here earlier closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I fell asleep during Preacher ep 4.

• Locked thread