Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Does Tuvan count. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBkRI_aDFKo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

pentfixion posted:

Hellcast was always a favorite of mine, they recently called it quits after a good 4-year run.
https://www.buzzsprout.com/8907

Oh gently caress me, it's actually over? I thought it was just on a prolonged hiatus because of all the shows and records they're currently involved with. What a bummer.

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Oh gently caress me, it's actually over? I thought it was just on a prolonged hiatus because of all the shows and records they're currently involved with. What a bummer.
I do sincerely hope it comes back if that's true. I've been under the impression for a while now that it was just over, I don't remember where I might have read that.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

New Inquisition song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C-W3Tq-zgM

Seems kool.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Yeah it's feels like it's the slow grind ballad of the album, about halfway through to give you a little breather. Good poo poo - it's very contemplative ( especially the interlude @ 3:54 ). :kiddo:

That is, using Power From the Center of the Cosmic Black Spiral to contemplate Bloodshed Across The Empyrean Altar Beyond The Celestial Zenith of course.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
lol, KK Warslut couldn't stop running his mouth when they played a small'ish metal festival here in Denmark last night. He got mad at a guy wearing an anti-fa mask and wanted him removed, kept telling the audience that they were pussies and they needed to gently caress off. One guy from the crowd hopped on stage and KK threw his guitar down and wanted to fight him, but it didn't come to blows. The rest of the band had to continually calm him down to keep the concert moving along. The crowd was throwing beer KK as well which pissed him off even more.

Throughout all this, the rest of the band were smiling and happily fist-bumping people in the crowd. KK is just a dick, I guess.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

MrBling posted:

lol, KK Warslut couldn't stop running his mouth when they played a small'ish metal festival here in Denmark last night. He got mad at a guy wearing an anti-fa mask and wanted him removed, kept telling the audience that they were pussies and they needed to gently caress off. One guy from the crowd hopped on stage and KK threw his guitar down and wanted to fight him, but it didn't come to blows. The rest of the band had to continually calm him down to keep the concert moving along. The crowd was throwing beer KK as well which pissed him off even more.

Throughout all this, the rest of the band were smiling and happily fist-bumping people in the crowd. KK is just a dick, I guess.

Hahaha, what a baby. How loving sensitive do you have to be in order to lose your poo poo just at the mere sight of something that you happen to disagree with? C'mon KK, we expect more from you.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I'm a few pages late, but that 'modern thrash' tangent y'all went off on a couple pages ago was really killer; lots of great stuff in there.

I'm already backlogged trying to listen to all the cool stuff you guys are constantly posting, but I'm constantly tempted to just pick some random band from some random genre and go "I like X, from genre Y, what else would I like?" just to see the torrent of recommendations you'd all respond with.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

KK's basically a really dumb bogan who got his poo poo kicked in by Blasphemy for calling Caller of the Storms a friend of the family

The new album is poo poo too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

funeral fag posted:

KK's basically a really dumb bogan who got his poo poo kicked in by Blasphemy for calling Caller of the Storms a friend of the family
Yeah

quote:

The new album is poo poo too

No.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

New D666 is my favorite of theirs but I've never been any sort of hardcore fan.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Vulture Culture posted:

Who's a catchy-rear end doom metal band that writes melodies like old Candlemass? I'm disappointed with 95% of doom because they seem to put no effort whatsoever into the highly talented, expertly delivered awful vocals.

yo quotin an old post but try these guys I just found today http://thelonemadman.bandcamp.com/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol at calling everyone else pussies then getting mad at the sight of something you don't agree with.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
“Danish friends, if you were offended by my rant at MM I get it. Obviously I was drunk
but it’s only rock n roll right? in the great old tradition of confrontation and antagonism
where would we be if every show was the same old tired routine.
It’s a fine line to walk and sometimes we cross over into reckless territory
a rock n roll show should not be a safe space…..
The world keeps on turning, for now. "

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

What metal truly needs is racism and misanthropy... Oh wait, we already have NSBM...

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
[shines flashlight under face]
saaaaaafe spaaaaace

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I sure wish I got a trigger warning before I listened to "hosed with a Knife". T

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Deathgasm popped up on Netflix for me over the weekend, it didn't spend much time on metal music itself but it drew me in anyways. Probably the highlight of the movie was when the main character was trying to explain metal to a girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPiL8v19-uI

Killing demons with sex toys was the second best part, I think.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

xzzy posted:

Deathgasm popped up on Netflix for me over the weekend, it didn't spend much time on metal music itself but it drew me in anyways. Probably the highlight of the movie was when the main character was trying to explain metal to a girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPiL8v19-uI

Killing demons with sex toys was the second best part, I think.

Oh poo poo yeah watching this tonight

Edit: hahaha dudes this movie loving rocked. Serious Evil Dead vibes going on. Laughed my rear end off. BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 12, 2016

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
I doubt the thing with KK had anything to do with racism. I get the guy has a convenient past for painting that picture, but it's not really relevant.

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 12, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
A dude known as KK having nothing to do with racism seems like a stretch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's his initials.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
gently caress me I'm an rear end in a top hat

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 12, 2016

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ku Klux ????

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

xzzy posted:

It's pretty great, I wish I could convince other people to watch it with me.

In New Album news:

I was listening to Numenorean because of a great review it got on MetalSucks ( for what that's worth ): http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/07/11/review-numenoreans-home-will-searching-shelter/ , it didn't really catch me but a lot of this "post" stuff doesn't.

However it made me think to check Season of Mist to see if they have anything coming up because they're basically the best label in Metal right now, and randomly listened to this terribly named band purely based on their logo:

Imperium Dekadenz

But before you judge, take a chance and listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKkkhjNfs8

Because this is some loving awesome mid-paced melodic ( guitar - not synths ) black metal from Germany that is seriously good poo poo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TollTheHounds posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKkkhjNfs8

Because this is some loving awesome mid-paced melodic ( guitar - not synths ) black metal from Germany that is seriously good poo poo.
It might be just me being a dunce about black metal, but I'm actually getting some slight Agalloch vibes from this, just without all the acoustic and folky bits.
Really good poo poo in any case.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Spanish Manlove posted:

leave kk slider out of this

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

leave kk null out of this

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
leave kk downing out of this

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

talk about something else gooons

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i saw rwake open for today is the day years ago and the only thing i remember was there was a lady with dreads whose sole purpose was to trigger samples on an ipod and push a key on a moog that made a whoosh sound every few minutes

i think one of the dudes was in mutha's day out

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I was so psyched to see D666 again, now that they're officially nazis I don't know what to doooo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
just go, the riffs are still good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
For those not reading the doom thread, Inter Arma's Paradise Gallows is out and it's a fantastic album.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I was so psyched to see D666 again, now that they're officially nazis I don't know what to doooo

Keith is not a nazi, nor is he a racist. He's just very good at annoying the hell out of people, even his friends at times. And to be frank, anyone calling the entire band nazis is a complete moron.

And they're playing with Ares Kingdom on some of those dates.

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 13, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

is anybody into those black twilight circle bands? i hadn't been very interested in them from what i'd heard but Arizmenda has a new album out and it's pretty cool so maybe they're actually worth checking out. Not sure if I like the Shatann album though, it's pretty silly in places with the clean vocals and the flutes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Speaking of D666, I just spent way too much money on their Metal Threat pre-show with Angelcorpse tomorrow. Also seeing Carcass and Deafheaven for free on Saturday. I didn't go to a single show in June so this will hopefully make up for some of that.

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

The Clit Avoider posted:

Keith is not a nazi, nor is he a racist. He's just very good at annoying the hell out of people, even his friends at times. And to be frank, anyone calling the entire band nazis is a complete moron.

And they're playing with Ares Kingdom on some of those dates.

true facts

Also AK are always worth seeing. Bonus points if you're seeing D666 at the Metal Threat Fest warmup show in Chicago tomorrow, that show will be great. There's a small chance you might see AK pull out an Order From Chaos cover w/ Pete Helmkamp since Angelcorpse is also on that bill.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pentfixion posted:

true facts

Also AK are always worth seeing. Bonus points if you're seeing D666 at the Metal Threat Fest warmup show in Chicago tomorrow, that show will be great. There's a small chance you might see AK pull out an Order From Chaos cover w/ Pete Helmkamp since Angelcorpse is also on that bill.

I might miss a chunk of the AK set because I work until 7:30ish downtown and it they go on at like 8:15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

A human heart posted:

is anybody into those black twilight circle bands? i hadn't been very interested in them from what i'd heard but Arizmenda has a new album out and it's pretty cool so maybe they're actually worth checking out. Not sure if I like the Shatann album though, it's pretty silly in places with the clean vocals and the flutes.

That Dolorvotre s/t album has been my favorite thing so far associated with BTC. Also a couple bands that aren't directed related to that group but are worth a listen: Odz Manouk and Tukaaria. Odz Manouk especially for the heavy Demoncy vibe.