Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el Gonzo
Apr 14, 2006
You guys weren't kidding about kholek. Holy poo poo. My army got wiped out and 2 full stacks attacked kholek and his 100 or so lovely troops. He routed both armies single handedly and ended the fight with more hp than he started with. This is on hard too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Chomp, SA is saying I can't PM you for the tournament so I sent you a steam message. Let me know when is a good time.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I want Total War: Warmachine.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

KillerQueen posted:

A TW:GoT set during the Boratheon rebellion up through the Song of Ice and Fire series would be objectively cool.

I mean, that would just be dudes vs dudes. Particularly if you went full ~canon~ since all your lords would pretty much just be regular guys.

e; the CK2 mod mentioned is really a much better fit since it covers all the things that makes that setting what it is.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 10, 2016

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Kainser posted:

I mean, that would just be dudes vs dudes. Particularly if you went full ~canon~ since all your lords would pretty much just be regular guys.

e; the CK2 mod mentioned is really a much better fit since it covers all the things that makes that setting what it is.

So, it'd be like the other total war games but with different fluff / universe? A hero could be a red priestess, etc. etc. I'm down as a motherfucker for this.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Wasn't there a medieval 2 total war mod for Game of Thrones? I'm pretty sure I remember playing it, and Stannis got shadow-ghost-baby as a super high level one-use assassin

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The Lone Badger posted:

I want Total War: Warmachine.

I used to rag on people asking for Total WarMachine, but I guess it'd work.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Total War: Knights of the Old Republic

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Kainser posted:

Except every house has different war equipment and tactics. Also you'd have the wildmen of the north with giants and direwolves and poo poo. And the Targaryans have like Napalm or some poo poo?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand alPaul posted:

They're advancing across the map, the AI (like in almost every TW game) usually will kill more of your units than your artillery will of theirs. I have Doom Drivers that I shoot at the Helcannons and they don't usually kill them fast enough. In this battle I had 2 boar big uns that didn't really do poo poo except fight off a marauder charge against said Doom Drivers.

way old post but the thing about orcs is that you dont counter battery, you just use guerrila deployment to swarm their canons and ranged units in spiders, wolfs and mushroom-filled goblins :ssh:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

KillerQueen posted:

Except every house has different war equipment and tactics. Also you'd have the wildmen of the north with giants and direwolves and poo poo. And the Targaryans have like Napalm or some poo poo?

It would essentially be Medieval Total War but with less faction variety so it just seems rather pointless to me. Would probably sell well though either way.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Something like Crusader Kings would lend itself to GoT much much better than Total War. There's only so many 'guy with sword/bow/horse' combos, especially in a setting that's mostly homogenous.

No more so than literally every total war game prior to this. I mean off the top of my head you have:

* [Region] Men-at-arms and archers
* Westerlands/Reach/Stormlands/Crownlands/Riverlands knights
* Northern Cavalry
* Knights of the Vale
* Cranockmen (bog men)
* Dornish spearmint and archers
* Second Sons infantry/archers/cavalry
* Golden Company infantry/archers/cavalry
* Unsullied Spearmen
* Various other sellsword things
* Dothraki Screamers
* Wildlings
* Giants
* Nightswatch infantry/archers
* Dragons
* Various siege engines including wildfire catapults
* White Walkers
* White walker zombies

Weirdly i think if you set the game around a couple of key parts of the history it actually makes perfect sense.

Firstly there is aegons invasion. I think he invades with 3 Dragons and like 5,000 men and bitch slaps the poo poo out of everyone while massively outnumbered due to his Dragons.

Then there's Roberts Rebellion. Everything goes to poo poo and it's Norh/River lands/vale/stormlands vs Crownlands/The Reach/Dorne.

Then you have the war of Five Kings which is what the books is and it all goes to poo poo then too.

I mean it's not really any worse than "Romans with spears, Greeks with spears, Romans on horses, iberians on horses" etc. It's one of the reasons this is my favourite total war, there's a lot of diversity and you can't just use the same tactic vs every enemy on the map because they are all varying of "dude with weapon"

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 10, 2016

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I just got off a sweet ambush as Franz against Marienburg. Conqueror them now just a matter of a few turns :agesilaus:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kitchner posted:

No more so than literally every total war game prior to this. I mean off the top of my head you have:

* Northern Cavalry
* Knights of the Vale
* Cranockmen (bog men)
* Unsullied Spearmen
* Dothraki Screamers
* Wildlings
* Giants
* Dragons
* White Walkers
* White walker zombies

Weirdly i think if you set the game around a couple of key parts of the history it actually makes perfect sense.

Firstly there is aegons invasion. I think he invades with 3 Dragons and like 5,000 men and bitch slaps the poo poo out of everyone while massively outnumbered due to his Dragons.

Then there's Roberts Rebellion. Everything goes to poo poo and it's Norh/River lands/vale/stormlands vs Crownlands/The Reach/Dorne.

Then you have the war of Five Kings which is what the books is and it all goes to poo poo then too.

I mean it's not really any worse than "Romans with spears, Greeks with spears, Romans on horses, iberians on horses" etc. It's one of the reasons this is my favourite total war, there's a lot of diversity and you can't just use the same tactic vs every enemy on the map because they are all varying of "dude with weapon"

Eh, it'd probably be better as a mod. TW:W isn't just a licensing reskin, it's actually a big undertaking for CA because it adds in magic, dragons, monsters, etc. GoT is just another version of the same poo poo as TW:W, with unit reskins and a different map. It would be viewed as a cash-in if they went through with it.

However, a warmachine/40k would be a good idea and more likely, because it allows them to add in cooler poo poo like drop pods (but it's basically just a spell that impacts and then summons units, not unlike the raise dead spell)/tellyportaz and way different units like assault marines with they're cool jumps, orbital bombardments, gargantz, etc.

I don't know, warhammer and 40k (being themselves a derivative work) is open-ended enough they don't need to dip into other IPs. Instead, if they just make a base game with big units/armies, flying units, and magic, someone can mod in a bunch of cool poo poo for other settings. At the end of the day, yeah GoT has different types of mounted units ad different types of units with spears and dragons, but at this point that's old hat. At least prior to TW:W, they were focusing on the historical aspect a lot more than the "cool poo poo" aspect. Now it seems they've finally switched. Shogun 2 only had like 6 substantially unique units, they were otherwise essentially just unit model swaps of spearmen/archers/riflemen/swordsmen/cavalry/artillery.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
They're already working on the next historical TW though, and they've expressed interest in tackling another fantasy setting. It's pretty likely they'll just have split historical/fantasy teams going forward.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Well, one thing I can say about my new Empire campaign is, it's off to a good start.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/280729915154559438/1FBE8820CF8095143F8E444099D13530D982A3F7/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Solution to Savage Orc hordes. Murder the gently caress out of them before they get too big and let the wandering ones eat dwarf holds.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kitchner posted:

* Northern Cavalry
* Knights of the Vale
* Cranockmen (bog men)
* Unsullied Spearmen
* Dothraki Screamers
* Wildlings
* Giants
* Dragons
* White Walkers
* White walker zombies

Most of that stuff is barely fleshed out and nobody reads the books/watches the show for any of that. The hallmark of the series is scheming nobles loving each other over with complex social planning and diplomacy. These are, quite literally, the things that Total War represents the worst. CA would have to step so far out of their comfort zones that it wouldn't even be funny.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Is there a particular way to use Riflemen? Right now I just line them up in front of the melee and let the rifles murder whoever gets close (they absolutely shred morale) and then charge the melee forward when the rifle lines aren't being as worth while. Of course I'm a bad player, always wind up getting flanked by Cav forces

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Two things really, you can either run them around to the side and have them fire into the flanks/fire at units who run away, or you can have them facing any potential cav charge, so behind the lines on the flanks, facing outwards. Keep a unit in reserve and the can help em out if they get rushed.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Onmi posted:

Is there a particular way to use Riflemen? Right now I just line them up in front of the melee and let the rifles murder whoever gets close (they absolutely shred morale) and then charge the melee forward when the rifle lines aren't being as worth while. Of course I'm a bad player, always wind up getting flanked by Cav forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubTvOsTI88s

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Finished my empire campaign last night at turn 190 - campaigns go a little quicker when you commit to the objectives rather than just faffing about for 200 turns before deigning to look at the victory conditions :sun:

Greenskins owned almost all of the badlands. I did a little pillaging and razing down there to help my dwarf buddies when I was getting Ghal Maraz, but it doesn't seem to have helped much. Dwarfs didn't really recolonize much, and what little they did got summarily stomped on by the Grimgor waaaagh that showed up as soon as I left.

Dwarves had the eastern mountains down to Gnashrak's lair and a good chunk of the SW chain from Karak Hirn and down. They were pretty dead most of the game - I saw Thorgrim trundling around on his own down there for a while. They only really started getting powerful after I gave them some breathing room.

Brettonia never really got their poo poo together. Tilea took a ton of their southern lands, Bordeleaux was a constant pain, and I vassalized Mousillion at one point which kept them in the game for ages longer than necessary. Plus I had Bastonne province after having to deal with Bastonne being little shits, as well as a random place that used to be Mousillon's in the north (which was constantly rebelling and then getting clowned on by the garrison :downs:)

Overall, very fun. Magic was a little underwhelming to me - there was a lot of stuff that seemed like it should be significantly more impactful than it was, and I only ever really used Balthasar and a Bright Wizard in battle (although Flaming Weapons of Rhuin saved my butt against hexwraiths once). I build the unique temple AND the fully upgraded temple of sigmar in Middenland, which meant i could train Witch Hunters that started at level 12. They obliterated every single VC agent at least once, with notable assassinations of Manny and Kemmler. It was pretty awesome going from Dwarves, with thanes that capped out at like 30%, to Witch Hunters who were regularly hitting 70 and 80 % success chances. I was always poor and trying to upgrade my fringe settlements (which I was conquering like mad in the last 50 or so turns) and so I never managed to get a t3 foundry or t2 college of magic, which means that I never got to play with the Luminark or Steam Tank. Alas.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Onmi posted:

Blue Boxes: Line Infantry (Sword/Axe/Shield)
Red Boxes: Gun Infantry (or cannon artillery)
Green Boxes: Crossbow infantry (or mortar/catapult artillery)
Pink Boxes: Spear/Halberd infantry (no shield)

This is a basic defensive setup that is devastating against frontal charges. The swords in front will tar pit multiple units each while your gunners wreck havok on them from behind the shield wall. The most important thing is to make the gaps in your front line a bit too small for a full health enemy melee unit can get through without getting tagged by your infantry on one side. Any melee units more than required to hold a line in front of your gunners should be held in reserve behind your forces where they wont take missile fire and can react to flankers

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Doing amazingly well on this Hard Dwarf campaign. So well that the chaos invasion just got triggered on turn 56. Welp.

Good luck Karl. I'll try and nab the victory provinces I need while you can go deal with Archaon...

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Mid to late-game empire seems to be a huge snorefest. Playing on hard, I expanded east without any real opposition from the warring states. The vampire counts barely clung on to sylvania, and I beat them using only T1/T2 units. Now all i have to do is conquer the entire north.

Onmi posted:

You literally wrote the definitive guide on how to use riflemen, getting flanked by cav is just how things work.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 10, 2016

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I've been wanting to talk about Legendary Lords for a while, so I'll start with one of the few choices that's actually difficult to make, Ungrim vs Thorgrim.

High King Thorgrim Grudge Bearer

Campaign Bonus

Is exactly the same as every other faction leader, +5% Campaign movement and -10% upkeep on basic heavy infantry (Longbeards/Hammerers) It's always a solid pick though, 4/5 Hammers.

Starting Army

You get a grudge thrower, Hammerers, and one extra unit of quarrelers. It's everything you need to play Dwarves in one shiny package, 5/5 Hammers.

Unique Skills and stats.

Thorgrim is essentially a tiny chariot, he has low AP damage and sucks at hero duels, but can plow straight through enemy units with even a little momentum, chucks around a lot of AOE damage, and is one of the few Lords with a magic weapon, so he destroys wraiths. In general has excellent defensive stats and mediocre offense.

Basically he excels at crowd control and can rack up tons of kills against light or medium infantry but needs backup to handle melee poo poo-wreckers like Grimgor. Combat skills are useful for him but it's more effective to build him as a tank than a damage dealer.

He also has just one unique skill, High King. Essentially this gives allied units in a huge radius the Frenzy ability if Thorgrim is broken, it's totally worth the one point investment but isn't likely to come up a lot if you're doing well.

Overall he's good but not amazing as a combat lord, 3/5 Hammers.

Magic Items

Thorgrim has really great items, albeit they're all skewed towards campaign/army bonuses and making him slightly tankier rather than anything that makes him a real shitwrecker.

Also they finally fixed his first quest by making Gyro's buildable at T3 so there's a much smoother overall progression, just note that his two best items require you to ally with the Empire and have a pretty insane 2000 gp/turn trade income set up, so keep that poo poo in mind by midgame at latest.

His axe is nothing special but the extra loot/reduced upkeep is nice, his Armor gets him a nice 15% ward save, but what you really want is the Crown and the Book. The Crown gives +5 Public Order factionwide, and the Book is a constant +8 melee attack for nearby allies, among various other nice things. Fully Kitted out Thorgrim is hard to do, but really nails that High King experience.

4/5 Hammers mostly because he has some of the most difficult quests in the game.

Unlock meta

This is where Thorgrim stumbles, he's arguably the best starting and late game LL, however going Ungrim lets you quickly unlock both LLs and focus your efforts south, while going Thorgrim will inevitably pull you north, and take it from me the north sucks. If you're lucky you can rush confederation with Karak Kadrin before they get inevitably destroyed by Vampires, but it's not nearly as easy or reliable as clearing 8 grudges and holding the north is just a shitstorm in general.

3/5 Hammers.

Slayer King Ungrim Ironfist

Campaign Bonus

Cheaper Slayers RIP. Probably the worst campaign bonus in the game! At least Slayers are one turn units now so spamming them isn't completely unthinkable, just pointless. 1/5 Hammers.

Starting Army

You get Slayers, Handgunners, and Longbeards instead of Hammerers and artillery, this is not a good trade. The handgunners are ok and the Slayers can run down fleeing units but as a starting army this setup still blows and basically does nothing for you. 2/5 Hammers.

Unique Skills and Stats

Ungrim is Grimgor light, he's not quite as strong but he's unbreakable and a bit tankier, at the cost of having a noticeably worse combat tree. Being able to duel and possibly win against Grimgor early on goes a long way to making up for his poo poo starting army though.

He also has a lot of unique but questionably useful skills. Slayer King is +9 Melee Attack for Slayers, Slayer is +9 for himself, Daemon Slayer is +15 vs Chaos/Norse and Dragon Slayer is +15 vs large. You need 12 points to max out all of them, so uh, don't do that. I'd suggest just maxing out Dragon Slayer and maybe Slayer King if you're determined to make your cheap slayer bonus worth something.

Overall he's a strong combat Lord let down mostly by poor mobility and the Dwarf Combat tree. 4/5 Hammers.

Magic Items

Ungrim has strong combat items with only very limited campaign map bonuses. His crown gives +5 public order locally and reduces corruption, his armor gives him a 20% physical ward save and a 20% fire ward save, which is cute but Dwarf fire units aren't really good enough to exploit that with, and his axe is a pretty standard unique weapon that unlocks last for some reason.

3/5 Hammers, his items are solid but not versatile or crazy good.

Unlock Meta

Basically what it comes down to is that Thorgrim is mostly better, but if you're good enough to get through the early game with Ungrim you'll almost certainly have an easier mid-game with both heroes unlocked and 90% less Vampire fuckery.

4/5 Hammers for being usually the slightly better pro-pick.

Bonus Round, Gelt is still balls and easily the worst LL in the game now that Kemmler is decent.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
IS there any point to Reiksguard Knights after you have Demigryphs?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Demigryphs don't yell poo poo that's as cool as the Reiksguard! But more seriously, if you're Karl Franz, you get 10% reduced upkeep to the Reiksguard, if you've got a big Empire, reiksguard are just about a perfect cav for most of your armies. Money is pretty key to this game.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they have a badass name and armor, what more do you need in warhammer?

the birds are cool too, use both of them

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
if they implement more stuff from the tabletop then there are spells/magic items designed specifically to gently caress with flying units

skaven in particular have a war banner that grounds all flying units for a semirandom length of time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They need to add a button to let air units stay grounded, I don't need that terrorgheist to fly back up and land 10 feet short of retreating goblins, or having a small amount of flying units get swarmed by multiple flyers while my giant army watches underneath.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Mid to late-game empire seems to be a huge snorefest. Playing on hard, I expanded east without any real opposition from the warring states. The vampire counts barely clung on to sylvania, and I beat them using only T1/T2 units. Now all i have to do is conquer the entire north.

You literally wrote the definitive guide on how to use riflemen, getting flanked by cav is just how things work.

One should understand. Being able to talk about the effective use of a unit, and being able to put it into practice are very different things. I'm not very good at the battlescape. I'm still learning things to better refine how I fight so I'm not going for the same strategic line over and over again (Rifles backed up by Melee to advance, backed up by artillery for pounding, usually with Cavs hidden off to the side.) I've nearly lost too many engagements the game told me I had the force to overwhelmingly win.

And for some reason, my units do not disengage from the enemy targets, I'm curious if there's a setting to make that easier.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Onmi posted:

And for some reason, my units do not disengage from the enemy targets, I'm curious if there's a setting to make that easier.

Units have a certainly level of automatic fight back against units that they're engaged in combat with. Unless your unit is faster than their opponent, they cannot really disengage from an enemy. This is to prevent chronic kiting from players and make tarpit type units actually work as well as stop you from completely losing a unit that is on the move from automatically losing a fight just because it was on a move order. Guard mode kind of makes them less sticky, but the only reliable way is to engage that enemy unit with another unit to disengage with the unit you want to disengage. Sometimes cavalry can get free but often needs you to spam commands since they will technically be in combat while trying to disengage.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Archaon thinks he's 'ard, but the boyz stopped him, uh hem, stomped him proper.

5000 green skins vs 3900 chaos. Reinforcement armies from all points of the compass. War machines wrecking dudes and then getting picked apart by wyvern mounted warlords. Running cavalry battles across the shallow lake. Battalion of Night Goblins ambushing chaos chosen in the woods and getting pulped. Black orcs with great weapons systematically butchering a chaos giant. Archon and Grimgor facing off in a mass of 2000 orcs and chosen.

In the end Grimgor head butted the Everweak again. 6000 bodies. This game is loving awesome.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They have better hats, which I find more important than any :airquote:stat:airquote:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I'm starring to think the performance loss from the blood pack isn't worth it. Maybe next year when I use some of my sweet refund money on a 1080 TI.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

I'm starring to think the performance loss from the blood pack isn't worth it. Maybe next year when I use some of my sweet refund money on a 1080 TI.

Yeah, I've decided to put this game on hold until I upgrade since my performance already wasn't amazing even at low settings and now it's even worse with blood enabled. TW:W has gotten me into a Warhammery mood though so I've been spending some time with Vermintide again which owns and should be played by everyone here.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Chomp won all 3 of our games, well fought!

VC vs Chaos - pretty close, I tried my hand at the death star with some success but forgot to save up magic for overcasted Nehek :doh:. Good call bringing Chaos spawn, I hate those unbreakable sacks of hp. Fate of Bjuna barely takes a third of their health.
Dwarfs vs Empire - Brilliant strategy to start far back and make him come to me!...Except he also had cannons and Dwarf armor isn't much good against cannonballs.
Empire vs Brettonia - my first time fighting Brets and I knew pegasus knights were powerful but I wasn't expecting essentially demigryphs with wings. Steam tanks painted the ground with blood and feathers in a valiant last stand, though. Also good job making me divert a few halberd units to deal with your flankers on the left, I don't think they ended up doing anything but I could have definitely used those guys on my main line.

I definitely need to practice MP more, too used to being able to pause and slow down at will.

Vargs posted:

Vermintide owns and should be played by everyone here.

Truth.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
So I need some advice.

I've been playing on Very Hard as the Empire, and this is generally whats been going down:

1) Kill secessionists

2) Take Nuln and it's towns

3) take some middle stuff, leave northern guys as meat shield against vikings

4) Kill Archaeon the Ever Failure and his hoardes

5) Sort of kill VC

6) Get hosed by Viking Armageddon, Tilea, and every other fucker who is still lwft standing attacking me at once

The battles aren't beating me, I'm just getting outnumbered and attacked on all sides after Chaos dies, are there some tips and tricks that you need to do on Very Hard that you didn't need to do on Normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Ainsley McTree posted:

They have better hats, which I find more important than any :airquote:stat:airquote:

When they add chaos dwarfs I won't play anything else because nothing comes close to their hats

• Locked thread