Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dubplate Fire posted:

Why didn't black people vote for Bernie Sanders? Why did Spike Lee have to make that video urging minorities to vote for Bernie?
Historically, black people don't like jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dubplate Fire posted:

Why didn't black people vote for Bernie Sanders? Why did Spike Lee have to make that video urging minorities to vote for Bernie?

i find it unthinkable that conservative states with conservative minorities would favor the more conservative candidate that they are more familliar with. Then, white people over analyzed this and discussed it in disgusting ways, pissing off black people who would otherwise probably be on board in more liberal states.

Also apparently antisemitism is a bigger thing than i realized in the u.s.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

hemophilia posted:

i find it unthinkable that conservative states with conservative minorities would favor the more conservative candidate that they are more familliar with. Then, white people over analyzed this and discussed it in disgusting ways, pissing off black people who would otherwise probably be on board in more liberal states.

Also apparently antisemitism is a bigger thing than i realized in the u.s.

You don't have to be a dick I was really asking.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
I guess latinos too?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ks-and-latinos/

which leads me to believe it's probably more a socioeconomic thing

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dubplate Fire posted:

You don't have to be a dick I was really asking.

im sorry then, D&D broke me after having this discussion a million god drat times iwth 100% insincere shitheads.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

DOMDOM posted:

Historically, black people don't like jews

IMO, ppl w/o much feel like they can't afford taking risks on the unfamiliar. Clinton is known, and she paid all the right guys to say she's good.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Ork of Fiction posted:

IMO, ppl w/o much feel like they can't afford taking risks on the unfamiliar. Clinton is known, and she paid all the right guys to say she's good.

If this is true then the system is broken.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Dubplate Fire posted:

If this is true then the system is broken.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Clinton.

No no that seems normal and good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
don't make me own you a third time cartouche

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DOMDOM posted:

I guess latinos too?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ks-and-latinos/

which leads me to believe it's probably more a socioeconomic thing

it probably is, look at the socioeconomic numbers for Jewish Americans and compare it against the people who really hate/dislike them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
there will always be more excuses than jobs its sad

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dubplate Fire posted:

Where the gently caress can you live on minimum wage?

Lot's of places. Min wage is about 1100 bucks a month if you only work 40 hours.

Your biggest cost is going to be a livable apartment in a nice town with good schools (if you've got kids). But at min wage you'll be able to snag financial assistance and won't be paying income taxes. Plus there are orgs that will actually pay your rent/utilities for you in many cases.

A car is necessary too, but that can be had for a few hundred bucks if you aren't picky. I sold my 1987 honda civic with 250,000 miles for 300 dollars and it still runs great. Just no A/C and the paint job is messed up.

And then there's the whole thing about having a plan for your life. Like, where do you want to be in 5/10 years and plan backwards from that. But most people can't think past the end of their noses.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Lot's of places. Min wage is about 1100 bucks a month if you only work 40 hours.

Your biggest cost is going to be a livable apartment in a nice town with good schools (if you've got kids). But at min wage you'll be able to snag financial assistance and won't be paying income taxes. Plus there are orgs that will actually pay your rent/utilities for you in many cases.

A car is necessary too, but that can be had for a few hundred bucks if you aren't picky. I sold my 1987 honda civic with 250,000 miles for 300 dollars and it still runs great. Just no A/C and the paint job is messed up.

And then there's the whole thing about having a plan for your life. Like, where do you want to be in 5/10 years and plan backwards from that. But most people can't think past the end of their noses.

yeah but I can rent this PS4 for just $24.99 a week!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

Here's a hint for the super cheap seats: if you go through the visa process and can afford to pay it odds are you weren't poor in Mexico either and you aren't arriving in the USA with absolutely nothing. Double triple hint: THEY AREN'T GIVING VISAS TO UNSKILLED UNEDUCATED WORKERS DIPSHIT thus your comparison of legal latino immigrants to broke as gently caress kids growing up in compton is meaningless

Just goes back to what I said earlier: my family were immigrants but you're loving retarded if you think our success has nothing at all to do with blind luck or that everyone could do the same.

Do you have friends irl?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i live in a low income town in the cheapest part of the state without literally living in the west texas wasteland where there are literally no jobs unless you want to rustle cattle like an old timey villain and risk being hung in the town square by the county marshal. The ghettos of dallas are actually more expensive, but no 40 hour minimum wage does not meet my cost of living, and yeah there's no republican gay rear end stereotype to fall on here, rent a center is poison, i don't have tv, i have the cheapest internet that's available, i have a loving landline and pay as you go burner phones i've collected over the years to compensate for the times when i frequently still can't afford to pay internet/phone that month. Hope this helps you loving delusional retards.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
literally

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

hemophilia posted:

most I ever made was $8 taking calls. Nobody ever acted like a human being above us grunts. Very personal, anecdotal thing but my factory jobs felt like I was actually doing something, even if it was some loving redundant task that should've been automated, and my co workers and bosses, did not act like robots, and Everywhere I've had a job that was business casual instead of bluejeans and work boots was insufferable in that way. If you don't see it you're part of the problem and should probably be first against the wall

Yep. Best job I've had to date was in a furniture warehouse.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

And that's what it always comes back to unfortunately. Powerful interests who benefit from the status quo. And *that* is what black people mean by systemic racism. People would rather let black people live as they do rather than tackle the drug war because too much money is being made enforcing our idiot laws.

Probably not, to be realistic. When it comes to huge organizations like governments or multinationals 9 times out of 10 it comes down to some combination of momentum, incompetence, and bureaucracy. And it's not like politicians are loving dummies, it was really obvious that running on tougher on crime / drugs than the other guy was a loving solid way of winning elections and yes of course there were racial (among a boatload of other) reasons for this.

But times have changed and people are rapidly starting to give less and less fucks about drugs, even harder ones. I would not be surprised at all to see a serious look by politicians at using drug reform as a the primary tool to address the problem because it's a lot easier pill to swallow than anything else.

It's easy to handwave and say it's all because of some vast money conspiracy but the truth is there's very little evidence to back it up.

Dubplate Fire posted:

Where the gently caress can you live on minimum wage?

Many places if you do not have kids. If you have kids though yea you're hosed.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
poo poo sucks all 'round but Joe Black Dude still isn't even at the baseline level of shittiness Joe White Dude endures. That's the real problem and the real scandal but let's keep pretending there's an epidemic of police shootings because that plays better on twitter.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
only way to make them stop killin is more welfare i dont see any way around it

according to an economist and two losers online

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hemophilia posted:

i live in a low income town in the cheapest part of the state without literally living in the west texas wasteland where there are literally no jobs unless you want to rustle cattle like an old timey villain and risk being hung in the town square by the county marshal. The ghettos of dallas are actually more expensive, but no 40 hour minimum wage does not meet my cost of living, and yeah there's no republican gay rear end stereotype to fall on here, rent a center is poison, i don't have tv, i have the cheapest internet that's available, i have a loving landline and pay as you go burner phones i've collected over the years to compensate for the times when i frequently still can't afford to pay internet/phone that month. Hope this helps you loving delusional retards.

Sorry about your lot in life. I like your AV tho

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hemophilia posted:

Bless your heart. :911:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Seriously I just paid $2k for a root canal idk how in the gently caress anyone is supposed to afford that unless they take on debt or already have money.

You can try brushing your teeth twice a day.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I grew up on the crime side, The New York Times side.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

lol why does it not surprise me at all that your rap sheet is 'racist, transphobic, racist, whining/shitposting, etc.'

suck my dick dumbo

Poster with a 4 page rap sheet is going to play that card, lol.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

shut the gently caress up and make my coffee bitch

and god help your sorry rear end if i find less than three pubic hairs in it

I'll put extra creamy in it for you hun.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

lol why does it not surprise me at all that your rap sheet is 'racist, transphobic, racist, whining/shitposting, etc.'

suck my dick dumbo

Probably because you get probated at the drop of a hat for criticizing SA's protected classes. It's best to just ignore they exist on here.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

wow this thread sure is lovely

Him
Oct 9, 2015
And in a related story, it seems that Kalyn Chapman James (the first black Miss Alabama) has come out and called the Dallas shooter a "martyr".

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
please change thread title to Breaking News - 5 Pokemon shot in Dallas

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Molothecat posted:

thanks for your assistance

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Molothecat posted:

Molothecat posted:

Molothecat posted:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Molothecat posted:

It is now that you're here

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

It is now that you're here

please

no

stop

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

buncha long, dumb as poo poo posts that no one but d&d rejects read. blah blah blah garbage horseshit and the same charts over and over.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

hemophilia posted:

im sorry then, D&D broke me after having this discussion a million god drat times iwth 100% insincere shitheads.

don't post in D&D

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

How do you live on minimum wage? Get financial assistance of course!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

only way to make them stop killin is more welfare i dont see any way around it

according to an economist and two losers online

an alternative would be to raise taxes on the wealthy to previously seen levels and then use government spending to grow the economy to the point where welfare becomes unnecessary but lol yeah loving right

• Locked thread