Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
For every bad thing about RE5 (I'm looking at you, racism) there is another thing that makes the game amazing, such as one of the greatest moments in any RE game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

I can't watch that without laughing. It's just so perfectly Capcom.

RE5 is such a hit and miss game. I really enjoy it but yeah uhh a few of those bits (the village, as everybody seems to be in agreement on) are just :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Guillermus posted:

So no, spanish can't be considered hispanic in the way north america refers to it. RE5 is as racist as RE4 would be. I'm spanish and no one has that mexican accent, we used Euros already when they made RE4 and they even have their own language in Galicia where the game happens, but I'm not offended at all because you know, Capcom and their lack of awareness.

But if someone shot you in the head, it would explode into a giant scythe-tipped tentacle, right?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

For every bad thing about RE5 (I'm looking at you, racism) there is another thing that makes the game amazing, such as one of the greatest moments in any RE game.

Chris loosens pickle jars he can't open by getting them into a headlock and punching them

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Any scene involving Wesker or Irvine in RE5 is solid gold. Even the Wesker/Jill boss is pretty dope, if kinda ridiculous on Professional Mode. There's also a giant elevator crab that you kill by punch grenades in its mouth. RE5 has a lot of good things going for it, tbh

Although it does have the worst turret section this side of Duke Nukem Forever.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I loved the first Wesker boss fight strategy is to shot him face first with a rocket launcher and then make it explode harder

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Professional Mode in general is ridiculous from what i remember of playing it originally. 99% of attacks will put you in dying immediately so you have to stay glued to your goddamn partner. 1% will leave at almost dying.

Plus The El Gigante boss fight on Professional is the only reason me and my brother haven't gotten the Platinum Trophy on the PS3 version. He's just so bullshit hard.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Professional Mode in general is ridiculous from what i remember of playing it originally. 99% of attacks will put you in dying immediately so you have to stay glued to your goddamn partner. 1% will leave at almost dying.

Plus The El Gigante boss fight on Professional is the only reason me and my brother haven't gotten the Platinum Trophy on the PS3 version. He's just so bullshit hard.

That boss fight is extra fun on Professional when you're playing it online and a hundred+ millisecond ping for the can mean the difference between passing and failing the QTE's.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why not use the AI

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best thing 6 did was make qte's optional. god, i hate those things.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Serious Frolicking posted:

the best thing 6 did was make qte's optional. god, i hate those things.

Yeah, but it did that way too late. When I first got the game a couple of months after release, that poo poo wasn't there. You had to do all the QTEs.

Also, failing the final QTE in Resident Evil 5 is worth it. Its so hilarious to look at.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I liked the QTE's though! I can't believe they casualised the amazing climbing QTE to just mashing a trigger instead of alternating and holding the the last pressed button down. I never had trouble with it once i went online and looked up exactly what the game wants you to do button-wise figured it out.

Joking aside i like how all the climbing QTE's in Leons story were clearly designed around you being kinda slow and deliberate like you were actually climbing a rope or whatever and when you just mash the triggers you'll leave whatever danger you're in far,far behind as you go slightly faster than the game ever intended you to.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vakal posted:

But if someone shot you in the head, it would explode into a giant scythe-tipped tentacle, right?

I don't even know at this point, may even grow another one like the alien dude in Men in Black :haw:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I thought the QTE scene where you were searching the car for the car keys in the beginning of Leon's campaign was kind of cool, honestly. It's also fun whenever I'm playing with someone new because I tell them to keep track of just how far the car makes it with Leon behind the wheel and it never fails to get a laugh.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Umbrella Corps is free to try this weekend on PS4.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Seedge posted:

Umbrella Corps is free to try this weekend on PS4.

Still too much.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You usually get paid to QA a game, yeah.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There was one bit I thought was clever, before Operation Raccoon City wore out its welcome; one of the six characters you control had a dart that enabled V-ACT, which turned a normal human enemy into a zombie (so they'd fight each other) or a normal zombie into a Crimson Head (so they'd, again, fight each other).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

RE0 HD has sold 1.1 million copies.

It will be interesting to see what lessons Capcom takes from this.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Raxivace posted:

That they should have released REmake and RE 0 on anything but the Gamecube way back then?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Mikami used to swear up, down, and sideways that the GameCube was the only system capable of handling those two games at the time. They wouldn't be the games they are if they'd come out for any other system.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Well RE4 on PS2 was definitely cut back graphically so I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true for those two. Original Xbox would have run them easily but Capcom seemed to hate Xbox owners for some reason

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wanderer posted:

Mikami used to swear up, down, and sideways that the GameCube was the only system capable of handling those two games at the time. They wouldn't be the games they are if they'd come out for any other system.

Okay, I could maybe see the PS2 being unable to handle them but there's no reason the Xbox couldn't handle them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They made Dino Crisis 3 so that checks out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't the xbox sell like 5 units total in japan though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Raxivace posted:

The world is finally ready for PN.04

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Capcom have already announced current gen ports of Dead Rising 1+2+OTR, their strategy going forwards is releasing their entire back catalogue on PS4, X1 and PC.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

They made Dino Crisis 3 so that checks out

I loved Dino Crisis 1 and 2 but never played 3 so I watched some gameplay footage of it a while back. I was kind of shocked at how boring it looked considering the premise is dinosaurs in space. And the camera angles were among some of the worst I'd ever seen.

Shame, I'd love a reboot of Dino Crisis. Or a game that ignores 3 entirely.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I loved Dino Crisis 1 and 2 but never played 3 so I watched some gameplay footage of it a while back. I was kind of shocked at how boring it looked considering the premise is dinosaurs in space. And the camera angles were among some of the worst I'd ever seen.

Shame, I'd love a reboot of Dino Crisis. Or a game that ignores 3 entirely.

I've been saying that for years. It would be even more fantastic if they carried over the RE style now to it. Let me punch dinosaurs to death. Hell give me different characters one uses melee and wrestles dinosaurs. The other guns all day every day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Sakurazuka posted:

Capcom have already announced current gen ports of Dead Rising 1+2+OTR, their strategy going forwards is releasing their entire back catalogue on PS4, X1 and PC.
Even their Mega Man games?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Dinosaurs are an untapped market in our current oversaturated world of zombies.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Scalding Coffee posted:

Even their Mega Man games?

They just released a half-assed Mega Man Legacy Collection on those platforms back last August.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Dino Crisis caught me off guard when I played it for the first time a few years back. The idea that I could drop my weapon while being attacked didn't even occur to me until I was trying to shoot my non existent weapon at another dinosaur 4 minutes later.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I remember Dino Crisis 1 and 2 let you move and shoot at the same time, which baffles me why it wasn't until Resident Evil 6 that Capcom implemented that. I also remember Dino Crisis 1 having some stupidly obscure puzzles while 2 felt like a prototype for the Mercenaries Mode in Resident Evil games and it was awesomely stupid.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I, too, think it's high time Regina came out of retirement and we get another Dino Crisis.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Where's my Onimusha reboot, Capcom?!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Okay, I could maybe see the PS2 being unable to handle them but there's no reason the Xbox couldn't handle them.

no one in japan owned an xbox

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Pomp posted:

Yet capcom refused to patch their online only expansion to their $200 game to work on western consoles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Dark Id posted:

They just released a half-assed Mega Man Legacy Collection on those platforms back last August.

What was half arsed about it? Afaik it's a 100% faithful emulation of MM 1-6 plus a bunch of NES Remix style challenges.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think that is what makes it half assed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pomp posted:

Does Japan even care about Resident Evil/Biohazard? I was under the impression it was a series that had fans in Japan but was mostly popular in the west. That and there were quite a few Japanese developers who developed exclusively for the Xbox in this period and some of them never even got localizations. I don't see why it couldn't have been multiplatform at the very least.

Crowetron posted:

Where's my Onimusha reboot, Capcom?!

This too. It'd need to be a reboot because I'd have no idea where they would even go after the events of Dawn of Souls.