Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

apowe posted:

It's possible that Doc didn't create the clone fetuses until the original boys were ~2. The clones age at the same rate as the original boys, but they got off to a late start, so to speak, so they're permanently a few years behind. So no matter how many times the boys die, the new clones are always a few years younger than the originals would have been, but that age gap doesn't increase with each subsequent death--it's locked at ~3 years.

(I used those numbers because I recall Myra saying something like the boys should be 19, not 16. So, 3 years, and subtract from that the 9 months it may have taken for the clone fetuses to reach "time of birth" maturity. The clone fetuses were possibly created when the boys were a bit over 2 years old.)

Doc also says he made the clones out of nail clippings, so that fits in with this idea.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_jIUmxGnY

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope they'll keep giving us little snippets of venture brothers over the next two years it takes to finish season 7.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Exactly what was in that leaked script page.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Listening to the second VB vinyl now :cool:

If only I could afford the first one :(

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Doc also says he made the clones out of nail clippings, so that fits in with this idea.

And if you wanna go full :tinfoil: ghost Henchman 24 says babies don't get souls until they're like 2 or something similar.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That was also all in 21's head.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

That was also all in 21's head.

But Dumbledore tells us that just because it's in someone's head, that doesn't mean it's not real.

And babies get their souls at either 6 mos. or 1 year. (Except for redheads. I think we all know why.)

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Pixelante posted:

And if you wanna go full :tinfoil: ghost Henchman 24 says babies don't get souls until they're like 2 or something similar.

and if you want to go full :goonsay: the clone slugs were still soulless until Doc uploaded Hank and Dean's memories to them. Orpheus found their souls residing in the memory computers, not the slugs.

edit: Oh unless you meant the originals didn't get their souls until then. That would be interesting, if the cloning process needed someone at least 2 years old for that very reason.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Every time I get an email from Amazon that they have a delivery date update on my order, I hope it's the order I have floating from 2014 for the VB artbook.

Currently inspired by Dragon Quest VIII, but I'm sure everyone here can relate.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Wasn't there supposed to be another episode in the works? Anyone know the details on that?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There's a whole season in the works.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be another episode in the works? Anyone know the details on that?

All that was said about this was a single page from a screenplay. Something that might not even be real, honestly; the only evidence that it's part of an actual script that's in development is that it was posted on Adult Swim's site.

Since AS has changed their boards so you can't follow individual shows anymore because it is way better to have just one board where all the top threads are things that you wouldn't find on even the most banal subreddit, there's no easy way to find out if anything is happening in Ventureland. Jackson hasn't updated Publick Nuisance since forever. I don't know if Doc has a blog or anything like that.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

There's a whole season in the works.*

*eta 2023 2025

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It'll be ready when it's ready

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dazerbeams posted:

Last I heard through the grapevine was that writing was done and animation was being worked on/sent to Korea. I do find it strange that Doc and Jackson haven't been announced for SDCC like normal. Only thing I can assume is they are knee deep in production and should have something for NYCC.

Of course they could have a surprise premiere like last year unannounced too.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Publick is on Twitter. He said no SDCC appearance, they're busy writing and don't have anything to sell. https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/751235727594229760

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
In the year 2525
If people still seek heaven
If the bread of life is still leaven
They can watch Venture Bros. Season 7

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you watch, do or hate
Will be referenced in Season 8

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
But without your eyes, you will pine
Because you won't be able to see Season 9

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your butt's on the couch in the den
As you await the premiere of Season 10

In the year 6565
Doctor Venture will divorce his wife
And all those loose threads from Season 7
Will be finally resolved in Season 11

In the year 7510
Doc 'n Jackson will get it done by then
And those cancellation rumors they'll shelve
When they start streaming Season 12

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty head then
He'll either say I'm pleased what man has seen
Or tear it down and start Season 13

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if Dean is gonna be alive
He's learned all the supersience he could glean
You'll laugh about it all in Season 14

Now it's been 10,000 years
Fans have cried a billion tears
For what we never knew
There's no Season 15; they didn't renew

But through eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I sang all those lyrics.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

tarlibone posted:

In the year 2525
If people still seek heaven
If the bread of life is still leaven
They can watch Venture Bros. Season 7

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you watch, do or hate
Will be referenced in Season 8

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
But without your eyes, you will pine
Because you won't be able to see Season 9

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your butt's on the couch in the den
As you await the premiere of Season 10

In the year 6565
Doctor Venture will divorce his wife
And all those loose threads from Season 7
Will be finally resolved in Season 11

In the year 7510
Doc 'n Jackson will get it done by then
And those cancellation rumors they'll shelve
When they start streaming Season 12

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty head then
He'll either say I'm pleased what man has seen
Or tear it down and start Season 13

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if Dean is gonna be alive
He's learned all the supersience he could glean
You'll laugh about it all in Season 14

Now it's been 10,000 years
Fans have cried a billion tears
For what we never knew
There's no Season 15; they didn't renew

But through eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday

:golfclap:

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
I went back and watched the Futurama episode that did its own parody of that song because of that song.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ApathyGifted posted:

I went back and watched the Futurama episode that did its own parody of that song because of that song.

The late Philip J Fry is the best episode of the rebooted series by far.

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003
What else have you all been watching after Season 6 ended? I was surprised to find myself enjoying Mike Tyson Mysteries more than either of the last two Venture Bros seasons.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Siamang posted:

What else have you all been watching after Season 6 ended? I was surprised to find myself enjoying Mike Tyson Mysteries more than either of the last two Venture Bros seasons.
I've been watching this too. I...disagree, but it's good.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Siamang posted:

Archer.

edit: For the record, I too disagree, vehemently, but I respect your right to a wrong opinion ;)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Steven Universe and Bob's Burgers, because I love shows about unusual families.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Siamang posted:

Its passably okay as cartoons starring rapists go

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

If you like shows about failure, Bojack Horseman has you covered

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

Christmas Present posted:

True, I guess that's why no one talks about it. Archer was fun and I'm looking forward to the new season of Bojack Horseman.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, this is why I've never given it a shot. Before it premiered I was at a sketch comedy show at UCB and a performer came out as Mike Tyson and did a powerpoint presentation on how to reform your image in the public's eye and have them forget that you were a horrible rear end in a top hat who raped a woman. It walked step-by-step through his journey from the rape all the way to Mike Tyson Mysteries. It was pretty devastating.

I love Scooby Doo and the tone seems really fun, but I just can't bring myself to watch it now. I try the whole separating the art from the artist thing in my mind, but this isn't Woody Allen or Sean Penn creating works that can be viewed separate from their personas, it's taking a rapist and making his public persona into a fun goofy wacky kids-style cartoon.

e: oh snap, it's online.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 19, 2016

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, this is why I've never given it a shot. Before it premiered I was at a sketch comedy show at UCB and a performer came out as Mike Tyson and did a powerpoint presentation on how to reform your image in the public's eye and have them forget that you were a horrible rear end in a top hat who raped a woman. It walked step-by-step through his journey from the rape all the way to Mike Tyson Mysteries. It was pretty devastating.

I love Scooby Doo and the tone seems really fun, but I just can't bring myself to watch it now. I try the whole separating the art from the artist thing in my mind, but this isn't Woody Allen or Sean Penn creating works that can be viewed separate from their personas, it's taking a rapist and making his public persona into a fun goofy wacky kids-style cartoon.

e: oh snap, it's online.

I guess the show is my oiled garbage bag. :(

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Siamang posted:

I guess the show is my oiled garbage bag. :(

I didn't understand the question!!!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEQBJzAiiA4

the rest of the series is behind a paywall but there's a 30day free trial.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Comrade Quack posted:

Publick is on Twitter. He said no SDCC appearance, they're busy writing and don't have anything to sell. https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/751235727594229760

So they're just writing drat I thought they already had enough material for another season and they'd be on animating/voice overs by now. I set my expectations too high for this show why did I think this time would be different. :( :(

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

6-year plan man posted:

So they're just writing drat I thought they already had enough material for another season and they'd be on animating/voice overs by now. I set my expectations too high for this show why did I think this time would be different. :( :(

Oh sweet summer child :allears:

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Sweet Mike Tyson's Punch-out avatar!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

6-year plan man posted:

I find it best to just assume the series got cancelled after every season and forget about the show until a new season drops.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So I was buying new curtains for the front of the house and I'm talking to the saleslady about getting net curtains for privacy and she says, "Oh we have a wonderful line of voile blinds you can choose from if you don't mind paying a bit more."

So, thanks to Escape To the House of Mummies Part 2, I'm now paying an extra $100 for voile curtains in a joke nobody I ever invite over will ever get and I'm far too embarrassed to explain.

They do look very nice, though.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

So I was buying new curtains for the front of the house and I'm talking to the saleslady about getting net curtains for privacy and she says, "Oh we have a wonderful line of voile blinds you can choose from if you don't mind paying a bit more."

So, thanks to Escape To the House of Mummies Part 2, I'm now paying an extra $100 for voile curtains in a joke nobody I ever invite over will ever get and I'm far too embarrassed to explain.

I put wusthof knives on my wedding registry because of Venture Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Believers these days. :rolleyes: