Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Herux posted:

HAHAHAHA I screwed that right up! SORRY EVERYONE!

518,915,230 and just let me know who you are so i can make room for you. Inkel was obvious. Is anyone hngkong?

Hi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
If anyone is dialing back playing this, join a few us playing Light: Fellowship of Loux. Thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779892

It's by the same guys as summoner wars and it's scratching the itch for me so far!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Roid666 posted:

If anyone is dialing back playing this, join a few us playing Light: Fellowship of Loux. Thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779892

It's by the same guys as summoner wars and it's scratching the itch for me so far!

I am curious in general, actually. What genre of game is this? I really like the concept of this, and I know of three so far: This, FF BX and the Marvel one. What others are there and which one seems to be the 'best'?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

com2us games have generally been pretty fun for me, i actually really liked summoners war except the grinding to star up your dudes was a bit on the ridiculous side. like 8 rl hours in a day bad.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Considering how much it costs to upgrade mods now, I'm not even going to farm them anymore. I can't keep up with the ones we get from raids, and those are better anyway.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Davethulhu posted:

Considering how much it costs to upgrade mods now, I'm not even going to farm them anymore. I can't keep up with the ones we get from raids, and those are better anyway.

Correct. All the tables/mod challenges are pointless to do.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

what raid drops mods? GGA still doing t5 i think.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Herux posted:

what raid drops mods? GGA still doing t5 i think.

Starting at T6, you should start getting 6* mods. A full set of trash mods should at least double the power of a character, so you shouldn't be stuck at T5 for long.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah I do three or four times as much damage in the raid now. Although GGA has lost our resident whale, rip Natedogg.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What are the best mods for Pikachu?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

What are the best mods for Pikachu?

Critical avoidance and Protection in the form of a loving trainer.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah I do three or four times as much damage in the raid now. Although GGA has lost our resident whale, rip Natedogg.

RIP nate forever missed but now I can sometimes get #1 dmg on raids so very bittersweet.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

CG Dev posted:

Rancor Tenacity was not correctly adjusted to account for the Potency changes--this should be corrected very soon. Sorry, folks.

:cawg:

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I also play that silly FFBE game, my Chirisu should be maxed level soon, friend code is 078-408-227. I will try to add the posts from the last few pages.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Thank god for this update, I'm way less confused now: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55612/upcoming-updates#latest

quote:

Hello –
We will be releasing three separate updates in the near term. Once we have finished the series of updates, we will post more detailed update notes.
We are taking this approach because there are often players confused about what’s available or not when we need to do these staged releases.
Stay tuned…

Apparently the update today removed mods from raid rewards.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Thank god for this update, I'm way less confused now: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55612/upcoming-updates#latest

Apparently the update today removed mods from raid rewards.

Ha! These loving guys.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
So if they make it nearly impossible to get mods now that they realized how big of a gently caress up they made, aren't there going to be a bunch of people who already farmed/upgraded/whaled mods that are loving unstoppable for the foreseeable future?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

So if they make it nearly impossible to get mods now that they realized how big of a gently caress up they made, aren't there going to be a bunch of people who already farmed/upgraded/whaled mods that are loving unstoppable for the foreseeable future?

Working as intended.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

lovely Wizard posted:

Yes, and they did the same thing when they added raids to the game. Before raids, every piece of gear could be farmed from the main campaign nodes. When they announced they were adding raids, they also announced that they were changing certain gear to require pieces exclusive to the raid rewards. A lot of people 'precrafted' a bunch of these components before they made the change so they had a huge step up on everyone else. Due to the speed at which you gain gear from raids (nonexistantly), people who crafted multiple of these hard to get pieces were able to sit at the top of arena getting even more rewards (higher payouts) due to this.

Surprise surprise, they make the same mistake with mods. I could never break top 50 on my shard, and the only thing keeping me in the top 100 was being able to snipe certain players. I always dropped ~50+ spots every night. I 'precrafted' a ton of tier 5 mods and now I just placed #18 and was goomba stomping teams 6k ahead of me in power because my team is actually much stronger due to mods.

Its gonna gently caress everything up, especially when they start throwing mod teams at people in GW. Its already hitting some players and it makes it impossible to finish.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

SW:GOH chat.

Finally got another Furnace, not sure who to put it on... https://swgoh.gg/u/hughlander/collection/gear-needed/

Character Gear Level
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 10
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 10
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 10
ReyRey 9
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 9
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 9
IG-88IG-88 9
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 9
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 9
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 9
Count DookuCount Dooku 8
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 8
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 8
Luminara UnduliLuminara Unduli 8
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 8
IG-88IG-88 8
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 8
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 8
HK-47HK-47 8
Asajj VentressAsajj Ventress 8
Captain PhasmaCaptain Phasma 8
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 8

Rey would hit G10, Leia would hit G9, those seem obvious choices... Dooku and Daaka would also go to G9 and I swap those around on Arena a lot. All the droids would hit G9. Guh!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hughlander posted:

SW:GOH chat.

Finally got another Furnace, not sure who to put it on... https://swgoh.gg/u/hughlander/collection/gear-needed/

Character Gear Level
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 10
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 10
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 10
ReyRey 9
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 9
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 9
IG-88IG-88 9
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 9
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 9
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 9
Count DookuCount Dooku 8
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 8
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 8
Luminara UnduliLuminara Unduli 8
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 8
IG-88IG-88 8
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 8
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 8
HK-47HK-47 8
Asajj VentressAsajj Ventress 8
Captain PhasmaCaptain Phasma 8
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 8

Rey would hit G10, Leia would hit G9, those seem obvious choices... Dooku and Daaka would also go to G9 and I swap those around on Arena a lot. All the droids would hit G9. Guh!

Rey duh

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu posted:

:nallears:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lovely Wizard posted:

Thanks to how busted rank 15 tier 5 mods are, I went from having trouble cracking top 200 on my old as gently caress shard to easily sitting at 107 all day today. I am the only sub 80 that I have seen since rank 250 or so but apparently nobody can beat my lower level squad because my Rey/Leia are busted and my ST Han is only partially beefed up.

So. Yes.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

As someone who quit right before mods were introduced, it's difficult to explain how entertaining it is to check back in on this thread

A lot of this is just tough to believe but apparently very real

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

thechalkoutline posted:

As someone who quit right before mods were introduced, it's difficult to explain how entertaining it is to check back in on this thread

A lot of this is just tough to believe but apparently very real

This is arena now

(my 34k team vs 39k opponent, I won because I stunned his rey and my rey killed all of his ppl)

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

So not only are they removing mods from raids, they're downgrading the ones you already have. Any six or seven pip mods you got from raid rewards are now five, and also gently caress you.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I have mixed feelings on this. Having missed out on getting the t6 mods from our raid I was pretty pissed off that they got yanked, so taking them away a leviathan that a bit. On the other hand it is yet another big gently caress you to their player base, how many times can one developer do that and stay in business?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Mods were just nerfed hard.

Whatever, how about a refund of the bazillion credits and energy I wasted on them?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Jibo posted:

Whatever, how about a refund of the bazillion credits and energy I wasted on them?

Apparently they're not only getting downgraded, but they're changing primary stats too according to some reddit posts.

Either they were taking a massive loss of money compared to normal, or that weird rumor about google play nearly removing them from the store over mass refunds was legit.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't understand the rush to drop huge patches without warning. Why not engage the community and advertise upcoming changes?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

I don't understand the rush to drop huge patches without warning. Why not engage the community and advertise upcoming changes?

their game was imploding.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

cowofwar posted:

They did engage the community. They said "Quit complaining about everything on the official forums or we'll ban you. Also, we are going to roll out three updates and not tell you what any of them are for. Also, everything was exactly working as intended, but now it's not."

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Jibo posted:

Can I interest you in 10 Jedi Consular shards as compensation?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I meant the mods patch not the unfuck the hosed up mods patches.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

cowofwar posted:

I meant the mods patch not the unfuck the hosed up mods patches.

Because the developers are actively hostile to the players? Example: Banning anyone who complains about anything on their forums.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

So mods are all % based now? That seems vaguely more balanced, but why not just remove them altogether?

This doesn't hurt the Whales that probably have Tier 7 mods, though. Just F2P people who got the Tier 6 via raiding. A stern "no those aren't for you" from the dev.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if tier 6 or 7 mods exist at all now they're probably garbage. i see very little difference between tier 1 and 5 at the moment

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

if tier 6 or 7 mods exist at all now they're probably garbage. i see very little difference between tier 1 and 5 at the moment

Which is probably how it should've been. Quite the turn around. Now, where are my apology Ugnaught shards.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Mods seem fairly ok after the nerf. Haven't seen anything massively unbalanced.

So Uhh I guess ok for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

T6 and t7 don't exist any more for anyone, but the difference between t1 and t5 is still significant a level 15 t1 gives 7.5% protection, while a level 15 t5 has 23.5%.