Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Healthy young child goes to mspaintadventures.com, gets pumped with massive shot of many fantrolls, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
THE CONDESCE. SHOULD BE BE DISQUALIFIED. FROM HER FRAUDULENT TAKEOVER OF DERSE. WEAK SBURB RULES. AND A BUNCH OF LOSER KIDS. PROBABLY WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. SAD!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

bro???

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Trump sighed as he drew his katana.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

We're gonna make an epilogue, and Ryan North will pay for it.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Toxxupation posted:

And you honestly wonder why people label you a delusional white knight.

Say what you will, I'm still not writing you that "Why Homestuck is Actually Bad" essay.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
There's already plenty of words devoted to why Homestuck is bad right over here.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Plom Bar posted:

Only people who hate Homestuck may post in the Homestuck thread. Only We can truly enjoy revisionist and goon-insert fanfiction. Only We may write essays about this thing we hate three months after it's over. Begone, foul Liker of Things.

:yeah:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Homestuck was cool and fun and I enjoyed reading it

ur move, nerds. :c00lbutt:

I'm sorry I just wanted an excuse to post that smiley

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah it had its moments

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It spent some time being good, and a bit less time being bad, but most of its time was spent not being anything.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bongo Bill posted:

It spent some time being good, and a bit less time being bad, but most of its time was spent not being anything.

You mean outside of the hiatuses, right

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Homestuck has a rough but promising start, an excellent middle, and a disappointing finish.

Edit: I know almost everyone is sick of complaints about Act 7, but I just read something about it and NGE that I really agree with:

"The end of the Evangelion tv series was coherent and meaningful, but not literal. Act 7 was literal, but not meaningful or coherent."

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 13, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Homestuck has a rough but promising start, an excellent middle, and a disappointing finish.

Edit: I know almost everyone is sick of complaints about Act 7, but I just read something about it and NGE that I really agree with:

"The end of the Evangelion tv series was coherent and meaningful, but not literal. Act 7 was literal, but not meaningful or coherent."

You're right, Act 7 is Every NGE movie.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're right, Act 7 is Every NGE movie.

Aw geez I have to disagree with you on that. I love the rebuild movies, especially "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo" Where it's revealed that the movies are not actually a retelling of the tv series, but rather a sort of weird time loop that takes place after End of Evangelion except something went horribly wrong and things are even worse now. I really do think the end of the rebuild 2.0 movie and the entirety of the rebuild 3.0 movie are some of the greatest things the Evangelion series has ever done (although I know a lot of people would disagree with me on that).

I'm really excited to see how things wrap up in rebuild 4.0! If it ever gets made that is....

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Rebuild 3.0 is pretty great, yeah.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

A friend showed me an Evangelion movie some years ago, might have been Rebuild 1.

It's the one where they fight the angry geometry.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

That did happen, right?

I don't think I imagined that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ThaumPenguin posted:

That did happen, right?

I don't think I imagined that.

Yeah, that actually happened: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CgYIimWk6YY

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Yep.

That's geometry.

Thanks for the link.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
So I just watched The Visit and 1) I'm 99% sure that M. Night Shyamalan read Homestuck and 2) he wrapped up character arcs for Dave and Rose better than Hussie ever will.

It was weirdly cathartic and less lovely than most recent Shyamalan movies, so I recommend watching it if you get the chance.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yep.

That's geometry.

Thanks for the link.

Hold on, I found a better clip with even more geometry: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSO4lUpCtzs

Esme posted:

So I just watched The Visit and 1) I'm 99% sure that M. Night Shyamalan read Homestuck and 2) he wrapped up character arcs for Dave and Rose better than Hussie ever will.

It was weirdly cathartic and less lovely than most recent Shyamalan movies, so I recommend watching it if you get the chance.

I already have seen The Visit (and you're right, it's a pretty good/silly horror movie and I don't regret watching it, although it would have been better if it weren't shot found footage style), but I don't remember any characters named Rose or Dave. Could you explain a little more what you mean?

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

I already have seen The Visit (and you're right, it's a pretty good/silly horror movie and I don't regret watching it, although it would have been better if it weren't shot found footage style), but I don't remember any characters named Rose or Dave. Could you explain a little more what you mean?

Haha, okay I was definitely exaggerating, but somehow the serious preteen girl who hides her insecurity behind pretentious long words and hobbies, and the preteen boy who hides his crippling neuroses behind offensively bad raps reminded me of those characters strongly. But, like, more accurate for the ages they're supposed to be.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

That Angel's a poly-goner

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Esme posted:

Haha, okay I was definitely exaggerating, but somehow the serious preteen girl who hides her insecurity behind pretentious long words and hobbies, and the preteen boy who hides his crippling neuroses behind offensively bad raps reminded me of those characters strongly. But, like, more accurate for the ages they're supposed to be.

Huh, I didn't notice it at the time but now that I think about it you're right. They also have a fun loving but irresronsible mother and a douchey father which kind of fits for Roxy and Dirk although it's a little more of a stretch.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
why are you guys still here being mad about homestuck

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
why would we ever stop? :shrug:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Farg posted:

because i've been taking a break from futastuck for a lil while so people return to their own devices

don't worry though, im gonna try to get back to it over the weekend

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Farg posted:

No one's really mad it this point. We've all come to terms with Act 7 in our own ways, now we're just killing time until the game comes out.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

No one's really mad it this point. We've all come to terms with Act 7 in our own ways, now we're just killing time until the game comes out.

Is it even possible to kill all of time?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

Maybe? That might have been what alt-Calliope did, I mean no one can really prove that it isn't so it might as well be true.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i think i had been subconsciously blocking out all reference to the garbage fire of a set piece that was calliope

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WAR FOOT posted:

Oh come now

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

No one's really mad it this point.

Lmao

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The first episode of the four(?) part game will come out in a reasonable time frame. The rest, as well as the epilogue, will be released sometime around the time of The Winds of Winter and Barkley 2.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

each new part will require a new kickstarter, and a new hiatus

e: several hiatuses? hiatii?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Okay maybe some people are mad, but I'm not. In fact I never was.

I just love bitching about poorly constructed media.

Torgover posted:

The first episode of the four(?) part game will come out in a reasonable time frame. The rest, as well as the epilogue, will be released sometime around the time of The Winds of Winter and Barkley 2.

Which will come first: the epilogue, the game, or the heat death of the universe?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Okay maybe some people are mad, but I'm not. In fact I never was.

I just love bitching about poorly constructed media.

whoa whoa whoa WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

you cant post that you dislike a thing on something awful!!!!!!!! that means that you are so enraged you cant see straight!!!!!!!! why cant you just calm down????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

whoa whoa whoa WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

you cant post that you dislike a thing on something awful!!!!!!!! that means that you are so enraged you cant see straight!!!!!!!! why cant you just calm down????????

It's true. I'm literally so angry right now that my hair has burst into flames. I'm roasting marshmallows on my skull as we speak.