Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek posted:

One thing that always buggers me in multiplayer game are that I have no choice but to see other people's behavior, I find it quite bothersome to see characters sprinting, jumping and running everywhere. In real life, out of vehicles and unless we're late or want to do sport we all walk to go somewhere, no matter the distance.

I fully agree. Nothing will break my immersion more than the actions of other players in space stations. I'm hoping that the NPC slider can limit this interaction somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

WebDog posted:

Ben's character was formed in a complex mix of being coddled to hell due to his early illnesses to the point where he's simply not been able to really take responsibility for his own actions. Especially when your social life is online and people love your witty racist humour and support you in this bubble removed from reality.

It only got worse as the WC fandom diminished leaving only the die-hards left to bicker about worn out facts as Ben bullied his way into staying the top dog, eschewing immaturity for any real sense of order. Notably the Eagle-1 situation where a much admired forum father figure, who even rang up Ben to support him during eye surgery, left because he dare run a competing fan channel that wasn't full of dick jokes. Sadly when he died of a heart attack he was given a morose obituary while Ben admitted in private he was glad the guy was gone and really cemented himself as being an utter rear end in a top hat.

Before SC his life was working as some IT Admin at a high school with running WCNews as his obsession as that and collecting misc WC crap was the only thing that brought his miserable life any actual pleasure.

When Roberts decides to hire him it validates an unhealthy obsession into something fierce. Critically it relocated him from somewhere that he was reminded to eat well and perhaps walk around into a place filled with instant snacks. I get the feeling a ton of food was ordered to his desk he never had to walk very far anymore.
Compulsive snacking while on the computer is frighteningly easy to drop into as it breaks up the monotony of repetitive tasks. If you're depressed sugary crap is a jolt to the dopamine supply - a toxic combination if not checked.

Not to mention being a fly on the wall no doubt the stress of shits hitting many fans over and over again isn't helping

The tragedy is his blind devotion to the cause has literally killed him If not he's a year or so away of dropping dead of a heart attack during a live stream from trying to get off the couch. It's a horrible image for a company to project.

I suspect they wanted to get rid of him many times but the twist with a crowd-funded campaign is that instead of having a PR person who goofs up and gets quietly replaced from the company twitter you have a public face who if replaced runs the risk of the backers revolting. Keeping him around has been a PR headache.

I guess the tragedy is that it took a health incident to get him out of the company for a short amount of time. Sadly I don't think he'll improve much as this will kick his misery into high gear and he'll get back to stress munching and loafing around on the couch to "rest" while his wife waits hand on foot for him doing nothing to help the cause out of fear of upsetting him.

:drat:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Roberts the White

You think yourself wise, Smartrandir.
And yet for all your subtleties you have not wisdom.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I love these kinds of threads.

What if we walked?
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/336924/everyone-sprinting-everywhere-what-if-we-walked

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

quote:

One thing that always buggers me in multiplayer game are that I have no choice but to see other people's behavior

The biggest problem with multiplayer is the fact it forces me to exist with people who aren't me.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4tacpg/the_community_and_star_citizen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ta4a3/well_that_escalated_quickly/

the sub is littered with these types of meta threads right now. Lot of confused lashing out, alot of guilt and self-condemnation, alot of questions about what the community actually stands for. The threads that aren't about streetroller or how to deal with trolls get no traffic. The media content is too paltry to chew over to get through the week. There is no manna from heaven coming from Chris. An ideological breakdown is happening in real time.

Sorry for threatening to kill your family and force you to eat your pets, streetroller. It was a necessary part of the goon false flag operation to I need a platinum account to write this message

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Decrepus posted:

Sun Tzu has some vague but interesting things to say about this

Mercy...

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

:lol: the wank pod is actually a hotel room? Or has that commando just RPed to hard?

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Lazrin posted:

let me guess... if they had a prime location in a massive booth, then *that* would be the problem, right? wasting backer dollars and all.
It'd be fine if they had a display worthy of a prime location - like an earth-shattering demo that would make everyone forget about Infinite Warfare. That'd be a wise use of money actually.

But what's happened instead is that Infinite Warfare has chased CIG away from being able to demonstrate space FPS. Since Elite: Dangerous has already taken control of the spaceship exploration side, CIG gets to hide in a corner. And still under-perform.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Ben status update,

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/754732500342050816

Look at discos twitter background image though, it looks, suspicious.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

ewe2 posted:

Shouts to spatial for starting this thing, this is for my homie daztek

A parody of a much-beloved song by Chamillionare this time!

* lyrics
* disclaimer: i am no rapper, this took ages and i sound like whitey
* weird al's version is amazing, the sounds are perfect
* PARP
* contains references to cattes and dancing, beware.

Haha, this is great.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

Ben status update,

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/754732500342050816

Look at discos twitter background image though, it looks, suspicious.

At least that's just Ben. I'm sure Lando's alright, sound in mind and body.
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/754747932578983936

Oh.

Wrecked Angle posted:

For gently caress sake could you at least make a drat post without having to bring GOD up at every opportunity. Some of don't believe in fairytales you know and if you could keep your CHRISTIAN PRIVILEGE out of this thread for a change and give us all a break! It's bad enough having GOD written on our banknotes and in our courtrooms without it being plastered all over somethingawful.dot.com forums as well. Keep you're beleifdds to you'reself!

The atheist/shitizen crossover is kinda weird when you consider only a literal miracle will see the game they want released in their lifetimes.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It'd be kinda funny if a bunch of poo poo that was in "the pipeline" coincidentally is finished up while Ben is in the hospital and Sandi decides that Ben was the one slowing things up.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Suck my dick you FUDman!

What does FUD even mean?

Fear, uncertainty, debt.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ok seriously how loving fat is this guy now, I gotta know.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Ben Lesnick, medical bill Developer

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

So he does care what Derek Smart thinks.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

So he does care what Derek Smart thinks.

i dont care, I don't care. Hey. Hey you, I don't care what you think.

HEY. HEY YOU. I don't care what you think.

I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

HEY COME BACK HERE, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Ok seriously how loving fat is this guy now, I gotta know.

I did an extrapolation a while ago, based on using a photo of him standing in 'tight' clothes. I can't remember the numbers accurately, but this is a really good gauge:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

If you consider he's about 6'4", he's at least 510lb based on that chart. I believe I calculated him something like 600lb, but that was ages ago, and I'm not trawling my oldposts.

[edit]

hosed up my numbers. gently caress imperial.

[edit 2]

Context:

6'4", 510lb, visually slimmer than Lesnick.

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/604-520.html

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 17, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
"I-it's not like I care what Derek-Senpai thinks, you baka!"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Notably, nothing in this list is a game.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I seem to recall that people have indeed sued various Red Cross organisations because of how they used their funds…

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wrecked Angle posted:

For gently caress sake could you at least make a drat post without having to bring GOD up at every opportunity. Some of don't believe in fairytales you know and if you could keep your CHRISTIAN PRIVILEGE out of this thread for a change and give us all a break! It's bad enough having GOD written on our banknotes and in our courtrooms without it being plastered all over somethingawful.dot.com forums as well. Keep you're beleifdds to you'reself!

Nice meltdown

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Xaerael posted:

I did an extrapolation a while ago, based on using a photo of him standing in 'tight' clothes. I can't remember the numbers accurately, but this is a really good gauge:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

If you consider he's about 6'4", he's at least 510lb based on that chart. I believe I calculated him something like 600lb, but that was ages ago, and I'm not trawling my oldposts.

[edit]

hosed up my numbers. gently caress imperial.

[edit 2]

Context:

6'4", 510lb, visually slimmer than Lesnick.

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/604-520.html

About my guess is that as well. Guess it would be a social faux pas to send pizza and fries in.

Congrats backers, you are culpable to killing him with sending him poo poo.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mirificus posted:

wesha is a bad person

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm the 3.5 years of jump point magazine

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Google Butt posted:

wesha is a bad person

his disintegration is a joy to behold

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I feel bad for Ben. He's not a good person by any stretch, but it seems horrible to wish harm on a broken guy like him. Following his dream is killing him.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Mods, please rename me to WTF is that, where are my lobsters??!!!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TerraGoetia posted:

I feel bad for Ben. He's not a good person by any stretch, but it seems horrible to wish harm on a broken guy like him. Following his dream is killing him.
That's what happens when your dream is loving stupid.

"Chris Roberts stopped responding to my mail:~( #9546"

"Oh, yeah, uhm, hehe, I... err... yeah. #16102"

"Random sniping is actually pretty great... it's like a big snow day, except stores stay open. There's like nobody at the mall and stuff. And there's probably less of a risk of dying than if you drive around when it's all icy. #19088"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MilesK posted:

Someone should ask Gwar if they've ever been to the 4th stimpire.
Of course they have! ... the Fourth Stimpire has heroin, right?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Colostomy Bag posted:

About my guess is that as well. Guess it would be a social faux pas to send pizza and fries in.

I've just heard Sandi is on her way over with 3 dozen 'Get Well Soon' iced donuts and an Extra-large milkshake.

Darkpriest667 posted:

Nice meltdown

Thanks, bless you.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wesha, Russian immigrant, furry, starts with 500$ and becomes a millionaire out of sheer willpower.

Never heard that Russian poo poo pile saying though, sounds like a pile of... well, you know.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mirificus posted:

Lol, over 2000 hours of videos and 0 hours of gameplay.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wrecked Angle posted:

I've just heard Sandi is on her way over with 3 dozen 'Get Well Soon' iced donuts and an Extra-large milkshake.

Thanks, bless you.

WHY ARE YOU BRINGING RELIGION INTO THIS YOU rear end in a top hat!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Darkpriest667 posted:

WHY ARE YOU BRINGING RELIGION INTO THIS YOU rear end in a top hat!

I can only ever fully agree with someone if they share the same spirit animal as me.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can only ever fully agree with someone if they share the same spirit animal as me.
In this brave new world of people pledging their allegience to megacorps, I can finally be honest with myself and publicly admit - yes, I'm a dog shaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wrecked Angle posted:

Regardless of his health, fascinating how they spun it as the flu Friday. It will be interesting how CIG handles this one.

For those not in the states...(and let's not do the whole health insurance poo poo here, is what it is)

Ben's visit is going to be around $75K out of CIG pockets if he is in there a few days. There is a line item on the income and expenses titled "Group Insurance". And it is brutal.

Can CIG terminate Ben? Certainly. How this is normally accomplished is by terminating the position, not the person. Doing so they are on the hook for unemployment costs. Or they could do a severance package to launch him off. Either way is a financial hit and he can still get COBRA coverage.

So what should Ben do? FMLA paperwork, especially Intermediate leave. Would somewhat protect himself and stall the entire process. After that, he could call himself probably around 75% disabled and collect benefits after a lot of legwork.

• Locked thread