Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Somehow this Playmate having a gig there and only there solidifies that point.

Not anymore lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

an extra dollop of 'freude is while that guy was mucking about throwing pokemon balls, the guy he knocked out's skull was basically caved in :stare:
http://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/mma-fighter-suffers-fractured-skull-after-catching-flying-knee-in-ko-loss/

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They wear padding on their knuckles, Why not on their knees so you dont cave in skulls?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Because the padding is to protect the hands, not the skulls. Gloves make punches worse for the person being hit, not better.

If you're serious about protecting the head, then they need to wear headgear.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

Because the padding is to protect the hands, not the skulls. Gloves make punches worse for the person being hit, not better.

Old school bare knuckle Marquess rules were better.

Hell football was better before they all started wearing loving body armor.

At least it showed the audience what was actually happening instead of just grinding the sports mans brains into the dirt.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

flosofl posted:

One argument is that headgear is more likely to cause CTE since it is repeated subconcussive impacts that cause the buildup of Tau protein that is so dangerous in ex-NFL players. Obviously getting hit so hard you start fizzing isn't good, but overall UFC (Pride and others are a whole 'nother animal) fighters might sustain less brain damage that way.

This could all be terrible bro science, I'm just parroting the line I heard.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If dude wanted a decent Machamp, he should have thrown the ball at himself, not the loser.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Here's what the result looked like, btw:

edit: gently caress, beaten

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Holy gently caress :stare:

They can rebuild him. They have the technology. They can make him... cyborg Cyborg :downsrim:

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 00:38 on Jul 18, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm in the hospital because while eating my first bite of a hotdog, a bit of it fell down my food pipe. Said food pipe decided to clamp down on that nugget of food, so there's a good chance I'll have to be knocked out and be fished around inside.

Double freude points for this same thing happening maybe four years ago. Same food, same effect, same possible result.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

wayfinder posted:

Jesus Christ.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

You Are A Elf posted:

Holy gently caress :stare:

They can rebuild him. They have the technology. They can make him... cyborg Cyborg :downsrim:

I chortled.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

MisterBibs posted:

I'm in the hospital because while eating my first bite of a hotdog, a bit of it fell down my food pipe. Said food pipe decided to clamp down on that nugget of food, so there's a good chance I'll have to be knocked out and be fished around inside.

Double freude points for this same thing happening maybe four years ago. Same food, same effect, same possible result.

Do you have a faulty epiglottis? :ohdear: Food in the windpipe sucks. Sucks that it happened on the first bite, too. Didn't even get to enjoy your hotdog. :(

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wayfinder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZEmFT6VxSw&t=47s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Old school bare knuckle Marquess rules were better.

Hell football was better before they all started wearing loving body armor.

At least it showed the audience what was actually happening instead of just grinding the sports mans brains into the dirt.

yeah football was way better when people were dying almost every game

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

wayfinder posted:

Jesus christ that is horrifying. This is why i can't bring myself to watch punchsports

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

wayfinder posted:

Whoa. That is, just..drat. Not exactly life-threateningly bad but dude, his loving head is loving caved in :cry:.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

wayfinder posted:

I like you just the way you are.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

I like how they reposted section of Plinket's review and gave no credit to the original.

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Jul 18, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I remember reading a Thor comic where he head butted the Silver Surfer so hard he dented his skull, and I laughed that off like "Hahahaha that can't happen, silly comics."

Welp, looks like I was wrong.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

I've heard that's relatively common with hotdogs. :(

But not common enough to not eat a good one. (It was a good one, right? I mean, we'll all have to laugh at you if you hospitalized yourself over an Oscar Myer or Ball Park.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alaois posted:

I mean, now they just have a delayed death later on because all the head injuries eventually cause them to fall over and die for no apparent reason or go insane and commit a murder-suicide.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Random Stranger posted:

Now I have a vision of a hot dog cart. A man in a suit with a newspaper tucked under his arm puts down the squeeze-bottle of mustard, and takes a bite of his hot dog. Turning away from the cart, he steps over the corpses of previous customers which litter the area around the hot dog vendor. The man takes another bite, and begins to chew. Two steps later, he drops the hot dog and clutches at his throat. Gesticulating wildly, the man goes down onto one knee, his face turning red, then purple. The hot dog vendor stoically ignores the dying man in the suit, and hands a hot dog to a woman in a red dress. The man in the suit succumbs, and falls dead, another corpse on the pile; another sacrifice to tastiness. The man's newspaper flutters to the ground next to his head.

As the hot dog vendor reaches into his cart to serve another customer, we see the woman in the red dress suddenly stop. A moment later, we see panic and horror take over her features, as her hands clutch involuntarily at her throat. She tries to scream, but her wind pipe is full of synthetic intestines and ground hog snouts. The new customer smiles a friendly thanks at the hot dog vendor as she hands over her money and receives a bun containing her fate. The vendor never looks up. With a bun in one hand, and tongs in the other, he reaches into the cart as another customer steps forward.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Centripetal Horse posted:

Now I have a vision of a hot dog cart. A man in a suit with a newspaper tucked under his arm puts down the squeeze-bottle of mustard, and takes a bite of his hot dog. Turning away from the cart, he steps over the corpses of previous customers which litter the area around the hot dog vendor. The man takes another bite, and begins to chew. Two steps later, he drops the hot dog and clutches at his throat. Gesticulating wildly, the man goes down onto one knee, his face turning red, then purple. The hot dog vendor stoically ignores the dying man in the suit, and hands a hot dog to a woman in a red dress. The man in the suit succumbs, and falls dead, another corpse on the pile; another sacrifice to tastiness. The man's newspaper flutters to the ground next to his head.

As the hot dog vendor reaches into his cart to serve another customer, we see the woman in the red dress suddenly stop. A moment later, we see panic and horror take over her features, as her hands clutch involuntarily at her throat. She tries to scream, but her wind pipe is full of synthetic intestines and ground hog snouts. The new customer smiles a friendly thanks at the hot dog vendor as she hands over her money and receives a bun containing her fate. The vendor never looks up. With a bun in one hand, and tongs in the other, he reaches into the cart as another customer steps forward.

This belongs in a museum.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

wayfinder posted:

So there is apparently a Go-fund me set up to help out with this dudes medical bills. I don't get it. He was injured in a professional sports league match, do they not have loving insurance to cover injuries during the matches?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The Locator posted:

So there is apparently a Go-fund me set up to help out with this dudes medical bills. I don't get it. He was injured in a professional sports league match, do they not have loving insurance to cover injuries during the matches?

I would not be surprised in the least if the league's insurance coverage is essentially "lol you're on your own for it".

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Bellator is going to pay the bills.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

cnut posted:

Pokepurge averted:

A nice little bit of shaden from the Facebook GBS thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jesus loving christ. "People are playing a popular mobile game, so I'm gonna go shoot them with paintballs for it"? :psyduck:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

Every sport would be.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Jesus loving christ. "People are playing a popular mobile game, so I'm gonna go shoot them with paintballs for it"? :psyduck:

Jesus loving Christ. " Some dumbass is planning on shooting people with a paint gun, better charge him with being a terrorist".

Guy's a dipshit but seriously, that's what you're going to charge him with? Not attempted assault or something that fits the crime? Yeah sure he's technically terrorizing people but I don't think that's what it's for.

It's like everyone involved just wants to crank that escalation dial to 11.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think that's because he specified 'modified' paintball gun. Modified how? Maybe it shoots something other than paintballs now. I sure as hell don't know, so I'm glad they didn't take any chances.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Every sport would be.

let me tell you about Formula 1 before the 1980s

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This came up in another thread recently, "terroristic threat" has nothing to do with capital-T Terrorism and just means a threat with the intent to scare people.

E: The incident that sparked the other discussion was an implied threat of rape and murder, for example.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Outrail posted:

Jesus loving Christ. " Some dumbass is planning on shooting people with a paint gun, better charge him with being a terrorist".

Guy's a dipshit but seriously, that's what you're going to charge him with? Not attempted assault or something that fits the crime? Yeah sure he's technically terrorizing people but I don't think that's what it's for.

Guessing the charge is based on how they modified their paintball guns (or how the police assumed they did). If they're modified to look like real guns or to fire like ball bearings then terroristic threat is probably about right :shrug:

e: oops e;fb by a decent margin

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Outrail posted:

Or you could say...9/11

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Some rugby-freude

https://twitter.com/SuperRugbyNZ/status/754919653911072768

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
My god, that's a magnificent dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

But not common enough to not eat a good one. (It was a good one, right? I mean, we'll all have to laugh at you if you hospitalized yourself over an Oscar Myer or Ball Park.)

It was a Portillo's hotdog, a hotdog I hadn't had in forever, and I was cognizant not to take too big of bites since its happened before... since, ya know, I didn't want to have to go to the hospital.

The last time was a lovely Oscar Meyer that I was quick-eating before a date and cut it too long and didn't chew remotely well because I was pressed for time.