Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Future Foundation

more like

Fucker Foundation

I'm starting to think that the surviving cast helped Naegi do Danganronpa 2 just as a way to flip the bird at all these lovely guys

Especially Togami. I do not see how he and Munataka could exist in the same room without there being bloodshed. Maybe boxer bro has a bunch of Genocider scars under his tank top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

On the plus side, looks like Fukawa won't have to break the news to Asahina that her brother's dead. :v:

Slokir
Mar 18, 2012
Welp, wasn't expecting that to happen quite so fast.

ViggyNash posted:

Also, it matches the op. But does that then imply that we already know who will die and exactly how? That would kinda suck if it did.

The order definitely seems to be different, so we don't know who will die when.

It does look like we know how but knowing Kodaka's writting it's probably a fake out of some kind, especially considering I'm pretty sure it shows everyone dying.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Xelkelvos posted:

I actually sort of hope the reformed Remnants storm the place and rescue everyone (who's left alive anyways) at some point.

I'm expecting this is what Byakuya is going to make happen, assuming he has enough time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Great Gozu is very great

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Will there ever be a Danganronpa where the character who has the weird comedy design makes it to the end?? Poor Bandai, I actually kinda liked him, hoping he appears more in the Despair episodes because he barely did anything in this and was only the guy to demostrate the bracelet thing.

Also wow at that ending! Damm this series, you can't do that so fast!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked the first episode of Despair and have pretty much rolled my eyes at most of the Future stuff because the Future Foundation is so drat lame and has all these really boring looking characters except Great Gozu. Great Gozu is loving awesome and it's gonna suck when it turns out he's the killer.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'd say the Monomi girl because she doesn't talk walk or accept to be touched, but that'd be a bit too obvious I guess.

Or maybe Naegi's brainwashed and does things while he sleeps. :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Afaict, it also looks like SHSL Seitokaicho's restriction is that he can't open doors. Wheelchair girl might be she can't be touched and Kirigiri's looks like it has something to do with Naegi.

Also here's a crack theory from 4chan

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I wonder what Yasuhiro's up to. He's in the opening credits and we saw him in the first episode, but he wasn't seen at all in this one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's gonna break in and save everyone only to accidentally slip his hand into a bracelet

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

People are already theorizing that Yukizome is Junko because of Gozu putting his jacket over her corpse. It's like the LP thread never left.

I actually thought that might be the case during the first despair episode, given how she was so easily able to win over the class and seemed to have a bunch of different talents. But then I realized that it made absolutely no sense.

...So of course it'll probably be the case.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

They really didn't spoil everyone's death in the OP right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yukizome is probably the mastermind in some way or at least is very deeply involved with all of this more than just being a teacher to Despair Group/future foundation member

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

They really didn't spoil everyone's death in the OP right?

Yes, but they made a death scene for every character except Naegi, including Hagakure who isn't even in the game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe Asahina is loving dead.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

Yes, but they made a death scene for every character except Naegi, including Hagakure who isn't even in the game.

Naegi blows his brains out in the OP so there's that.

Also the housekeeper didn't slash her wrists, but that just makes me think she instigated her own death to set things off even more.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kay Kessler posted:

Naegi has one shooting himself, mirroring Munukata I thought.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Xelkelvos posted:

Afaict, it also looks like SHSL Seitokaicho's restriction is that he can't open doors. Wheelchair girl might be she can't be touched and Kirigiri's looks like it has something to do with Naegi.

Also here's a crack theory from 4chan

Speaking of 4chan theories.

And then somebody proposed what if AI Junko downloaded herself into Naegi. :v:

E: Alternatively, the "must kill somebody" is a rule that gets rotated among the participants, so there is no real traitor.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 18, 2016

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I eagerly await this thread becoming crackpot theory central.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow witnessing violence against others being your forbidden action is kind of hosed

ALSO THEY loving KILLED ASAHINA, of all the characters? YOU loving BASTARDS

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Kyte posted:

Speaking of 4chan theories.

And then somebody proposed what if AI Junko downloaded herself into Naegi. :v:

E: Alternatively, the "must kill somebody" is a rule that gets rotated among the participants, so there is no real traitor.

At the very least, he'll be prime suspect what with him having blood on his hands.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm very upset about what happened

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

At the very least, he'll be prime suspect what with him having blood on his hands.

Stabbing at a downward angle wouldn't blood on his hands though. Especially not the palms of his hands.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

The entire episode I was thinking "is this some sort of promotion for ZTD? The awake time had better not be 90 min".

The Aoi died and I was sad, although they made it pretty clear beforehand that she would be the one killed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As far as theories go, I like the idea that everyone is in a different building from the one they were in originally.

When Kyouko woke up, for instance, she noticed that the kunai that was in the wall wasn't there anymore.

Moltrey posted:

The Great Gozu is very great

Too bad he's probably going to die, just like the girl who only JUST made a reappearance in the series! :argh:

I'm full of despair, dammit.

Baal posted:

I liked the first episode of Despair and have pretty much rolled my eyes at most of the Future stuff because the Future Foundation is so drat lame and has all these really boring looking characters except Great Gozu. Great Gozu is loving awesome and it's gonna suck when it turns out he's the killer.

I agree with all of this.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 18, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Having lived through the 2013 Dangan Mafia era with friends, I find it heavily ironic that the Final Killing game is basically a game of Mafia.

I don't know if I agree with Bandai dying in such a lame manner as "being forbidden to witness any violence", but god, that ending was a punch to the gut. Guess Sakura's letter to Asahina telling her to survive is pretty much rendered useless now, huh?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Could be all another computer simulation to gently caress with Naegi and the rest of the FF, crushing their hopes again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I was actually half laughing at Naegi telling Asahina to "just believe in my luck!"

Um, it doesn't apply to other people you doofus.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Any time that Naegi tries to reassure a girl, he always wakes up to find that she's dead.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't wait until the series ends with Makoto going back in time to stop Junko in the Despair side and thus averting the apocalypse.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Good episode, bad conclusion. Not even upset, just feels dumb and also unnecessary.

Give us more Despair arc and as much Great Gozu as possible.

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
The SHSL Time Traveler

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

alcharagia posted:

I can't wait until the series ends with Makoto going back in time to stop Junko in the Despair side and thus averting the apocalypse.

Since the developer mentioned Back to the Future as a potential inspiration for DR3, this might be a thing that actually happens.

Maybe that explains why Chiaki is in the Despair arc. She's actually the Ultimate Time Traveler.

Having the despairing incident averted through time travel might be an interesting way to reboot the series for the upcoming V3 game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Having lived through the 2013 Dangan Mafia era with friends, I find it heavily ironic that the Final Killing game is basically a game of Mafia.

I don't know if I agree with Bandai dying in such a lame manner as "being forbidden to witness any violence", but god, that ending was a punch to the gut. Guess Sakura's letter to Asahina telling her to survive is pretty much rendered useless now, huh?

The developers were originally going to kill off Kuzuryu in chapter 3 of DR2, but killed off Saionji instead to make Peko's death mean more. One would hope they would apply the same logic here but :geno:.

No despair, just apathy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Can't believe I'm awaiting more Despair arc than I am the Future arc based off the premise alone.

The Great Gozu and the animator trying his best and failing to help everyone be a Good Boy are really all the Future arc has going for it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Wyvernil posted:

Since the developer mentioned Back to the Future as a potential inspiration for DR3, this might be a thing that actually happens.

You mean the movie where the high school protagonist almost gets it on with his own mother!?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

cloofish posted:

The developers were originally going to kill off Kuzuryu in chapter 3 of DR2, but killed off Saionji instead to make Peko's death mean more. One would hope they would apply the same logic here but :geno:.

No despair, just apathy.

They did the same thing with Ishimaru in the first game, annoyingly enough.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Although it has died out quite a bit in the last year or two, the Werewolf variety of Mafia has been a minor fad in the Japanese mystery fandom starting just about the same time the first DR was published. There have been quite a few card versions of the actual game published (many of them themed on licensed properties, including a Dangan Ronpa one), a few non-fiction books about the game, and countless cheap mystery novels using it as a premise. Off the top of my head I can also think of at least one murder-game video game that has a version of it as its hook (the Tsugi no Giseisha wo Oshiraseshimasu trilogy), but I'm pretty sure there are more I'm forgetting.

As for the betrayer having a "must kill someone" as his rule, I think that's a little strange given how the rules are presented. They're "something you must not do" rules, and I guess it's possible to word it in such a way ("Let everyone stay alive" or something), but it's a little convoluted, so I don't think that's what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They did the same thing with Ishimaru in the first game, annoyingly enough.

:smith:

My brother almost lost interest in the game at that point, since it made two cool dudes pointless.

• Locked thread