Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Bc the first few votes can get away with it all being a big joke. But putting him at -2 and -1 with more than a full irl day left before deadline with literally zero reason is scummy af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Your Personal Muse posted:

Be careful about lynching, when I brutally murdered Jimson I got some of his soul or whatever in me and got his powers. I targeted him because I figured it could only benefit town (since if he was town I would get an aspect of his PR so it would be a win getting rid of that shitposter) so I have the whole anonymous vote hammer if I'm not voting

Did you kill jimson solely because he was a shitposter or did you actually have a reason to suspect he was scum?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Truth Quark posted:

Did you kill jimson solely because he was a shitposter or did you actually have a reason to suspect he was scum?

Because he was as shitposter. If I learned anything from B&K mafia, its that vigs are best used for lurkers. With me being able to steal an aspect of their PR, there was literally no reason to not kill Jimson since either town wouldn't lose a PR or I'd hit scum.

But there was no reason to suspect he was scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Bc the first few votes can get away with it all being a big joke. But putting him at -2 and -1 with more than a full irl day left before deadline with literally zero reason is scummy af.

Why would scum put themselves out there like that?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

whoever roleblocked me is rude

Also the scum has big anime titties too? I don't know what to believe now

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hey the thread's open. Sorry for my absence.

I'm not sure I want to claim yet but for what it's worth my action failed.

What flavour did you get with your action fail?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Be careful about lynching, when I brutally murdered Jimson I got some of his soul or whatever in me and got his powers. I targeted him because I figured it could only benefit town (since if he was town I would get an aspect of his PR so it would be a win getting rid of that shitposter) so I have the whole anonymous vote hammer if I'm not voting

We're going to want to test that, so we'll need to do some coordination around the hammer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nah
##vote anarc

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pinterest Mom posted:

We're going to want to test that, so we'll need to do some coordination around the hammer.

So me just jump off the lynch at the last second?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I don't actually understand the whole turbo thing anyway. I don't think it was that fast but I also don't think there's much any player can do on the first day to find scum. Maybe in other games letting things run up to the deadline has caused scum to out themselves on day 1?

This is my second game after Overwatch mafia so maybe it was stupid of me to throw that vote in there. I can't stand and fight about it being an iron clad decision but I thought he hasn't posted much and the content of the posts was "hey". To me that meant he was potentially trying not to draw attention to himself or he wasn't actually going to be that participative.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Apocron posted:

I don't actually understand the whole turbo thing anyway. I don't think it was that fast but I also don't think there's much any player can do on the first day to find scum. Maybe in other games letting things run up to the deadline has caused scum to out themselves on day 1?

This is my second game after Overwatch mafia so maybe it was stupid of me to throw that vote in there. I can't stand and fight about it being an iron clad decision but I thought he hasn't posted much and the content of the posts was "hey". To me that meant he was potentially trying not to draw attention to himself or he wasn't actually going to be that participative.

Why not give him a chance to argue?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

What flavour did you get with your action fail?

I didn't, I was flatly told my action wasn't successful and that's it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I read the six pages I missed but it's hard to form any good opinions about a turbo lynch.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Apocron posted:

##vote hiipfire

Yeah that post history is weak.

I don't normally vote new players so early on but if I did I would vote on this post.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Ninth Layer posted:

I didn't, I was flatly told my action wasn't successful and that's it.

Interesting. I was told that my action failed because I was frozen.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Why not give him a chance to argue?

Well the decision was based on his history. Whether he was scum or not when he was called out on being unparticipative his only response is to argue that he will be more participative (assuming he cares about this game). If I accepted that as genuine then we're back to square one in terms of having no good lynch for day one because there's no counter argument I can imagine. So I made the decision to read the lack of participation as a bad indicator (ether of alignment or attitude) and either way I thought it was more than I could say for voting someone else on day one. Obviously I was wrong about it being an indicator of scum and I can't say if he would have spent the whole thread being monosyllabic. But I think it's as good a reason for voting someone on day one as any.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The first few votes could have unvoted to prevent the turbo if they wanted to. They didn't and it's not like there were people holding off or having second thoughts, everyone that was around seemed to be down for the turbo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Interesting. I was told that my action failed because I was frozen.

I think I know why my action failed then. It sounds like you were roleblocked, I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Apocron posted:

Well the decision was based on his history. Whether he was scum or not when he was called out on being unparticipative his only response is to argue that he will be more participative (assuming he cares about this game). If I accepted that as genuine then we're back to square one in terms of having no good lynch for day one because there's no counter argument I can imagine. So I made the decision to read the lack of participation as a bad indicator (ether of alignment or attitude) and either way I thought it was more than I could say for voting someone else on day one. Obviously I was wrong about it being an indicator of scum and I can't say if he would have spent the whole thread being monosyllabic. But I think it's as good a reason for voting someone on day one as any.

I think this is genuine

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It feels like Anarc is throwing more emphasis on going after the evil doers who voted Hiipfire more because he flipped cop than because he flipped town, which I think is silly because who could have known he was the cop :shrug:

I'd rather not lynch her though today because she won the "day 1 biggest anime boob bowl" and has been enhanced with a boon, unless there isn't another option.

I think Aprorocons vote day 1 was pretty scummy. The way he had to throw in the side comment to validate his vote made it seem like he knew hiip would flip town, and he wanted to excuse himself in advance in the most generic possible way:

Apocron posted:

##vote hiipfire

##vote apocron

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

The Ninth Layer posted:

The first few votes could have unvoted to prevent the turbo if they wanted to. They didn't and it's not like there were people holding off or having second thoughts, everyone that was around seemed to be down for the turbo.

How do you know any of those people were around after laying down their votes? They don't have any subsequent posts.

Imo turboing is almost always a bad idea, and those towards the end of the vote either are scum or really bad at mafia

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what about that time we turboed jimson day 1 and he was scum and then we won?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

How do you know any of those people were around after laying down their votes? They don't have any subsequent posts.

Imo turboing is almost always a bad idea, and those towards the end of the vote either are scum or really bad at mafia

I agree with you about turboing but at the same time I don't feel there's anything fundamentally different about say JakeP's or Infi's vote compared to the earlier ones. They're more responsible for the lynch happening but I don't know if that makes them scummier than the early voters who uncritically started up the bandwagon.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also I will grant a boon to whoever posts the anime with dumps that most resemble a truck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alright 2 things.

1.) Why why why why why why why why why why why did you make Hiipfire cop :negative:

2.) :siren: I was the murder target last night. :siren: How do I know that? Well seeing how we've lost our cop, lets get some confirmed town happening... time to full claim

I am Chrom

My role is Great Lord. I am town-aligned and literally unkillable via any method. :frogc00l:
Feel free to test it if you must. I am unlynchable, unable to be nightkilled, etc, etc, etc

The downside?

If I am targeted for the night kill I lose my ability to vote the next day.
I received a PM last night telling me I can't vote today

If I could vote, my vote would be on #1 scum Pmom

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kill TNL? He visited me and I'm bulletproof.

No nightkill happens last night.
Mod mentions that TNL visits her.

Immediately tries to spin it like this is bulletproof

:ducksiren: IMAGINE THIS IS ME VOTING FOR PMOM :ducksiren:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EMOTICONS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I was looking at my role PM D1 trying to figure out if I should just full claim immediately...

The only downside happens when we hit MYLO, so lets do a good job before that happens.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would vote PMom but she's town and historically your reads suck giant balls

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

I just got a PM saying I didn't lose my bulletproof so nvm.

Yeah this wouldn't happen.

"Oh a player just claimed they were bulletproof in the thread?"
"I better send them a PM and correct them"

Liar liar pants on fire.

I would vote PMom but she's town and historically your reads suck giant balls

How's that D1 push you started on Hiipfire looking?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Alright 2 things.

1.) Why why why why why why why why why why why did you make Hiipfire cop :negative:

2.) :siren: I was the murder target last night. :siren: How do I know that? Well seeing how we've lost our cop, lets get some confirmed town happening... time to full claim

I am Chrom

My role is Great Lord. I am town-aligned and literally unkillable via any method. :frogc00l:
Feel free to test it if you must. I am unlynchable, unable to be nightkilled, etc, etc, etc

The downside?

If I am targeted for the night kill I lose my ability to vote the next day.
I received a PM last night telling me I can't vote today

If I could vote, my vote would be on #1 scum Pmom

No nightkill happens last night.
Mod mentions that TNL visits her.

Immediately tries to spin it like this is bulletproof

:ducksiren: IMAGINE THIS IS ME VOTING FOR PMOM :ducksiren:

yeah but what about ur tits?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

Yeah this wouldn't happen.

"Oh a player just claimed they were bulletproof in the thread?"
"I better send them a PM and correct them"

Liar liar pants on fire.

How's that D1 push you started on Hiipfire looking?

Yes. Blame me for trying to start something. That wasn't even a push, I said hey this innocuous thing this guy did is scummy because no one was loving doing anything. Its called playing mafia you dork I stand behind it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JakeP posted:

also I will grant a boon to whoever posts the anime with dumps that most resemble a truck

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also what kind of role is that let's test it ##vote Inf we can test both my role and inf role at the same time how efficient

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wait why is momma mia town?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes. Blame me for trying to start something. That wasn't even a push, I said hey this innocuous thing this guy did is scummy because no one was loving doing anything. Its called playing mafia you dork I stand behind it.

So historically in this game you have been 0/0 on scum votes, so calling me out for something similar would be a dumb idea right?

:thumbsup:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

So historically in this game you have been 0/0 on scum votes, so calling me out for something similar would be a dumb idea right?

In this game I shot a scum in the night which is better than your entire mafia career

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

Also I still don't know what this means, you aren't trying to start content, you are trying to push PMom, which is exactly the opposite thing I just said I did

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

let's test it ##vote Inf

Please do.

Alternatively you can wait until endgame where you would vote 'no lynch' and get the same effect

But sure, if it means I get confirmed town immediately do whatever you want.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

Please do.

Alternatively you can wait until endgame where you would vote 'no lynch' and get the same effect

But sure, if it means I get confirmed town immediately do whatever you want.

You wouldn't be confirmed town you dingus you would be 3P/Town. There is nothing about your role that necessitates that you are town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But it would confirm, in my view, tat you are not scum and that we cannot lynch you which is good enough for now.

• Locked thread