Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Asiina, TMM says he loves you and hopes you two can be good chums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

No. I think establishing moral responsibility early on is a good thing. I think immorality is a difficult concept to teach to children though because it's entirely abstract. Hell I reckon a lot of adults still would struggle with it.

I think that's a responsible thing to do, but I'm no psychologist or child behavioural professional so...

With baby amalgam I hope the positive outweighs the negative. Don't want to leave weird subconscious impressions. :shrug:

Do you believe in universal morality or relative morality?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

MG3 posted:

That's a fun topic.

Take pain for example. If you couldn't experience pain, and if it wasn't unpleasant, you would damage yourself irreparably.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

:same:

I know I will instantly regret this, but I hate being called any sort of short form of my name. People have tried to use Meg and I had one friend whose mom called me Meggy, but I try to nip that poo poo in the bud.

Well, the only saving grace is you can be completely hilarious when you say men that 'Meg' you are the worst!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's a fun topic.

Take pain for example. If you couldn't experience pain, and if it wasn't unpleasant, you would damage yourself irreparably.

idunno man, i'm in pain reading this post and i still think it damaged me irreparably

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Ernie. posted:

idunno man, i'm in pain reading this post and i still think it damaged me irreparably

Yes, but now you know to never, ever read any more of my posts, thus avoiding future harm.

Isn't pain wonderful?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yes, but now you know to never, ever read any more of my posts, thus avoiding future harm.

Isn't pain wonderful?

oh no ........ i'm melting

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
People that hate nicknames are the worst. I nicknamed a Conrad at my old work to Rad and he hated it.

He was the worst. Surname nicknames are way better generally too

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's a fun topic.

Thats true, and an interesting point to use to express how the world is experienced subjectively. I have broken 15 bones and have had my appendix burst so I have experienced physical pain. My coworker has never broken anything or even gone to the hospital. His definition of physical pain is much different than mine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MG3 posted:

Hmm I prefer objective and subjective. I guess it'd be relative.

Ideally I believe universal or objective morality would lend itself to the collective survival and 'good' of the human race, but the world is not ideal so I feel relative morality is inescapable with tenets of it therein linked back to the individual's community. Although I think a lot of it is ingrained, I feel like defining it just gives perspective to what many of us already subscribe to. Who knows? :)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
dogs are good, so all else is good

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PBS Newshour posted:

dogs are good, so all else is good

Dogs living that dog life.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Have you considered the fact that dogs are in fact gud?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am nowhere near high enough to tolerate philosophical discussion, especially with a migraine like I got, so cram it, MG

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Congrats to Cpig for winning popcon!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Virtually everybody outside of my family calls me Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Literally all of my exes have called me Keane holy moley thinking about that one.

Like independently everybody is like "psh, this guy is a Keane."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welp, it's here guys.

Come sign up for Genius 2 AWFUL BIG BROTHER 2

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783722

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MG3 posted:

Guys lets have another cookfia. I'll share a delicious japanese curry recipe.

MG3 posted:

MG3 posted:

MG3 posted:

MG3 posted:

MG3 posted:

MG3 posted:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Congrats to Cpig for winning popcon!

hooray!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

No one calls me by my full name. Even my mom stopped doing it. It's kinda weird. It's "Matt" or just my last name at work.

My students call me "rear end in a top hat."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Uh, did you guys know that Plug.dj relaunched in May?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

No one calls me by my full name. Even my mom stopped doing it. It's kinda weird. It's "Matt" or just my last name at work.

My students call me "rear end in a top hat."

I CALL YOU LATE FOR DINNER

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

Other than my online nicname everyone has always called me by my full name, Michael. No mike, or mickey, or any of that poo poo.

i remember in first grade I told my teacher that I wanted to make an announcement to the class. The announcement was I am jake now and not jacob any more.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

i remember in first grade I told my teacher that I wanted to make an announcement to the class. The announcement was I am jake now and not jacob any more.

same but i sang the EMF's unbelievable

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My name is Nicholas people call me Nick.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
People call me Muse irl (non law people do at least)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quid, you're a Saint.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Because of Plug.dj or because Nicholas was a saint? :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidnose posted:

Because of Plug.dj or because Nicholas was a saint? :v:

the stigmata you dense idiot

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Definitely the latter.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A Cookfia 3? Yeah that'd be fun. I don't know when I'd have time to set it up though. I have such a irregular work schedule that it's hard fitting my normal day-to-day activities with any since of habitual action. That said, I don't know about you guys, but I do go back and reference those recipes from time to time. The one I've definitely run with has been Esquites, the corn based dish, which was shared by Kernel Panic (a fact that amuses me immensely).

What's funny is that there's little preventing anyone from sharing recipes, but the incentive of a game really does make us try these things out.

I'm booked solid through to September as it is, things may chill before the holiday season. I won't write off the idea at any rate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Everyone should try my lime meringue pie from cookfia 1 it owns and is p easy

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Most people call me Matt and very rarely do I get called Matthew.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

no one calls me anything because i only emerge at night to scavenge from trash bins

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

:same:

I know I will instantly regret this, but I hate being called any sort of short form of my name. People have tried to use Meg and I had one friend whose mom called me Meggy, but I try to nip that poo poo in the bud.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommunist posted:

no one calls me anything because i only emerge at night to scavenge from trash bins

I only do a poor imitation of your unnerving clicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

I only do a poor imitation of your unnerving clicks

i've based my existence of my idol infinitum, maybe the problem is you're imitating me, not the original garbage diving night monster.