Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to Awful Big Brother 2, a forum reality game for 14 players.

How does the game work?

Each cycle begins with a competition to determine the Head of Household (HOH). All players except the outgoing HOH may compete for this. The HOH nominates two other players for eviction. The two nominees, the HOH, and 3 other randomly chosen players then compete for the Power of Veto. The person who wins the veto has the option to save either of the nominees from eviction. If one of the nominees is vetoed, then the HOH must choose a new player who is not nominated and does not have the Power of Veto to nominate. Then all houseguests vote for one of the two nominees and the person with the most votes is evicted. Immediately following the eviction is a new HOH competition and the cycle begins again. Once there are only two players remaining a jury consisting of the last 7 players to be evicted will vote to decide which of the remaining players is the winner.

Challenges will be one of three types: forum based, where you will only need access to the forums; puzzle based, where you may have to go to another website or might need image editing software; or game based, where you’ll go offsite somewhere and play a game which will usually require flash. The type of challenge along with its requirements will be announced at the end of the previous day, but you won’t know the exact challenge until game day.

First and foremost though this is a social game where you will be expected to be in communication with your other houseguests on a private and semi-private basis. Not participating in the social aspect will not get you very far. There will be one googledoc or discord channel (whatever the majority prefers) for the entire house, and one for the HOH that are official and viewable by the vista, but any other lines of communication you have with each other is totally up to you!

Schedule

Unlike the previous ABB, this will be run on a much more condensed schedule in order for the game to last a total of roughly 6 weeks. The game will run on a 3 day cycle and two cycles will be run each week:

Day 1 (Sundays and Wednesdays): Eviction and HOH Competition
Day 2 (Mondays and Thursdays): Nominations and Veto Competition
Day 3 (Tuesdays and Fridays): Veto Meeting

Everyone will need to be present for Day 1 and Day 2 for anywhere between 1-2 hours, while only the veto holder and HOH need to be around for Day 3, and only for roughly 5 minutes. Day 1 and Day 2 events will be held between 6 and 10pm EST, depending on the player’s availability. Day 3 event can be held at the HOH and Veto holder’s convenience. In the application please specify your availability.

This is a pretty tight schedule, but if it can be kept then the game will last no more than 6 weeks. The planned start for this game will be August 2nd. First HOH Competition will be the next day.

Who can apply?

For this season I WILL be accepting people who have played one or more forum reality games before. However there is a hierarchy and would prefer to not allow more than one person from each season to participate in order to ensure there are no alliances or rivalries carrying over from previous seasons. The hierarchy is as follows: New Players > People who have played in only one season in one of Awful Survivor, Awful Big Brother, Awful Genius, Popularity Contest, or One Weekend Ultimate Reality Game > People who have played in two or more of the above. This means that if you have never played any of these games before you will have priority over returning players, so sign up if you are new! If you have played before there will likely still be spots so you should sign up too!

What can I win?!

There will be a $75 prize for the winner and a $25 prize for the runner up. Any attempts to conspire to share, give, buy or bribe another contestant with the prize or items purchased with it (or any other money), is subject to immediate and unilateral disqualification. This is up to my discretion if I think you’re trying to skirt the rules. Don’t try to cheat!

What if I just want to be a creeper and watch

There will be a Viewer’s Vista for this game. As with other such games, the vista is for people who are not playing and those who were evicted pre-jury phase. In the vista you will have exclusive access to player confessionals, juicy chatlogs, and upcoming twists. If you would like access to the vista, please PM me and I will link it to you. This will obviously make you ineligible to become a player. As always, please keep what’s said in the vista in the vista and do not talk to current players or jurors about the game.

If after reading all this you’d like to play, here is the Application Form. Applications will be open until July 31st (hopefully).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
didnt read the rules or anything but signed up

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am addicted to talking in spreadsheets about ongoing games.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Allen Wren posted:

I am addicted to talking in spreadsheets about ongoing games.

I am addicted to talking in spreadsheets about anything but the ongoing game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Max Peck posted:

I am addicted to talking in spreadsheets about anything but the ongoing game.

Well, the spreadsheet is about the game. The conversation is only rarely so.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I can't play bc I'm going away at the end of the month (and have learned my lesson the hard way about signing up for games with vacations looming) but I'll def take a vista link!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i signed up mostly for a showmance and maybe to hide in a trashcan to jump out and scare someone, also i love ants

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
asiina recruit STACgoat please

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I applied~

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I would love to do this sign me up please maybe this is my chance to make friends

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I come here not to win, but to make friends.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Send this around to whoever you want.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd post it in the real BB thread in TVIV but I haven't been watching this year, so I'd feel dumb. If anyone does though, they should post it there. Spread the word. It's always good to get new people.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

i've been trying that for years

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I'd post it in the real BB thread in TVIV but I haven't been watching this year, so I'd feel dumb. If anyone does though, they should post it there. Spread the word. It's always good to get new people.

I did

JOHN CENA posted:

i've been trying that for years

:(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I signed up :ohdear:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I signed up :ohdear:

:helladid:

what a glorious day

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I don't want to actually try, how much effort is required?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I would sign up, but if this is starting sometime in August that's going to be terribly busy at work, so I'm going to spectate this one.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Dedicating a few hours every few days to show be online.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
In like finn. From adventure time. He's a pretty in dude.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

As much social effort as you want to put in. From my end, this is what I'd like from people.

Asiina posted:

Schedule

Unlike the previous ABB, this will be run on a much more condensed schedule in order for the game to last a total of roughly 6 weeks. The game will run on a 3 day cycle and two cycles will be run each week:

Day 1 (Sundays and Wednesdays): Eviction and HOH Competition
Day 2 (Mondays and Thursdays): Nominations and Veto Competition
Day 3 (Tuesdays and Fridays): Veto Meeting

Everyone will need to be present for Day 1 and Day 2 for anywhere between 1-2 hours, while only the veto holder and HOH need to be around for Day 3, and only for roughly 5 minutes. Day 1 and Day 2 events will be held between 6 and 10pm EST, depending on the player’s availability. Day 3 event can be held at the HOH and Veto holder’s convenience. In the application please specify your availability.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

jon joe posted:

Dedicating a few hours every few days to show be online.

you gonna actually play?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo1CuN44mrY

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

you gonna actually play?

No I'm just watching.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

you gonna actually play?

Thanks mod asiina for asking the hard hitting questions. Its nice Kashunk trusts you enough to give you his password to ask these questions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

No I'm just watching.

:thejoke:

Thanks mod asiina for asking the hard hitting questions. Its nice Kashunk trusts you enough to give you his password to ask these questions.

well..ya know. I did run popcon

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

:thejoke:

well..ya know. I did run popcon

Pff i was mad activs in popcon I just overplayed how much people liked me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

finn is pretty chill yea

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm rootin' for you jon

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

finn is pretty chill yea

OH poo poo ARE YOU *THE* FORUMS POSTER WITH USERNAME JOHN CENA? It's an honor sir.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Ps asiina dear i made a pretty big obvious mistake on my app but i dunno how to fix it so just in case - sorry - I'm not trying to pull one over on you or nothing

(Yet)
(No mods no masters)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OH poo poo ARE YOU *THE* FORUMS POSTER WITH USERNAME JOHN CENA? It's an honor sir.

i am a forums poster with that name ya

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

i am a forums poster with that name ya

I knew it.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I bowl from 6-9 on wednesdays, would that preclude me from being able to participate? If so, send me a vista link plz.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

I bowl from 6-9 on wednesdays, would that preclude me from being able to participate? If so, send me a vista link plz.

Yeah, HOH competition is on Wednesdays.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
STAC goat told me he was considering joining, you should beg him to play

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Asiina posted:

Yeah, HOH competition is on Wednesdays.

Ok looks like I'm out

Adbot