Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

The free Dizzy DLC is available on PSN both for NA and EU.

Remember, you can add her to your account even if you don't have Revelator yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Remember, you can add her to your account even if you don't have Revelator yet!

I don't even have Revelator yet but I'm gonna download her anyway

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G8OPsz6E_c&t=677s

Didn't realize it was a "thing" to cheer on each hit of a super. Pretty cool

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/755432033564753920
~$150 for a fightstick as of this post.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yuri lacks the murderous intent.

Commissar Ken posted:

Play more KOF 2001.

Fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGwWBhxnXY

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

How are the tes+ any different from the old tes sticks?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bad metaphors posted:

Emptyquote this post if you'd be interested in a goon tournament for windjammers or any fightcade game really (ST???????) sometime this week and top 3 gets a $15 steam game or a consolation av cert or w/e provided by your valued forums pal, bad metaphors

refuse to emptyquote

breakers revenge
cyberbots
"garou"
karnovs/fhd
msh (not msh vsf)
puzzle fighter
"sfa3"
"st"
world heroes perfect
xvsf
xmCOTA

weeklies after 9pm cst Any day really tia

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When are we going to do a fuckin cota tournament

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A.o.D. posted:

How are the tes+ any different from the old tes sticks?

I think these come with a PS4 touchpad, which has some useful functionality in training mode like resetting in the corner/middle for practicing setups.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Baal posted:

When are we going to do a fuckin cota tournament

run bracket

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

I went with windjammers originally because that game takes like two seconds to pick up but evidently my hard read was incorrect lol. How about something more conventional instead? http://www.strawpoll.me/10785520 Your choices are ST, 3S, and JJBA. I'll run the thing on a weekday next week. If this thing is actually a success I'll try one of the other games (one of the marvels?) from Zand's list next time.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

My favorite special move ever is S.Dio's book followed by Justice's michael sword, and my favorite normal ever is probably B.Polnareff's 2C

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I'm on the side of Kanye, bro

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Hey, i'd never tell anyone to play 2001.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

I think I'm on the side of Kanye, bro

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

bad metaphors posted:

I went with windjammers originally because that game takes like two seconds to pick up but evidently my hard read was incorrect lol. How about something more conventional instead? http://www.strawpoll.me/10785520 Your choices are ST, 3S, and JJBA. I'll run the thing on a weekday next week. If this thing is actually a success I'll try one of the other games (one of the marvels?) from Zand's list next time.

marvel vs series is the worst choice outside of cota if you want something fun for everyone because nobody will actually do effort.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Zand posted:

marvel vs series is the worst choice outside of cota if you want something fun for everyone because nobody will actually do effort.

"Fun for everyone" and "minimal effort" are criteria I'm looking to satisfy, yes. Care to deliver a ted talk on that statement?

Also I forgot to add 98 to the poll because I have the mental capacity of a ralf player, but it's on the table

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If we play mvc i'm just gonna play blue war machine

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Aw man I was pumped for Windjammers. I'll play and be bad at whichever though.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bad metaphors posted:

"Fun for everyone" and "minimal effort" are criteria I'm looking to satisfy, yes. Care to deliver a ted talk on that statement?

Also I forgot to add 98 to the poll because I have the mental capacity of a ralf player, but it's on the table

Please add 98 and remake the poll.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

dhamster posted:

Didn't realize it was a "thing" to cheer on each hit of a super. Pretty cool

Yup, still a thing for several games even nowadays for common combos/supers/things. It'll probably pop up for SFV soon if it hasn't already (never watched SFV with the crowd yet).

Zand posted:

refuse to emptyquote

breakers revenge
cyberbots
"garou"
karnovs/fhd
msh (not msh vsf)
puzzle fighter
"sfa3"
"st"
world heroes perfect
xvsf
xmCOTA

weeklies after 9pm cst Any day really tia

Why is there no KOF on here, that's definitely easier to pick up imo than cyberbots (which is cool and fun, but I found it super awkward to play at first). Also 3s

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

bad metaphors posted:

I would do a Ted talk on it but the only reason I say anything regarding versus series is because in goon tournies of olden days vs series games tended to just be blowouts with low turnout

and ventana kof is too hard for me

Zand fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 19, 2016

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Zand posted:

I would do a Ted talk on it but the only reason I say anything regarding versus series is because in goon tournies of olden days vs series games tended to just be blowouts with low turnout

and ventana kof is too hard for me

Fair enough

New poll with 98: http://www.strawpoll.me/10786567 Sorry all

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Big Scary Owl posted:

Played Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD with a friend for a while and found that it's a great game! I saw the tier list on shoryuken and Jotaro was listed as God tier, but I liked playing as Dio better. Steamroller is hype. What makes Jotaro better than Dio in this game? Anyone know? I'm just curious because they seem kinda similar gameplay-wise from my admittedly short and casual experience of the game.

Like was said before, the summary is basically Jotaro and Dio are both viable high tier (not top) characters, but Dio has a lot of unsafe poo poo that a newbie will accidentally do/use/etc. So Jotaro is the stable/reliable character who is EXTREMELY solid and well-rounded/complete.

There's also the standcrash wiki, sorry it's not updated much these days :/

edit: every tier list sucks for jojos but I think that SRK one is especially outdated

Fayk fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 19, 2016

Danny Glover
Nov 7, 2011
xvsf or bust

I just got my hands on UNIEL, anybody know of any good resources outside of google to learn some of the systems in that game? I've spent 10 minutes in training mode but I already know I'll be hooked on this game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the in-birth wiki has decent character-specific info, you just have to click on the 'gameplay' pages on the character pages

as for the systems,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT81K40ew3s

french bread themselves made soem decent videos on it. you can find it all in this playlist.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Danny Glover posted:

xvsf or bust

I just got my hands on UNIEL, anybody know of any good resources outside of google to learn some of the systems in that game? I've spent 10 minutes in training mode but I already know I'll be hooked on this game

Video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21fg7l_uniel-beginners-workshop_videogames

Wiki:
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Under_Night_In-Birth

Danny Glover
Nov 7, 2011
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll check those out tonight.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Danny Glover posted:

xvsf or bust

fight me in X-Men tonight, ill be on fightcade tonight anytime after 9pm cst whenever works for you

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

How's the quality on this one?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zebia posted:

How's the quality on this one?

It's one of the best sticks on the market.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
someone buy me UNIEL and I'll play it with you and post my gratitude for all to see.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bhsman posted:

I think these come with a PS4 touchpad, which has some useful functionality in training mode like resetting in the corner/middle for practicing setups.

and if I play on PC?

Danny Glover
Nov 7, 2011

Zand posted:

fight me in X-Men tonight, ill be on fightcade tonight anytime after 9pm cst whenever works for you

If I'm still awake at that time I'll play. If not tonight then I'm down for another time

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

someone buy me UNIEL and I'll play it with you and post my gratitude for all to see.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

and if I play on PC?

you can bind it to other stuff probably?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

you can bind it to other stuff probably?

Can you? Has anyone done this with theirs?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Countblanc posted:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
The KoF14 demo seems fun but I can't do the first cancelling tutorial -_-

The different levels of super are kind of hard to keep track of for a beginner too! It's probably nothing for someone with a brain for this kind of stuff, but it seems like there are lots of ways to burn different amounts of meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

RichterIX posted:

The KoF14 demo seems fun but I can't do the first cancelling tutorial -_-

The different levels of super are kind of hard to keep track of for a beginner too! It's probably nothing for someone with a brain for this kind of stuff, but it seems like there are lots of ways to burn different amounts of meter.

cancelling specials into supers?