Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Saw this pokéstop at lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are no pokestops near me and it annoys me because I run out of pokeballs all the time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile there are like 6 in a park near my work, but I don't go in every day.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

i've always thought La Volonté de l'Orient would be a lovely girl's name.

its going to be the name of my band

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

There are no pokestops near me and it annoys me because I run out of pokeballs all the time.

There are none by my job directly. I usually go to the park at lunch and camp out around the two that are there, but I was stopping for a quick bite to eat and saw that on the map today and was amused.

One of the balls is also a gym.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Should I get a flip phone or buy a new iphone?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Meanwhile there are like 6 in a park near my work, but I don't go in every day.

I live literally on top of a pokestop. I downloaded the app but I don't really play it :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MG3 posted:

probably neither

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would go with buying one of those phones that slides up

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sidekick

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I try to spend some time at the park when I do go to campus, and stock up. Someone set a lure there the other day and I caught a Koffing, so that was cool. Otherwise it's just wandering around in circles every five minutes or so.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Do those still exist?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

It's a Nokia so it's indestructible.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

That looks like it wouldn't fit in my pocket.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

MG3 posted:

Do those still exist?

http://www.mobilecellmart.com/samsu...K4luhoCPaTw_wcB

You could be the coolest kid on the block forums poster m3

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

That is begging to be broken.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That is begging to be broken.

please do not victim blame, we already have to deal with these stories being called phoney enough

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Moatillata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTDjgS5VKw

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

If it's not a Nokia it may as well be made out of really thin glass that's held together with Elmer's glue.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Actually just train carrier pigeons and scrawl messages that you bundle to their legs. You'll be like a falconer but for pigeons, a Pigeoner if you will.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

How expensive is owning a telegraph nowadays? Are they economical?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Actually just train carrier pigeons and scrawl messages that you bundle to their legs. You'll be like a falconer but for pigeons, a Pigeoner if you will.

You used to be able to do that, but now children (and adults) will throw red and white balls at any pigeon they happen to see by reflex. My Pigeoner days are over :(

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You used to be able to do that, but now children (and adults) will throw red and white balls at any pigeon they happen to see by reflex. My Pigeoner days are over :(

I realized I was in too deep when I looked at a squirrel leaving work the other day and thought, "It's like a real life wild pokémon" instead of regarding it as a normal animal in the real world.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I realized I was in too deep when I looked at a squirrel leaving work the other day and thought, "It's like a real life wild pokémon" instead of regarding it as a normal animal in the real world.

Its a pokemon that DIES. . . :D

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MG3 posted:

How expensive is owning a telegraph nowadays? Are they economical?

https://www.itelegram.com

its expensive

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Holy moly.

Don't worry I'll be able to afford that from my life insurance money

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I feel like not owning a smart phone nowadays is like not being vaccinated, everyone else has one so you can just rely on theirs.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Theres people without smartphones in America? How and why? I just replaced mine for $50.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

My computer is so bad it cant even load hearthstone

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

JakeP posted:

Theres people without smartphones in America? How and why? I just replaced mine for $50.

I can replace mine for 50 dollars and I'm going to. I have insurance on it. But i feel like since the last replacement phone literally lasted me 2 months (and it died in my pocket without a drop or anything and always being in an otterbox case) that I don't want to rely on a piece of poo poo that the insurance company sends me.

So I feel like buying a flip phone that will actually last like 4 or 5 years for 50 bucks would be a better deal than my poo poo rear end iphone which is going to break in some capacity again within the year.

I'm not poor im just a cheap hipster.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
http://boingboing.net/2016/07/07/4-cellphone-suprisingly-dec.html

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I think it's more than 4 dollars now, but it's still like less than 10

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I think it's more than 4 dollars now, but it's still like less than 10

It might be a dumb opinion but after having an iphone for so long if I'm not going to get the new one I'd rather go back to a normal flip phone. Also part of the reason that I'm considering going back to a flip phone is to break my connection to the internet unless a computer is involved. i feel like not being able to immediately look things up in conversations only adds to the conversation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MG3 posted:

It might be a dumb opinion but after having an iphone for so long if I'm not going to get the new one I'd rather go back to a normal flip phone. Also part of the reason that I'm considering going back to a flip phone is to break my connection to the internet unless a computer is involved. i feel like not being able to immediately look things up in conversations only adds to the conversation.

you gotta do you.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

you gotta do you.

Its just I gotta weigh that overwhelming feeling with the fact that in the next year I might be in a situation where I won't have internet access other than through a phone. Its a tough decision.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's pokestop within reach of my office desk :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

There's pokestop within reach of my office desk :smug:

Nice. Just so you pokemon Go'ers know, my mom plays that game.