Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"I'm just getting started" :geno:

Baby, C'mon, he's only on the 2nd track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

This is super good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just stumbled across a new thread title I think.

https://twitter.com/gdanielholloway/status/756296683747631104

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I wasn't super into Luke Cage before the trailer but now I'm all in for a fighting style that's just "Rip things out of other things to use as weapons, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction style :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's absolutely perfect.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ. Gimme dat. Defenders, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, I just can't loving wait for 2017 already.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Luke Cage will be premiering September 30th this year, not 2017, so in two and a half months. Less even. I really like that Defenders teaser, even if mostly for the music. Ripping away bits of paper to show letters in the font of each show's logo is great as well though.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

X-O posted:

Just stumbled across a new thread title I think.

https://twitter.com/gdanielholloway/status/756296683747631104

I need a level beyond "Sold."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy crap.... and Sugar Bates playing Wise Black Man again. IN!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I love all these new things they are showing. Luke Cage's take on a hallway fight... hnnff. It's actually going to be interesting to see how they give him a challenge, being super strong and with unbreakable skin. Iron Fist is still the great unknown, but after much discussion about if they were even going to end up making it, just seeing it's a real thing now gets me hype. And a Defenders teaser just as a reminder we're getting a goddamn Netflix all-star team-up which is going to kick all the rear end.

Two months to Luke Cage. Want. Want so much.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I think I'm most curious to see how Daredevil meshes with the others. Luke, Jessica, and seemingly Danny are all a little more interconnected, and at least in the case of Luke and Jessica they don't try to hide who they are or what they do. Going to be strange if all of them are hanging out calling each other by their first names, except everyone has to call Matt "Daredevil."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Luke's not unbeatable. Jessica took him down and she was trying not to to hurt him. If anything that pretty much showed a huge vulnerability. Luke may be able to let bullets bounce off him, knives break, and fists hit concrete but if you give him a good enough shot you can still knock poo poo around inside.

I love the idea of that action, though. Luke isn't a fighter because he's never had to learn to train like Matt or Danny or even Jessica. He's just a big tank that wrecks poo poo. And in that will probably be his challenge when he's not just taking on dumb thugs but actually takes on someone powerful or smart enough to come at him sideways.

Love this whole thing and am so excited to see The Defenders really start to come together as a reality. I don't know much about Cage either besides the Alias/New Avengers run but I don't know much about any of these guys really, and that's kind of extra fun compared to the comic movies/shows where I know everything and am just waiting to see how it fits in. The Defenders are all pretty much new stories for me even if I'm somewhat familiar with the leads.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beat him Unbreakable style: drowning.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

STAC Goat posted:

I love the idea of that action, though. Luke isn't a fighter because he's never had to learn to train like Matt or Danny or even Jessica.

I don't think Jessica had any training either given how she fights.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, her and Luke both never had to learn to actually fight on account of being way more super powered than anyone they throw down with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought she had a little self defense in response to her ptsd but as I type that I realize I must have been stupidly thinking of Trish.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Am I the only one that finds "The world is ready for a bulletproof black man" to be INCREDIBLY tone-deaf in light of recent events?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes, because you assume the connection is unintentional.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Perhaps the part where he stops and pulls up his hoodie just before getting shot up a whole lot was just too subtle?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I already feel like I'm going to miss a load of social commentary in this episode as a non-American, since the hood pulling thing would never have clicked with me as something that has social connections and instead just seemed like impromptu disguising similar to the black mask Matt wore for a while i.e. something he had close at hand to hide his features from casual inspection.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I thought she had a little self defense in response to her ptsd but as I type that I realize I must have been stupidly thinking of Trish.

Bring us Hellcat, please, netflix

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ShakeZula posted:

I think I'm most curious to see how Daredevil meshes with the others. Luke, Jessica, and seemingly Danny are all a little more interconnected, and at least in the case of Luke and Jessica they don't try to hide who they are or what they do. Going to be strange if all of them are hanging out calling each other by their first names, except everyone has to call Matt "Daredevil."

I'm most interested to see if and how the Punisher meshes with the gang, now that he's getting his own series. I can understand not including him in the Defenders, but Bernthal did an amazing job with the character.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Apparently every episode of Luke Cage is going to be named after a Gang Starr song.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I sure hope that's true.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Phuzzy posted:

Bring us Hellcat, please, netflix

Netflix, make JJS2 into Hellcat S1. Please.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tsob posted:

I already feel like I'm going to miss a load of social commentary in this episode as a non-American, since the hood pulling thing would never have clicked with me as something that has social connections and instead just seemed like impromptu disguising similar to the black mask Matt wore for a while i.e. something he had close at hand to hide his features from casual inspection.

Hoodies is a huge ! to people who get scared easily, to the point that you have parents advising their kids to not wear it. I'm gonna love all the social commentary that's part and parcel of watching a huge guy wreck poo poo.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Isn't Luke Cage a bit more jovial than he's shown in the trailer? Or am I mistaken and he's actually as dour as he's portrayed in these shows?

I always thought he had a bit of banter to him in the comics.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CommaToes posted:

Isn't Luke Cage a bit more jovial than he's shown in the trailer? Or am I mistaken and he's actually as dour as he's portrayed in these shows?

He just wants his money, honey.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

CommaToes posted:

In the MCU, he lost his wife not all that long ago. So he might not be in the mood for yellow spandex.

Also, who is the actor in the suit at the end of the trailer? I swear I've seen him in something before.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

notthegoatseguy posted:

In the MCU, he lost his wife not all that long ago. So he might not be in the mood for yellow spandex.

Also, who is the actor in the suit at the end of the trailer? I swear I've seen him in something before.

Have you watched House of Cards?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CommaToes posted:

I don't think we've gotten to see him in a good moment yet. In JJ he was revenge hunting for the guy he thought killed his wife, and then poo poo went even more sideways from there.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm pretty sure it's been several years since then, given that it happened about the time Jessica thought she killed Kilgrave, and while it'll obviously still hurt it probably isn't raw given that he's comfortable having relationships with other women. I presume they're just making him a more serious person to fit what is almost definitely a more serious show.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CommaToes posted:

Much like any comicbook character from Marvel or DC it depends who is writing him and in what period, but I'd say he is generally fairly laid back.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

SiKboy posted:

Much like any comicbook character from Marvel or DC it depends who is writing him and in what period, but I'd say he is generally fairly laid back.

His origin is fairly dark though, experimented on in prison and has moments where he can get very serious.

My hope is that they somehow do a Spider-Man/Daredevil/Punisher mini series.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lycus posted:

Have you watched House of Cards?

Oh poo poo, it is him. He just...looks younger in Luke Cage, for some reason. Or maybe it is being dressed in a suit rather than restaurant garb.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Luke will also probably chill out more once he starts hanging out with Danny.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Oh poo poo, it is him. He just...looks younger in Luke Cage, for some reason. Or maybe it is being dressed in a suit rather than restaurant garb.

Not that guy.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lycus posted:

Not that guy.

gently caress me. Yeah, it's Remy's actor.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Wow. That's uh....wow

But yeah, I;m liking this. Can't wait til September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CommaToes posted:

I thought his "I'm just getting started." kinda showed that side. It's not spoken with a brooding growl, but with a matter-of-fact poo poo disturber sort of tone.