Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Remember when Side-Line used to have forums? Heh heh.

I'm so stupidly excited for Pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm gonna see PIG.

Assemblage 23 also touring in North America at the same time. They're always fun. His live drummer is a really swell guy, btw.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Tom Shear is one of the swellest guys around already so no surprise he'd have swell guys with him. Dude is literally the only opinionated "celebrity" I follow on Facebook, and it's an absolute joy to do so.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

Tom Shear is one of the swellest guys around already so no surprise he'd have swell guys with him. Dude is literally the only opinionated "celebrity" I follow on Facebook, and it's an absolute joy to do so.

Last time I saw A23 it was Tom Shear doing a small bar, no backing band. For this tour, will he be with a band? +1 on him being a great dude.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Facebook shows this:

Tom Shear - music, lyrics, vocals
Paul Seegers - Live keys
Mike Jenney - Live drums

I've never seen him with support either.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Kaddish posted:

Revolting Cocks are doing six dates with their 2011 WaxTrax! 30th anniversary lineup: Richard23, Chris Connelly, Luc Van Acker, Paul Barker. I was at that show and it was a ton of fun. I'll be at the Tampa show.

http://www.side-line.com/ex-revolting-cocks-members-reunite-for-6-usa-dates-as-the-cocks/

Boo - no LA stop :(

I missed them twice in their heyday because they had the uncanny knack for coming to town in the middle of finals week.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Somehow, in years of hearing their name around, I missed actually hearing anything by Mesh. I've had "Just Leave Us Alone" (2013) on loop for two days. OH MY GOD they lay the angst on thick. This should be the soundtrack to teenage heartbreak. The new single "Kill Your Darlings" isn't quite as good, but then, what is.

Dependent Records seem to be progressively putting up their entire catalogue on Bandcamp, which gives new and unparalleled opportunities to give them money. Mostly quite cheap too, compared to the CD - but then, bunging someone five quid is the polite thing to do in the indie scene.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Kaddish posted:

Revolting Cocks are doing six dates with their 2011 WaxTrax! 30th anniversary lineup: Richard23, Chris Connelly, Luc Van Acker, Paul Barker. I was at that show and it was a ton of fun. I'll be at the Tampa show.

http://www.side-line.com/ex-revolting-cocks-members-reunite-for-6-usa-dates-as-the-cocks/

Fuuuuck. Wonder if I could pull off taking a train there and back again from a state up.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You know, just before Front Line Assembly's set I told Something Awful Forums User Prop Wash I didn't really care what they played as long as they didn't drop Prophecy and Resist from their usual setlist because it was a festival. Well, what they dropped was Final Impact and instead of Prophecy they played Shifting Through The Lens which I'm entirely fine with because a) I didn't see it coming because they haven't played it this year b) I love Shifting Through The Lens :colbert:

Also oh yeah, FLA was loving amazing holy poo poo. The Echogenetic material works unbelievably well live, especially Deadened which just kicked all kinds of rear end. The audience was also really into it as well which was awesome. After the show Prop Wash said he's considering quitting his job just so he can follow FLA around. I might join him.

As for the other bands I caught at Amphi today:

I don't seem to like Solitary Experiments as much as I thought I did. It's fine live, but... it's fine. See Neuroticfish below.

Megaherz is great live but the audience just isn't that into the newer songs :/

Stahlzeit (Rammstein tribute band) was really fun. Of course, it's no substitute for the real thing but really it kind of is? I mean, at a smaller festival like this at least, that is. The singer had Lindemann's voice and mannerisms down pat, the limited amount of pyros and props they had were authentic and big enough for the stage and the band sounded as close to the real thing as possible on a stage and sound system probably like a quarter of the size the real band usually operates on. It was fun and I was sprayed by fake-Lindemann's fake-cock juice right in the face during Bück dich which was the first song. Good poo poo.

Spetsnaz was fantastic and I need to listen to them.

Aesthetic Perfection was partly cringeworthy garbage and partly actually quite tasteful and a lot of fun. Daniel's voice, however, is one part awful and another part also really awful. His keyboarder stole the show, at times somehow managing to perch on his keyboards like some kind of bird which was good & cool

I enjoyed Neuroticfish more than Solitary Experiments but I'm just kind of moderately burned out on this kind of futurepop at this point, I guess.

Tomorrow: At least Covenant, Project Pitchfork and Joachim Witt!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 23, 2016

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The entire FLA set was fantastic. Not a miss among the set list, and he worked Echogenetic stuff into the older material very well. It was about half and half I think? A lot of the songs on Echogenetic that sound a bit dramatic on the album (Blood, Deadened) sound great live. I may have to put my groupie plans on hold though, looks like this was their last date in 2016.

Not having a proper appreciation for older vs newer Megaherz, I thought the entire set was fun. Same for Spetznaz, whom I knew nothing about prior to the show. I'll definitely be checking them out in the future.

Aesthetic Perfection was... the lead singer sounds like a croakier Fred Durst. Having seen Limp Bizkit in my misspent youth, this was not a selling point for me. Like CAN! said, the guy on the keyboard was really fun to watch. There was so much fog machine that you really didn't get to see him too often, but when you did he often had both legs up on his bench. I guess that's a good summary of the set: the keyboard guy was fun to watch. There were a few good tracks, which I'll post out of fairness when I get back to my computer at home.

Luckily there's no such thing as too much futurepop because I thought Neuroticfish did a good job being Neuroticfish. The only songs they played off their new album that I can remember were Silence and Is It Dead, which I thought were interesting choices, but of course you also got The Bomb, Velocity, Music for a Paranormal Life and so on. Not much variation from the recorded versions, but I suppose that happens when you go on hiatus for so long.

Great first day, looking forward to Covenant, Project Pitchfork and Editors!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Amphi hot take: I feel bad for the two or three dozen 16-year-olds who thought third row center was a good place to stand for Project Pitchfork

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Amphi hot take: I feel bad for the two or three dozen 16-year-olds who thought third row center was a good place to stand for Project Pitchfork

It was and is, in fact, the Correct Place to stand for Project Pitchfork :colbert:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I seem to have made it back to my temporary home in Aachen from Amphi Festival. I'm dead but before I die, here's the rest of my Amphi report

I'd seen Beyond Obsession as And One's support last year and liked it. Liked it well enough this time around as well. Just some well-made synthpop stuff by people who genuinely seem to enjoy what they do, even if it's nothing spectacularly innovative. I don't think I've ever seen a band who just looks so happy to be on stage as these two dudes.

Solar Fake was good but I just can't see what makes the band so special that people love it so much. Their sound certainly isn't anything I haven't heard before a hundred times. Is it just because of Sven Friedrich? It is, isn't it. Everyone loves him for some reason. He did a feat thing yesterday with Aesthetic Perfection and today with Project Pitchfork as well.

Suicide Commando is sssssoooooooooooo edddgggyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it was alright as far as these aggrotech bands go, I guess. But yeah they try really really hard to be super edgy that it just ends up being kind of funny and also most of their songs sound the exact same.

I'm so glad I finally got to see Covenant live. So, so lovely! Eskil is such a fantastic frontman and it all is so energetic and uplifting and pretty and I love it. Prop Wash had a funny observation about Covenant looking and being like professors but I can't remember what he said anymore because I'm dead. We actually got to hear the new single Sound Mirrors - sounded alright but not mindblowing. I think it'll be necessary to hear the studio version to appreciate the musicianship these motherfuckers have.

As those aforementioned teenagers might've noticed, Project Pitchfork was just nuts. Three drummers blasting away, Spilles shouting, people in the pit flying everywhere. Daniel Myer pulled double duty today as he played with Covenant AND covered for Jürgen Jansen once again. I did the unthinkable this time and left the fray during one of the last Pitchfork songs so I could be sure I'd actually get in to see

Joachim Witt. Here's a dude with more charisma in his little finger than most entire bands have. On top of his incredible voice at the cool age of 67, excellent songwriting skills and a truly captivating stage presence he also manages to be really funny. Just an incredible artist and an incredible career.

Also, Prop Wash is a really nice dude and it was great to meet a fellow goon from this old gay dead thread of ours :)

Ok I think I need to amputate my feet now, bye

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 25, 2016

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah man it was a really great time, thanks for showing me where to stand during Project Pitchfork (front and center, we got really close, it was awesome). I can confirm that there are two living people in this thread now (except maybe if CAT rear end now!!! is now dead, RIP)

Solar Fake was fine

I hate Suicide Commando because I'll dance to drat near anything even if it has disgusting lyrics and aesthetics and I guess gently caress this band? They had the best visual setup of the entire show, which is a shame because mostly it was pictures of corpses.

Covenant was excellent. My first time seeing them and they didn't disappoint. It's nice that Eskil's stage presence is so positive - he seemed to be genuinely having a great time and the crowd was really energized. A nice mix of songs, including a lot of classics but also Lightbringer, which was surprisingly great live. I think Daniel Myer was also singing during it? I said he looked like a gremlin that works at a university, which is a little mean but on the other hand:

That's still better than what I said about Mono Inc on Saturday, which is that their lead singer looks like Phil from the Rugrats:

It was my first Project Pitchfork show as well, and they also didn't disappoint. Three drummers is a lot of drummers but they made it work. The crowd was going crazy, and they played a great setlist, and yeah. I feel a little bad because other than their classics I didn't know a lot of the lyrics because I don't listen to them a lot at home. I'll have to fix that because I'm definitely going to more of their shows in the future.

Here we split and I saw Editors instead. They played an excellent set - I knew very little about Editors previously, except that they were really popular. They turned out to be a great closing band! Kind of a new wave/indie rock thing, a little bit like Joy Division I guess? Here's some songs if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvBLM86lP9s Life is a Fear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWtuTmiGLM Munich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdDgtT18EA A Ton of Love (Live)

As far as Aesthetic Perfection goes, I found the song I liked, which is appropriate because it sounds more synthpoppy and much less like the rest of their work :v: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VzBA6Didx4 - Never Enough

also to follow up on Spetsnaz, here's a very good song that really highlights their aesthetic. Listening to it now I'm not surprised they work well live. What sounds almost a little too tight on the recording just really fills the venue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9T6qjndQ5o Free Fall

ok that's it, other people can post in this thread now

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 25, 2016

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Man I need to travel to see Project Pitchfork so bad. Ideally some festival with Ashbury Heights in it too. I think they're my final two bucketlist bands.

If you like that Aesthetic Perfection song ... check out the entire "Necessary Response - Blood Spills Not Far From The Wound" album ... or potentially the remake rebranded as Aesthetic Perfection.

The "Necessary Response" version though is probably closest to your synthpoppy tastes. (It was originally a mysterious one-off with a deceptive MySpace and history, I guess slight piss-take of Imperative Reaction? It took a while before people realised 'Necessary Response' was Daniel Graves. It was fun reading Side-Line at the time.)

The killer track for me back in the day was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC62o0XVGJQ

There are lots great songs on it though. The remake is okay, better at moments, but more "punky Graves vocals" if that makes sense.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 25, 2016

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Man I need to travel to see Project Pitchfork so bad. Ideally some festival with Ashbury Heights in it too. I think they're my final two bucketlist bands.

If you like that Aesthetic Perfection song ... check out the entire "Necessary Response - Blood Spills Not Far From The Wound" album ... or potentially the remake rebranded as Aesthetic Perfection.

The "Necessary Response" version though is probably closest to your synthpoppy tastes. (It was originally a mysterious one-off with a deceptive MySpace and history, I guess slight piss-take of Imperative Reaction? It took a while before people realised 'Necessary Response' was Daniel Graves. It was fun reading Side-Line at the time.)

The killer track for me back in the day was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC62o0XVGJQ

There are lots great songs on it though. The remake is okay, better at moments, but more "punky Graves vocals" if that makes sense.

Ha! Good call, Vapor was the other track I really liked. The New Black was pretty fun too, although like I said I really just can't get over his voice. I stand by my statement that he sounds like a croaky Fred Durst, and as a native North Carolinian I know me some Fred Durst. On the Necessary Response project he sounds a lot like the lead singer of Iris though, which Wikipedia has informed me is a genre called "indietronica":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOKQf9H_tk

Speaking of Iris they had a really great synthpop track remixed by Intuition on the newest Electronic Saviors compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTENYcFuDY

And to follow up on the Daniel Myer talk from the concert, this is the album I was talking about (which someone else may or may not have posted earlier): "we are the alchemists," featuring Architect, Hologram_ and Sonic Area https://audiotrauma2.bandcamp.com/album/we-are-the-alchemists

It's mostly experimental, no vocals, etc. but very good.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

I was pretty disappointed by Ashbury Heights live. The music was good but the guy couldn't sing like he did in the studio and it was really noticeable since his voice is such a strong part of it. I don't expect studio perfection in a live performance, but at times it was really off and distracting. Maybe it was just an off-day though? Not as bad as one time I saw Covenant and Eskil was so drunk that he kept forgetting the words and going out of time, but that was also hilarious to be honest.

Everyone should listen to Spetsnaz though. All the time.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I listened to those AP songs again and clicked through to a new song/video and wow, his voice just keeps getting worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazXORYWiFA

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Ha! Good call, Vapor was the other track I really liked. The New Black was pretty fun too, although like I said I really just can't get over his voice. I stand by my statement that he sounds like a croaky Fred Durst, and as a native North Carolinian I know me some Fred Durst. On the Necessary Response project he sounds a lot like the lead singer of Iris though, which Wikipedia has informed me is a genre called "indietronica":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOKQf9H_tk

Speaking of Iris they had a really great synthpop track remixed by Intuition on the newest Electronic Saviors compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTENYcFuDY

And to follow up on the Daniel Myer talk from the concert, this is the album I was talking about (which someone else may or may not have posted earlier): "we are the alchemists," featuring Architect, Hologram_ and Sonic Area https://audiotrauma2.bandcamp.com/album/we-are-the-alchemists

It's mostly experimental, no vocals, etc. but very good.

Yo thanks for the links! We Are The Alchemists does indeed sound fantastic. It generally seems like a safe bet that anything Daniel Myer has had a hand in will be great. That man is some sort of wizard.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Not as bad as one time I saw Covenant and Eskil was so drunk that he kept forgetting the words and going out of time, but that was also hilarious to be honest.

I'm glad we got a happy and not-drunk Eskil. Maybe it was early enough in the day. We did spot him buying some grilled salmon after the festival, still in his white suit, though. Eskil Doing Things is something this world needs more of.

And yes I will definitely listen to Spetsnaz now! They managed to put on a hell of a show with just two dudes in t-shirts and their logo projected behind them.

edit: Wasn't there a story in this thread where a very drunk Eskil tried to hit on someone and I want to say Twiin came to their aid by claiming to be the husband? And then Eskil challenged Twiin to a chess match? I tried to relate this tale to Prop Wash but couldn't really remember it too well.

edit2: It was Twiin! Ah, the early days of this then-brand-new industrial thread:

Twiin posted:

Ladies and sirs of SA, I present to you my greatest work:

I had to pretend to be my friend's husband to get a very drunk Eskil from Covenant to stop hitting on her. It didn't really work. Instead, he challenged me to a duel. A chess duel.

Which of course made it obvious to me that he had heard so much about THE LEGENDARY AD·VER·SARY, and he was just too starstruck to ask for an autograph! So I wrote the nice kid out one.

You can't really tell in this photo, but he was actually drunk enough to be totally excited by the autograph. This is when my friend and I couldn't keep it together anymore, and we had to flee the scene.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 25, 2016

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Prop Wash posted:

Here we split and I saw Editors instead. They played an excellent set - I knew very little about Editors previously, except that they were really popular. They turned out to be a great closing band! Kind of a new wave/indie rock thing, a little bit like Joy Division I guess? Here's some songs if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvBLM86lP9s Life is a Fear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWtuTmiGLM Munich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdDgtT18EA A Ton of Love (Live)

Editors are the bee's knees, and I'm glad to have seen them live once years ago - they're really good live as you saw. Besides Joy Division I hear Echo and the Bunnymen when I listen to them (A Ton of Love is a great example of this).

I'll add some more Editors songs because why not?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg2vpkGQadM Formaldehyde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cov-xFYmYyU An End Has a Start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhKKy2EoWu8 Someone Says

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I was pretty disappointed by Ashbury Heights live. The music was good but the guy couldn't sing like he did in the studio and it was really noticeable since his voice is such a strong part of it. I don't expect studio perfection in a live performance, but at times it was really off and distracting. Maybe it was just an off-day though? Not as bad as one time I saw Covenant and Eskil was so drunk that he kept forgetting the words and going out of time, but that was also hilarious to be honest.

From the live footage I've seen he usually sounds "fine". Not amazing, but often pretty good. I'd put it down to inexperience more. And there are a few videos out there where he's just completely bang on.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm glad we got a happy and not-drunk Eskil. Maybe it was early enough in the day. We did spot him buying some grilled salmon after the festival, still in his white suit, though. Eskil Doing Things is something this world needs more of.

poo poo man, "happy and not-drunk" Eskil singing "Happy Man" is strangely depressing as gently caress.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

poo poo man, "happy and not-drunk" Eskil singing "Happy Man" is strangely depressing as gently caress.

https://youtu.be/dZ-Gh5aGPMw

:smith:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Wizchine posted:

Editors are the bee's knees, and I'm glad to have seen them live once years ago - they're really good live as you saw. Besides Joy Division I hear Echo and the Bunnymen when I listen to them (A Ton of Love is a great example of this).

I'll add some more Editors songs because why not?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg2vpkGQadM Formaldehyde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cov-xFYmYyU An End Has a Start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhKKy2EoWu8 Someone Says

I saw Editors open for Hot Hot Heat.
I am old.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

magiccarpet posted:

I am old.

Ditto. I still wear my United States of Mind tour shirt too from when i saw covenant with and one in like...,99? Christ.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

magiccarpet posted:

I am old.

I compared them to Echo and the Bunnymen. I saw Echo and the Bunnymen live in support of Songs to Learn and Sing in 1985. I'm Methuselah.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Help it's been two days now and Ritual Noise is still stuck in my head

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

New Ashbury Heights vlog song is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbFXZQXheYA

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haha... I will probably never listen to that again, though it was definitely fun. Just interesting how one of my absolute favourite bands can't make me enjoy a very different genre.

edit: and I love it on the second listen :(

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 28, 2016

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Well that was Cardigans as all heck.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

teethgrinder posted:

Haha... I will probably never listen to that again, though it was definitely fun. Just interesting how one of my absolute favourite bands can't make me enjoy a very different genre.

edit: and I love it on the second listen :(

I hadn't really watched their vlog stuff until now and it's making me like them even more. I am interested in this whole upcoming waltz thing

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I've loved both songs from the vlog so far so I hope they keep doing this for a while. It also makes me hope they start putting out some of the tracks they haven't used for albums, because even this stuff, quickly made and unpolished, sounds really good.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Flying Squirrel posted:

I hadn't really watched their vlog stuff until now and it's making me like them even more. I am interested in this whole upcoming waltz thing
I find them ridiculously endearing and earnest. Couple of lovestruck dorks. Who happen to make great music.

Armor-Piercing posted:

I've loved both songs from the vlog so far so I hope they keep doing this for a while. It also makes me hope they start putting out some of the tracks they haven't used for albums, because even this stuff, quickly made and unpolished, sounds really good.
If I remember correctly there's a new album coming out soon which will be stuff that was already mostly written/ready, but didn't really fit with the last one.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here's a pretty good video of Project Pitchfork at Amphi

https://youtu.be/NPaJMBbvjcA

Prop Wash and I are somewhere in the jumping mass of people right in front of the stage that can be seen at around 1:00

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

divabot posted:

Somehow, in years of hearing their name around, I missed actually hearing anything by Mesh. I've had "Just Leave Us Alone" (2013) on loop for two days. OH MY GOD they lay the angst on thick. This should be the soundtrack to teenage heartbreak. The new single "Kill Your Darlings" isn't quite as good, but then, what is.

Oh good, someone else likes Mesh. I am usually hestitant to bring them up around here lest I get yawned at.
I've had Automation Baby in my car CD player off and on since its release and it's been on loop nonstop as I wait for their new album. I've preordered the super duper limited edition and I hope it makes it to the USA without any fuss.

I think someone commented on their facebook once, regarding some of Mark's lyrics: "Oh you poor baby, what did she DO to you?" because some of the themes and phrases, yikes.

The songwriting is superb though. Despite being a bit generic, it's like each of their songs came out of a group who went specifically to "how to write an amazing melodic song" school and aced all the final exams.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I really like We Collide! Oddly never really picked up much else of theirs. Have an earlier album kicking around somewhere.

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!
Mesh also sound loving fantastic live, exactly like their recordings. I was super impressed and they put on a great show. I went to the show specifically for Iris but Mesh blew them out of the water when it came to live vocals. Sorry Reagan :cry:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Iris and Mesh sounds like a hell of a show.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I think I saw them together too ... possibly with De/Vision as well? All were awesome, but gently caress I remember Mesh well and yeah, they possibly put on the very best live synthpop show I've ever seen. Serious loving drumming too.

edit: poo poo yeah found my stubs ... I forgot, Assemblage 23 too!!

There was a "Legends of Synthpop" tour with the first three bands, and A23 happened to be looking for a place to play in Toronto the same night.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Here's a pretty good video of Project Pitchfork at Amphi

https://youtu.be/NPaJMBbvjcA

Prop Wash and I are somewhere in the jumping mass of people right in front of the stage that can be seen at around 1:00

I'm visible in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oexqoLnFxU at 2:40, but only after that weird dude with the blue facepaint moves his head, dunno what his deal is

xov posted:

Oh good, someone else likes Mesh. I am usually hestitant to bring them up around here lest I get yawned at.
I've had Automation Baby in my car CD player off and on since its release and it's been on loop nonstop as I wait for their new album. I've preordered the super duper limited edition and I hope it makes it to the USA without any fuss.

I think someone commented on their facebook once, regarding some of Mark's lyrics: "Oh you poor baby, what did she DO to you?" because some of the themes and phrases, yikes.

The songwriting is superb though. Despite being a bit generic, it's like each of their songs came out of a group who went specifically to "how to write an amazing melodic song" school and aced all the final exams.

Nah I hadn't listened to them before and they/he sounds pretty good, the "electro" part of this thread basically stands for synthpop anyway. Speaking of which, Aesthetic Perfection's synthpoppy stuff was really good and unfortunately it habituated me to his voice and now I'm just listening to Aesthetic Perfection help please

It makes me mad because now that I am used to his voice I wish I could go back and watch the live show again, but enjoy it more this time

edit: antibody still sucks though, he rhymes body with body with body with body with body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
There's a new Spray single! It's The Night Of The Long Knives, Charlie Brown. I expect nobody else here to care, but it sure made my evening.