Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

johnny's last indie date is 9/23 in cleveland

That's awesome. Gargano is one of those dudes who really deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

johnny's last indie date is 9/23 in cleveland

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/756160294389358592

The_Rob posted:

Kinda one of the last guys who broke into the indies when WWE was not really a consideration for all but a few.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

for about the past year he's been the hardest working man in wrestling. Couldn't happen to a better guy

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The_Rob posted:

No one deserves to work in Cleveland

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Gargano getting a legit WWE deal probably means Candice will retire sooner rather than later too

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Gargano getting a legit WWE deal probably means Candice will retire sooner rather than later too

I really see her getting picked up by wwe at some point. It may be me being hopeful and it isn't based on anything, but I really see her getting picked up by them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've always really liked this documentary about Johnny. Really happy to hear about this.

http://youtu.be/3_4zaBpHsm0

http://youtu.be/o9i5QaChkjQ

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm excited for tomorrow, going to the AIW show. He's been at every AIW show I've been to for the last few years so it's going to be weird when he's not there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

I really see her getting picked up by wwe at some point. It may be me being hopeful and it isn't based on anything, but I really see her getting picked up by them.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't. I mean she's blonde for gently caress's sake.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
70 bucks per night for BOLA, drat

Hopefully that's just for the weekend because of the all the big names they're booking and not the regular price going forward

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

70 bucks per night for BOLA, drat

Hopefully that's just for the weekend because of the all the big names they're booking and not the regular price going forward

I feel like the last two years have dictated ticket sales too. I really hope this isn't permanent. I'd hate to see PWG price themselves out of getting potential new audience members.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean, on some level they'd be stupid to not charge as much as they can get away with until tickets stop selling out in three minutes every show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Heard mixed things. But I personally think she'd prefer to start a family over a WWE/NXT contract. But she's very much on WWE's radar.

Hope she wrestles in the WWE Women's Classic if there is one. Candice vs Bayley is a career ambition for both too. I hope that happens.

I was really happy that she wrestled on the ROH card in Baltimore the other week. She's the biggest name on the indies who hasn't wrestled for ROH or EVOLVE. Her doing so gave me pause for thought whether she's overdue being called an indie legend or whatever too.

rovert fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 22, 2016

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I need to borrow $1000

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
:-(

https://twitter.com/CandiceLeRae/status/756578063949918208

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mob posted:

I need to borrow $1000

what's the $1000 for

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Mob posted:

I need to borrow $1000

If you plan on documenting your evening with Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell we can talk.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

neonbregna posted:

If you plan on documenting your evening with Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell we can talk.

No, it's for ten 90 second promos by Matt Hardy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tomorrow!

also appearing: Colt Cabana, Davey Vega, Dezmond Xavier

doors at 530, sounds like theres some standing room tix available at the door but no GA

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/755185387992125440
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/756501182777028608

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I've got an extra fifth row ticket if anybody hasn't grabbed one yet and doesn't want to stand.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean, on some level they'd be stupid to not charge as much as they can get away with until tickets stop selling out in three minutes every show.

Capitalism demands. Seriously, gently caress scalpers, and if people love the wrestling, having $10 tickets is stupid. $70 for a fantastic night sounds good to me.

Pay the boys what they're worth!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wazzu posted:

Capitalism demands. Seriously, gently caress scalpers, and if people love the wrestling, having $10 tickets is stupid. $70 for a fantastic night sounds good to me.

Pay the boys what they're worth!

70 bucks is honestly a lot though. I agree we should be paying good money for good wrestling, and if it keeps going up all they are doing is pricing more and more people out of their shows. Not to mention its 70 bucks for a ticket you'll probably spend like 20 bucks on beer 25 on a t shirt. It's a lot for every month. I'm fine if it's just for bola, they are bringing in lots of big names I just hope this isn't the new standard.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The_Rob posted:

70 bucks is honestly a lot though. I agree we should be paying good money for good wrestling, and if it keeps going up all they are doing is pricing more and more people out of their shows. Not to mention its 70 bucks for a ticket you'll probably spend like 20 bucks on beer 25 on a t shirt. It's a lot for every month. I'm fine if it's just for bola, they are bringing in lots of big names I just hope this isn't the new standard.

When tickets sell out within an hour I'm not sure the price is the biggest factor in keeping people out.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If anyone is going to the Scenic City Invitational in Chattanooga in two weeks and wants to say hi I'll be the overweight guy with a beard

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

KungFu Grip posted:

what's the $1000 for

Front row BOLA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I couldn't tell if you were joking on twitter but theyre $100 not $1000

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Super No Vacancy posted:

I couldn't tell if you were joking on twitter but theyre $100 not $1000

oh I read a typo then. I was trying to figure out how they could cost that much because Oatgan said nobody gets comped and I know workers girlfriends aren't dropping a drat grand

I mean uhh yes that $1000 is to document my evening with Buff Bagwell

edit: Buff is actually in town at my local dirt indie the same night I'll be in Chattanooga for SCI

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Heard mixed things. But I personally think she'd prefer to start a family over a WWE/NXT contract. But she's very much on WWE's radar.

Hope she wrestles in the WWE Women's Classic if there is one. Candice vs Bayley is a career ambition for both too. I hope that happens.

I was really happy that she wrestled on the ROH card in Baltimore the other week. She's the biggest name on the indies who hasn't wrestled for ROH or EVOLVE. Her doing so gave me pause for thought whether she's overdue being called an indie legend or whatever too.

I just want to see one suicide dive DDT on a wwe produced show and I'll be happy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

Who is it pricing out? You'll pay $70 for lovely seats to go to any slightly big touring act. It's decent seats to a baseball game and the cheapest possible seats for UFC.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Who is it pricing out? You'll pay $70 for lovely seats to go to any slightly big touring act. It's decent seats to a baseball game and the cheapest possible seats for UFC.

$50 gets you front row reserved at Evolve

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

exploding mummy posted:

$50 gets you front row reserved at Evolve

you won't see dalton castle, kyle o'reilly, kamaitachi, liger or the aaa/lu guys along with the evolve talent at evolve.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

evolve talent is all you need bb

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
And Evolve books good talent but the atmosphere at their shows still sucks rear end outside of Mania weekend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this conversation is pointless until we have a comparable event to compare ticket prices to i.e. aaw's october tournament a.k.a. the BOLA killer

speaking of AAW, Pentagon Jr is their new champion

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

oatgan posted:

speaking of AAW, Pentagon Jr is their new champion

WHY DID I HAVE TO MISS THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

WHY DID I HAVE TO MISS THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

well then you should make sure not to miss tomasso ciampa vs pentagon jr for the title next month

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

oatgan posted:

well then you should make sure not to miss tomasso ciampa vs pentagon jr for the title next month

I already have tickets for next month, I just couldn't get out of my obligations tonight.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ciampa vs Pentagón is in September

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

it kinda kills the matchup knowing that Ciampa is doing indies for 2 more months and then is NXT full time

maybe they can replace him with Sexy Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

it kinda kills the matchup knowing that Ciampa is doing indies for 2 more months and then is NXT full time

maybe they can replace him with Sexy Star

which is why its going to be cool when ciampa wins the belt in a surprise and the tournament is for the title