Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

edit: okay why don't the forums like imgur anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

A Moose posted:

Cause yer linking the wrong thing you dope

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Cause yer linking the wrong thing you dope

wtf. why did they hide the 1 useful button on that whole stupid page in a mouseover?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Right after uploading the image it'll say "Give your post a title..." at which point you hover over the image, select "get share links" from the dropdown menu and copy the BBcode.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

A Moose posted:

forums just stopped showing poo poo comics about dogs

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Y'all seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of internet minutia. So there was a series of one-off comics made by two brothers, and the one I remember best had Gandalf standing at the entrance to Bag Eng asking Bilbo to go on an adventure; door opens and a giant worm-Bilbo, the same circumference as the door, comes out and then Gandalf rides him.

In return I offer the best comic about vegetarianism on the internet.

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau

there wolf posted:

In return I offer the best comic about vegetarianism on the internet.

Welp I'm convinced. Clearly non-sequitur aphorisms of justification for boring comics is a an effective way to convert people to not eat meat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Are we sure that this is not making fun of vegetarians?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are we sure that this is not making fun of vegetarians?

Definitely looks like it

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Get out of here, stalker!

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

NotAnArtist posted:

Get out of here, stalker!

Get 'em outta here! Out! Out! Out!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Nitrox posted:

Definitely looks like it

This is good. I like this.

Any idea of the source/artist? I'd like to see more of their work.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

No, it was just on front page of imgur.

LogisticEarth posted:

Get 'em outta here! Out! Out! Out!

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

there wolf posted:

Y'all seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of internet minutia. So there was a series of one-off comics made by two brothers, and the one I remember best had Gandalf standing at the entrance to Bag Eng asking Bilbo to go on an adventure; door opens and a giant worm-Bilbo, the same circumference as the door, comes out and then Gandalf rides him.

You're thinking of Dubblebaby. It looks like they're done making new comics though, seeing as how the site hasn't updated in quite a while.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mierenneuker posted:

Right after uploading the image it'll say "Give your post a title..." at which point you hover over the image, select "get share links" from the dropdown menu and copy the BBcode.

Or just right-click the image and "copy image address", which was always the quickest and simplest way to do it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A Moose posted:

wtf. why did they hide the 1 useful button on that whole stupid page in a mouseover?

To quote myself from the China thread:

Gorilla Salad posted:

From what I can make out, this is exactly how they want us to use imgur from now on:

- Chose 'make a post' and drag or select your image to upload. Or click the tiny 'c' on the 'make a post' button and chose what file type you want to upload, because why, I don't know. It does nothing the main button doesn't do.

- Wait for it to upload, then mouseover the image, select the tiny 'c' and chose 'get share links' and copy the code you need.

Simple! :eng99:

I have no idea what the tiny 'c' means or why they have a '7' instead of an 'x' to close popups, but I'm guessing it's a lovely meme injoke.

Every single time imgur does something, they make it worse. This is what happens when autistic nerds design your interface without any outside help. It's the BMW i8 of websites.

In other words, "Hurrr, I'm good at code, so I must also be good at design."

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Seconded. I dug around a bit, but clearly not well enough.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

To quote myself from the China thread:

In other words, "Hurrr, I'm good at code, so I must also be good at design."

What are you even talking about?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I haven't looked at the page, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that the guide was written by someone using noscript. Web 67.0 designers apparently love putting icons into fonts rather than using SVG files directly (or indirectly) for some reason, and noscript blocks the custom fonts from running by default. Instead of icons, you end up with 'c' and '7'

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Sentient Data posted:

I haven't looked at the page, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that the guide was written by someone using noscript. Web 67.0 designers apparently love putting icons into fonts rather than using SVG files directly (or indirectly) for some reason, and noscript blocks the custom fonts from running by default. Instead of icons, you end up with 'c' and '7'

I can confirm this.

Here is Imgur's front page:

And here it is with NoScript running on its default settings:

The default settings also block uploads from happening because Imgur uses Javascript. The reason people use things like Noscript is because Javascript is hugely exploitable and potentially dangerous - and it's likely mostly so exploitable and dangerous because it's such a ubiquitous part of the internet experience that it's an obvious thing to seek out exploits for (not that it couldn't be better - I am not a computer scientist and I don't know the merits or dangers of Javascript specifically).

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Edit: unnecessarily rude

Wizard Master has a new favorite as of 10:57 on Jul 25, 2016

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yes! Thank you. That's been bugging me for years. In gratitude I will not post more dumb diet comics.

Mostly because I don't have anymore.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I can confirm this.

Here is Imgur's front page:

And here it is with NoScript running on its default settings:

The default settings also block uploads from happening because Imgur uses Javascript. The reason people use things like Noscript is because Javascript is hugely exploitable and potentially dangerous - and it's likely mostly so exploitable and dangerous because it's such a ubiquitous part of the internet experience that it's an obvious thing to seek out exploits for (not that it couldn't be better - I am not a computer scientist and I don't know the merits or dangers of Javascript specifically).

Thank you for this. So things are less stupid than I thought.

This is good.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha no.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
There's a comic I'm trying to find called something like "acts of rebellion for the modern workplace" (not the one where the office workers go feral) that was basically like petty ways to react to lovely job conditions... I seem to remember one of them was someone eating a lobster as their sad desk lunch? Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Owlkill posted:

There's a comic I'm trying to find called something like "acts of rebellion for the modern workplace" (not the one where the office workers go feral) that was basically like petty ways to react to lovely job conditions... I seem to remember one of them was someone eating a lobster as their sad desk lunch? Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

I'm phone posting so I can't find the full comic right now, but I'm 99% sure you're talking about Brian McFadden's "Microstrikes for the Modern Workplace"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

LogisticEarth posted:

I'm phone posting so I can't find the full comic right now, but I'm 99% sure you're talking about Brian McFadden's "Microstrikes for the Modern Workplace"

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

That's it! Thanks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like the fact that the woman is reading that very comic the the final panel :3:

Also love the latest arc in Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, with Jared discovering Pokemon Go:

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/its-robot-unicorn-all-over-again

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/game-recognize-game

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BioEnchanted posted:

I like the fact that the woman is reading that very comic the the final panel :3:

Also love the latest arc in Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, with Jared discovering Pokemon Go:

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/its-robot-unicorn-all-over-again

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/game-recognize-game

You can't link those without the first one in the arc of Jared roaming the streets atop his own Gyarados, Mr Fish, in search of Pokemon on his smartphone :allears:.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I understand how Pokemon game works and those comics still don't make sense. Am I too old or something?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nitrox posted:

I understand how Pokemon game works and those comics still don't make sense. Am I too old or something?

There is a new Pokemon game that came out very recently where Pokemons and gyms are located in the "real world" at GPS coordinates, you have to walk around your neighbourhood searching for Pokemans and trying to take over gyms.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Forgot about that first one, just love the moment of mutual machismo.

"See ya at the gym ya Sonofabitch!"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

BioEnchanted posted:

Forgot about that first one, just love the moment of mutual machismo.

"See ya at the gym ya Sonofabitch!"

"sunuva a bitch"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This happened to my aunt before. I guess a robber chickened out but left the deposit slip he wrote his message on. She fills out the deposit slip, and ends up handing the teller a slip that says "I have a gun, give me all the money you have" written on the back of it. The blood drained from the teller's face pretty quick. Luckily she decided to actually ask my aunt if she wrote it rather than just trigger the silent alarm or w/e

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

trapped mouse posted:

This happened to my aunt before. I guess a robber chickened out but left the deposit slip he wrote his message on. She fills out the deposit slip, and ends up handing the teller a slip that says "I have a gun, give me all the money you have" written on the back of it. The blood drained from the teller's face pretty quick. Luckily she decided to actually ask my aunt if she wrote it rather than just trigger the silent alarm or w/e

It's sounds like the set up to a really bad youtube prank video.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

• Locked thread