Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
3s is problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I got CvS2 on Dolphin to work with my fightstick and its great. I haven't played since I was younger and one of my command inputs for Hibiki is 21416+P. I'm not sure how to visualize doing this motion, is it a QCB and then down to the corner and then forward and P? Is there a shortcut or something else to getting this motion consistently?

vvv Oh that makes a lot of sense, thank you.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 23, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Reiley posted:

I got CvS2 on Dolphin to work with my fightstick and its great. I haven't played since I was younger and one of my command inputs for Hibiki is 21416+P. I'm not sure how to visualize doing this motion, is it a QCB and then down to the corner and then forward and P? Is there a shortcut or something else to getting this motion consistently?
qcb hcf

maybe reverse dp, forward would work

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Some SNK games with those motions would have a qcb, f motion as a shortcut. Alternatively you can also do qcbqcb, f if you want.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 23, 2016

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

if you want me to blow your mind, the pretzal has always had a shortcut of 4 qcfs

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Smoking Crow posted:

if you want me to blow your mind, the pretzal has always had a shortcut of 4 qcfs

I've wasted my life.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
That doesn't sound short at all!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
they should have a shortcut for ioris 4 qcf super extension in 13 because i could never remember how many i had done so i just sat there churning butter for the entire animation until it came out

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NHDSINS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3QB6X0PTXF24H&coliid=I15SG8S6IA5FDP

Anyone used this ps3 / ps4 stick? I plan on spending an extra £10 to replace the buttons with Sanwa's, but how is the actual stick itself? I've been using a SFxT fightstick pro for a couple years and not had a problem with that yet. Planning on getting a ps4 stick now I'm getting that console now though. I don't really want one of those Brook converters or anything, I'd rather get a new stick.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
rip nohoho

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Gutcruncher posted:

3s is problematic

It is. Because there isn't an official release on PC.

Smoking Crow posted:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I can rip out the pretzel faster than I can do 4x qcf.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Smoking Crow posted:

you could also do x3 hcb as well

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I can rip out the pretzel faster than I can do 4x qcf.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe on hitbox its faster?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe on hitbox its faster?

If I wanted to take shortcuts, I'd play Kim.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
rip nohoho

reading his blog helped me get into st

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

interrodactyl posted:

rip nohoho

http://www.strevival.com/2016/07/23/rip-nohoho/

Everyone should read this and also check out all the really cool poo poo on nohohos blog, may it forever be archived:

https://curryallergy.blogspot.com/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

I started being thankful
as I was doing the last lap.
I thanked God.
I couldn't believe I was actually
going to win the Championship
with all the anxiety and tension.
I felt His presence.
I visualized, I saw God.
It was a special moment in my life.
An enormous feeling.
I have registered it in my memory,
and it remains a part of me.

man that entry at the top is some poo poo :smith:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

What's that one youtube series where the guy demos a lot of basic fighting game techniques and terminology using GG? I think it even had character specific info relating to each topic in the comments.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Erg posted:

What's that one youtube series where the guy demos a lot of basic fighting game techniques and terminology using GG? I think it even had character specific info relating to each topic in the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki/videos

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.

Erg posted:

That sounds like Airdash Academy:
https://youtu.be/HWfk3tOJjaQ

e: beat me to it

Garnavis fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 24, 2016

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

interrodactyl posted:

rip nohoho

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Blade Arcus is on Steam :psyduck:

Let me repeat this: Blade Arcus, the anime fighter from Sega with characters from the Shining series that nobody knows in the West is on Steam. I'm baffled.

Hell, I expected DFC first if we were going this way. Actually, I expected VF5:FS like two years ago shortly after Valkyria Chronicles showed up, but if it was going to be an anime fighter first, I expected DFC.

Edit: it seems to be entirely published by Studio Saizensen, the developers themselves, so that may explain it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There were 13 entrants for the Blade Arcus side tournament at Evo. About half of them were Japanese. Of the other half, three were from my club, and the other guys were people who had never played the game before entering for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure my city has the only people in NA that play the game. Also they mostly just say it's a busted game with only 5 or so competitive characters and dumb tiers. Yet they've still played it enough to learn how to most of the dumb infinite combos. Sometimes I don't get anime fans.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Saoshyant posted:

Blade Arcus is on Steam :psyduck:

Let me repeat this: Blade Arcus, the anime fighter from Sega with characters from the Shining series that nobody knows in the West is on Steam. I'm baffled.

Hell, I expected DFC first if we were going this way. Actually, I expected VF5:FS like two years ago shortly after Valkyria Chronicles showed up, but if it was going to be an anime fighter first, I expected DFC.

Edit: it seems to be entirely published by Studio Saizensen, the developers themselves, so that may explain it.

All of my Blade Arcus knowledge comes from watching the Anime EVO stream intermittently.

What I got from it was that it had the most boring possible kind of top tiers. Except for the wolfman, who was a hilarious whirling ball of death and ruled.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

attackmole posted:

There were 13 entrants for the Blade Arcus side tournament at Evo. About half of them were Japanese. Of the other half, three were from my club, and the other guys were people who had never played the game before entering for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure my city has the only people in NA that play the game. Also they mostly just say it's a busted game with only 5 or so competitive characters and dumb tiers. Yet they've still played it enough to learn how to most of the dumb infinite combos. Sometimes I don't get anime fans.
the winner got an anime figurine #esports

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'm going to win blade arcus at evo next year

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
lol you can't actually buy it if you're in Japan

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So if I want to buy a stick in the next month or so is the summary in the OP still up to date or is there anything new coming out that I should consider as well?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Goetta posted:

So if I want to buy a stick in the next month or so is the summary in the OP still up to date or is there anything new coming out that I should consider as well?

Nah. Hori RAP or Madcatz TE covers 98% of your needs as far as I can tell.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok, thanks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ive always wondered since i dont play samsho: are the weird jumps done for a reason or are they just there because hey why not. like are they important to the gameplay at all

actually just an explanation of why anyone likes samsho 2 would be cool too. thats the only popular af old game i dont "get"

its ok if the game isnt perfect or anything just started thinking about samsho fsr.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also more games should have cvs2 style 3-sec long low anim unique intros. i feel like repurposing animation and having unique voice lines vs diff chars does a long way in selling a chars personality but lol no one cares about stronger character focus in fgs.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

anime was right posted:

also more games should have cvs2 style 3-sec long low anim unique intros. i feel like repurposing animation and having unique voice lines vs diff chars does a long way in selling a chars personality but lol no one cares about stronger character focus in fgs.

No shut up we need 15 seconds intros that everyone skips.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Night Blade posted:

No shut up we need 15 seconds intros that everyone skips.

i agree, marvel 3 has the best intros

edit: wow i actually forgot how fast marvel 3's intros went by. i guess i just assumed they were longer because of how much character they had.

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 25, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

sharrrk posted:

i agree, marvel 3 has the best intros

Marvel 3 is literally the only game Capcom has put in recent years that did this and it was awesome

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Baal posted:

Marvel 3 is literally the only game Capcom has put in recent years that did this and it was awesome

It also had some unique tag out quotes which was cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baal posted:

yeah i just feel like they shouldnt be skippable as the match finalizes some loading or something

tho that probably makes the game harder to port...