Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
QLD, gently caress yeah! Don't forget home of sitting in the middle lane of the highway 20 under the limit.

Sorry, no accident damage yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Picked up an 02 Boxster S about a month ago, About 49000 miles, 6 speed manual of course; love it, certainly a bit more serious than my Miata. Normally not a bling guy but the 18" wheels are pretty drat slick.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

infraboy posted:

Picked up an 02 Boxster S about a month ago, About 49000 miles, 6 speed manual of course; love it, certainly a bit more serious than my Miata. Normally not a bling guy but the 18" wheels are pretty drat slick.

Nice, what sort of Miata do you have? What major differences do you notice driving around town besides the obvious more power?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

blk posted:

Nice, what sort of Miata do you have? What major differences do you notice driving around town besides the obvious more power?

I have the 99 AE model with the 6 speed (my avatar). The Boxster is a little more luxurious and has great seats, certainly more power, the clutch pedal is a bit heavier and took getting used to, the shifter throws are a little longer, it's a bit heavier than the Miata and with the Mid-engine design it's a bit slower to turn-in but it has tons of grip, firm suspension but great compliance and feel through the steering wheel

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

My first cool car that I got a little over two weeks ago. Here it is after its first wash at a friends place.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

net work error posted:

My first cool car that I got a little over two weeks ago. Here it is after its first wash at a friends place.

One of us, one of us.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

Got a beater with AC so I stop daily driving my Miata.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

Welcome to the black WRX club. Have fun washing it once a week. Do yourself a favor and get a clear bra for the front bumper, rear bumper top surface, and the really god drat wide rocker panels that you will be constantly scraping your feet on when you get in and out of your car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Not mine yet, but will be hopefully later next week once it's had a service and I've organised the paperwork.

2012 Ford Focus Trend Diesel, only 5838kms

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

um excuse me posted:

Welcome to the black WRX club. Have fun washing it once a week. Do yourself a favor and get a clear bra for the front bumper, rear bumper top surface, and the really god drat wide rocker panels that you will be constantly scraping your feet on when you get in and out of your car.

I was talking to a friend about clear bra since he has a black car as well. Is it something simple enough to do yourself or more suited for professionals?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

net work error posted:

I was talking to a friend about clear bra since he has a black car as well. Is it something simple enough to do yourself or more suited for professionals?

Professionals since it is easy to get creases or bubbles in it and then you are fecked.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

That looks really good with those rims on it. I see a cammed corvette every day. and i only assume its cammed due to the lump it has.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I remember someone wanting to sell me C6 wheels for my C5 and thinking nah, I liked the chrome wheels just fine. But that was back in '05 when the C6 was new. 11 years later I'd like to get rid of the chrome but I know I won't bother. At least yours shows me how unnecessary chrome is, but I'd really like the C5's magnesium wheels to keep it nice and era appropriate. Is the ride any stiffer with the larger size?

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Ansith posted:

QLD, gently caress yeah! Don't forget home of sitting in the middle lane of the highway 20 under the limit.

Sorry, no accident damage yet.

Brisbane based? If so I think there are a few of us and we should do a goon drive.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

Uhhhh maybe not the front bumper. There's a lot of complicated curvature going on there. The rear bumper top surface and rocker panels would be pretty straightforward though. Just take your time and don't forget the stuff is completely removable if you gently caress it up.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

davebo posted:

I remember someone wanting to sell me C6 wheels for my C5 and thinking nah, I liked the chrome wheels just fine. But that was back in '05 when the C6 was new. 11 years later I'd like to get rid of the chrome but I know I won't bother. At least yours shows me how unnecessary chrome is, but I'd really like the C5's magnesium wheels to keep it nice and era appropriate. Is the ride any stiffer with the larger size?

I waffled a lot, I was definitely getting rid of the polished wheels, but was originally thinking either the painted version of the same wheel, or the Magnesiums. I ended up with a deal I couldn't pass up for these wheels though so I went for it. I do think they fill out the wheel wells better, especially with the slight drop I did at the same time.

If anything the ride is smoother, since I went from runflats to regular tires.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

Chiwie posted:

Brisbane based? If so I think there are a few of us and we should do a goon drive.

Yep, that picture was on Mount Nebo.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

opengl128 posted:

I waffled a lot, I was definitely getting rid of the polished wheels, but was originally thinking either the painted version of the same wheel, or the Magnesiums. I ended up with a deal I couldn't pass up for these wheels though so I went for it. I do think they fill out the wheel wells better, especially with the slight drop I did at the same time.

If anything the ride is smoother, since I went from runflats to regular tires.

That's a great upgrade. I switched in 2003 when I got a nail and the tire was flat. It certainly didn't run.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Cross post from the Porsche thread, just bought this for $14,500.00 Canadian funbucks while on a business trip a province over, and a 24hr drive away from home. It's an 05 US model with 165 k km.

Did a wash and quick clean and it's practically paying for itself!

and it also came with a second set of wheels:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
We currently have 4 cars in the house, some more practical than others but I'll let you guys decide :v:.

I've since fixed that dent with some lumber and a hammer/ repainted the emblems.

Just got this one, $1400 with roughly 58k miles with 1 owner and I suspect the timing belt might be original. Absolutely no rust other than what was painted on.

Autoexec.bat fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 22, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Why so angry. :(

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
It's hot outside.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Another project has entered my life, there will be a project thread when I get the motivation to write and OP and take pictures of everything included.

1988 M3 race prepped chassis

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Another project has entered my life, there will be a project thread when I get the motivation to write and OP and take pictures of everything included.

1988 M3 race prepped chassis

:henget:

Oh boy.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Partial crosspost from the Porsche/Alberta thread.

Picked up a 1999 911 a couple weeks back.

113K KMs (70K miles). Just going through maintenance items now but it's a driver and clean as hell.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

slidebite posted:

Partial crosspost from the Porsche/Alberta thread.

Picked up a 1999 911 a couple weeks back.

113K KMs (70K miles). Just going through maintenance items now but it's a driver and clean as hell.

Very nice! I've always wondered why the overhangs are more pronounced on the 996/986 and 997/987 compared to earlier and later generations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It is about 6" longer and 1" wider than the 993.

The nose needed to hold the rads which was probably the bulk of it - not sure what the biggest issue would be in the back but the airbox is pretty big. Although, surprisingly enough, when you remove it the rear of motor is actually "relatively" accessible.

e: They really worked hard at aerodynamics too, they probably had to lengthen the snout and rear end a bit to help with that too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 25, 2016

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Bajaha posted:

and it also came with a second set of wheels:

Winters for a Porsche. Love it. Please DO drive it in the white slippery stuff. :canada:

Do you have winter tires for yours, Slidebite? I know Lethbridge gets only slightly more wintery weather each year than Victoria, but I'm curious about your plans.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Plans are to garage it next to the 1400 Kawi. Probably at the inlaws triple.

I wouldn't have turned my nose up at a spare set of Porsche rims though.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Four cars I paid for in total

~ 6 years

~ 3 years (see if you can guess what it is without Google)

~ 4 years

~ 2.5 years so far

While I love the Mazda I still sometimes miss that old Integra

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
That generation integra is glorious. I had an EF for awhile, and want to go back to it, but I also love that generation integra. That integra already comes with a B-series...so a b20vtec would be easier (+ boost?!?) to get done than that EF. Plus 4 doors for occasional kids, and well.. I can't decide.

Eh, who am I kidding? It won't happen any time soon, and they're all pretty mu ch gone in the US anyways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Google street view updated giving some action shots of the mongrel.

That back end really has to drop about 4 inches.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

Google street view updated giving some action shots of the mongrel.

That back end really has to drop about 4 inches.

Why not raise the front?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Why not raise the front?

Because it's a 2 wheel drive truck and a lift would have absolutely no benefit. 34" tires match the curvature of the wheel wells perfectly with a 2 inch gap all the way around. Dropping the back 4 inches would make that match, too. Those 34x11s on there are the largest tire you could possibly fit on the front of a stock height 2wd truck. it's within a hair of rubbing on pretty much everything.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

Because it's a 2 wheel drive truck and a lift would have absolutely no benefit. 34" tires match the curvature of the wheel wells perfectly with a 2 inch gap all the way around. Dropping the back 4 inches would make that match, too. Those 34x11s on there are the largest tire you could possibly fit on the front of a stock height 2wd truck. it's within a hair of rubbing on pretty much everything.

It would have no benefit, other than looks. Same thing with lowering the rear! There's enough wheel and sidewall there that a lift in the front, even a couple inches to minimize the rake, would look really nice.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

It would have no benefit, other than looks. Same thing with lowering the rear! There's enough wheel and sidewall there that a lift in the front, even a couple inches to minimize the rake, would look really nice.

Yeah, but then it would have 4 inches more wheel gap than it needs.

With a twin i-beam truck, lifting or lowering means new beams or new mounts, because the toe and camber change significantly through the travel, so a cut spring or bigger spring creates alignment hell.

The only circumstances i would ever want to lift if is if i got a hold of some cheap long travel coilovers and high angle beams, or a front diff/transfer case/all that other poo poo. Every time i start pricing this stuff out, i remeber it's a $750 truck that probably has 20,000 hours on it, and a $200 flip kit works with that more than $1k in drop beams or a $1k lift kit.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd lower the back and put bags in it so you can still haul poo poo, TBH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

Every time i start pricing this stuff out, i remeber it's a $750 truck that probably has 20,000 hours on it, and a $200 flip kit works with that more than $1k in drop beams or a $1k lift kit.

That makes much more sense. Proceed.