Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo a good golf joke in a long-running comic

Pigs are flying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Pigs are flying

Perfect Friends.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I assume part of the joke is that a putter is not the kind of golf club with which you can hit the golfball long distances?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I do wonder if this is how the Bears and Cats actually met.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

I assume part of the joke is that a putter is not the kind of golf club with which you can hit the golfball long distances?

it is, in fact, the golf club with which you hit the ball the shortest distance

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I just noticed something:

The terrible fear revisited

Why are there cat saucers in the bathroom in Achewood?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that Philippe accidentally hit the caps lock and instead of going back and rewriting those two words he just adds (sorry).

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd like to think that Ray's redesigned Reuben would be served on a platter at a party of non-crap dudes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Here, Achewood presaged Jack in the Box's "Munchie Meals™" with Dudemeal. I am still waiting on a fast casual chain to pull the trigger on the Finisher's Power Plate concept.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheWyrmDude posted:

Wasn't it shown that she clothed baby Beef in a Wonder Bread bag with a cord wrapped around the top?

She also shot his dad while he was in the next room, though that was more two horrible people cancelling each other out.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

She also shot his dad while he was in the next room, though that was more two horrible people cancelling each other out.

While exclaiming she killed Beef, too, since "everything about [his father] should die". That'll do a number on the ol' psyche.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

While exclaiming she killed Beef, too, since "everything about [his father] should die". That'll do a number on the ol' psyche.

In the past I wondered how much that was how she really felt, and how much it just was her lashing out at her ex (and possibly trying to protect them from him; he was physically abusive and all), but this strip indicates a lot of the former.

Also she tried to show up at Roast Beef's wedding, but got arrested for possession of meth. What she intended to do there, or how she would have acted, we don't know.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Dunno if anyone has interest in this, but I used some program to vectorize one of my favorite panels, i'm not good at this, but I still like the result. I wanted a version I could print out and stick somewhere as Art.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Loving Life Partner posted:

Dunno if anyone has interest in this, but I used some program to vectorize one of my favorite panels, i'm not good at this, but I still like the result. I wanted a version I could print out and stick somewhere as Art.

I could definitely see a use for vectorized Achedwood, do you have the original vector hosted online anywhere?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

RZApublican posted:

I could definitely see a use for vectorized Achedwood, do you have the original vector hosted online anywhere?

http://efshare.com/?s=WNFUE

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The site isn't working without flash, could you put it on sendspace?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

RZApublican posted:

The site isn't working without flash, could you put it on sendspace?

Yeah I dunno what that other site was, but here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9h3pgl

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

I could see that as being a fridge magnet. Someone get Onstad on the horn, I think we got his next enterprise!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yeah I dunno what that other site was, but here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9h3pgl

Thanks!

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Johnny Aztec posted:

I could see that as being a fridge magnet. Someone get Onstad on the horn, I think we got his next enterprise!

Hush. You know he won't sell little $4 tchotchkes. It will be artisanal rare earth signed limited edition magnets, two different options released a month apart at an asking price of $650 ($1200 for two!)

When sales disappoint, he will spiral into another black funk and no new Achewood for three years.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Johnny Aztec posted:

i can't wait to send him five bucks for a magnet he will never produce and have him passive-aggressively lash out at me for wanting my product to be delivered and never get my money back either

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe he could call CafePress up.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Loving Life Partner is learning Inkscape

Inkscape, I tell you!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Calaveron posted:

It is also painful to drive with a putter, because the club is meant to transfer all the impact to your hands, as opposed to other clubs which have cushioning designed into the shafts.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

High Lord Elbow posted:

When sales disappoint, he will spiral into another black funk and no new Achewood for three years.

We can only hope.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Pigs are flying

It's the best Achewood strip I've seen in, I think, literally years.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
I ordered his syrups as a present to the woman, who likes that sort of fancy seltzer thing. The paypal receipt came with little ballpoint pen sketches of beef and phillipe, which are now proudly displayed in a pair of dollar-store 2x3 frames.

Everybody wins! (unless you ordered a cookbook)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Merton Blask posted:

I ordered his syrups as a present to the woman, who likes that sort of fancy seltzer thing. The paypal receipt came with little ballpoint pen sketches of beef and phillipe, which are now proudly displayed in a pair of dollar-store 2x3 frames.

That's pretty excellent. I love that kind of customer service charm. I ordered a Klein stein from Clifford Stoll, and it came with all kinds of cool manifold propaganda and pictures of Mr. Stoll with the stein after he'd created it. :allears:

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I bought a twelve pack of Dr. Pepper at Wal-Mart. It had Batman on the cans.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wish some of the blogs would get updated again. Lyle's in particular was really funny.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I keep forgetting that all the characters had Twitter accounts. Did anything very funny happen there?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Tarranon posted:

I keep forgetting that all the characters had Twitter accounts. Did anything very funny happen there?

Everything that happened on Pat's was hilarious. They were all good, but Pat's was pure bitchy gold.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Kinda wish Chris could keep his problems out of the comic and just make it about cats that like to drink and eat

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Darth Windu posted:

Kinda wish Chris could keep his problems out of the comic and just make it about cats that like to drink and eat

If Chris kept his problems out of the comic, there would be no Roast Beef.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

prefect posted:

That's pretty excellent. I love that kind of customer service charm. I ordered a Klein stein from Clifford Stoll, and it came with all kinds of cool manifold propaganda and pictures of Mr. Stoll with the stein after he'd created it. :allears:

Neat. That guy is like the opposite of beef in disposition.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Darth Windu posted:

lol, gently caress you pal

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It's less funny now because he stopped drinking I guess.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Darth Windu posted:

I do not think Achewood is for you my friend

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:siren: https://twitter.com/achewood/status/758971599831695360 :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

, a misdemeanor.