Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Do yourself a favor and blast this

http://youtu.be/k1onj96R7YQ

Still one of my favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Going to see Dopethrone tonight and I'm very excited. Haven't been to a show in a long while, I think the last thing might have been Windhand, more than 2 years ago.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Angryhead posted:

Going to see Dopethrone tonight and I'm very excited. Haven't been to a show in a long while, I think the last thing might have been Windhand, more than 2 years ago.

where they at, eastern europe or something? they're playing here later this week

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 19, 2016

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Dyna Soar posted:

where they at, eastern europe or something? they're playing here later this week

Yeah, seeing them in Estonia.

e: "This next song is also about drugs"
Dopethrone was great.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 19, 2016

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The new Forn tracks are really good

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 21, 2016

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

this is cool, like everything I listen to that comes from Iceland is cool https://0000000.bandcamp.com/album/null-void

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Varg posted:

this is cool, like everything I listen to that comes from Iceland is cool https://0000000.bandcamp.com/album/null-void

I agree because Dynfari

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Varg posted:

sold entirely by the URL

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Currently at Norska/Withered/Inter Arma

Norska rules. Listen to Norska.

edit: Inter Arma. Holy gently caress.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 21, 2016

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

TubeStank posted:

Forn rules and they should have a new track or something coming soonish. They are also going on tour in August with Yellow Eyes and people should go check it out. I'm taking the day off from work to see the Boston show.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

DEAR RICHARD posted:

edit: Inter Arma. Holy gently caress.

I actually don't listen to Inter Arma's records much but they are the real loving deal live.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

TubeStank posted:

got a link? i'm failing at google here

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Hulk Krogan posted:

I actually don't listen to Inter Arma's records much but they are the real loving deal live.

When I saw them back in October, they blew Kylesa away. Their drummer is amazing and the singer is just on another level.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was only a little baked when I saw Inter Arma but I left the show being unsure about whether or not I imagined the whole thing it was so unreal.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

emdash posted:

got a link? i'm failing at google here

I totally mixed up Forn with another band. Once I'm at my computer I'll post the song I meant. Oops.

But yeah I'm really excited for the Forn / Yellow Eyes tour.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Mizmor--not Forn.

poo poo rips: http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/07/20/486727447/vikings-choice-mizmor-iv-inertia-an-ill-compeller

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Polegrinder posted:

When I saw them back in October, they blew Kylesa away. Their drummer is amazing and the singer is just on another level.

He was loving unreal. The last time I saw a drummer that insane live was when I saw Aesop murder his kit for 2 hours.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Yeah, TJ Childers is great on the drums. Got to listen in on my friends talking to him after the show and he's a really nice guy. Also saw his rear end cheeks before the set because there was no place for him to change into his drumming shorts so he just did it on stage, so there's that.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
played with dopethrone last night, super cool guys and the gig was a blast. go see em if you can!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

drat, that album art is great

thanks for the link, listening now

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I think I'm going to hold off on listening to anymore of Yodh until the album comes out, but the track that's available on the Gilead Bandcamp page for them is killer and I can't wait to check out the whole thing.

https://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/yodh

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

New Salem's Pot album came out today. I can't figure out this band. They started with some really heavy and trippy, effect-heavy stuff and then veered off into a country sound and then some straight up rock. Their new album seems to combine all three sounds pretty well though.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Just a heads up if you're in the Orlando area. Sleep is putting on a benefit show for the victims of the nightclub shooting at the Beachum on Tuesday. They're having an auction to start off the show and all the proceeds from ticket sales and the auction are going towards the victims.

I'll be going. Can't wait to see what they have up for sale. Anyone else going?

Edit: http://www.orlandoweekly.com/orland...ent?oid=2509651

A nice news article about the show.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 23, 2016

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Bitchwax late summer North America tour!

Can't wait to see them again.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Detective Thompson posted:

Yeah, TJ Childers is great on the drums. Got to listen in on my friends talking to him after the show and he's a really nice guy. Also saw his rear end cheeks before the set because there was no place for him to change into his drumming shorts so he just did it on stage, so there's that.

Regarding TJ, this recent interview seems notable, it's just one of those weird things I like about people who play music and what influences they have vs. what you think they would be into:

quote:

Q:I remember in previous interviews, bands such as Swans and Radiohead get discussed. And isn’t TJ [Childers, drums] an old-school country fan?

A:In fact, TJ has probably never even heard of Swans. (laughs) I don’t mean that in a derogatory way. He’s from a classic country and rock upbringing, but he’s definitely into heavy metal, as well.

Read More: an interview with Inter Arma, and new song stream, “Primordial Wound” | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/an-interview-with-inter-arma-and-new-song-stream-primordial-wound/?trackback=tsmclip

Their new album is so good. I do have a hard time with the second to last song (Violent Constellations), thought it does have some really cool parts. I'm hoping they don't spend time playing live when I see them in August.
They were really good the last time I saw them and this new material is going to be devastating, I can't wait.

The second song on the album, "An Archer in the Emptiness" is pretty much perfect to my ears. I would call that really good death metal and I will go back and listen to it by itself for years to come. I love the consistent simplicity of the riff verses the drumming changes.
"Transfiguration" - rules, more death/black metal with droney psychedelic doom or what the gently caress?
"Primordial Wound" - some dopesmoker chant stuff that gets kind of abusive with some crypt keeper goblin over a telephone vocals at the end, sign me up!
"The Summer Drones" - The Doors of psychedelic stoner doom metal.
"Potomic" - Gorgeous, what a beautiful piece of music.
"Paradise Gallows" is an experience, it shows how to mix the pretty of Potomic with the heaviness of the rest of the album and still come out looking good.
The last track "Where the Eath Meets the Sky" is a nice chill way to end it because I'm not sure I can take anymore.

One thing that I keep trying to spit out is that there are some obvious influences being shown on this album, but in all cases it's done in such a way as to transcend the "sound of" what is being referenced.
The analogy that comes to mind is if there was a band that was the exact opposite of Dream Theater. :guitar:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Primordial Wound sounds very Melvins-y, especially the vocals.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Just a heads up if you're in the Orlando area. Sleep is putting on a benefit show for the victims of the nightclub shooting at the Beachum on Tuesday. They're having an auction to start off the show and all the proceeds from ticket sales and the auction are going towards the victims.

I'll be going. Can't wait to see what they have up for sale. Anyone else going?

Edit: http://www.orlandoweekly.com/orland...ent?oid=2509651

A nice news article about the show.

I'll be there. I'm heading downtown in a little bit to hang with my family and they are heading back to the hotel while I see the show. Trying to figure how to kill a couple hours before the doors open. I'll be the tall guy in black (Yob shirt) with the big beard and glasses haha.

EDIT: I'll probably be at The Lodge across the street for a bit before the show drinking beer.

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 26, 2016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
OK the new Inter Arma is really good. I listened to it before at work and only half paid attention, but I've got it on properly at the moment and gently caress. It's been a decent year for doom but even with five months to go it surely has to make my top ten for the year.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

big scary monsters posted:

OK the new Inter Arma is really good. I listened to it before at work and only half paid attention, but I've got it on properly at the moment and gently caress. It's been a decent year for doom but even with five months to go it surely has to make my top ten for the year.

See them live. Not loving kidding.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Sleep loving rule

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Shakenbaker posted:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Shakenbaker posted:

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah that Sleep show was incredible. I can't hear or talk but it's worth it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw Boris play all of Pink last night and it was so loving rad. I've seen them before but honestly it didn't hold a candle to last night I loving love that album. Crowd was great too. So much fun, definitely recommend going if you like them at all.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Polegrinder posted:

I can't hear or talk but it's worth it

http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/er20xs.html

should really just add this link to the OP

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I saw Boris play all of Pink last night and it was so loving rad. I've seen them before but honestly it didn't hold a candle to last night I loving love that album. Crowd was great too. So much fun, definitely recommend going if you like them at all.

Going next Friday- so pumped!

This year has been great for shows - so far I've seen The Sword, Melvins, Sleep, and after next week you can add Earth and Boris. :getin:

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Sleep was amazing last night, it was definitely weird having an auction in the middle of the show, but it turned out good. I think they sold everything there. That custom made one of a kind Sleep guitar strap was sick.

I took a bunch of pictures I'll upload later today.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Oh cool, Saint Vitus, The Skull, Acid Kings and Witch Mountain are coming to Missoula MT (three-hour drive) on 14 October! :unsmith:

Except I have another event that whole weekend, and seeing as how the festival claims to run from 1 PM to 2 AM, I'm not gonna be able to do both. :smith:

FML

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I am super jealous of the North American tours at the moment. Here in the Lowlands I don't think there's anything on my schedule until Swans in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Oh cool, Saint Vitus, The Skull, Acid Kings and Witch Mountain are coming to Missoula MT (three-hour drive) on 14 October! :unsmith:

Except I have another event that whole weekend, and seeing as how the festival claims to run from 1 PM to 2 AM, I'm not gonna be able to do both. :smith:

FML

This tour is playing Portland the same night as Ghost. The best part is that the venues are literally right across the street from each other, so seeing both is a possibility.