Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
PWTorch reported that he and Gran Metalik/Mascara Dorada both signed like a week ago. They've been wrong before but then again so has enuhito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

PWTorch reported that he and Gran Metalik/Mascara Dorada both signed like a week ago. They've been wrong before but then again so has enuhito.

There's a lot of boring semantics about what signed means. People use it different ways especially with international talent. Can mean everything from signed pending medicals and a Visa or it can mean they put pen to paper. It is annoying.

I don't trust enuhito or the Japanese media when it comes to Ibushi after all the false stories the past while.

Was told my someone who I trust that Zack Sabre Jr. turned down a WWE contract at a very late stage. WWE filed all the paperwork to sign him and everything but Zack still told them no as he wants to travel the World.

The over 30s ex-WWE club have been turning down WWE main roster deal deals left and right. It is a weird time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

quote:

I don't trust enuhito or the Japanese media when it comes to Ibushi after all the false stories the past while.
I do, I've known him for a long time and he has real insiders into the Japanese indies so if he's got info that Ibushi hasn't signed I believe he hasn't. Ibushi is a very hard worker and he loves his independence, he turned down NJPW because he wanted to be his own man and do his own thing, I think he could get over as well as Zayn has in the WWE but I can't imagine seeing Ibushi ever slowing down for the WWE style or listening to people trying to tell him how to build his matches.

The only scenario I could see Ibushi wanting to stay in the WWE would be if Nakazawa were hired as his translator/coach and Omega or one of his other close friends were there with him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/758088489078521858

WWE took things a very late stage with Zack had all the paperwork complete and Zack turned them down even still.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I do, I've known him for a long time and he has real insiders into the Japanese indies so if he's got info that Ibushi hasn't signed I believe he hasn't

http://enuhito.com/?p=1495

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

WWE took things a very late stage with Zack had all the paperwork complete and Zack turned them down even still.

the lack of kombucha at catering was the tipping point. i've got scoops.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Told y'all Zack wouldn't sign

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Thanks for the scoop

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ibushi apparently said he wanted to by IWGP Heavyweight Champ. Which is silly because he turned that down to work Kaiju Big Battel or some poo poo. Ibushi is a free spirit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poo poo they're just offering everyone contracts. Hope we get at least a few like TJ, Akira Tozawa, and Cedric. Those guys would be huge in NXT.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

poo poo they're just offering everyone contracts. Hope we get at least a few like TJ, Akira Tozawa, and Cedric. Those guys would be huge in NXT.

I think they're sending them straight to RAM, actually.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If the big names keep turning them down, they're going to rewrite this thing so Ho Ho Lun wins.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Probably would help if they were offering contracts that competed with the amount the top guys are pulling working the indies at the moment.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EL BROMANCE posted:

If the big names keep turning them down, they're going to rewrite this thing so Ho Ho Lun wins.

I'd be cool with that

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Wonder if WWE would give them king's ransom then; or just wait on him like they've waited on Adam Cole for years

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tozawa and Cedric are two guys where I think signing WWE contracts would totally make sense. They've both been consistently underpushed in the promotions they've worked for prior to the CWC, so if the worst case scenario happens and they wash out of WWE they can return with the much greater name value that comes from working in the biggest wrestling company in the world. Zack's a guy who's already getting booked everywhere, so he's got much more incentive to play it slow and see if there's actually interest in WWE for treating the cruiserweights/guys who work outside the typical WWE style well (since he fits in both categories) before making a commitment.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I get the sense they seem even more interested in him the more he says no. It helps that he's filled out and become annoyingly handsome from when they first looked at him when he looked skinny and generally like he was from Sheppey.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Um. What would they need to rewrite?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I get the sense they seem even more interested in him the more he says no. It helps that he's filled out and become annoyingly handsome from when they first looked at him when he looked skinny and generally like he was from Sheppey.

Nothing gets Vince more interested than being told no.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder if WWE would give them king's ransom then; or just wait on him like they've waited on Adam Cole for years

December/January seems to be time for Adam and WWE.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Also as his profile increases. He has only just got started on the US indies pretty much.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ZSJ tonight right? This will be my first time seeing him so I'm interested to see what the hype is about.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hope you like little roly poly bugs who just roll around on the floor and say duhhhh. that's Zack Sabre

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah those are the best

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's tonight's card, in no particular order:

Tyson Dux vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Drew Gulak vs. Harv Sihra
Anthony Bennett vs. Tony Nese
THE Brian Kendrick vs. Raul Mendoza

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

projecthalaxy posted:

Here's tonight's card, in no particular order:

Tyson Dux vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Drew Gulak vs. Harv Sihra
Anthony Bennett vs. Tony Nese
THE Brian Kendrick vs. Raul Mendoza

oh boy, zsj

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I love when people say no to WWE but I worry that ZSJ may not always have the WWE so hot to snatch him up. The sudden brand split made a big need for talent and if he waits too long, WWE might decide that they don't need a grapply English dude after all. I think he still gets signed after increasing his American presence, but it's definitely a calculated risk.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lets go tyson

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nice, I get to see ZSJ before having to leave

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Gonna be rooting for my boy Gulak tonight

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ZSJ being so skinny is throwing me off

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

zack sabre jr wrestles like an rear end in a top hat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oatgan posted:

I love it.

He's a babyface that wrestles like a heel.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

oatgan posted:

I hate him

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

I know I love him too oatgan

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That one dude trying to get a C Dub C chant was annoying. Also it's hard to believe this small British Wristlock Man is going to wrestle Matanza Cueto in a couple weeks

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is some of the most unique wrestling I've ever seen.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

That one dude trying to get a C Dub C chant was annoying. Also it's hard to believe this small British Wristlock Man is going to wrestle Matanza Cueto in a couple weeks

He's gonna get thrown around....a lot

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dango Bango posted:

This is some of the most unique wrestling I've ever seen.

it's really loving cool

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I was grimacing for that entire finishing sequence, ZSJ knows how to make a hold look absolutely fatal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

crowd seems tired from the marathon taping before this and we still have another week after this one i hope they have some extremely hot matches later to bring them back up

• Locked thread