Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

wow dating an adult 5 years younger than him, what a pedophile/creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if random dudes at a gig thought my singer gf was gay that'd be just fine with me imo but im pretty sure even retarded drunk frat bros aren't that stupid

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Tbf to the boyfriend, are we 100% sure she didn't follow up with singing "I Touch Myself"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

a7m2 posted:

It's not the age difference that's weird to me, it's the life stage difference. I've seen multiple similar relationships go off the rails. And I didn't call him a pedophile or a creep, just weird.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

a7m2 posted:

You ever go to a college house party where one of the guys that lives there is in his mid-to-late-twenties, all of his roommates are younger, and he's hitting on undergrads? I've yet to see one of those guys that I didn't think was weird.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tender Bender posted:

How many of these are going to be submitted by prosecutors in future murder trials?

It'll become standard procedure for forensic investigators to check the dude's Reddit account.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

WampaLord posted:

Continuing the theme of "Complete lack of respect for your partner" - Me [21F] with my boyfriend [20M], been together for 2 years. A few days ago he fell in love with a stranger. please help me

E: Bonus detail in the comments - they were both on ecstasy.

This is like straight out of that high school drama show Degrassi so of course it's dumb enough to be real.

"Hello reddit, we got together at 18 and totally love each other and now like my boyfriend totally fell in love with someone else in a few hours like what do I do?!?!"

zakharov posted:

It's not the age difference that's weird to me, it's the life stage difference. I've seen multiple similar relationships go off the rails. And I didn't call him a pedophile or a creep, just weird.

I can see this. That doormat friend of mine was 20 when she got with her 28 year old husband, so now she's 25 and their relationship gets worse and worse. I speculate she might be realizing he is taking advantage of her, since he used to tell me before they met that he would kill himself if he was single at 30, and she just so happened to be 21 when he proposed a few months before his 30th birthday.

I never got people who have a baby mid life crisis at 30 like that. Does that mean they have a huge one at 40? Dude bought a car, married a 21 year old, bought a ninja motorcycle, a bunch of guns and the gay guys he was sleeping with on the side were like 19 year old twinks for awhile. Can't imagine what he's going to do at 40, or what my friend will do at 32 when that happens. I'm really expecting a suicide at this point.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
That doesn't sound like a crisis it sounds p awesome.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I knew a chick in college who was 25 and her boyfriend was 35 when they broke up, and I thought it peculiar that he came to her job wearing a karate outfit and eyeliner, until she explained he was into LARPing. They broke up because he cheated, but it was pretty impressive that their relationship had lasted ten years prior to that.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I imagine that guy is batting 1.000 at "exes realized they were lesbians after breakup" but also 1 for 1

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blarzgh posted:

I thought it peculiar that he came to her job wearing a karate outfit and eyeliner, until she explained he was into LARPing.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

blarzgh posted:

I knew a chick in college who was 25 and her boyfriend was 35 when they broke up, and I thought it peculiar that he came to her job wearing a karate outfit and eyeliner, until she explained he was into LARPing. They broke up because he cheated, but it was pretty impressive that their relationship had lasted ten years prior to that.

I'll say!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

blarzgh posted:

:stare: Jesus, so she was 15 and he was 25!?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

My [22F] roommate [20F] claimed her ex died last year. I just found out he didn't... and also never dated her. What do I do?

I just moved into my new apartment a few weeks ago to get ready for the beginning of school. My new roommate, Andrea, moved in around the same time, and because most of my friends are still out of town for the summer, I've been hanging out with Andrea a lot.

One of the first things Andrea and I talked about was the fact that her ex had died last summer in a car crash - on the way to pick her up for a date. I found this out because Andrea put a picture of him (looked like a senior photo from high school) on her bedroom wall: I asked her if that was her boyfriend, she answered that he was her ex, Kyle, and that he had died driving to see her and she was still getting over it. Her story was pretty detailed and she had a hard time telling it, choking up with tears. I apologized profusely and comforted her when she said she thought she'd never get over him and meet someone new.

Ever since then, I have not brought up Kyle or the subject of boys around her, fearing that she'd get uncomfortable. I noticed on Facebook a few days ago that she posted a picture of Kyle with the caption "RIP love :( </3," presumably on the anniversary of his death. Then I saw someone comment, "omg stop"

At first I thought someone was being a mega dick and was just tired of seeing her post about her grief/ex frequently. However, after I 'liked' Andrea's status, a friend of mine was able to see her post in his stream and contacted me about it. My friend knows Kyle in real life and sent me his Facebook page. I can't really see much of the page itself, not being friends with Kyle, but it's clear that he's not dead and also has a girlfriend.

Whaaaaat do I do about this? I don't know Andrea well enough to flat-out confront her about this without feeling really uncomfortable - but this is NOT normal behavior. Should I tell Kyle about her story, or just stay out of it? My friend doesn't know Andrea, so he can't shed light on what her connection to Kyle is. Do I contact a school counselor or is this not extreme enough or what?

tl;dr - my roommate claimed she had an ex who died while driving to see her. I found out from facebook and a friend that her ex is actually alive... I'm not sure why she would lie about that and am unsure if I should just mind my own business or not.

here's what you do in this situation:

sever

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Dreddout posted:

Creepy poo poo like that happens. My crush in High School was unavailable because she started dating a post college guy as a freshman in High School. Not sure where the parents were on that one. 7 years is bad when you are adults and dealing with different stages of life but 16 and 23 isn't exactly appropriate.

Facebook allowed me to find out 10 years later that she had 2 kids with him and he divorced her for someone younger. Like jesus dude the stereotype is leaving an older woman for a 20 year old, not leaving a 26 year old for a 20 year old.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Poonerman posted:

here's what you do in this situation:

sever

I'm like 90% sure that's the plot to a movie or TV show but I can't quite place it.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 27, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Who you gonna call when someone's dead ex starts dating your daughter?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

lol.

quote:

My new husband [26M] posted as me [24F] on dirtyr4r and now I constantly get random phone calls off guys asking for sex. Husband claims it was a joke. Now we're not getting on. Only married for 6months.

This is a bit left-field but I'll explain it as I go. Sorry if this sounds like something from that drama called Reckless (you know, the one with Anna Wood and Georgina Haig in, the cop show).

Been married for 6 months to Donny. We met at a dance class. Anyway, last week I noticed Reddit open on the browser, but it wasn't cat pics as he usually looks at, something called dirtyr4r, and some account name I didn't recognize and a load of messages from guys.

Looking through the account's history, my husband had posted as me several times to dirtyr4r using different accounts but as [24F] on dirtyr4r and bdsmpersonals.

I confronted him over this, he just claimed it was some sort of joke he'd had between him and his co-worker Dave (48M), said Dave suggested the idea, and that it was some sort of public joke.

I noticed in the messages he'd gave out our phone number to these guys, sent them sexy messages, and I've had several at odd hours of the day.

I'm a 26 yr old mom to a 4 yr old son, shouldnt have to deal with this.

Me and myhusband arent getting on, this is causing me stress and anger, I feel like I could get a heart attack.

Even worse, we've got his co-worker Dave and his wife coming round for dinner this weekend, which is not gonna be easy now I know what husband and Dave did.

Is my husband a catfish, or is he a gay man, or what the hell is he?

Why would he do what he did, he wont explain to me?

Legally, what can I do about the dirtyr4r postings?

EDIT: My husband sent PM's pretending to me with pictures of me from my private FB albums and they were written as if they were meant to be from me.

Also, he's used about 20-30 usernames on dirtyr4r, and 10 on bdsmpersonals, posing as me, using basic info about me. IIRC, facts aren't copyrighted, but use of them is?
I need legal eagles to help here.

tl;dr: Husband posed as me on dirtyr4r and bdsmpersonals. I'm angry and hosed up.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Is r4r redditors for redditors?

Are Dave and Donny secretly organizing a wife swap?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

kaschei posted:

Is r4r redditors for redditors?

Are Dave and Donny secretly organizing a wife swap?

It is. What the hell is wrong with that guy

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My theory is that she's rich and he's trying to get her to divorce him.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 27, 2016

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://np.reddit.com/r/FunAskReddit/comments/4up8at/i_just_had_a_hilarious_idea_comments_anyone/d5s622h?context=3&st=ir59f5vk&sh=aa40c723

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Almost exactly this, but bald.

Dreddout posted:

ayyyyup.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

gently caress YOU for making me click that.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

^--- also yup, gently caress you for blind linking a pedo thread.

WampaLord posted:

Continuing the theme of "Complete lack of respect for your partner" - Me [21F] with my boyfriend [20M], been together for 2 years. A few days ago he fell in love with a stranger. please help me

E: Bonus detail in the comments - they were both on ecstasy.

Haha I was going to say, festival? 20 year olds? Sounds like drugs.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 27, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Do not click

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

zakharov posted:

Do not click
seriously

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can someone summarize for a humble workposter TIA

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

loquacius posted:

Source: I am a pedophile

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

loquacius posted:

quote:

If you can find someone like that then let me know, I'd be interested. Many others would also be interested. It's not easy to find an adult that could pass as a child.
Disclaimer: I'm a paedophile.

if you look through a few pages on the profile of the linked poster you'll find hundreds of posts in Tumblrinaction and several posts admitting to being a pedophile, along with this terrifying one

quote:

Idk, a small amount of money can go a long way in making a young girl trust you. :3

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
edit: ^^^^^^^^^^

loquacius posted:

looks like something was deleted but the comment from "lolidaisuke" says explicilty that he is a pedo and wants to find an adult that looks like a child

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Never change, Reddit :reddit:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I made the mistake of clicking on his profile.

quote:

And what do you base this claim on? In my completely subjective experience there are a lot of 8 year olds who have very deep knowledge about sex.

Jesus christ this guy probably needs to be locked up.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ranbo das posted:

I made the mistake of clicking on his profile.

Jesus christ this guy probably needs to be locked up.

quote:

I don't get to play with little girls too often but every time I do it's a great fun. I let the girls decide what they want to do. For me it enough that they are smiling and laughing.

i think i might paste this guy's profile link into the fbi tipline

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Please loving do, I should have known better than to click on a blind link, but holy poo poo, I closed that so fast my computer might overheat, and I'm not loving clicking it again.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MF_James posted:

Please loving do, I should have known better than to click on a blind link, but holy poo poo, I closed that so fast my computer might overheat, and I'm not loving clicking it again.

https://np.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/comments/4skucd/were_taking_our_toys_leaving_and_youll_be/d5ahwp6?context=3&st=ir5aikqi&sh=a66e6237

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frog Act posted:

holy poo poo this is the sanduskiest thing ever

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Frog Act posted:

Done and done but the more the merrier, my friend

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005