Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

His persona is tossing chairs around atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

his persona is a shriveled, dysfunctional Mara.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

Local Boxer ruins everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can Juzo just not be alive anymore? That would fill me with hope.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He's going to make it to the end

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

I think some people might think this episode was a bit rushed but I dont really see why they need to spend time on stuff that was already elaborated on in the games.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
People who are bad at hope create people who are great at despair just makes the people who are bad at hope worse, repeat ad infinitude

The only salvation lies within Naegi's low-content naive platitudes and Nanami's heart of gold

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Everything is the Boxer's fault, I loving love it. I now can't wait for him to die horribly in a Future episode.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nice job ruining it, Sakakura.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Axle_Stukov posted:

Everything is the Boxer's fault, I loving love it. I now can't wait for him to survive the whole series because the awful characters always manage to live.

Fixed for despair. :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also "See you tomorrow! :D" She's never gonna see him again

:smith:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

voltcatfish posted:

Also "See you tomorrow! :D" She's never gonna see him again

Think of it what will happen if she does.

Anyway, I wish I had some kind of fighting game with create-a-character, because I want to make Sakakura and and pummel him

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I knew things would have to start popping off soon but it doesn't make it any less painful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So I am thinking my Sakakura theory is becoming more validated

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I love how Junko didn't even have to do anything and we already have two murders in our hands at that school.

Like I knew this was gonna happen but I always had the feeling that Junko might have conviced or also manipulated Kuzuryuu to kill Sato but we just didn't see it in the Twilight game but nope!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Think of it what will happen if she does.

Anyway, I wish I had some kind of fighting game with create-a-character, because I want to make Sakakura and and pummel him

It's not an if, it's a when and when it does happen, it'll be heart breaking (possibly literally)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
drat, that was actually a good episode, despite a total lack of DR2 cast shenanigans. I like the relationship between Chiaki and Hinata too.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Can we blame Sakakura for everything given that his encounter with Hajime here probably influenced Hajime's final decision?

I just really don't like Sakakura.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

MonsterEnvy posted:

So I am thinking my Sakakura theory is becoming more validated

My theory on Sakakura is that he's what happens when you take one of those ultra-talented students who has focused on their talent to the exclusion of all else - and remove the talent.

My guess is that he's at Hope's Peak instead of out boxing somewhere because he can't box anymore. Either because of a career-ending injury or some scandal that got him banned from the ring, or something. His extreme loyalty to Munakata may be in part because Munakata bailed him out by getting him his position at Hope's Peak.

His seeming grudge against the "normal" students like Hajime and Makoto (who, as a Lucky Student, might be considered an Ultimate only by technicality) might be him projecting his own insecurities. After all, in his mind, what good is an Ultimate who can't use their talent?

It would also fit the idea that Munakata and Sakakura are "dark" versions of Ishimaru and Mondo. The latter is also a delinquent-type who masks his insecurities with violence, only without the honor. And Kyosuke is a honor-student type like Ishimaru, except he's completely unable to compromise and treats any opinion that dissents from his own as something that must be shut down for the greater good.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Hinata' s dumb. Deciding to get brain surgery that may not even work because you got beat up by a meathead with stupid hair, seriously? You gave up being bros with Chiaki for that?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Kay Kessler posted:

Hinata' s dumb. Deciding to get brain surgery that may not even work because you got beat up by a meathead with stupid hair, seriously? You gave up being bros with Chiaki for that?
I wonder if he knows about the whole "your current personality will die and you will become another person" thing of the project? I guess he doesn't but who knows...

The school probably just told him "hey you can have a surgery that can kill you but if you survive then you will have all the talent and you totally won't become another person all together nope"

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If he declined he'd have to leave and go back to his old school but hey phones exist

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wouldn't have given up my friendship with Nanami just to attend a dinky school imo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Surprising that Sato turned out to be a girl. I thought she was a guy all along.

After the physical and mental pummeling he gave to Hajime, I'm fully ready to label Sakakura as the Ultimate rear end in a top hat and hope he gets a good comeuppance in Side Future.

I feel really bad that Nanami's about to lose a friend :ohdear:

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Surprising that Sato turned out to be a girl. I thought she was a guy all along.

Sato was explicitly a girl in the Twilight Syndrome version of the events - why would there be any doubt that wasn't true?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Okay, so what's this dark path Chisa mentions at the end of the EP?

When I wrote this post I was asking if it was the brain operation thing, but oh yeah, there was a murder.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 28, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Which part do I need to read/watch to find out how Togami became such a lardass for DR2 despite still being alive, and thin apparently? Because they never addressed it in the actual game that I could find.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

uhhh, playing Danganronpa 2?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm guessing he didn't get to the back part of the game yet.

It explains it eventually, don't worry about it for now.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Okay, so what's this dark path Chisa mentions at the end of the EP?

When I wrote this post I was asking if it was the brain operation thing, but oh yeah, there was a murder.

Doing shady stuff like scamming muggles, hiding where all the money is going, and covering up murders seems like a pretty dark path. I don't think she knows about the Izuru project just yet.

Edit: Also the implication that Hope's Peak would be willing to kill Hajime if he stuck his nose in too far.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 29, 2016

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Kuzuryuu's sister's character design seemed really familiar to me and I couldn't figure out from where until just now -- she looks a lot like the titular character of Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

Whether that's intentional or a coincidence, I don't know.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Which chapter & trial/investigation/free event? I don't own a Vita so I've just been watching it on YouTube.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It gets revealed at the dead rear end end of the game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Rangpur posted:

Which chapter & trial/investigation/free event? I don't own a Vita so I've just been watching it on YouTube.

it's on pc now too, friend

http://store.steampowered.com/app/413420/

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm aware. Don't have a PC that can run it, either.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

orenronen posted:

Kuzuryuu's sister's character design seemed really familiar to me and I couldn't figure out from where until just now -- she looks a lot like the titular character of Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

In this case it's more like "My Little Sister Can't Be This Dead"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rangpur posted:

That must be a super old pc.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Rangpur posted:

The reveal is during chapter 5 and explained more thoroughly at the very end of the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

orenronen posted:

Well, she is the SHSL Little Sister in her mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

That must be a super old pc.
Extremely. But I found what I was looking for, so thanks all. Makes a lot more sense now. (Go figure I ended up skipping the exact spot I needed when I was watching chapter 5 the first time.)

• Locked thread