Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm glad the remnants of last year's bola crew got tix good job team :toot:

see the rest of u suckers in october for the bola-killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I've never been to Chicago, if the cards for that weekend are good enough and I have enough vacation time left at work I might use that as an excuse to finally visit.

I got sunburnt for the first time in years on Sunday last year, but that's partially because we spent a few hours walking around the horrifying tourist trap that is Venice Beach beforehand.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
holding out for East Battle of Los Angeles aka EBOLA

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
BOLA killer

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

if you're already in the area and its not like a huge trip to just show up to the venue beforehand its pretty easy to find someone in line with an extra ticket they'll sell for face value

Are you going?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yeah im going.... TO CHICAGO

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Oatgan turned against his former best friend BOLA. I'm gonna miss seeing you in the front row, hoss.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

Orpheum doesn't mind it when SHINE does spots off the bar or when Saraya Knight decks a patron. That's a super sweet heart deal.

Also a lot of Ybor is owned or secretly invested in by Scientologist money. I know a lot of places down there have very strange bookings because certain types of stuff violates the ethical code of scientology or whatever. My cousin used to book musical acts in central FL and he always said Ybor was really shady because of all the strange SciTi influence on everything there.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Howling Man posted:

holding out for East Battle of Los Angeles aka EBOLA

Beyond Wrestling has BONER (Battle of New England.... Returns)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Also a lot of Ybor is owned or secretly invested in by Scientologist money. I know a lot of places down there have very strange bookings because certain types of stuff violates the ethical code of scientology or whatever. My cousin used to book musical acts in central FL and he always said Ybor was really shady because of all the strange SciTi influence on everything there.

can you throw out a few examples? My only experience with Scientology at length was insulting their religion and getting fired for it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

can you throw out a few examples? My only experience with Scientology at length was insulting their religion and getting fired for it.

Haha what? How did that happen

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

coconono posted:

Pointed out that psychiatry can be quite helpful?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
This is a longshot but I'm just going to put it on record so I look smart if it happens: I have a gut feeling that Super Dragon returns tonight and kicks Roddy out of Mt. Rushmore.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is a longshot but I'm just going to put it on record so I look smart if it happens: I have a gut feeling that Super Dragon returns tonight and kicks Roddy out of Mt. Rushmore.

Super Dragon hasn't injured himself in months so I guess this checks out.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'll write in more detail when I get home but best top-to-bottom PWG show of 2016 by far, definitely worth getting on DVD

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
All I want to say is O'Reily and ZSJ are legit the best and I love wrestling.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm also going to miss booing the poo poo out of Roddy every show. He really became one of the all around best wrestlers.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

All I want to say is O'Reily and ZSJ are legit the best and I love wrestling.

I could probably watch them wrestle 100 times and not get bored, they're really perfect rivals for each other. I mean, O'Reilly can have a great match with a broom but Zack really shines when there's somebody who can go toe-to-toe on the mat with him.

Full results:

Adam Cole def. Brian Cage (Only real dud of the night, it wasn't bad it was just aggressively mediocre. Really wish Tommy had been able to make this show)
Roderick Strong def. Timothy Thatcher (Very good, expected Roddy to put a guy over on his way out but now knowing how the show ended it makes more sense)
Jeff Cobb def. Trevor Lee (Also really good, probably would have given it an HM if it hadn't dragged as much in the beginning. Expected the crowd to pop more for Cobb's first win, but I guess he didn't start with a long losing streak like most debuts do)
Chuck Taylor def. Trent? (Kind of turned into a pseudo-Guerrilla Warfare match? There was a ladder and several thumbtack bumps involved, it was unexpectedly gnarly but good)
Marty Scurll def. Sami Callihan (Heavy on comedy stuff but surprisingly good, best match Sami's had in PWG since coming back by a wide margin)
Young Bucks def. Death By Elbow to retain the PWG World Tag Team Championships (Hero goaded the Bucks into putting the titles on the line before the match and there were a couple times near the end of the match I thought it was really going to happen. Great match)
Zack Sabre Jr. def. Kyle O'Reilly to retain the PWG World Championship (Outstanding, and the crowd got insanely hot for it. Goddamn I'm glad Kyle's back in Reseda.)
Zack Sabre Jr. def. Roderick Strong to retain the PWG World Championship

After the main event Kyle and Zack did the typical grand gesture of respect for each other, then Roddy ran in and attacked them both, got the mic and said he wasn't going to wait for his title rematch, he was taking it right now. He gave Zack the Gibson driver and the fireman's carry gutbuster but he kicked out, Zack didn't get much offense in but put Roddy in a couple pinning combinations. The Bucks ran in and tried to help but Zack kept kicking out, then Scurll ran in and helped Kyle clear them out. Cole came out and he and Roddy beat Zack down more, but he kicked out again, cleared Cole out of the ring, and reversed another Roddy move into a submission and tapped him out. Angelo declared him still PWG Champion again, then Roddy got the mic and said 'for now.' The crowd by now knows he's leaving (a decent section started a chant after his match with Thatcher earlier in the show), so everybody's chanting thank you at him, he pauses for a bit and then talks about how he's been in PWG for 11 years and made a lot of great memories and great friends, but the most important thing PWG gave him was meeting his fiance (she was on the stage and very emotional, it was sweet). Roddy talks about how he made the decision 2 years ago to make big changes to how he performed as a wrestler and how it meant so much to him that PWG gave him the platform for it and that the fans went along for the ride so completely. He invites the Bucks and Cole back out to the ring, they come out and talk to each other in a huddle then fake like they're going to attack him but then the four of them have a group hug instead. Roddy asks everyone else from the locker room to come out and thanks the promotion and crew and everyone who stepped in the ring with him and gave 100%, and says to them and all the fans 'I love every one of you, I never hated you.' It was a really heartwarming farewell all around, hopefully it makes the DVD.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
My immersion is ruined.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Roddy should have gotten his rear end kicked by the entire locker room

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i would rush the ring and leap to his defense and the two of us would fight off each and every one of them and then we'd kiss

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bard Maddox posted:

Roddy should have kicked the entire locker room's rear end

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Going to be surreal seeing Roddy sitting at the crowd at NXT Takeover Brooklyn 2 and getting called out by the broadcast

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
https://twitter.com/DavidShoemaker/status/759234575344267264

PWG article coming soon to the Ringer? At least it'll be after BOLA tickets went on sale so they won't be even more difficult to get.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant wait to hate it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jealous of all the people who already jumped aboard the AAW and BEYOND bandwagons.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the bola killer was david shoemaker all along

MassRafTer posted:

Jealous of all the people who already jumped aboard the AAW and BEYOND bandwagons.

been hearing great things about the last AIW show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Why do people not like PWG anymore?

And before you say it MRT I'm sure you never liked it in the first place.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NienNunb posted:

Who doesn't like PWG?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

i don't think anybody here stopped liking pwg a handful of us are just playing up the show we're going to as obviously superior to excite ourselves for this october along with playful ribbing of the lucky folks who get to see pwg shows live every month instead of waiting a really long time for the dvd turnaround

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I do wish the shows came out faster because my excitement for them has died down considerably by then but they have real jobs and still make bank on them so I understand why they don't rely on quick turnaround like some other indies who slap a dvd/vod together in under a week to fuel impulse purchases on a wave of social media hype

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want to to to a PWG show some day but I'll never be in a position to get tickets and I'd have to grab them before I know if I have the time to fly to the other side of the country

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I will never see a minute of PWG live and I guess I have to be okay with that

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I tried to go to a PWG show in 2005 but our directions from Mapquest were poo poo and then a cop on Sunset gave us even worse directions, so we just got some fried chicken and went home. That's my PWG live story.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Super No Vacancy posted:

cant wait to hate it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

checksin posted:

I will never see a minute of PWG live and I guess I have to be okay with that

If it makes you feel better I couldn't get any tickets to BOLA.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Chris James 2 posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yo, that's, like, a half hour or so from me

Gonna have to go to that show I think.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Excuse you I love Pro Wrestling Gorilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

MassRafTer posted:

Excuse you I love Pro Wrestling Gorilla