Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Uthor posted:

Well, I haven't found any automatic sorting, but I found that you can change the view into a column of cards and then manually sort that way. That at least lets me put my groceries list at the top.

IIRC there's an update coming at some point that will let you pin lists to the top, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any decent snes emulators out there?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
SuperRetro16

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any decent snes emulators out there?

SNES9x EX+ by Robert Broglia is pretty good. I mean, its a gpl'd emulator, with his front end, and a few tweaks, and it runs accurately and very well on pretty old hardware (nexus 7).

Was stoked to find that the sixaxis app got updated to work on 6.0 and i can play (wirelessly) with a ps3 controller again, woo!

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Blitter posted:

SNES9x EX+ by Robert Broglia is pretty good. I mean, its a gpl'd emulator, with his front end, and a few tweaks, and it runs accurately and very well on pretty old hardware (nexus 7).

Was stoked to find that the sixaxis app got updated to work on 6.0 and i can play (wirelessly) with a ps3 controller again, woo!

What sixasis app?

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

What sixasis app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller

A little kludgy as you either need to pair the controller with a pc (and some free software), or have an OTG cable. Only needs to be done once for each controller.

Also, you need to have a rooted device.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My phone's being stupid, so I'm planning to do a factory reset. Is Helium still the go-to app for non-root backup?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

My phone's being stupid, so I'm planning to do a factory reset. Is Helium still the go-to app for non-root backup?

It's the only option.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is it possible to torrent stuff using my Android smartphone? Is that sort of talk allowed here or is that files?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is it possible to torrent stuff using my Android smartphone? Is that sort of talk allowed here or is that files?

its possible yes, I've used flud and it's OK but there are others as well

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

Thanks, this seems to work very nicely.

My next question is: is there currently a media player that lets you Chromecast the output?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

My next question is: is there currently a media player that lets you Chromecast the output?

I don't have one but I see most people say they use allcast to stream local media to the chromecast

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Blue Train posted:

Does Flud allow you to save to the sdcard?

e: nevermind, only to sub\sub\sub folders like some of the others.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I usually use solid explorer, it has a basic but functional media caster built into it

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Q for anyone using Blackplayer, is there an option to stop the player from automatically playing when you open the app? Can't see one anywhere.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Google music gets local music and can cast

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone using Google Play Family sharing? It says that my payment method is invalid and therefore won't let me share any apps. But the card works fine for buying stuff and no amount of switching the family payment method or re-entering card details makes any difference. Anyone else got this?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Taffer posted:

Google music gets local music and can cast

When I tried to do this it would pause playback at the end of every track.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tunga posted:

Anyone using Google Play Family sharing? It says that my payment method is invalid and therefore won't let me share any apps. But the card works fine for buying stuff and no amount of switching the family payment method or re-entering card details makes any difference. Anyone else got this?

I've seen it before and I was forced to email Google support.

I just went here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6286986
Clicked on Contact Us on the top right. You can request either a chat or a call.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

resistentialism posted:

When I tried to do this it would pause playback at the end of every track.

I've had that happen to few times in the past, but it's not typical behavior.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've seen it before and I was forced to email Google support.

I just went here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6286986
Clicked on Contact Us on the top right. You can request either a chat or a call.
That was my plan but every time I look the Chat and Call options both say they are closed despite claiming to be open 24/7.

Anyway at least I know it's a thing they can fix, thanks.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I've gotten an Android phone for work stuff. Looking for a document scanner. I've been using ScannerPro on my iPhone and it is figuratively perfect. I'm looking for something that can do crisp PDF scans of multiple page documents and something that uploaded to Google drive automatically would be gravy. I'm okay with paying money.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Scanning is already a feature in the Google Drive app.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh? I guess I'll check that out.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I saw on Slickdeals that something called Camscanner was on sale for $2 down from $5. Not sure how much better that works than Drive. Drive has always worked fine for my purposes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I saw on Slickdeals that something called Camscanner was on sale for $2 down from $5. Not sure how much better that works than Drive. Drive has always worked fine for my purposes.

That seems pretty close to what I'm doing now, I'll check out the free version. These are forms and stuff that need to be easy to read and not to knock this phone but my iPhone 6S Plus has optical image stabilization which probably results in crisper photos. I'll fiddle thanks for the recommendations.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
What's everyone's favorite recipe app?

Or are they all pretty much the same?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

AnimalChin posted:

I haven't tried out the app for allrecipies but I really like using their site so this might be worth trying. I tend to just load the website on the ipad and it works great, I read a ton of reviews before I try something and almost everything I've made has been awesome.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allrecipes.spinner.free

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Firefox mobile fixed my biggest annoyance with it and added much better video ui controls in it's latest update.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm new to the android scene and was using Dolphin as my default browser for awhile. Been using Chrome the last couple of days after a friends recommendation though and I'm a little happier with it since Dolphin seemed to slow down and lock up a lot. I was wondering if there's any other browser that is unanimously favored. The one thing I liked about Dolphin was that I could have my favorite links on the front page, same as Safari on ios. Is there a way to do this with Chrome?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

I'm new to the android scene and was using Dolphin as my default browser for awhile. Been using Chrome the last couple of days after a friends recommendation though and I'm a little happier with it since Dolphin seemed to slow down and lock up a lot. I was wondering if there's any other browser that is unanimously favored. The one thing I liked about Dolphin was that I could have my favorite links on the front page, same as Safari on ios. Is there a way to do this with Chrome?

The NTP has a link to bookmarks at the bottom left and should have your most-visited sites underneath the Google logo. You can also make a list of bookmarks you'd like just for your phone in the Mobile Bookmarks folder and Chrome will open to it when you hit the bookmarks button.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

LastInLine posted:

The NTP has a link to bookmarks at the bottom left and should have your most-visited sites underneath the Google logo. You can also make a list of bookmarks you'd like just for your phone in the Mobile Bookmarks folder and Chrome will open to it when you hit the bookmarks button.

I should've mentioned that I purely use Chrome on my phone, so I'm wondering if there's a way go have my favorites/bookmarks immediately on startup instead of having to press a couple buttons to get to my bookmarks.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

I should've mentioned that I purely use Chrome on my phone, so I'm wondering if there's a way go have my favorites/bookmarks immediately on startup instead of having to press a couple buttons to get to my bookmarks.

You could open Chrome using the widget rather than the icon. You could alternatively leave a tab open at the NTP when you exit Chrome so that the bookmarks are only one tap away. That's the best you can do.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What is NTP?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

What is NTP?

The New Tab Page.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

Firefox lets you do that and you can install extensions like uBlock Origin

Daztek fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 4, 2016

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Daztek posted:

Firefox lets you do that and you can install extensions like uBlock Origin

uBlock was given to some other dude who promptly tried to turn it into a donation center and then abandoned it in favor of selling iOS content blockers. uBlock Origin is the original guy doing humanity's work again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh that's clever, the new nexus phone app disables call blocking for 48 hrs after you make an emergency call

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

AnimalChin posted:

I use and love paprika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sir Unimaginative posted:

uBlock was given to some other dude who promptly tried to turn it into a donation center and then abandoned it in favor of selling iOS content blockers. uBlock Origin is the original guy doing humanity's work again.

Yeah, I always forget the Origin part :doh: