Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Arkanomen posted:

Changing My Vote from QA to Write-in

Plan False Fare Flag

Place the people in Stasis.
Tell the Balls that "those higher have heard our plea and delivered us a solution. The people are made safe and slumber peacefully and out of danger. When they who know judge us sufficiently mighty to brave 600 souls through the woods without certain death we will be summoned to return." -This gives us deniability with the balls over leaving 600 souls in demon land.
We have a month before Giants arrive, so we spend the next three days getting ready to leave and messing up the place such that anyone who investigates finds that there are strange Banikmot symbols carved on the walls of burnt out and destroyed houses. No blood meaning they were kidnapped and strangely were headed towards the east, away from Zepath to some cave.
We take what we can carry that has high value/weight ratios. Bags of gems, blacksmith tools, scrolls. Only as much as we can carry and not have our pace home slowed. Burn some of the rest and leave a trail of discarded broken items on the path leading away.
After three days we bail slowly for another week to make sure we leave absolutely no trail.
After a week of careful travel we then bail at maximum speed for home and don't look back.

+1 for this.

For the purposes of this vote, you are talking about PA, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1: R
2: (Which option would I vote to have them all come with us up north?)

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

None of them because diog said it was suicide and not an option.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

RandomPauI posted:

Diogines posted:

Your men sleep in their armor and it is a drat good thing they do.  The enormous winged demon snatches another of the Gebaban women in its jaws and swallows her nearly whole with its enormous head and with a quick movement swallows another!

Your Balls swiftly assemble around you and you give your order "EL HA MELEK KOL HAOLAM! CHARGE!" "ELLLL!" your Balls cry out in response, but for your heretics who cry out "SMATTAS!". Your men rush at the enormous demon, running swiftly in its direction!  It is a few hundred paces away and has ample time to eat more of the fleeing Gebeban women...

...which is exactly what it does.   Eight more Gebebans go down that things bloody throat, from which no blue vaporous smoke emerges.  Your Balls throw javelins as they charge, even those thrown by you and Uriah smash into the demon's hide and splinter apart, doing no obvious damage and not even piercing its hide.  Snarls continues to bark loudly and hundreds of Gebebans cry out in fear and terror!

Your heart races in your chest as you charge at the collosal demon, your men running beside you!  Ruth has safely made or away from the demon for what little that distance will matter.  You are almost upon the demon when it finally turns its head towards your Balls, it raises one of its wings wide and...

WOOOOOOSH! you and your men are smashed by a great gust of wind and knocked from your feet, some of you are sent flying, literally.  Your formation is shattered and your Balls scattered as they tumble apart.  Something terrible has happened.  You soar through the air and smash into the dirt, the wind knocked out of you but apparently unharmed. NOOOO! NO NO NO NO! Snarls screams inside of your own head.  You rise to see an enormous claw print in the dirt and your brother in arms Joha smashed into a pulp, literally.  His armor is shattered and his corpse is a bloody smear of disfigured blood and bone.  You see a blue image of Joha above his corpse with only the smallest hint it is ethereal, it looks quite solid.  Joha struggling to remain as he is drawn to the northeast and cries out to you "Tell my sons to be brave!  And to keep fightiiiiiiiing!" And with that he is gone as the blue image soars to the northeast.  Joha has three sons, two are in your "auxiliary" Balls back in Kavodel.

You draw your bow as swiftly as you may and let fly a bronze arrow at the demon's wing, hoping to pierce the membrane.  Your arrow makes contact and ricochets off, even this vulnerable portion of the demon seems impervious to your attack.  The demon is terrifyingly swift and upon another of your Balls, foot raised and ready to stomp flat Hurai.  You draw another arrow and aim for its eye even as...

KASH- Uriah tries to yell, he is cut short as the demon sweeps its wings again, even harder this time, sending Uriah SOARING away and several other Balls with him, ripping the very dirt beneath their feet away and launching them into the air, soaring hundreds of paces away.

Hurai is on his feet, he raises his spear and charges!

-CRUUNCH-!

You watch the demon land one of its collosal claws down atop him, smashing Hurai, breaking every bone in his body and ending his life.  Snarls yells at you TOO BIG! TOO BIG! BAD SMELLER! BAD SMELLER! WHAT DO WE DO?!  WHAT DO WE DO!? SAVE THE PACK! SAVE THE PACK!

The demon turns its back on your men to continue chasing down the Gebeban women.  Perhaps some small portion of you hoped this was an illusion or a trick or the demon not so fearsome as it looked, such hopes are wrong.  You face a demon great and terrible.  You live in a world of truly horrific terrors no mere man could ever hope to conquer and it looks like one has found you.  You have left the safety of Ur.

Your Balls are scattered and those near to you are rushing in your direction.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
To be honest I'm okay with either stasis or Jonestown.

The most important thing is that they are either untouchable or gone when the Giants turn up. Sending them off into the wilderness is 100% the worst thing to do. It's condemning them to die via beasts or even worse capture, torture and soul eaten but not before spilling the beans on us as well. Anyone who seriously thinks that 'it'll all be fine' if we just abandon one or more of them is taking a massive risk.

With regards to the kids:

If we take them we need to murder their parents or convince them to kill themselves. That's it, that's the only option unless you seriously believe that the giants pose no threat to Ur. That also assumes their souls will make it to someplace nice. There's a good chance those souls won;t which is pretty loving monstrous if you think about it.

If you want to teleport than we're essentially (or literally) murdering a few hundred innocents and likely condemning their souls to whoever picks them up.

With the stasis: A better option but there's the huge loose end of coming back to get them, and if we die then they're hosed forever. It's a gamble.

With Jonestown: Not a great option but at least we know for (probable) sure that their souls are safe, which is better than nothing.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Outrail posted:

To be honest I'm okay with either stasis or Jonestown.

The most important thing is that they are either untouchable or gone when the Giants turn up. Sending them off into the wilderness is 100% the worst thing to do. It's condemning them to die via beasts or even worse capture, torture and soul eaten but not before spilling the beans on us as well. Anyone who seriously thinks that 'it'll all be fine' if we just abandon one or more of them is taking a massive risk.

With regards to the kids:

If we take them we need to murder their parents or convince them to kill themselves. That's it, that's the only option unless you seriously believe that the giants pose no threat to Ur. That also assumes their souls will make it to someplace nice. There's a good chance those souls won;t which is pretty loving monstrous if you think about it.

If you want to teleport than we're essentially (or literally) murdering a few hundred innocents and likely condemning their souls to whoever picks them up.

With the stasis: A better option but there's the huge loose end of coming back to get them, and if we die then they're hosed forever. It's a gamble.

With Jonestown: Not a great option but at least we know for (probable) sure that their souls are safe, which is better than nothing.

EDIT: Rephrasing

There's a chance vengeance could come after us, but anything powerful enough to make the crossing to zepath is going to be powerful enough to read the remnant of the sacrifice and say "That's that El dude". Even assuming no ability to glance into the past or to interrogate corpses, I think sending the villagers into the wilderness guarantees they'll be dead or away by the time someone arrives to check on the village.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 2, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

TheCog posted:

EDIT: Rephrasing

There's a chance vengeance could come after us, but anything powerful enough to make the crossing to zepath is going to be powerful enough to read the remnant of the sacrifice and say "That's that El dude". Even assuming no ability to glance into the past or to interrogate corpses, I think sending the villagers into the wilderness guarantees they'll be dead or away by the time someone arrives to check on the village.

Amok had no idea who El is. There's a pretty drat good chance nether will giant dude. Couple that with the fact that every single option talks about hiding the sacrifice from people. I'm pretty sure whoever's answering the sac understands the importance of remaining hidden.

As a rule we should be burning all the corpses and generally generating a fog of war leading to someone else.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Q,A

Glandis
Mar 8, 2013
1. Q
2. A

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
For those who keep equating Q to :godwin: please note that unlike real life, an Afterlife of some sort is manifestly proven to exist in the world of Paradise Lost. It happens to be the same paradise that has been promised to every other human we know, and we are giving the Gebebans a one way ticket there, which is more than can be said for leaving some/all of them behind to get eaten by demonic giants. Of course if there was some option to save all of them that would be even better, but as it is, our priorities are to our dog, our people and the safety of Zepath/Ur. Leaving witnesses behind to be tortured or eaten supports none of that.

Those who say that the giants are unlikely to launch an attack across a demon-infested wilderness, remember that we tried to make the trek with a small group of armed men, and a gigantic refugee column. Our combat potential is miniscule in the grand scheme of things, we don't even hold a candle to Tudiya, and we only killed the ox-demons in Gebek by virtue of a sneak attack. Gebeb is said to be a few orders of magnitude greater than his lieutenants, and who is to say that with a few such as him leading an army or raiding party, they would be troubled by demons? Sure they might lose a few, but most things would probably see the ancient demon cow and peace out, I would also suspect that the giants know more of their territory than we do and are more likely to avoid anything truly dangerous to themselves.

For that I am voting Q,A. May El have mercy on our blue soul.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Hi Diog, a question:

The scrolls of knowledge, are they equivalent or greater than the knowledge Labaras was in possession of?

Thinking about good old Ish and "You shall not meddle in the affairs of man", I think sharing divine knowledge surpassing that of Labaras' teachings is definitely meddling in the affairs of man.

So is it possible to probe the spirits for an answer regarding this?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Killing the villagers is bad.
Putting them in stasis isn't much better, especially when we have no promise that we'll be able to return to unstasis them.

"You're free everyone! Now hop into the coma chamber, I'll see you in a few decades if I don't forget or die first."

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

the_steve posted:

Killing the villagers is bad.
Putting them in stasis isn't much better, especially when we have no promise that we'll be able to return to unstasis them.

"You're free everyone! Now hop into the coma chamber, I'll see you in a few decades if I don't forget or die first."

Well to be fair; it's not like stasis will make any difference to them. Everyone they know and love will be in stasis with them so there won't be much to adjust to, judging by the world's rate of progression. Surely it's a better option than a near certain death.

Edit: Although the chances of being in permastasis are real, I am sure many capable people including Tudiya will be eager to investigate once (if) we regale of our tales.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. S I want to go home. Kavodel is cool, this demon-filled wilderness sucks. Saving or not saving a few hundred people seems like worrying about a few hundred raindrops in the ocean, but we've got to try. We've been told not to worry about the blue stuff,:it could be souls, it could be something else, but whatever it is it's above our pay grade.

2. D Run little guys! I don't know, suicide might be kinder. Maybe we should talk to their priest, he's used to making hard decisions. We probably can't mercy slaughter them all ourselves, because we have no way of explaining why we think that's a good idea without getting into major heresy.

I'm not very worried about the giants following us home if we 'port out. If we just walk out they might follow a hot trail hoping to catch up with us soon, but if we're just gone they won't bother mounting an expedition across the wilderness to find our home base. The giant civilization probably knows about Ur, and doesn't consider raids against such a distant target worth the cost in resources -- our little raiding party doesn't change that. If they didn't know about Ur that means they've never gone far and aren't on friendly terms with all the dangerous things between our home and theirs. So if they figure out what direction we came from they will blunder into Everfang, sandwiches, and all sorts of other terrible things that are far too strong for gold mesh giants to deal with, and gold mesh giants are the strongest ones that can make the trip. First and Second are only awake a few days a year, Geb even less often than that, for those guys to invade Ur they'd need to eat literally thousands of lesser giants during the trip just to stay awake.

And seriously, what will a surviving villager be able to tell them? The general direction we came from? That's going to be obvious. They know we didn't come from giant territory, so we must have come from the other direction. The good news about El? Yeah, if they don't already know about El then they have no reason to think El is anything but another demonspawn. As far as they know we're just another raiding party from some rival demon, we killed a few of their dudes and stole some cattle. Embarrassing for Geb, but not a big deal to the civilization as a whole. They'll send some breeding stock from nearby towns and everything will be back to normal soon.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So it seems to be like scrolls of knowledge are legitimately the way to go. The sheer amount of good that a single one about agriculture or medicine might do for literally hundreds of thousands of people surely outweighs saving less than a thousand villagers.

Like even the scroll of earth things would likely give us knowledge of how coal works for example, which is absolutely huge when it comes to improving living standards.

Questions:

Would it be possible to make a scroll of knowledge about transportation or is that already held in the wheelhouse of another scroll? And would we be able to read the scroll immediately? Because if we do there could be some cheesy hints on how to get through demon infested territory more easily than we have been doing. That gives us at least some immediate safety and allows us to presumably significantly improving message speed between cities when we get back as well as significantly improve logistics overall in the region.

Would we be able to create a scroll about medicine, including cures but also best practice for learning more, such as Evidence-based medicinal research? In the real world the one discovery that has probably saved more lives than almost anything else ever has been the advent of this. To gain that would be a monumental coup.

If either of these are true I vote for and if not: X Because constructing poo poo like cannons (knowing as we do that gunpowder exists) or fortresses might give us the edge we need should city defense be required.

Then G followed by incinerating the remains and then pursuing operation false flag.

I'm a heartless bastard aren't I?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
The problem with the scrolls is that back in Ur a large part of the knowlege is considered heresy. The ways of Labaras dont leave much wiggle room for progress

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Changed my vote from SE to PA

Basscop posted:

The problem with the scrolls is that back in Ur a large part of the knowlege is considered heresy. The ways of Labaras dont leave much wiggle room for progress

But it's not heresy if it's literally passed down from El. Now it's a miracle!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Outrail posted:

As a rule we should be burning all the corpses and generally generating a fog of war leading to someone else.

This this this this this.

I'm not too worried about what we do with any possible villagers we leave behind other than from a save as many as we can perspective, because we left a bunch of bodies buried in the rubble and we've seen magic that lets people see the last moments of the dead just by interacting with the remains, so I doubt that just getting rid of the human villagers would hide that we're from Zepath. Before we leave, we should make an effort to properly dispose of the bodies, and of anything else connected to us. Actual livestock, since we can't bring it with us, any tools we might have touched...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

While everyone is busy asking questions, Diogenes, could we summon a meteor to destroy one of the Amalekan cities?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

There Bias Two posted:

Changed my vote from SE to PA

But it's not heresy if it's literally passed down from El. Now it's a miracle!

I can see the scenario play out in my minds eye.
The sacrifice is over. We are left with some foreign looking thing. Not clay tablets but scrolls.
Enkidel is obviously excited to learn all about medicine or inquiry or someother seemingly random subject.

Uriah: "What the El is that?!"
Enkidel: "Oh its a um... a hide that has written on it a wealth of information on a subject thats relevant not now but when we get back home"
Uriah "Um.... ... ...WHAT?"
Enkidel: "El has smiled upon us"
Uriah: "He's laughing at us! What are we going to do about the villagers?"
Enkidel: "Think of all the good we can do with all this knowledge of efficiently milling grain!"
Uriah: "WHAT THE gently caress ENKIDEL?!"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Basscop posted:

The sacrifice is over. We are left with some foreign looking thing. Not clay tablets but scrolls.
Enkidel is obviously excited to learn all about medicine or inquiry or someother seemingly random subject.

Enkidel: "Oh its a um... a hide that has written on it a wealth of information on a subject thats relevant not now but when we get back home"
Enkidel: "Think of all the good we can do with all this knowledge of efficiently milling grain!"

You forgot the part where we don't receive a single scroll, but instead a literal mountain of thousands of scrolls appears on the altar.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Basscop posted:

Enkidel: "We have a tablet that shows us how to make the greatest weapons ever forged in living memory."

Uriah: "loving baller."

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

diog does there exist a big scroll of medicine, herbalism or similar?

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

Z. Something else. Fill in. Diog will review them later when he has time and you give you input on what is possible. Broadly speaking, the more supernatural or fantastical something is, the more likely it will be noticed, or more effort will be needed to hide it.

Is a 'Great scroll of Divinity' viable... learning how gods, demons, melachim, worship, [???], and blue fog work would be rather helpful. I'm assuming this option would break the world and get us chained to a rock for all eternity.

Diogines posted:

Q. Whatever you did to the contents of the Amalakites, do the same to all of the Gebebans. You don't truly understand what you did to them. The physical bodies of the Gebebans will cease functioning instantly and painlessly. To your men it will look like they all fell over, dead. Are you sending them all to Paradise? You cannot warn them or ask permission, it must be done now.

Since we've heard divine edicts against violating free will and using souls for magic, where does this rank on the revulsion meter? Does our benefactor give an impression that we're going to be smote for 'sacrificing' a bunch of souls, or does this feel more like mercy?

Voting P, A for now.

P. Place all the farmers to sleep and hide them underground in a way such that their detection is unlikely to even powerful things, unless they know what to look for. Chances of discovery are small. They could be kept in such a state indefinitely.

A. Whatever I voted for in #1 resolves this issue, so this isn't a problem.

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 2, 2016

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Magnusth posted:

The Divine Scroll of 420 Blaze It

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
changing from V to Q

Now we can see if woman have soul.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Please no, Q is a crazy vote. Reports incoming.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Why must you deny them from going to heaven and risk them going to demon stomach hell? They will be happy with our one true god, El, for eternity and will be grateful to us! They will be happy! :catholic:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Please guys, just teleport the kids, let Tudiya pick them up, abandon the adults to their freedom and walk home with the loot. :( Q doesn't help us in any way.

You sacrifice all of the great poo poo, it bursts into flames and the flames rush over your group. All of the people you have rescued fall down dead. The fire goes out.

That's it. Imagine how that's gonna look to our balls... "Oh no I sent them to Mt Har I decided they'd all rather die than stay here"

Balls: Do we get any help to get us home?

Enki: Nope. Everyone's just dead. Get walkin'!

Edit:

Nyaa posted:

changing from V to Q

Now we can see if woman have soul.
We know women have souls. We put women souls in the soul boats already.

Diogines posted:

Blue spectral images of men, women and children rise from the remains of the giant-stones! They all speak at once, many yell in confusion and their yells of terror becomes cries of joy and laughter! You see many tearful reunions before your as many of the figures embrace each other, husband and wife, mother and children, brother and sister.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Aug 2, 2016

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Rahul posted:

While it probably wouldn't be quite enough to make me change my vote, I've thought of one thing I'd really like:
Would it be possible to create the great scrolls of Mathematics and/or Physics?

Enkidel has been pretty good at working stuff out and inventing things as is. I'd love to see what he'd be able to do if he had Calculus at his disposal

Math yes. Physics no. You have no conception of the idea of physics.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Foppington posted:

Hi Diog, a question:

The scrolls of knowledge, are they equivalent or greater than the knowledge Labaras was in possession of?

Thinking about good old Ish and "You shall not meddle in the affairs of man", I think sharing divine knowledge surpassing that of Labaras' teachings is definitely meddling in the affairs of man.

So is it possible to probe the spirits for an answer regarding this?
The only information you are gaining from the Whispers is on how to make things you are considering. They don't respond.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Foppington posted:

The Divine Scroll of 420 Blaze It

:weedass:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Enkidel: you are free to do what you want! It's your freedom!

:) : ok, i will run away into a forest and hope no wild beast will kill me and my soul won't get suck into soul ball

:( : i will use my freedom to stay being a SLAVE cattle and hope my giant master won't kill me immediately and live the rest of my non-existence life and will either end in giant stomach or soul ball

:aaa: : i will follow you and failed to keep up and get eaten

:angel: : i rather die than keep living this horrible live, and i hope my soul go to your benevolent god instead

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Cornuto posted:

Is a 'Great scroll of Divinity' viable... learning how gods, demons, melachim, worship, [???], and blue fog work would be rather helpful. I'm assuming this option would break the world and get us chained to a rock for all eternity.
Silence.

No?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Magnusth posted:

Of making medicines, yes. Of plants and useful medicinal and other properties, yes.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

While everyone is busy asking questions, Diogenes, could we summon a meteor to destroy one of the Amalekan cities?
Yes.

This will be tremendously visible.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Enkidel: "We have a tablet that shows us how to make the greatest weapons ever forged in living memory."

Uriah: "loving baller."

Adina (shut up, I know he isn't here with us) : Uh, yeah, Enkidel, this is amazing, but, how do we smelt these metals? I've never heard of any of these ores or alloys, and these blueprints just assume we have easy access to the material already and that we only need instructions on how to assemble them into weapons. It says nothing of how to refine Melachrystal into a workable metal, and I don't even know what a Melachrystal is or where we would find or produce one.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
Diog, can we get an estimate in [???] or men-equivalent how strong the eating of giants makes us?
Maybe it's the best option and we end up strong enough to survive the trip back, guarding all the Gebebans in the process.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Ubern00b posted:

Diog, can we get an estimate in [???] or men-equivalent how strong the eating of giants makes us?
Maybe it's the best option and we end up strong enough to survive the trip back, guarding all the Gebebans in the process.
Silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

Adina (shut up, I know he isn't here with us) : Uh, yeah, Enkidel, this is amazing, but, how do we smelt these metals? I've never heard of any of these ores or alloys, and these blueprints just assume we have easy access to the material already and that we only need instructions on how to assemble them into weapons. It says nothing of how to refine Melachrystal into a workable metal, and I don't even know what a Melachrystal is or where we would find or produce one.
The Great Scrolls of Earth has this information in it.