Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Piped-inhouse commentary is probably the worst trend at major tournaments this year.

Well...actually second, behind sexual harassment/assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Well the poll allows me to see how many votes were cast and when. And well this is what it looks like:

As a result, I will be holding the poll on this site, and taking out the game which weren't voted more than once at a given moment. This was the site badmetaphors used before, and lucky it IP checks people so they cannot vote twice.

EDIT - In three days or so I will upload another poll that compromises the top four games on the list.

All I'm saying is you should listen to the voice of the people
http://www.poll-maker.com/results765625x3Dd147b0-31#tab-2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Rare image of Fuudo slaying tang

Hes probably trying to get in the mindset to play and those mean ladies are like infiltrations secret agents

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TeamRazer/status/599092769383022592

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:allears:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i hope razer just pays those ladies to harass their asian harry potter

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Shiki Dan posted:

Piped-inhouse commentary is probably the worst trend at major tournaments this year.

Well...actually second, behind sexual harassment/assault.

:)

NecroMonster posted:

:(

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

Fuudo is a sweet boy and I hope he is able to achieve his dreams unperturbed by the negative influence of good looking women

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Marn is Voldemort

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jmcrofts posted:

Fuudo is a sweet boy and I hope he is able to achieve his dreams unperturbed by the negative influence of good looking women

Sweet boy who drinks like a fish

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
fuudo didnt show up to play or watch XRD so hes a bitch

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

Sweet boy who drinks like a fish

We have a lot in common then.

Also sweet boy that's like, 30.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jmcrofts posted:

This post reminded me of Seth Killian's extreme infatuation with Fuudo's "sweet face" during Evo Top 8.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This post reminded me of Seth Killian's extreme infatuation with Fuudo's "sweet face" during Evo Top 8.

He needs something to talk about since Fuudo is not one of the five Japanese gods of fighting games

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Daigo has disappointed me one too many times. Fuudo has now taken his place in my Japanese player dickrider heirarchy. I wish him the best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There are hierarchies now? I thought it was just pick one and worship him to death?

(For me that'll be now and forever Inoue.)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

There are hierarchies now? I thought it was just pick one and worship him to death?

*smirks while looking extremely constipated^

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

AnonSpore posted:

*smirks while looking extremely constipated^

I see you've been working on your Svampen game face.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I see you've been working on your Svampen game face.

No that's *grimaces and then facial features all spontaneously relax in a remarkable approximation of post-orgasmic zen*

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I'm glad my country has finally managed to produce a worthy contender in a game that isn't smash. Well I guess skatan used to be good. And popo beat infiltration once

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

popi is a cool guy and his millia is very painful to play against

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

There is only one true Inoue, and his name is Kentaro

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

inthesto posted:

There is only one true Inoue, and his name is SEXTARO

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Gutcruncher posted:

Lol nevermind I hosed up

I know this is late but please go on.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
It is now officially Monday so the polls are closed.

The polls initially started off with multiple games being neck and neck but in the end there was a clear victor.

And the winner is...

*drum roll*

Vampire Savior

I'm not sure what time and day would work best for you guys, but I'm thinking Wednesday at 9:00PM Central like the previous tournament?

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Vsav is going to be fun as hell to watch. Are you doing commentary?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ultramega posted:

Vsav is going to be fun as hell to watch. Are you doing commentary?

Yes. I will be participating and providing commentary like before.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Broken Loose posted:

One of the only downsides of Combo Breaker was that the commentary mics were being piped to the crowd, which is a huge pet peeve to myself and almost every other commentator I know. It encourages you to try to dumb down what you're saying to hype up the audience and not say anything that could spoil the match or coach the players. Moving forward, I'm just gonna pretend the commentary is stream-exclusive (like I did during set 3 of Saturday Night Salt) because there's no point in trying to cater to the crowd.
That's pretty much what I did for top 8, I just commentated it like I always do. Actually I forgot the crowd could hear me until I got up and someone mentioned it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

If you want to sign up for the Vampire Savior tournament, here is the challonge sign-up sheet.

We will be meeting at the Something Awful Discord ten minutes before the tournament starts.

Tournament starts at 9:00PM Central Time.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

The only time I played vsav in my life was when I tried the ps3 demo at a party for two minutes. The sidebars were scrolling like two goons having a fruit by the foot eating contest. Guess who's going 0 and 2

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bad metaphors posted:

The only time I played vsav in my life was when I tried the ps3 demo at a party for two minutes. The sidebars were scrolling like two goons having a fruit by the foot eating contest. Guess who's going 0 and 2

this game is easy but there are secret killers in the goon fg corps in this game. are there prizes, PRE? give me a prize if I win

the prize cannot be skullgirls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

this game is easy but there are secret killers in the goon fg corps in this game. are there prizes, PRE? give me a prize if I win

can it be bad rats

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Zand posted:

Pls make it SG now, I'm pretty sure everyone has extra copies to give away anyways

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
make the entry fee a skullgirls key

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Zand posted:

I'm not made of money. No prizes.

Ventana posted:

Pls make it SG now, I'm pretty sure everyone has extra copies to give away anyways

If it was up to me, everyone who participates would get a free copy of Skullgirls.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
switch the game from vampire saviour to skullgirls

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

that would be even worse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's all fun and games until someone actually plays skullgirls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

switch the game from vampire saviour to skullgirls

Unfortunately Skullgirls isn't on fightcade. However, if enough people demand me to include games that aren't on fightcade to be on the list that I own (i.e. Skullgirls, Melty Blood, King of Fighters XIII, etc.) and they win the polls then that would be fine.

Also I already am holding a Skullgirls tournament that will be streamed. the very next day in fact. And yes anyone on here is welcomed to join.

Endorph posted:

it's all fun and games until someone actually plays skullgirls

The problem with Skullgirls is that it's almost TOO good.