Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Endorph posted:

when's dong dong never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kikkoman posted:

That fake evo Japan lineup has me wondering: Did vf4 do anything better than vf5?

the retirees playing vf5 dont know how to do images on the computer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the timing on the background animations is godlike

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Maybe the real kusoge were all the games we played along the way.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the real kusoge is your posting.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I have played a lot of bad fighting games in my time, but nothing has yet to beat Phantom Breaker in it's pure distilled badness.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When I was little we had a Time Killers cabinet in a little arcade in the mall and in an alternate reality that became the title to headline EVO.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

My posting is kusoge, yours is SFV.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

oh that evo Japan list was fake

Can't have EVO without Best Game Melee.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Brosnan posted:

:shrug:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ryoga posted:

I have played a lot of bad fighting games in my time, but nothing has yet to beat Phantom Breaker in it's pure distilled badness.

How come nobody ever brings up Chaos Code.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Girl Fight

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

When will they add F/UC Kirei to a good game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

mycot posted:

How come nobody ever brings up Chaos Code.

Chaos Code has redeeming features like Chef Bravo, a crazy robot with Getter Beams and Tomahawks, and Bodypillow Ryu.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Chaos Code has redeeming features like Chef Bravo, a crazy robot with Getter Beams and Tomahawks, and Bodypillow Ryu.

As well as "JESUS", "YO YO YO YO YO!", and "OUCHIIIIIIEEEEE"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

NecroMonster posted:

and once again not having archives bites me in the rear end

Here you go:

PirateNipple posted:

I really like that the "super combos" of this game are just pulling both trigger buttons. It makes the challenge knowing when to use it, instead of knowing silly finger puzzles.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
someone get the thejoker posts, i lost them

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

someone get the thejoker posts, i lost them

quote:

Not everyone finds going into a match and not landing a single hit because the guy you're playing is some MLG rear end in a top hat who just does an infinite he's spent 56 hours practicing in his moms basement "fun and interesting."

quote:

I don't particularly WANT to get better. My friends all play at pretty much the same level, so if I come in one day with some SUPER PRO LEET STRATEGY or some poo poo and they can't touch me, all the fun leaves for everyone.

quote:

We do use combos, we do use the moves, we do have strategy. What we don't do is spend hours a day doing that poo poo, learning all the infinites, etc. which is what a lot of online players, at least in my history with SF4, do.

quote:

So in response to your "LOL U JUST A DRUNK FRAT BOY U NOT SMART ENUFF FOR DA HARDCORE GAMES LIKE STREET FIGHTER!" or whatever the gently caress I have this to say in return: gently caress you in your stupid loving rear end, you whiny little bitch. If you hate Mortal Kombat and the people who play it so much, get the gently caress out of the thread. You don't see us going into the SF4 thread or the MvC3 thread and calling everyone anime faggots or something. So just shut your stupid loving mouth, if you can do that even. I know it's hard cause you've usually got a million cocks in it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I Love TheJoker138

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't play fighting games with my non fg friends either for that exact reason

lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Poll for next week's "Punch the Ballot" tournament.

Voting ends Sunday. After that the top five games or so will be picked for a second round of voting.

This poll has much more titles to choose from than ever, and I included some non-fighting games. Specifically Windjammers as that was highly requested.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i bet thejoker138 has great things to say on a broad number of subjects

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neo Bomberman baby

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I can sort of understand where that guy's coming from but he's absolutely posting it in the wrong place.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the one hundred and thirty eighth joker actually has made many a dumb and bad post on these very forums

his opinions match his unironic numbers name, like a glove, the glove fits

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

NecroMonster posted:

Sengoku Basara X

This made me smile.

Thank you.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

punk rebel ecks posted:

Poll for next week's "Punch the Ballot" tournament.

Voting ends Sunday. After that the top five games or so will be picked for a second round of voting.

This poll has much more titles to choose from than ever, and I included some non-fighting games. Specifically Windjammers as that was highly requested.

it sucks that everyone just votes for the lovely comedy games like 3s and jojos.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ur a lovely comedy game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah guys, vote for a game zand is good at

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
For some reason I always assumed the hard part of doing dragon punches on a stick would be going directly from 6 to 2, not accidentally doing 626 instead of 623

Other than that I'm glad I picked TES+ up, I'm already feeling more comfortable with it in Xrd than I did with a pad, and that will more than likely translate to the other games I'm planning on playing. Thank you to everyone who helped me in this important life-changing event

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sticks are pretty loving great yeah

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I voted for Super Dodgeball

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I accidentally throw fireballs constantly in SFV when I'm trying to DP but this never happens in any other game for some reason

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Idk how a metal slug 3 tournament would work so I voted for that.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bad metaphors posted:

rocket lawnchair

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I accidentally throw fireballs constantly in SFV when I'm trying to DP but this never happens in any other game for some reason

i do the opposite (which is way worse because i get cc'd) and yeah me either. the input buffer is probably really large and also the game accepts shortcuts that are way easier to trigger than any other game.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i voted for twinkle star sprites even though I can't connect to fightcade anymore because god hates me

i just wanna see a bunch of goons play that

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

in guilty gear sometimes i get 2k ballset or 2k s double head morbid instead of microdash 2k c.s i hate video games

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

bad metaphors posted:

I was going to put Strider in the list, but I ran out of room as strawpoll limits to 30 entries.

I'm thinking along the lines of something like "who gets the furthest with one credit" or "who can get the highest score in an area".

If it's a game like Metal Slug, it could be team based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

samsho v special is a very cool game of spacing where people die in 4-5 moves

it's pretty easy to learn too since there aren't a lot of combos or blockstrings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0