Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

coupedeville posted:

hey Otaku just wanted to get a confirmation that returning content workaround was successful for your friend tia

edit: hellfaucet check ur PMs goonbro

You're thinking of someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Anime_Otaku posted:

You're thinking of someone else.

sry Otaku I was thinking of SplitSoul

I am bad at Internet :(

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Zigmidge posted:

All I got was some generic agreement violation email from their support email address. That didn't even say what my punishment was, I had to log on and be told by gta online I was banned until that date.

The timing couldn't be better though, it'll be waiting for me when I'm back from my work trip.

Yea, poo poo is very vague, I'm sure so they don't tip their hand as to what to watch out for specifically. If you're sure that nothing was running (cheatengine, mods, recording video stuff) while in Online, then maybe you got some butthurt reports filed against or something lame like that

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

I wonder what I did...

Picked up a full ban until the 14th!

:rip: zigmidge

may his soul find peace in the GTA afterlife

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Yea, poo poo is very vague, I'm sure so they don't tip their hand as to what to watch out for specifically. If you're sure that nothing was running (cheatengine, mods, recording video stuff) while in Online, then maybe you got some butthurt reports filed against or something lame like that

I don't believe the video recording stuff is delivering bans, by the way, that was super sketchily reported. Shadowplay, for example, is built into the nvidia software suite and they haven't banned 50% of their playerbase yet.

Online reports could be it but to be honest I figured panzram would be everyone's warning sign considering the crate-murder campaign they do :v:

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

tencent posted:

Definitely check for overheating, as well. I went to bad RAM right away because the crashes occur with fairly inconsistent intervals between them.

Other things that might help:
    Keep your graphics drivers up to date with the latest stable releases.
    Upgrade your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version.
    Some GPUs don't play nice with PCI-E Link State Power Management enabled. This option is found in your computer's advanced power options. If you have a laptop, I'd recommend only changing the "Plugged In" value to OFF.

e: Also, if anything in your PC is overclocked, revert all overclocks to stock speeds and test game stability.

This is pretty much the only game I have these issues with which makes the cuase a little harder to figure out as some of these should affect other games. Also still need to find an extra thumb drive for memtest.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
gta is held together by barely well wishes. It will crash over anything that may not wreck other games. A general hardware troubleshoot is all you really got.

Everyone I play with experiences crashes, regular or not.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

wjs5 posted:

This is pretty much the only game I have these issues with which makes the cuase a little harder to figure out as some of these should affect other games. Also still need to find an extra thumb drive for memtest.

GTA is a beast though. Other games load a single level's data and then just read that for awhile until you beat the level. GTA has your drive and RAM constantly thrashing data back and forth from disk to RAM to cache and back to RAM. Plus the game itself is just really huge and pretty.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Zigmidge posted:

gta is held together by barely well wishes. It will crash over anything that may not wreck other games. A general hardware troubleshoot is all you really got.

The only thing I have found which reduces my crashes - note, not "stops" them - is running in DX10. Not DX10.1, not DX11. Straight up 10 only = great, anything else = :rip:

it also makes self radio work 100%, I got skipping and poo poo in dx11 mode but not 10. how does that work? who knows, it's probably placebo anyway

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I just wish I could be told because I certainly don't do anything to deserve banning (lol if anyone believes me from just a post on a forum) and I'd like to maybe not do what got me banned this time!

coupedeville posted:

:rip: zigmidge

may his soul find peace in the GTA afterlife

I'm hoping hell is the devil forcing everyone to play rockstar's latest abomination over and over.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

I'm hoping hell is the devil forcing everyone to play rockstar's latest abomination over and over.

rhino hunt? :grin:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

That or lester's free roam events

post F&F update.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Entoraugeudfuguge (not extraction, thanks Zig) is a game mode that could be cool but is ruined by Rockstar's weird idea that Winners and Losers or whatever the gametype of "overpowered, overequipped class versus no-health scrubs with AKs" was an idea worth revisiting

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 4, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Did you play it again with better balanced teams? Because it sucked with unbalanced teams in favour of the well-equipped, I agree, but might work with an attacker advantage in numbers all wearing down the VIP's health and armor...

Also extraction owns, you meant entourage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You're right, I mean Entourage.

also no I don't really have an interest in playing it again because even with teams balanced towards the under-equipped, it's still "die 15 times, get 1 kill, then switch teams and go 15-1"

that's just not compelling to me no matter how you slice it

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 5, 2016

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Zigmidge posted:

I just wish I could be told because I certainly don't do anything to deserve banning (lol if anyone believes me from just a post on a forum) and I'd like to maybe not do what got me banned this time!

Dr. Tim Whatley just became an SC Admin.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Psion posted:

I don't believe the video recording stuff is delivering bans, by the way, that was super sketchily reported. Shadowplay, for example, is built into the nvidia software suite and they haven't banned 50% of their playerbase yet.

Online reports could be it but to be honest I figured panzram would be everyone's warning sign considering the crate-murder campaign they do :v:

Once I 'splode the crate or cargo vehicle, I usually leave the lobby(After taking a tasteful selfie). If its a multi crate run by a solo CEO I'll usually fly up and drop a grenade on the remaining crates.

Not really to avoid getting reported but b/c attacking an org with a hydra is super obvious and dries up the hunting in that lobby almost immediately. Its an ambush game really; the best kills are when I drop into a lobby and the org has just started a sell mission. The smart orgs just leave the lobby as soon as they see the jet icon. You have to be in lobby for someone to use the report tool and you have to remember their name to file a support ticket (which will be dismissed with a blurb)

Anyway, they don't really disclose why they ban. Maybe a dev or rockstar employee lost a race or got killed by Zidge. The amount of cheating by staff in online games that are supported by their developers is worse than most people will ever realize if they aren't part of it. In a game like this that is only sorta half supported and mostly neglected, I imagine there is very little accountability.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Not to mention, some of the mod menus are obviously working again and some of them allow the user to not only delete reports of them, but to send false reports of others to the SC servers.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

Not to mention, some of the mod menus are obviously working again and some of them allow the user to not only delete reports of them, but to send false reports of others to the SC servers.

I looked into this and apparently its untrue. looks like crashing peoples clients with particle spam is back though.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Jose Mengelez posted:

I looked into this and apparently its untrue. looks like crashing peoples clients with particle spam is back though.

ayyyy lmao

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

GTA is a beast though. Other games load a single level's data and then just read that for awhile until you beat the level. GTA has your drive and RAM constantly thrashing data back and forth from disk to RAM to cache and back to RAM. Plus the game itself is just really huge and pretty.

Psion posted:

The only thing I have found which reduces my crashes - note, not "stops" them - is running in DX10. Not DX10.1, not DX11. Straight up 10 only = great, anything else = :rip:

it also makes self radio work 100%, I got skipping and poo poo in dx11 mode but not 10. how does that work? who knows, it's probably placebo anyway

Well ran memtest last night and no errors were found. I also tried dx10 it didnt really help any.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYDysSEEiH4

I didn't even notice the guy shooting at me with the minigun until I edited the clip. This is why I say use the heavy sniper; I don't think I was even in range of the mini gun until after the brickade was 'sploded.

taters fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 5, 2016

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

wjs5 posted:

Well ran memtest last night and no errors were found. I also tried dx10 it didnt really help any.

Well, at least you don't have to replace your RAM.

I'd like to help you out if I can.... PM me the specs of your computer. If it's custom-built, motherboard/CPU/GPU/RAM, otherwise the make/model.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
Are you on a SSD? I had one that slowly went bad and random programs would stop working as new sectors(?) went bad. For example chrome worked fine at first, then started having weird slowdowns and crashes. After a while it would lock up the computer any time I did anything with it. I couldn't even delete it because when the uninstaller got to the corrupted data everything locked up. I ended up just installing firefox and used that instead. Everything else ran fine though and the hard drive lasted another year before more things stopped working and it finally died. Your description of everything else working ok reminds me a lot of what my hard drive was doing so I though I'd mention it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Hey zig, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPVgt9UmmE

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

nuts to butts is the only way to be

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

N is for Nipples posted:

nuts to butts is the only way to be

Go to the Seasharks.

No, not the first set of Seasharks.

The other ones.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I enjoyed being a deckhand on tugboats tonight and I'd like to thank Otiosely for coming to my rescue after some pubbie shot down the Cargobob I was flying directly over his tugboat.

Protip: tugboat passenger /= any other vehicle passenger. I tried to go to cinematic mode to watch our nautical adventure and instead punched Otes in the head.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

'murica.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Go to the Seasharks.

No, not the first set of Seasharks.

The other ones.

'teurs.

You go to the hospital for the heli and fly to the island. Then you get Avi to follow you from the boat to the heli and fly to the endpoint

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

I enjoyed being a deckhand on tugboats tonight and I'd like to thank Otiosely for coming to my rescue after some pubbie shot down the Cargobob I was flying directly over his tugboat.

Protip: tugboat passenger /= any other vehicle passenger. I tried to go to cinematic mode to watch our nautical adventure and instead punched Otes in the head.

That guy got mad at me repeatedly avenging your helicopter after you left so he chased me all the way to Cute's yacht and the automated defenses avenged you one more time.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

That guy got mad at me repeatedly avenging your helicopter after you left so he chased me all the way to Cute's yacht and the automated defenses avenged you one more time.

"That's our Otes!"

*freeze frame on all of us laughing and agreeing with each other. credits roll, but they just say 'ALL PRAISE TO THE DARK LORD' over and over again for 10 minutes. theme song is the russian song from that tank anime on a loop*

*fade to black*

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Aug 6, 2016

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
don't forget a Very Special Thanks to that picture of Ethan Mars in the shower I keep posting whenever the mood strikes me

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
That butt is why I haven't left the chat, otes

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
That butt was the best thing to happen to that chat.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

did somebody say butts? :f5:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

coupedeville posted:

did somebody say butts? :f5:

coupe, do you have a butt radar or something

please share your secrets

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Psion posted:

coupe, do you have a butt radar or something

please share your secrets

no comment :keke:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Have they added anything to this game since May last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Minorkos posted: