Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the question is still why it is gone in Majora's Mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, the question is still why it is gone in Majora's Mask.

I think I might have an answer but spoiler policy

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hello here is an episode, wherein Link gets some sick new dance moves

Episode 16 - This Is So Unnecessary

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Who am I to refuse?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
You called Link a horrible person, but I love Majora's Mask Link, the guide of souls. You even fulfilled that dancer's final wish like a good paranormal investigator.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

FeyerbrandX posted:

Who am I to refuse?

Did you speed it up or is the music which is now playing in my head just slower than normal.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rumda posted:

Did you speed it up or is the music which is now playing in my head just slower than normal.

Regular speed, Link just dances faster than the music, which I didn't realize until you asked.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Sadly my editing skills are pretty poo poo! But I figure since Link finally got to Step Up™. It's time for his sick rear end dance routine to hit the streets.

Link to the Dance Floor. Footage taken from your LP Faerie.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Zain posted:

Sadly my editing skills are pretty poo poo! But I figure since Link finally got to Step Up™. It's time for his sick rear end dance routine to hit the streets.

Other ideas for dancetime:

Lakini's Juice from Live
Stinkfist from Tool
Thriller

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Majora's Mask Link is my favorite Link.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Some Numbers posted:

Majora's Mask Link is my favorite Link.
Second favourite for me, Wind Waker Link was a sassy motherfucker.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What was the deal with Kamaro's weird 'translation' thing? Was that a joke that worked better in Japanese?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Carbon dioxide posted:

What was the deal with Kamaro's weird 'translation' thing? Was that a joke that worked better in Japanese?

I assumed that it was he was performing interpretive dance, and the translation was what the dance was meant to be saying. :shrug:

Faerie Fortune posted:

This Is So Unnecessary

Would you say that now, it is not necessary? :v:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Carbon dioxide posted:

He's probably supposed to be talking in verse or something equally stilted.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Zain posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love this this is amazing

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Zain posted:

Sounds familiar. Is that Glitch Mob?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Faerie Fortune posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love this this is amazing

Haha, glad you love it.

CrazySalamander posted:

Sounds familiar. Is that Glitch Mob?

Yep, dream within a dream.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Majora's Mask Link - committing Bank Fraud, making ladies call him 'Master' while on their knees. This Link is BAD to the bone.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Veloxyll posted:

making ladies call him 'Master' while on their knees. This Link is BAD to the bone.
Kind of makes me wonder if they see something other than a ten year old kid in a Question mask with a Kamaro Pez dispenser sticking out of his forehead.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Amazing plot, art style and atmosphere aside, this game is a bonafide treasure in that incorporates two of the best game mechanics in any Zelda game in the same game!

A Zelda Groundhog Day(s) game by itself would be amazing. A Zelda transformation-masks game by itself would be amazing. But they're both this game. It's incredible what they created in such a short amount of time after OoT was done.

I want more like it. Transformations could come back in any setting they want, really. But sadly I don't think we'll ever see such a tightly scheduled world (in terms of NPCs, events, side quests etc) in Zelda ever again without also having a time travel gimmick, and then it would just feel like a carbon copy. Without time travel it'd be pointless. What, the old lady gets robbed every Friday?

Edit: the mask collection by itself is also genius. Not only do all those macguffins each have their own purpose/use in the game (some more than others, admittedly), they all also mean something in the world of the game. They have meaning to the characters you get them from, or show them to. It's so well done.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 1, 2016

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 17 - Buttwings

Its our last episode with novel! Next time we're off to actually do plot things!

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

When I was a kid, I put off visits to dungeons as long as I could, since even Gohma freaked me out a lot. So I was really happy to see that Majora's Mask lets you do a ton of different things before you even set foot in the first dungeon. It really helped me prepare, get my bearings and become drawn into the world, even though I was still sorta stressed.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I wonder just how many heart containers you can have before going to the first level, short of glitching

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I believe it's 7, but I know for a fact you can have at least 6 before you even start Woodfall.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

You can get 20 heart containers pieces before going into the first dungeon, I'm pretty sure, for a grand total of 8 hearts.

e: vv - Oh, uh, whoops. I need more sleep. Thanks for pointing that out.

e2: Before going to the swamp at all would be 14 pieces, or 15 if you count the piece in the tree in that short area between Termina field and the swamp proper.

Telum fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 5, 2016

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Artix posted:

I believe it's 7, but I know for a fact you can have at least 6 before you even start Woodfall.

I asked that before watching the video. Sorry.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Zack Ater posted:

You can get 20 heart containers before going into the first dungeon, I'm pretty sure, for a grand total of 8 hearts.

20 heart pieces, for a total of 8 heart containers. I know the terminology doesn't really matter and everyone understood what you were talking about, but it still irked me.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So I'm not sure who made this but I've had it playing on loop while cleaning my apartment so you guys enjoy

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Zack Ater posted:

You can get 20 heart containers pieces before going into the first dungeon, I'm pretty sure, for a grand total of 8 hearts.

e: vv - Oh, uh, whoops. I need more sleep. Thanks for pointing that out.

e2: Before going to the swamp at all would be 14 pieces, or 15 if you count the piece in the tree in that short area between Termina field and the swamp proper.

Shoot me a PM with your list because I'm curious now. I can come up with 20 pieces but it includes a few which are technically possible but overwhelmingly tedious (the bank) or are so reliant on chance that you'd never feasibly get them without the intended method.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Artix posted:

Shoot me a PM with your list because I'm curious now. I can come up with 20 pieces but it includes a few which are technically possible but overwhelmingly tedious (the bank) or are so reliant on chance that you'd never feasibly get them without the intended method.

I'll still PM you, but the list does include those. Though you can get the latter the intended way before the first dungeon, unless I'm misremembering something.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Really you kind of need the extra hearts especially with the first and third bosses. Going up against the first with just 3 and the third with just 5 hearts would be a pain in the rear end.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 18 - Link Has Mad Ups

A note on this session: I was running a fever when we recorded this. ChaosArgate and I thought it would be fine since last time we did that we got the Shadow Temple videos but we also forgot that I had the entirety of Ocarina of Time before that point under my belt and kind of knew what I was doing.

This is Majora's Mask. I don't know what I'm doing. So I'm a little dopier and a little worse at combat than I normally am, so try not to get as mad as Artix did by the end of this, I was trying my best!

That being said, enjoy the first dungeon!

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

The spinturtles' croaks keep sounding to me like "get wrecked". It's like Link's wandered into a MOBA.

I'm proud that you remembered that you have a (shell) shield when you fought them. :3:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Aithon posted:

The spinturtles' croaks keep sounding to me like "get wrecked".

I was thinking the same thing. I found that to be quite amusing. Did they change that sound for the 3DS version? I don't seem to recall hearing that when I played it on my 3DS more recently.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I've always heard the turtles' sound as "jack crap." I have no idea why.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I'm not willing to share what I heard, but I'm pretty sure some edgy internet types have heard it the same way and made jokes about it

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
To me the turtle noise always sounded like "sand crab". It doesn't make sense, but that's what I get from it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I heard it as "quack quack" and imagined they were trying to be sneaky. "No death turtles here, just ducks."

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

"Aflac"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I wanted to post this nice rendering of the Deku Palace theme when Fae first visited it, as that would've been most fitting.

Except the message that's on screen for a split second after the song ends spoiled the fact there's a dungeon in the swamp. So I couldn't.

Now that the LP has progressed far enough to be inside the dungeon, I can finally link the song.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvdaBc7yrve8
It's one of her earlier works so the sound quality is a bit weak, but it's still some nice lyrics.