Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

BoneMonkey posted:

Nope, that was killing them all painlessly.

No, it was Stasis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
F
I, with AbysmalPeptoBismal's speech.

The necklace is super tempting, but the scrolls are probably more macro-scale important over all.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Next update tomorrow.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

F

I + Some kind of speech to David. Umm I guess since I asked for it I'll try my hand at it:

"David, your compassionate nature makes me proud to call you my son. I know you would gladly lay down your life if it would but earn these poor people a tiny chance to reach the safety of Ur. But, I ask you to think back to the event that brought us together. At Ibleam we were unable to rescue the entire city, we could only focus on saving the most vulnerable of it's citizens. We rescued a number of children that terrible day. You were one of them. Being taken from your home in such a way is an experience that places you in a unique position to understand the path ahead for these young ones.
I know you want to serve El in the best way you can. Consider this then: there are a number of different arenas in which one can fight for El. Sometimes that means fighting demons when they arrive on your doorstep, sometimes it means marching off into the wilderness to challenge the demons on their home turf. And again, at other times it means standing as an example of El's desire to see his favored creations treat each other better. These children look different from most in Kavodel or Zepath. That alone will convince some people that they are cannibals. When I arrived in Zepath, my father named me after Enkidu in an attempt to shield me from that same suspicion. That wasn't enough. It took a number of kind people, including Tudiya and Danal, to stand between me and the ignorant. These children will need much of the same aid when we get back. When we arrived here, you were one of the first to recognize these people's humanity. The children will need your compassion for a long time after we reach home. Please, come back with us and put your compassionate nature to work helping us aid these children."

The basic idea is to reference Ibleam and our efforts to save the children there, including him. Mention that we will need his compassion when we get back to Kavodel/Zepath, because these children are going to need all the help they can get to settle in and learn our ways. Not everyone is going to be as understanding of them as he has been. A lot of people will see their dark skin and call them cannibals.

Anybody that wants to edit it or can do better: Go for it!

+1 to this, and it's not in the vote, but can we sacrifice everything we don't take, asking specifically for protection to be given to the villagers we're leaving behind?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

vorebane posted:

can we sacrifice everything we don't take, asking specifically for protection to be given to the villagers we're leaving behind?

I think this is important, but also the villagers themselves/ anyone who stays to guide them should be the ones to sacrifice it

Also I don't trust this village leader guy & I thought all his poo poo got burned in the last sacrifice

E: amok's scrolls should be preserved even if we don't end up taking them thru the teleport

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 7, 2016

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Vote D,I

I would hate to lose David. Appealing to the good he can do with the children seems like a good idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

E: amok's scrolls should be preserved even if we don't end up taking them thru the teleport

The exact opposite of this. I'm pretty sure even Amok would prefer that.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

vorebane posted:

+1 to this, and it's not in the vote, but can we sacrifice everything we don't take, asking specifically for protection to be given to the villagers we're leaving behind?
You certainly could.

Given the fact that this place has probably been here for hundreds or thousands of years, do you think it likely El is going to bring the smiting, now?

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Anyone know how long we've been gone from Kavodel in game? I'm sure someone has said something about this before but I don't remember

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Diogines posted:

You certainly could.

Given the fact that this place has probably been here for hundreds or thousands of years, do you think it likely El is going to bring the smiting, now?

What if we scream 'El!' a bunch and 'El Shock My Phlegm!' That should do it. Right?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Assuming David doesn't go with them, I hope Diog can take us back sometime to show us their fate. It can be like the Takeshi's Castle of doomed savages braving the wilderness.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

They've probably already tapped into us by hailing us as a God (they'll still be believing it despite our orders) that we'll probably be treated to visions of them dying horribly or even them trying to access out well don't worry

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Diogines posted:

You certainly could.

I'm not asking for smiting, we can be the ones to dispense that. Some kind of edge or stealthiness for everyone would be cool though. Kinda wishing the portable stealth tent won now!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

FaustianQ posted:

Dropping my previous vote for Plan Basscop

I am, El help me, counting votes. If you want to change your vote, please cross it out in the original post, and put your new vote letters in bold, or I won't count them.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Zeroisanumber posted:

Do not destroy.

Nope, that was putting them into a safe sleep.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I am, El help me, counting votes. If you want to change your vote, please cross it out in the original post, and put your new vote letters in bold, or I won't count them.

Be sure to set up a patreon for your alcohol budget if you are becoming a vote counter.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Also BI.

The whispers seemed to like the idea of bringing knowledge back. For Amok's scrolls that we stole, let's bury them somewhere safe, and he can mindraperead the location from us next time we run into him.

Other strands of Enkidel's consciousness have better platitudes for David.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

There's a count already, the link is in my previous post.

Olothreutes posted:

The vote count.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 12, 2016

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Olothreutes posted:

There's a count already, the link is in my previous post.

Haha yep I just found that post as I was systematically going through and counting everything before it. :suicide:

Thanks! You are doing El's work!

For what it's worth, the counts look pretty similar, and it's pretty clear that FI has won.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Hey diog,

What's our well looking like right now?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Hey diog,

What's our well looking like right now?

It's in the update. We can't tell right now. Hopefully well sense will return when our supernatural senses stop ringing.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

maxhush posted:

They've probably already tapped into us by hailing us as a God (they'll still be believing it despite our orders) that we'll probably be treated to visions of them dying horribly or even them trying to access out well don't worry

If that happens it's what we deserve for giving them such unrealistic expectations.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I'm voting C,I anyway. Because that necklace seems more interesting than the scrolls. Amok can get them later, if we bury them or let the Gebebans cart them home for us.

Also I like David's spirit, but I prefer him alive. He comes with us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

maxhush posted:

Ok that's horrible but I hope it happens.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

It's in the update. We can't tell right now. Hopefully well sense will return when our supernatural senses stop ringing.

I figured things had calmed down enough by the time David was talking to us.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Outrail posted:

Ok that's horrible but I hope it happens.

And in the end, isn't that really what Ur's all about?

Azurius
Oct 31, 2010

Leaping to victory!
1: C
2: I

I feel like the necklace has the potential to be something cool, so I want to bring it home and find out.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Well there is one way to try and find out

Diog can we put on the necklace, once we do can we tell if it is anything other than mundane?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the necklace is my number 2 or 3. Gah.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
gently caress it, switching from Amoks' scrolls (F?) to the necklace (C?)

He has seen the time we stopped breathing and forgiven us, and this is way less dumb than that.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr Apollo posted:

Well there is one way to try and find out

Diog can we put on the necklace, once we do can we tell if it is anything other than mundane?

Minivote: Try on the necklace?
R. Yes.
S. No.
T. "Have one of the Gebebans try it on." - Viking_Helmet

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 7, 2016

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

R

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Have one of the Gebebans try it :)

Nah, R

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Diogines posted:

R. Yes.
S. No.

R Heck yeah

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Diogines posted:

R. Yes.
S. No.

S

Remember what happened when we grabbed the club?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

S If D&D has taught me anything its that trying to use unidentified items is a BAD idea

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
S

HELL NO
ENIKDEL GO THE EVER LOVING gently caress HOME

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

R

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

R I am so sure this is a bad idea, but I want to try this recklessness thing you guys have been doing, see how it feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Minivote: S. No

Also, voting that we teach the Gebebans how to properly sacrifice to El, and let them torch whatever we don't bring.