Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm surprised anyone is going out on a limb for merk at the moment, given they haven't said anything that should lean you towards town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

I'm surprised anyone is going out on a limb for merk at the moment, given they haven't said anything that should lean you towards town.

Merk can't die until he accuses me of being scum. We have a record to keep.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

TMMadman posted:

Why SSV and not PMom who started the whole MG/Merk thing by noting that MG started posting almost immediately after replacing out of the game here?

I wouldn't vote for SSV, but him saying merk is not good at scum made me laugh irl

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I wouldn't vote for SSV, but him saying merk is not good at scum made me laugh irl

Right? It's a bullshit move.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I have heard much about this merk character and I would like to see him come lay waste to haters

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

I have heard much about this merk character and I would like to see him come lay waste to haters

Oh merk is vastly overrated and he believes his own hype, but SSV's statement was like a cut rate butcher shop.

Full of baloney.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BottleKnight posted:

:shrug: he's much better at town than he is at scum

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
The podad votes make sense sorta, but the argument on meek seems off.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

The podad votes make sense sorta, but the argument on meek seems off.

Why

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am loath to agree with Glowku but I really want merk to come in and say anything before condemning him, while we have plenty from others to chew on, like Podima.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I am loath to agree with Glowku but I really want merk to come in and say anything before condemning him, while we have plenty from others to chew on, like Podima.

Definitely. I don't agree with TMM's argument at all. merk probably is busy, and I don't think he signed up to replace in this game thinking "If I get a role PM that says scum, I'm just gonna not post for multiple days for some reason"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Definitely. I don't agree with TMM's argument at all. merk probably is busy, and I don't think he signed up to replace in this game thinking "If I get a role PM that says scum, I'm just gonna not post for multiple days for some reason"

unfortunately, Mags did make him look pretty bad...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meta lurking stuff isn't good. I would want something more though before we skip over others and go straight to lunching merk. HOWEVER: defending merk with any conviction is also strange and I'm not totally for that. He's responsible for his own defense and needs to come in and say, you know, something, since he did say that he would replace in (supposedly.)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Why is this my argument all of a sudden? PMom is the one who originally pointed it out.

I know he's a busy guy with a good job and a new kid, but merk is known for making a lot of excuses for not posting when he is scum.

However, as I said, I was going to wait until he actually started posting before truly condemning him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Why is this my argument all of a sudden? PMom is the one who originally pointed it out.

I know he's a busy guy with a good job and a new kid, but merk is known for making a lot of excuses for not posting when he is scum.

However, as I said, I was going to wait until he actually started posting before truly condemning him.

Wait, yeah, how is TMM the owner of that argument?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Because you are the one relying on that meta argument, and that meta argument is the thing I'm disagreeing with. Even if it's accurate, which I don't really think it is, it's not really applicable to a player who hasn't posted yet. But you're right, you said you weren't going to say it until he said something and I did misrepresent you so I'm sorry.

PMom just pointed out the MG thing, which is pretty solid.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
mags's postings were extremely bad before he disappeared under very light pressure and his substitute isnt posting either (?)

like i dont know who merk is or what his meta is but i wanted to lynch mags before we settled on aa vs ar and merk happens to be a free lurker lynch even after leaving

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Merk is circumstantial. I'm waiting for Pod to do anything with that case other than hang himself with the rope he's been given.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

merk (3): dongsbot, PMom, SSV

Podima (2): BottleKnight, SSV, PMachine, -SSV

SirSamVimes (1): CCKeane

:h: With 18 alive it takes 10 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, August 8th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Tuesday) 1PM AEST. That's in about 22 hours from this post!

Note that gamerofthegame has requested a replacement (ugh). If you are reading this post PM me to jump in.

I am also sending prods tonight to everyone who hasn't (haven't?) posted yet. I think it's just merk but I could be wrong.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 8, 2016

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I am disgustingly drunk what's the vote?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok prods sent out. The votecount is in the above post. Deadline is floating but not by much, maybe only an hour tops.

Sorry for being absent this weekend, good luck!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im drunk. Let's.post

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

where is everyone, why are only 6 votes out when we have 18 alive

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

SirSamVimes posted:

where is everyone, why are only 6 votes out when we have 18 alive

It's the weekend. Weekends suck. I'm sorry I haven't been around!

I need to think on things still, but to be honest, I don't really see the case on Podima. I feel like Pods was being genuine in his efforts, but had relatively little to work with. I can see merk/Mags, but I agree that merk needs to say something. Anything. At some point. If he doesn't show up at all tomorrow then I'd be willing to vote his way at deadline.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Meinberg posted:

It's the weekend. Weekends suck. I'm sorry I haven't been around!

I need to think on things still, but to be honest, I don't really see the case on Podima. I feel like Pods was being genuine in his efforts, but had relatively little to work with. I can see merk/Mags, but I agree that merk needs to say something. Anything. At some point. If he doesn't show up at all tomorrow then I'd be willing to vote his way at deadline.

Laaaaaaaaaaame

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah Meinberg, if that's your argument I'd like to hear you substantiate it more that that. "It feels genuine" isn't a gut read I'm buying on Podima at this point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Actually, I take that back-slash-let me rephrase:

AR Gave Podima a bunch to work with, and he ran with it as hard as anybody. Given that, what's curious is where he picks out very little to work with in the case of many other folks just in case the AR case lost traction (which it did). That hedgey behavior really doesn't sit well with me.

He prodded you for opinions and called them lame when you gave a reasonable (if not boilerplate) read of the game. He archived my own reasoning for future reference to try to nail me for a bus when and if AR flipped scum. Etc.

The worst-looking thing for merk is the toothless case Podima put on him and then halfheartedly pushed later. I'm not totally comfortable saying that looks worse for merk than for Pod.

Basically, Meinberg, I disagree. There was quite enough to work with, and Podima went above and beyond that in a way that's pinging me negatively.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
aside from the mags posting stuff which seems a bit weak tbh, why are people so keen to vote out merk?

i wish podima would post again come back pod

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Gamerofthegame has been replaced by chaoslord by request.

:d: About 12 hours left in the day.

Continue!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

comes running into the thread and looks at everyone

WHO IS THE SCUM?????

Nailed the entrance. Ok good work. Break time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

aside from the mags posting stuff which seems a bit weak tbh, why are people so keen to vote out merk?

i wish podima would post again come back pod

TBF I'm always Keane.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

A lot of people are seemingly absent these past few days. Maybe the weekend will fix that?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apparently.

I'm around, gonna re-read this day just to refresh myself on what's gone down.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, while I'd vote for Podima today, I'm kind of thinking we should just lynch a lurker. Ecco won't modkill them and they are just going to be a thorn in our side.

I know it was the weekend, but I would have expected a little more posting. Maybe things will turn around by the deadline, but I'm not holding my breath.

And I'm not picky about the lurker, basically anyone below the Ecco line is fair game in my eyes. Although, I'd probably hesitate a little at lynching Atomic Soda just because he's new and I'm still giving him a bit of newbie leeway.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello - I checked out of this game a bit during the past weekend, but will reread and catch up today. Not going to lurk out of a game I replaced into. Sorry for the inactivity!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMM, I'm of the same mind at the moment.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the dongsbot 9000 effort case (disclosure: historically low rates of success) on why MG3/merk is the only vote worth making

1. MG3 made two very weird posts in his case against SSV.

MG3 posted:

##vote sirsamvines

Check his history then vote him folks.

MG3 posted:

SSV's vote is scum awkward as gently caress

At the time, SSV had a very normal post history. As TMM pointed out, SSV is a popular scum push b/c he is on NZ time, even though he does turn up and post frequently enough to case / be cased as the game continues.

TMMadman posted:

It's also pretty much standard SSV which is always why he seems to be a favorite target to push as scum.

I snap voted this scum bitch before eventually switching to AR and then AA, the eventual vote leaders. But I would have been happy to stay on MG3.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##vote mags

only scum try to push lurker lynches like twelve hours in or whatever

MG3's response to the mild push I, PMom, TMM, possibly others put on him for that strange post? He disappeared from the forums, before subbing out and then posting again.

He was then replaced by merk.

Let's take a look at merk's post history this game.

merk posted:

There's nothing there.

Completely ignoring merk's meta, which I do not know at all, because he stopped playing mafia games before I started playing mafia games, he literally hasn't posted once. If you want to vote for someone who's lurking, not putting any effort into the game, etc, why don't you vote for the guy who's literally not made a single post???

To recap,

1. MG3 posted like a scum.
2. Then he disappeared after mild pressure.
3. Then his replacement is literally a non-entity in the game.

MG3/merk is the only vote to make sense because he's literally never made a non-scummy post the entire game.

Namaste.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

altho trying is scummy so you could vote 4 me too :rolleyes: (the scummiest emote)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

TMM, I'm of the same mind at the moment.

I wish I wasn't on a phone because I'd check out a few of the people in the middle rank of people and probably include them. I feel like a few of those people posted a lot pregame/early on D1, but haven't posted a lot since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like tmm and max here are like "hmm we should vote out a lurker" and then there's a guy who hasnt made a single post this game wtf

• Locked thread