Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
1. Having some basic handguns, assault rifles, and body armor is a good idea. So are the explosives, since we have skills in those areas. I'll spend a point on the gas masks if need be.

2. I also agree that we should have a doctor and forensics/medical facilities. I'm not sure if Strings like CEASEFIRE and Fingerprinting require us to devote our own facility space to them, but OTOH I don't want to be routing everything through outside agencies.

3. We should not spend points on anything that you can literally buy at Target. Cell-issued mobile phones make sense, but I don't know why knives and batons are a thing you can by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I would still favor us being nobodys who get some shithole base instead of a fancy estate, even if the estate gives us free stuff. We gotta earn our awesome poo poo.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

FireSight posted:

I would still favor us being nobodys who get some shithole base instead of a fancy estate, even if the estate gives us free stuff. We gotta earn our awesome poo poo.

The only reason I would support this is because literally every other Con-X game I have been involved in the cell has bought the estate. I'd like to see something out there, like an underground base, or the ship one, which already has a helipad. Or a storefront so we can be like Archer operating above a dry cleaners.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Halloween Jack posted:

1. Having some basic handguns, assault rifles, and body armor is a good idea. So are the explosives, since we have skills in those areas. I'll spend a point on the gas masks if need be.

2. I also agree that we should have a doctor and forensics/medical facilities. I'm not sure if Strings like CEASEFIRE and Fingerprinting require us to devote our own facility space to them, but OTOH I don't want to be routing everything through outside agencies.

3. We should not spend points on anything that you can literally buy at Target. Cell-issued mobile phones make sense, but I don't know why knives and batons are a thing you can by.

Pulling strings typically just goes through our HERMES uplinks rather than our own facilities; we have to send that poo poo off and it takes time.

As for why drop points on stuff we can buy? It's untraceable. You know how in cop shows they catch killers based off the fact they had a receipt or a credit card transaction at Dillard's for a knife or whatever? Same thing here, but with aliens.

Reposting this for this page since it was at the bottom of the last page, but this is my rough suggestion:

Military - 20
Intelligence - 10
LEO - 10
Paranormal - 5
Civilian - 5
Science - 5

55/55 spent
Marine Research Vessel - 10 RP (Science and Research influence required to purchase)
NSA Magic Van - 10 RP (NSA job required to purchase)
2 Good Workspaces - 6 RP (Pick skills)
Passenger Helicopter - 5 RP
Security Sedan - 5 RP
Mainframe - 5 RP
Briefing Room - 2 RP
Brig - 2 RP (Criminal, Intel, LEO, Mil)
Comm Links - 2 RP
5 Heavy handguns and 5000 rounds - 1 RP (Civ, Criminal, Intel, LEO, Mil)
4 assault rifles and 1 SMG, and 4000 rounds for rifle and 100 for SMG - 1 RP (Crim, Intel, LEO, Mil)
10 Laser sights - 1 RP (Civ, Crim, Intel, LEO, Mil)
4 B&E Kits - 1 RP (Civ, Crim, Intel, LEO)
2 Electronic Lockpicks - 1 RP (Civ, Crim, Intel, LEO)
6 cell phones - 1 RP
4 scramblers - 1 RP
Image Processing Software - 1 RP (Civ, Intel, S&R)

8/8 Space
Helipad (Free)
Radar Array, GPS Terminal, Base Radio (Free)
3 Suites (Free)
Briefing Room (1 space)
Brig (2 space)
Comm Links (1 space)
Mainframe (1 space)
2 Workspaces (2 space)
1 Workstation (1 space)

I agree with Firesight solely on that the estate is boring, even though in Louisiana it'd be some old rich gently caress's plantation home.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I can literally make a phone call and have a CIA mind control laser in my hands within the day, operating our missions out of stately Wayne Manor isn't exactly a stretch.

e: That being said, I dig Dyne's list, let's just go with that.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I like Dynes list, going with it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Only potential change I would make is the cargo copter instead of passenger, otherwise we have to dock places to drive the sedan and magic van off the ship.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Werix posted:

Only potential change I would make is the cargo copter instead of passenger, otherwise we have to dock places to drive the sedan and magic van off the ship.

Actually, this is a good point and I agree. But then we also need parachutes so we can drop the vans from the air. And jets to guide them! And and and...

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

I get that but we don't have a garage on the ship, so the vehicles are on-shore at the dock itself. We might want to invest some RPs into a small, on-shore facility maybe.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

John Dyne posted:

I get that but we don't have a garage on the ship, so the vehicles are on-shore at the dock itself. We might want to invest some RPs into a small, on-shore facility maybe.

If the helicopter can carry them, they can park in the helicopter.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

FireSight posted:

If the helicopter can carry them, they can park in the helicopter.

max load of 6,000 lbs, so the helicopter couldn't carry both at once.

John Dyne posted:

This is a good idea. Maybe a store front for 1 with a garage for 1? Maybe drop the workspaces? Or we could just drop the sedan, stay with the magic van, and then that 5 RP could be spent on other stuff?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Can we drop the briefing room? Not at home right now, so I can't see what it does.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

This is a good idea. Maybe a store front for 1 with a garage for 1? Maybe drop the workspaces? Or we could just drop the sedan, stay with the magic van, and then that 5 RP could be spent on other stuff?

Workspaces I'm fine with dropping. They just give a skill bonus to specific science, humanities, and other fun poo poo, but its only like a +2 or +3 bonus with the RP we dumped on it; if we dropped both that'd be 6 RP and two space.

FireSight posted:

Can we drop the briefing room? Not at home right now, so I can't see what it does.

It's a room secure from any external monitoring save for maybe an NSA TEMPEST attack which, out on the water, isn't likely. It basically means that we can go in there to discuss mission sensitive poo poo without concerns of being bugged or transmitting confidential material.

Here's a modified one without the workspaces.

Military - 20
Intelligence - 10
LEO - 10
Paranormal - 5
Civilian - 5
Science - 5

55/55 spent
Marine Research Vessel - 10 RP (Science and Research influence required to purchase)
Security Sedan - 5 RP
Mainframe - 5 RP
Storage Vault - 2 RP [Storefront]
+Armored Facility - 1 RP
Suite - 2 RP [Storefront]
Briefing Room - 2 RP
Comm Links - 2 RP
4 assault rifles and 1 SMG, and 4000 rounds for rifle and 100 for SMG - 1 RP (Crim, Intel, LEO, Mil)
6 cell phones - 1 RP
4 scramblers - 1 RP

Ship: 6/8 Space
Helipad (Free)
3 Suites (Free)
Briefing Room (1 space)
Brig (2 space)
Comm Links (1 space)
Mainframe (1 space)
1 Workstation (1 space)

Storefront: 3/4 Space
2 car garage (Free)
Security System (Free)
Armored Storage Vault (1 space)
Suite (2 space)

This gives us both an on-shore and off-shore location for the cell, with one suited for storage and the other as a mobile base of operations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Aww, just realized that there is no C-4. Oh well.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

John Dyne posted:

I would see if Viva will let us swap out one for one on weapons so that we aren't taking guns people can't or won't use; I use SMGs rather than assault rifles, for example, so it should be possible to get 4 rifles and an SMG at the same cost with the appropriate amount of ammo.

do this

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

The only reason I would support this is because literally every other Con-X game I have been involved in the cell has bought the estate. I'd like to see something out there, like an underground base, or the ship one, which already has a helipad. Or a storefront so we can be like Archer operating above a dry cleaners.

What if I supported this by disallowing the estate, how mad would you all be?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Viva Miriya gave me the OK to swap my sheet around to add one point of Influence (Intel), giving us five more points. I say we go with the Boatplan, and use the extra points to get two staff members - a Sailor (to drive our boat, since nobody knows how) and a Doctor (Forensics pick for Medicine specialty and Science type). If we can pry one more point free (maybe drop the Armored Facility from the storage, or go from the armored sedan to a SUV) to get a Forensics Workspace I think it'd be perfect. Never mind missed that we had two workspaces already.

Edit: If anyone else can free up an advantage point for more influence then we could get kevlar vests, ranged stunners, 250 pounds of C4, detonators, and night vision goggles and be pretty much perfect.

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 9, 2016

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Since Piell pointed out that I can have a second Influence 1 without needing to raise rank or status, I'm swapping out NIMO for Influence (Intelligence) 1

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

RULES question!

Does Cheaper (Watercraft) reduce the price of our boat base? And Werix forgot that his Cheaper (Aircraft) reduces the cost of our helicopter.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

FireSight posted:

RULES question!

Does Cheaper (Watercraft) reduce the price of our boat base? And Werix forgot that his Cheaper (Aircraft) reduces the cost of our helicopter.

I didn't forget. I just dropped that pulling strings for other poo poo.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

FireSight posted:

RULES question!

As far as I am aware, no. It's meant specifically for vehicles like jet skis and boats.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Speaking of, Cheaper (X) doesn't have a minimum cost it reduces things to, so we can have all the jet skis and zodiacs we want.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Piell posted:

Speaking of, Cheaper (X) doesn't have a minimum cost it reduces things to, so we can have all the jet skis and zodiacs we want.

"Hey guys, I heard there were, uh, lizard-people in Hawaii. Lets take the boat out there. Don't worry, we will pick up a bunch of jet ski's when we get there."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Alright, my official suggested update to the boatplan for the 10 additional points we have:

Staff - Sailor [2]
Staff - Doctor (Forensics pick for Medicine specialty and Science type) [2] - reduced from 3 points by Dachshundofdoom Medical Support
6 Kevlar Vests [1]
5 Ranged Stunners [1]
250 lbs of C4 [1]
50 detonators [1]
6 Night Vision Goggles [1]

For the last point, I'm thinking either 4 Lockpick Guns, a Light Missile Launcher with 5 missiles, 40 stun grenades, or 20 vials of Sodium Pentothal. Opinions?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Can any of us use a missile launcher? Or interrogate someone? If not, I would suggest getting gas masks or SCUBA gear.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

FireSight posted:

Can any of us use a missile launcher? Or interrogate someone? If not, I would suggest getting gas masks or SCUBA gear.

You don't need skills to use a missile launcher, it has its own targeting bonus (+6). Gas masks are OK but we don't really have anything to take advantage of them, and I'm not sure how much use we'll be getting out of SCUBA gear.

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 10, 2016

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I think the Marine research vessel is a cool idea. If we have a brig, we may as well also have :birddrugs:. Morrison is a skilled interrogator, so we can make use of that and the brig.

I also want us to have C4 because we have the skills to use it and why not. I think it would be far better to have concussion grenades than missiles. Raises fewer questions, if nothing else.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I can't wait to start dropping C4 out of the helicopter like the Philadelphia police.

Wait, does that make us the bad guys?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Werix posted:

I can't wait to start dropping C4 out of the helicopter like the Philadelphia police.

Wait, does that make us the bad guys?

No, that makes us awesome.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ok, lets just finalize this so we can get started.

Military - 25
Intelligence - 15
LEO - 10
Paranormal - 5
Civilian - 5
Science - 5

65/65 spent
Security Sedan - 5 RP
Mainframe - 5 RP
+Armored Facility - 1 RP
Briefing Room - 2 RP
Comm Links - 2 RP
6 cell phones - 1 RP
4 scramblers - 1 RP
Staff - Sailor [2]
Staff - Doctor (Forensics pick for Medicine specialty and Science type) [2] - reduced from 3 points by Dachshundofdoom Medical Support
6 Kevlar Vests [1]
5 Ranged Stunners [1]
250 lbs of C4 [1]
50 detonators [1]
Light Missile Launcher and 5 missiles [1]

Helipad (Free)
3 Suites (Free)
Briefing Room (1 space)
Brig (2 space)
Comm Links (1 space)
Mainframe (1 space)
1 Workstation (1 space)

2 car garage (Free)
Security System (Free)
Suite (2 space)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I have guns, bombs, armor, and a place to violate suspects' civil liberties. Good to go.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Just verifying it is the passenger helicopter. Makes sense now that we have the store front on shore with the garage, just making sure.

I don't care either way, I get to fly a helicopter.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm unable to update on schedule due to technical difficulties on my home PC. Depending on how the hell purge goes I should be on track by Wednesday.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok sorry for the delay, I finally got my PC working right, looks like my GPU gave out and I overreacted by hellpurging everything lol. I'm going to review the posts ITT and we'll finalize the cell resources/all that stuff then we'll get this thread started.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FireSight posted:

Ok, lets just finalize this so we can get started.

Military - 25
Intelligence - 15
LEO - 10
Paranormal - 5
Civilian - 5
Science - 5

65/65 spent
Security Sedan - 5 RP
Mainframe - 5 RP
+Armored Facility - 1 RP
Briefing Room - 2 RP
Comm Links - 2 RP
6 cell phones - 1 RP
4 scramblers - 1 RP
Staff - Sailor [2]
6 Kevlar Vests [1]
5 Ranged Stunners [1]
250 lbs of C4 [1]
50 detonators [1]
Light Missile Launcher and 5 missiles [1]

Helipad (Free)
3 Suites (Free)
Briefing Room (1 space)
Brig (2 space)
Comm Links (1 space)
Mainframe (1 space)
1 Workstation (1 space)

2 car garage (Free)
Security System (Free)
Suite (2 space)

I'm gonna go with this being the final version. As mentioned by Dyne ITT I'm starting you guys off in the South. Your MARINE RESEARCH VESSEL will be somewhere out in the Gulf of Mexico. As for your storefront your front is a PJ's Coffee Shop in New Orleans somewhere connected to some other building which has your garage/living quarters/etc.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Game Thread is LIVE!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ah yes, belle chase, the place i used to go to for the air shows when I was a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Station_Joint_Reserve_Base_New_Orleans

For Military Pulling Strings purposes this is likely what you'd be working with, whatever assets are on that base. Firesight's SEAL has a cover there as a person assigned to a sub unit of the 377th Theater Support Command. He quite possibly may be the only SEAL officially on base most days. While that is noteworthy in and of itself, I'm sure he's smart enough to put on a set of blue cammies that don't have a big rear end SEAL trident for walking around the base or going around in civilian clothes most days. As AEGIS agents though you are gonna play fast and loose with various identities and covers I assume and that why I mention this example. Firesight is likely not gonna wanna rep SEAL casually just walking across a random base, for one its annoying to have some fresh faced sailor fresh out of boot gawking at you occasionally. More of a problem is the other major conspiracy in the US Government, NDD aka BLACK BOOK getting wind of something unusual and realizing its not one of their people down there.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 19, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Out of town for work. I'll be back this afternoon and will post then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Have the cell members met each other before, or is this the first time we are meeting? Also do we know about our boat and all the gear with it?

• Locked thread