Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

A classic example of the Sid Vicious Stomp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOSYcM4AJ8k

oh god please no, certainly one of the nastiest wrestling injuries that I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nuebot posted:

Doubly so if it's a streamer or youtube person getting super indignant and making a rant video about their stuff being taken down for breaking an NDA or something

If they're filming themselves sitting at mom's dinner table, waving around a few $1 bills, whining, "This is all I have to my name now, what am I gonna do? THANKS YOUTUBE NOW I AM POOR," it's one of those super fancy ice cream desserts with edible gold foil on it. So goddamn enjoyable. You feel a little guilty as you eat it, but at the end of the day, you don't care, because it was amazing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Maybe it was an old Schadenfreude Thread where we discussed the Lucy Japanese Rockabilly Guy statue? Looks like they've finally taken it down. :(

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Actually, R2-D2 asked that camaro to blow its motivator so that Uncle Owen would have to take R2.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dear Prudence posted:

:nms: A french gymnast breaks their leg. You've been warned :nms:
https://imgur.com/cspNHN4?r

And then the medics loving dropped him.

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
So a guy where I live put these up in full view of everyone who drives onto the island:

I thought these kind of gestures only happened in 80s movies! It even managed to get into the national shitrag paper https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1572160/love-rat-john-leaves-huge-public-message-apologising-to-partner-natalie-at-the-side-of-the-road/

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Gorilla Salad posted:

What the hell is happening at 6:10? Are the trucks in slow motion and that other guy's flying along at loving light speed?

Josef bugman posted:

They're going down a steep hill and need to keep it slow to stop from reaching relativistic speeds on their descent.

Yep this. The real freude is the other truck that "drives past them" is due to its brakes failing going down the incline :v:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Homemade flamethrower used to kill cockroaches sparks fire

quote:

CENTRALIA, WASH.
Fire officials in Centralia say a resident sparked a small fire in an apartment while trying to kill cockroaches with a homemade flamethrower.
KOMO-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2b3Ir10 ) that fire crews were called to the apartment on Monday morning after receiving a report of a commercial structure fire.
By the time firefighters arrived, the resident had extinguished the flames. No one was injured.
A preliminary investigation found that the resident was using bug spray and a lighter to create a flamethrower for killing cockroaches. That sparked the fire.
It's not clear whether any cockroaches were actually killed in the process.

I don't really have anything to add to that.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
How could you add to that? That headline is a thing of beauty.

And I love the implied "logic" the guy used - bug spray kills bugs, but FLAMING bug spray must kill 'em better!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ExecuDork posted:

And I love the implied "logic" the guy used - bug spray kills bugs, but FLAMING bug spray must kill 'em better!

That's the kind of logic drunk me could get into.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

is this the same centralia that inspired silent hill and has an underground coal vein fire going on 60 years?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

im pooping! posted:

is this the same centralia that inspired silent hill and has an underground coal vein fire going on 60 years?

Wrong state. That one is in Penn.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nah, that one's in Pennsylvania.

E:f;b, but to add to this it's also the sorta-setting/inspiration for the worst Dan Aykroyd movie ever: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_but_Trouble_(1991_film)

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Aug 8, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ExecuDork posted:

I've done that before.

Asian cockroachs are incredibly tough and take bug spray like it's a mildly peppery steak sauce. Fire is obviously the answer.

Unfortunately, the result is a flaming cockroach running away to somewhere to hide - e.g. into the cupboard where you store flammable stuff.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

spog posted:

Unfortunately, the result is a flaming cockroach running away to somewhere to hide - e.g. into the cupboard where you store flammable stuff.
Sounds like you just weren't burning hot enough. Maybe what you need is a homemade thermite launcher?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm continuously shocked every day that Colin Furze has both his eyes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

flosofl posted:

Wrong state. That one is in Penn.

Still isn't as cool as the natural gas fire!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Troll Level: Epic Grandmaster

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/-game-of-thrones-creator-george-rr-martin-announce/414231

quote:

Game Of Thrones author George RR Martin has confirmed that Wild Cards, the science fiction superhero comic book series he edits, will be adapted for television.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did Heroes teach the television networks nothing?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I thought Heroes going to poo poo was more because of the Writers Strike.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So did I. Then Season 3 came out and proved Season 2 wasn't a fluke.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mind the walrus posted:

Did Heroes teach the television networks nothing?

All the rest of the recent super hero tv shows have done well enough

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When Heroes was airing, I saw an interview with Tim Kring where he said something like "yeah, coming up we're going to introduce so many new heroes! That's what everyone wants to see -- more cool heroes! So we're coming up with all these crazy new powers and you just can't wait to see them!"

Actually, of course, what people wanted was to see fewer drat people with superpowers, and to have the show focus on the four or five characters everyone liked (Sylar, Hiro, horn-rimmed-glasses guy) and flesh them out more.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

When Heroes was airing, I saw an interview with Tim Kring where he said something like "yeah, coming up we're going to introduce so many new heroes! That's what everyone wants to see -- more cool heroes! So we're coming up with all these crazy new powers and you just can't wait to see them!"

Actually, of course, what people wanted was to see fewer drat people with superpowers, and to have the show focus on the four or five characters everyone liked (Sylar, Hiro, horn-rimmed-glasses guy) and flesh them out more.

Actually what I wanted was for them to kill off almost everybody, including Tim Kring.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I would also have accepted that outcome.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

Actually what I wanted was for them to kill off almost everybody, including Tim Kring.

At least kill off Sylar. After he survived the Season 1 finale I knew the story was going wrong. A dark mirror antagonist only works if the story loving resolves the contrast at some point.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
There's been a bit of angst in Australia over filling in the national census with your name and address, because they're now keeping the data, linking it to other Government databases (including the Tax Office, Centrelink etc) and not being able to say the information won't be hacked with any authority.

The good news is that your information is secure, because the web site is down, for pretty much everyone in the country after 5pm. Also, budget repair has been accomplished, because most of the country will be fined $180 per day for failing to fill in their details.

Soon as I heard IBM was involved, I knew it wouldn't work. Going to be some fun interviews tomorrow morning with Government Ministers blaming hackers, DDOSers and the Islamic State for hiring IBM and relying on the cloud more than Lowtax does.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's going to be great when after weeks and weeks of everyone in power telling us that our data is completely 100% safe with the government, they are inevitably hacked by some Albanian gangsters.

Wait, hang on, not great, the other thing. poo poo. It's going to be poo poo. I'm pretty sure there's going to be lots of John and Jane Smith with their kids Jack and Mary reported tonight...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

But it's primarily a prose fiction series, not a comic book series! My angry e-mails with corrections are already flying!
:goonsay:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Azhais posted:

All the rest of the recent super hero tv shows have done well enough

Except the other attempt at Heroes.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

GRRM is not involved in the development of that, though he might be getting paid something for his portion of the rights. Who is the schadenfreude on, exactly?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Wait... is LA Beast legit mentally ill? Because this video is :stare:

Also, he's been completely off social media for the last 2 weeks after this crystal pepsi tantrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmcHGigY0g0

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

Also, he's been completely off social media for the last 2 weeks after this crystal pepsi tantrum.

You're telling me that a dude that eats light bulbs and poo poo for attention might have some mental issues going on? I refuse to believe that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's the night of the Australian census and this year the Australian Bureau of Statistics decided to try and get away from the old pen & paper version and get as many people as possible to fill in their data online. Let's check in and see how that's working out for them!

3 hours ago:
https://twitter.com/ABSCensus/status/762961251764805633

About 40 minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/ABSCensus/status/762996836357419008

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

doverhog posted:

GRRM is not involved in the development of that, though he might be getting paid something for his portion of the rights. Who is the schadenfreude on, exactly?

The TV production companies wasting their time and the audience dumb enough to watch.

Chromatic posted:

LA Beast has been mentally ill from the start. His channel is literally the adult equivalent of the "Will you give me your pudding snack if I eat three worms?" kid from elementary school. South Park's episode about the Jackass guys where Kenny becomes a whore literally applies to this guy.

Dude looks legit unwell there though, even for him.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's the night of the Australian census and this year the Australian Bureau of Statistics decided to try and get away from the old pen & paper version and get as many people as possible to fill in their data online. Let's check in and see how that's working out for them!

So on a continent known for its gigantic size where rural residences can be literally hundreds of miles apart, the government decided to rely on them to accurately report in using an online census?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

The TV production companies wasting their time and the audience dumb enough to watch.

Hey, if you don't wanna see a detective with a squid for a nose then I don't know what to tell you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

So on a continent known for its gigantic size where rural residences can be literally hundreds of miles apart, the government decided to rely on them to accurately report in using an online census?

I'm guessing they'd have a slightly different approach to rural areas, I know they go to pains to collect info from Aboriginal townships and homeless people. People in suburban areas had the option of having an old fashioned paper form sent to them if they requested it so you can imagine how all the old people who aren't good at internets were freaking out and hammering the help line because they thought they were going to get slammed with a $180 fine for each day they didn't fill in the data.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You're telling me that a dude that eats light bulbs and poo poo for attention might have some mental issues going on? I refuse to believe that.

The last couple of years he's seemed to be a regular "bro" who did all that crazy poo poo because it was funny got views. The last few months though have been weird for him because he became obsessed with crystal pepsi and would go on weird posting sprees in the comment sections on a few of his videos.

It's like he went off his meds or something. I don't know if he was on them in the first place but it seems like a similar scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No way that dude isn't supposed to be on meds of some kind