Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

Trojan.exe posted:

goon story

it's a bit strange that you would mourn the loss of a friendship group which accepts this dude as an integral member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

KomodoWagon posted:

Lol for real, just carry a gun jfc

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Aside from like, Dante what famous accounts of ye olde nice guys are there?

Catullus:

quote:

Aurelius & Furius, true comrades,
whether Catullus penetrates to where in
outermost India booms the eastern ocean’s
wonderful thunder;

whether he stops with Arabs or Hyrcani,
Parthian bowmen or nomadic Sagae;
or goes to Egypt, which the Nile so richly
dyes, overflowing;

even if he should scale the lofty Alps, or
summon to mind the mightiness of Caesar
viewing the Gallic Rhine, the dreadful Britons
at the world’s far end--

you’re both prepared to share in my adventures,
and any others which the gods may send me.
Back to my girl then, carry her this bitter
message, these spare words:

May she have joy & profit from her cocksmen,
go down embracing hundreds all together,
never with love, but without interruption
wringing their balls dry;

nor look to my affection as she used to,
for she has left it broken, like a flower
at the edge of a field after the plowshare
brushes it, passing.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to need the Latin word for "cocksmen." Google Translate isn't being helpful.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Trojan.exe posted:

At some point after that, me and Mr. Nice Goon had some conversation via text, and the only reason why that's important is because I wouldn't have known how this word was spelled if he had said it out loud. He said I was "just being tsundere." Tsundere, upon looking it up and according to Google is a Japanese term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing a warmer side over time. Umm, okay. So he thought my "no" and disinterest was just me being tsundere. It was also around this time that he revealed that I looked and acted exactly like an anime character that he was really into. Oh and this character was tsundere

What character was it?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Command Ant posted:

What character was it?

Let's not do this.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Sentient Data posted:

To put it simply, people that were raised by anime and 80s movies were taught that "no" just means "not yet"

Towards the end of high school, some guy who was in my social circle and knew I was into martial arts invited me to come over to his house and see this "really cool Japanese show that I know you'll love!" When I got there, we made pleasantries, he was super hyped to be hanging out, and then we sat on the couch and he put on a grainy homemade subtitled version of Love Hina, sprayed some Binaca into his mouth and then tried to make out with me. I say make out because he didn't so much try to kiss me as launch himself onto me and force his tongue into my mouth. I pushed him off and asked him what the hell he was thinking and he immediately burst into tears and started trying to explain, "I'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRY, I THOUGHT YOU LIKED ME!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT! WHY WOULD YOU COME HERE IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE ME???? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAT DOWN ON THE COUCH WITH ME! MY DAD SAID I HAD TO BE MORE ASSERTIVE WITH GIRLS OR I'D NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND! PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE! THEY'LL NEVER STOP LAUGHING AT ME!"

The funny thing about it (looking back now) was that his rant was pretty much exactly like one of the millions of shouting episodes the main character on that anime does. The only way it could have been closer would be if he'd had a bloody nose at the same time he was crying. I told him I would't tell anyone about what he tried or the sobbing afterwards, and he dried off his eyes and apologized and I said it was just a misunderstanding, and I was going to go, but there were no hard feelings, then he stood up and tried to kiss me again. I kneed him in the stomach or groin and he fell down, and this time I just ran though the door and out to my car, and he followed me yelling "I'm SORRY! I thought you were starting to like me! Just be my girlfriend, OKAY! Everyone at school thinks your a lesbian and you have threesomes with your brother and his girlfriend [throughout high school I used to hang out with my twin brother and his girlfriend, who lived across the street from us] but if you go out with me I'll tell them that's not true! Please! Pleeeeeeaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" But by then I was in backing out of his driveway while he stood there crying and yelled "Come back!!!!"

I never felt in danger though, just really grossed out. It was awkward at school for a few weeks since we had a bunch of classes together, but then we got a new girl who was Japanese, and he stopped trying to talk to me.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Dudes really are scary though. Today I got a table tent thrown at my head by a probable rapist.

I was bartending and one of the servers had just gotten off and was sitting at the bar chatting with one of the customers. I gave the girl two shots and a beer and she was instantly on the floor. I imagine she had either been secretly drinking on shift, popping pills, or got roofied because she was no longer able to keep her head up and was talking nonsense.

The dude she was talking to keep asking to drive her home and eventually she was like "ooooookay". At this point I stepped in and told the guy another server was gonna take her home so don't worry about it. He got really defensive and just kept repeating "Why? I'm just being nice and doing her a favor!" and kept insisting he take her. Then I had to tell him "Listen man, there's no way in hell you're taking this girl anywhere. You're being way too insistent on taking someone you don't know home when she can barely talk. Leave or I call the cops." He pitched a fit about how he was just trying to be helpful and then threw a table tent at me on his way out the door.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CubanMissile posted:

Dudes really are scary though. Today I got a table tent thrown at my head by a probable rapist.

I was bartending and one of the servers had just gotten off and was sitting at the bar chatting with one of the customers. I gave the girl two shots and a beer and she was instantly on the floor. I imagine she had either been secretly drinking on shift, popping pills, or got roofied because she was no longer able to keep her head up and was talking nonsense.

The dude she was talking to keep asking to drive her home and eventually she was like "ooooookay". At this point I stepped in and told the guy another server was gonna take her home so don't worry about it. He got really defensive and just kept repeating "Why? I'm just being nice and doing her a favor!" and kept insisting he take her. Then I had to tell him "Listen man, there's no way in hell you're taking this girl anywhere. You're being way too insistent on taking someone you don't know home when she can barely talk. Leave or I call the cops." He pitched a fit about how he was just trying to be helpful and then threw a table tent at me on his way out the door.

:stare: Yup, you prevented a rape and possible long-term kidnapping/abduction or straight up murder. Pat yourself on the back goonette

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PallasAthene posted:

It was awkward at school for a few weeks since we had a bunch of classes together, but then we got a new girl who was Japanese, and he stopped trying to talk to me.

Vintage weeaboo.

KomodoWagon posted:

:stare: Yup, you prevented a rape and possible long-term kidnapping/abduction or straight up murder. Pat yourself on the back goonette

Yeah jesus loving christ good on you CubanMissle.

E= \/ \/ \/ "Bateman radiation" that's good. I'm using it. It's mine now.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 8, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I read Elliot's manifesto thanks to this thread and the funniest thing to me is how he literally never hits on, asks out, or even chats up a single girl and instead just sits in class, at tables in public, or alone in his room and waits for hot blondes to approach him. then he cries when they don't. If he had tried at all he would have gotten laid but I imagine he was projecting incredibly strong Bateman radiation in person so even then maybe not.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

CubanMissile posted:

You did good. You should be proud. Holy crap that sounds like a frightening situation.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

KomodoWagon posted:

I'm a boy, but thanks! The thing that bothers me was the guy was a regular until that day. I really hope that was his first try at something like that.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It almost certainly wasn't.

Also dick pics or stop lying

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
One time I flirted with a bartender and she laughed and said she was a lesbian

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Same except he said he was gay and we made out

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Ya we've been living together for 2 years now so she's a poo poo lesbian really

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I tell people i'm a lesbian all the time, it's very confusing

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

KomodoWagon posted:

It almost certainly wasn't.

Also dick pics or stop lying

8=======D

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

mind the walrus posted:

Wait holy crap this reminds me so much of T'Sais from the Dying Earth it's pretty funny. Story here if you care: http://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/73022/3/Vance_-_The_Dying_Earth.html

The tl;dr is that there's a guy named Ettar who was seduced by a pretty redhead as a young man, only to find her loving a "demon." She then used magic to force him to watch her gently caress all sorts of "demons," then cursed him by giving him the face of the "demon" he found most repulsive. Bear in-mind on multiple occasions in the book he describes a common type of demon as a "Deodand" who is literally a large handsome black man with slits for eyes and powerful claws.

The third act is him finding her at a bacchanal ceremony where she fucks more "demons" and he captures her alongside his new waifu T'Sais who is this gorgeous pure innocent pure woman knight from a pure and innocent world whose only flaw is that she perceives everything as repulsive, only to find out that the Earth is even more repulsive than the innocent and pure innocent pure world she came from. They find out that the redhead can't give him his old face back so in the span of like 2 paragraphs they travel straight to some temple where an old god passes out judgment. He takes one look at the three of them and fixes Ettar's face, fixes TS'ais' broken brain, and curses the redhead to have a hideous demon face. Thus Ettar and T'Sais go off into the pure and innocent sunset.

The real kicker? It's actually not that bad a pulp story. It's imaginative and fairly well-written for that sort of thing. It just has a textbook nice guy subtext, complete with vague and uncomfortable race anxiety.

Big ups for referencing my man, Jack Vance. Totally not the thread I'd imagine it coming up in!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

CubanMissile posted:

lol, i saw this happening once and in a fit of idiocy decided that it would be a good thing to remove her from the situation like le good chivalric sir and take her back to her house. walking to the car she hiked up her skirt and pissed all over my shoes and vomited on my pants while trying to paw at my cock.

she was such a tsundere

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

subhuman filth posted:

lol, i saw this happening once and in a fit of idiocy decided that it would be a good thing to remove her from the situation like le good chivalric sir and take her back to her house. walking to the car she hiked up her skirt and pissed all over my shoes and vomited on my pants while trying to paw at my cock.

she was such a tsundere

If you're gonna make a stdh post you might as well embellish yourself a little more

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

If you're gonna make a stdh post you might as well embellish yourself a little more

im not sure how not having sex then going home from a bar covered in filth even remotely stretches the boundaries of belief for a goon

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

subhuman filth posted:

she was such a tsundere

Whoa, do you like, still have this chicks number? :wiggle:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

He wasn't as bad as Propertius:

quote:

Cynthia was the first. She caught me with her eyes, a fool
who had never before been touched by desires.
I really hung my head in shame
when Love pressed down on it with his feet.
He taught me to hate chaste girls!
He was cruel when he told me to live without plan.
It's already been a whole year that the frenzy hasn't stopped.
Even now, the gods are against me.
Milanion wasn't afraid of anything, Tullus,
when he crushed hard Atalanta's savagery.
He wandered mad in Parthenian caves,
face to face with hairy beasts.
Another time, shocked by a wound from Hylaeus'
stick, he groaned loudly on the Arcadian cliffs.
That's how he was able to dominate that brilliant girl:
in love, you've got to pray a lot and do a lot.
But in me Love is slow, does not stimulate any art,
and he forgets to go on ways he used to know
You who do that trick with the moon,
who perform rites on magic altars,
change my mistress' mind,
make her face more pale than my own!
Then I'll believe in you, that you can lead stars
and Medea's streams from their paths with songs.
But you, who called me too late as I was slipping, friends,
get help for the insane.
Bravely will I endure knife and savage fires,
just let me say whatever I want in my rage.
Take me to exotic peoples, across the waves,
where no woman may know my path.
You stay, to whom the god has easily consented,
stay equal always, throughout your love.
On me old Venus works bitter nights,
and Love is at no time absent.
Don't do what I do, I'm warning you. Keep to yourself,
don't move from an accustomed love.
Because if anyone should turn slow ears to my warnings,
you'll see how they'll come back to haunt him!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Doc Friday posted:

He wasn't as bad as Propertius:

makes me wonder how our view of ancient cultures would be different if all we had to go on were the writings of impotent nice guys

thousands of years from now, archaeologists attempting to piece together history prior to world war 3 will come upon a hard copy of elliot rodgers' manuscript, and afterwards he'll be known as a great philosopher of antiquity

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

it's a bit strange that you would mourn the loss of a friendship group which accepts this dude as an integral member

Eh, I don't think they knew that he's gotten that bad. He was obsessed with another girl a lot before me, but never did that stuff like trying to get her alone (to my knowledge). The one girl I was closest with actually told him several times that he needed to stop, that I wasn't interested, etc. This guy had been a childhood friend with most in that group and I don't think they thought he was actually dangerous.

Many years later he started talking to me again and it seemed like he'd actually changed at first, but I had to cut contact after a few months due to him exhibiting stalking behaviour. I found out through my own friends about his lying and manipulation to get to me which is a completely different story, again they had no idea what he was actually doing because he is great at manipulation. I can only presume that he did the same with that old friend group to make himself look like the good guy so I can't blame them much. I have absolutely no intention of ever speaking to him again since the last incident was really creepy.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

ive never been friendzoned

i dont have any friends :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Every zone is a friend zone... if you're friendly enough.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is there an enemy zone?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Is there an enemy zone?

Yeah, and you're in it, "buddy".

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah, and you're in it, "buddy".

:ohdear:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Mak0rz posted:

Is there an enemy zone?

There is a danger zone, and if you fall in love with a woman you are on the highway to it. Because she will spermjack you and you'll be paying child support for the rest of your life or something idk.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kanye has a zone all his own, but he's adamant you don't let him into it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no catullus was the first gangster rapper.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

mind the walrus posted:

Kanye has a zone all his own, but he's adamant you don't let him into it.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

Is there an enemy zone?

does Arilus cristatus look like a table saw

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

I didn't read harry potter, I don't know :confused:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

are you trying to tell me bugs, the only friends I've ever known, are actually my enemies? but... I trusted them... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Nice guys like Jorah Mormont "the Bear" of Game of Thrones fame, he got his rear end straight-up friendxiled by his beloved Khaleesi.

Don't expect the Mother of Dragons to suddenly let you clutch her eggs just because you've been a staunch ally hanging around her constantly, blindly devoted to her cause all this time. She doesn't owe you a thing in that palatial bedroom of hers, bucko, especially not while on guard duty during her scented oil baths and royal scrubdowns..!

:smaug:

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 9, 2016

• Locked thread