Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Nice guys like Jorah Mormont "the Bear" of Game of Thrones fame, he got his rear end straight-up friendxiled by his beloved Khaleesi.

Don't expect the Mother of Dragons to suddenly let you clutch her eggs just because you've been a staunch ally hanging around her constantly, blindly devoted to her cause all this time. She doesn't owe you a thing in that palatial bedroom of hers, bucko, especially not while on guard duty during her scented oil baths and royal scrubdowns..!

:smaug:

A nice touch from the books is that Jorah is shown entirely from Dany's perspective, where he creeps from the sidelines and gets all butthurt-by-proxy when she starts loving Daario. It really gets you to relate to Dany's mindset of "Thank you Jorah. No I don't want to gently caress you Jorah I never did stop hanging around like a puppy. Oh god please stop being such a creeper Jorah." Then after she exiles him we don't see him until Tyrion's chapters take him to Essos, at which point we see Jorah hanging with a prostitute who looks like Dany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's a shame too because he's a sexy motherfucker and has a lot to offer other girls. Too bad be already has a history of playing himself for women.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I stare at girls from at least 100 meters away, CLEARLY indicating that I'll be very nice to them and threat them with respect like those goddesses deserve but they just won't answer my advances, those loving stupid god drat bitches.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

mind the walrus posted:

at which point we see Jorah hanging with a prostitute who looks like Dany.

The man's got a type! :jerry:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

I stare at girls from at least 100 meters away, CLEARLY indicating that I'll be very nice to them and threat them with respect like those goddesses deserve but they just won't answer my advances, those loving stupid god drat bitches.

That's not nearly close enough to jump in and defend them in case some creeper gets too close to their immaculate and sensual forms. But don't insult them with direct eye contact, either: goddesses revel in displays of male inadequacy and obvious subservience, as is fuels their bloodmagic and gynomancy. Groveling is usually your next best bet! Stay vigilant, whitest of knights! :angel:

MenschMaschine
Jun 10, 2009

Halb Wesen und halb Ding
:roboluv:
...aber oho!

Jack Trades posted:

Well there's your problem right there

Even if you are doing it with respect

MenschMaschine fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 9, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:stare:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's all outlined in this documentary expose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHhaIRevB-Y

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I stand about 5 feet away from ladies but look at them out of the corner of my eye all sneaky like and if they turn away from me I quietly run over and smell their hair then run back like nothing happened because I'm not a creep then if another guy approaches them I breathe really heavily until they go away but most of the time they don't and the lady leaves with the other guy and I am left standing there hyperventilating.
loving slut whore bitches

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGYAKCDJdkQ

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Literal video evidence that being a good person still doesn't entitle you to sex.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

The Endbringer posted:

I stand about 5 feet away from ladies but look at them out of the corner of my eye all sneaky like and if they turn away from me I quietly run over and smell their hair then run back like nothing happened because I'm not a creep then if another guy approaches them I breathe really heavily until they go away but most of the time they don't and the lady leaves with the other guy and I am left standing there hyperventilating.
loving slut whore bitches

:same:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

He wishes he died

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

He wishes he died

me too

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

KATU BARADA NIKTU.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

that he died or you died?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Why not both?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:smith:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Don't die Rat-jack we're in the friend zone

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i'll break free from the friendzone by holding her hair back while she makes out with this guy

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

stolen from the idiots of social media thread

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ratjaculation posted:

M'lady goons - Is male impotence impatience really common or?

idk but I went off on some retard the other week for basically this. like gently caress you bro I have other poo poo I'm doing I don't just sit on my phone with bated breath waiting for anyone to message me so I can reply.

"Oh but you read it!" yeah gently caress you maybe I'm driving, maybe I'm just checking notifications, maybe I was about to reply but then something distracted me. The world does not revolve around you

it's not even just directed towards women who don't reply instantly, they're literally just morons who go 'but i don't get it why aren't you replying???????' because the only conceivable answer in their mind is that it's about them somehow.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

Literally one of the most unpleasant, sad things I've read. still don't see how any of it is funny

quote:

How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more.

im sorry but that's funny as poo poo

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Ain't it kinda a Yin and yang thang? Like I'd rather be rejected so I can live my life free of ambiguous lingering questions. Some people blow up at rejection though. Neither side can really please the other fully.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rejection is like having to stretch out contracted limbs on a patient stuck in a hospital bed for a year. No one involved wants to do it and there's no way to do it that won't hurt like a motherfucker, but it's got to be done if that patient wants any hope of a decent life.

Well, sadists/masochists throw that for a loop but as we've seen one thing that tends to mark all Nice Guys is an extremely low pain threshold.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
personally the wondering about it was always way worse than the rejection itself. i always figured 'well so what she says no and i'm in the same boat I'm in now who cares.' doesn't bother me at all if they say no because at least now I know and I'm not pining after you or wondering what could have been.

i was def the odd one out with that attitude though

though tbf I am a bit of a masochist so idk you might be on to something there

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I was rejected by a girl and then couple days after she came over to my place to watch stranger things, I dont have netflix but she does, so I got that going on for me, which is nice.

FREE NETFLIX

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

But what is a "table tent"?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I hate rejection and am a pussy

however I'm at least self-aware enough not to demonize women for wanting what they want, same as me

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Totally TWISTED posted:

I thought it was a weird euphemism for boner for a second and was all "wait no that's not right"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

I thought it was a weird euphemism for boner for a second and was all "wait no that's not right"

and that man's name was John S Hall

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Totally TWISTED posted:

It's those big rainbow colored tents they put on tables outdoors, to keep the sun off the guests.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

notZaar posted:

It's those big rainbow colored tents they put on tables outdoors, to keep the sun off the guests.

An umbrella?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

mind the walrus posted:

Rejection is like having to stretch out contracted limbs on a patient stuck in a hospital bed for a year. No one involved wants to do it and there's no way to do it that won't hurt like a motherfucker, but it's got to be done if that patient wants any hope of a decent life.

Well, sadists/masochists throw that for a loop but as we've seen one thing that tends to mark all Nice Guys is an extremely low pain threshold.

I always feel really terrible for those patients :(.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum
Reading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" to my daughter, it's immediately apparent that Snape is the classic Nice Guy. He even does some stalking! His unrequited love for Lily causes him to do all kinds of stuff against his own interest, even after she marries some other guy.

My wife, who ordinarily is rational and sane and gets why Nice Guys are creepy, thinks to the contrary that Snape's actions are "so romantic."

Go figure.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Totally TWISTED posted:

It's a portable awning that you can unfold and set up outside to shade, say, a few fold-out tables a fair.

TABLE TENT???

Someone throws one of these things at a bartender? Who does that?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Totally TWISTED posted:

goddammit you nerds

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
okay to be fair I spent 3+ years in the food service industry and I didn't know what a table tent was either

guess I was in the kitchen though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rejection sucks and is one of the few things that doesn't get easier the more practice you have with it.

here's a great eliot quote (about world of warcraft):

quote:

But that was only a small part of the reason why I quit. The main reason was the disturbing new player-base. The game got bigger with every new expansion that was released, and as it got bigger, it brought in a vast amount of new players. I noticed that more and more “normal” people who had active and pleasurable social lives were starting to play the game, as the new changes catered to such a crowd. WoW no longer became a sanctuary where I could hide from the evils of the world, because the evils of the world had now followed me there. I saw people bragging online about their sexual experiences with girls... and they used the term “virgin” as an insult to people who were more immersed in the game than them. The insult stung, because it was true. Us virgins did tend to get more immersed in such things, because our real lives were lacking. I couldn’t stand to play WoW knowing that my enemies, the people I hate and envy so much for having sexual lives, were now playing the same game as me. There was no point anymore. I realized what a terrible mistake I made to turn my back on the world again. The world is brutal, and I need to fight for my place in it. My life was at a crucial turning point, and I couldn’t waste any more precious time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

okay to be fair I spent 3+ years in the food service industry and I didn't know what a table tent was either

guess I was in the kitchen though

I always hear about how kitchen folk are hosed up all the time but you must have taken it to another level

Groovelord Neato posted:

here's a great eliot quote (about world of warcraft):

As someone who grew up in the same culture, in relatively the same income bracket, during the same years as this fuckwit can someone please point me to the explicit examples where male virginity was unironically shamed en masse? Did he think American Pie was a documentary?

• Locked thread