Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I make whore bitches pay the entire bill, and my gas money for the privilege of them getting to spend time with me.

I also make them work for all the household money when I trick them into a long term relationship because I need to masturbate to hentai at least 6 hours a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Moridin920 posted:

to pay for everything (ie split bill) or you don't expect them to pay? Because those are two different statements and at first you said "when its the girl who asks me out I don't expect them to pay. That would be stupid of me and they'd probably think its stupid as well."

I'll let u solve this puzzle yourself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

I'll let u solve this one yourself

I'll assume you meant the first one then I guess bc that makes more sense.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

dude really loved loving the farts out of his wife's butt

What's worse is that, according to an English major friend of mine, Nora was illiterate when he started sending her these letters, so she'd have to go find someone at the hotel she worked at, and they'd be read out loud for all the girls there to hear.

Quite the guy, that Joyce, and Nora loved him anyways.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Carmant posted:

When it's the girl who asks me out I don't expect them to pay for everything.

I dated a girl for a while who invited me to a restaurant with her friends. I was driving so I wasn't drinking, meanwhile they put hundreds of dollars on alcohol. At the end they split the bill equally and this girl took our part and paid for it. She just said, "I invited you,", which I thought was pretty cool.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit: WGBS Channel 4 - Your local news leader > Dating protocol in a post-patriarch society

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I usually pay if I invite someone out, turns out this insults some people :doh:

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Pick posted:

hah! I've known guys who would get insulted if the girl opened her own door to get out of the car. Never understood that.

Edit: I actually went out with a girl once who would NOT open her own door and would wait forever for me to go and do it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rgocs posted:

Edit: I actually went out with a girl once who would NOT open her own door and would wait forever for me to go and do it.

same, she stopped when I left her in the car and walked into the store because I wasn't paying attention

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
is she dressed all loving awesome?

Open the drat door.

is she in a hoodie and jeans, she'll most likely open her own door, but if she doesnt

Open the drat door.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

I think I figured it out. You complain about men because all of the ones you date are retards.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

I think I figured it out. You complain about men because all of the ones you date are retards.

I need to know if this is so. Because Pick's comments have made me fear for the future of my 10 month-old daughter. I don't know if I need to make her a nun, put her into self-defense kickboxing lessons as soon as she can walk, or hope nuclear armageddon happens before she starts dating.

rgocs fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 12, 2016

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
moridin itt trying to figure out how to pay a bill on a date was the most demonstrative way he could of displayed his social skills

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Toph Bei Fong posted:

What's worse is that, according to an English major friend of mine, Nora was illiterate when he started sending her these letters, so she'd have to go find someone at the hotel she worked at, and they'd be read out loud for all the girls there to hear.

Quite the guy, that Joyce, and Nora loved him anyways.

loving lol this is the first I've ever heard this detail.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

rgocs posted:

I need to know if this is so. Because Pick's comments have made me fear for the future of my 10 month-old daughter. I don't know if I need to make her a nun, put her into self-defense kickboxing lessons as soon as she can walk, or hope nuclear armageddon happens before she starts dating.

Just make sure she's not a goon

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
The discussion about not knowing if someone likes you or not a few pages back made me think of this song (starts around :40):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tctfq4tplQ4

If certain girls don't look at you
It means that they like you a lot
If other girls don't look at you
It just means they're ignoring you
How can you know, how can you know?
Which is which, who's doing what?
I guess that you can ask 'em
Which one are you, baby?
Do you like me or are you ignoring me?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

rgocs posted:

If you aren't raising her in the Midwest/South then you've probably done your job.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Nun of this would have happened if one of them was a nun - Nun Nuts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

Well not on purpose!

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

notZaar posted:

Just make sure she's not a goon

Chomp8645 posted:

If you aren't raising her in the Midwest/South then you've probably done your job.

So far, so good then.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

lol that dinner is too formal just go to a taco place or something

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

also lol that dudes would get offended at getting taken out to dinner

one of the reasons i ended up dumping my ex is because she kept on telling me she had literally no money and all she wanted to do was sit at home and watch netflix. whenever we went out, i had to go pay for it

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
nm

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

is she dressed all loving awesome?
Open the drat door.

is she in a hoodie and jeans, she'll most likely open her own door, but if she doesnt
Open the drat door.

Maybe the first few dates, if she's into that. But not ALL the time. All the other women I dated would've told me to gently caress off had I told them to wait so I would open their door to get out*. I would only do in a playful mode for special occasions, e.g. if going to a fancy wedding and I was wearing a tuxedo.

To each their own I guess.

Edit: * to get out. Getting in was no problem as we were probably already walking together and it's fine if she's in the car first.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i open the door for everyone because thats how i was raised

lol at whoever gets indignant because someone shows them an ounce of common courtesy

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if I see someone coming ill hold the door because why wouldn't you

not trying to open the car door tho

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Blue Train posted:

if I see someone coming ill hold the door because why wouldn't you

not trying to open the car door tho

yeah this is p weird just open the building door

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

i open the door for everyone because thats how i was raised

lol at whoever gets indignant because someone shows them an ounce of common courtesy

I once went out with my then girlfriend, and a friend of hers with her boyfriend. As we arrived to the car, I naturally opened the the door for both of them (my gf and her friend) and this girl's boyfriend threw a tantrum I couldn't believe. He had some takeout with him and once inside the car he said something angrily to his gf and threw the food out the window. Apparently he was angry at her because why did she let ME open the door and not wait for HIM to do it.

Edit: also, he was 30 and the rest of us were ~20. Dude had issues.

rgocs fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 12, 2016

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Women who offer to split even though they don't have to are the real MVPs.

lazorexplosion fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 12, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lazorexplosion posted:

Women who offer to split even though they don't have to are the real MVPs.

I've had two dates where the woman straight up paid the :eyepop:whole bill!:eyepop:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
an old guy once rented out a restaurant for dinner with me

It was one of my most unhappy experiences, and no one seems to understand how stressful it was :(

Admittedly I don't like s guy to pay a big bill unless I see him as someone I would gently caress in the short or medium term :/

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
haha you're fucken dumb hey ladies feel free to rent out a restaurant for me anytime thx

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i'm sure my girlfriend would pay the bill more often except i'm too busy straight up exploiting her sick bartending skillz at my house parties

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

roymorrison posted:

haha you're fucken dumb hey ladies feel free to rent out a restaurant for me anytime thx

ok but you gotta wear this captain's hat and dip your fingers into this chum bucket first because this is a Red Lobster and i have a thing for fishmen.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Moridin920 posted:

I'll assume you meant the first one then I guess bc that makes more sense.

Please don't talk to Carmant he is a little slow

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

roymorrison posted:

He's over twice my age and he tricked me, we were just talking about soufflés and he offered to take me somewhere that made the best soufflés, it wasn't until I got there I even realized it was going to be a whole big thing . gently caress you guys

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Renting an entire restaurant for an attempt at a simple date is definitely a creative take on the "nice guy spends creepily socially inappropriate amount of money on gifts for a woman as if it buys affection" thing.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Pick posted:

He's over twice my age and he tricked me, we were just talking about soufflés and he offered to take me somewhere that made the best soufflés, it wasn't until I got there I even realized it was going to be a whole big thing . gently caress you guys

So how was the souffle?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

It's ok Pick. I get it, and it's very awkward.

I'm not being ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

This is good, but I think the date where the guy took you to the lecture on historical pickling techniques is the best one.

• Locked thread