Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The guy who made Hockey Scores was interviewed by the television network and he acted 100% genuine and serious it was fantastic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/What-if-30-seconds-of-cats-meowing-and-babies-cr?urn=nhl,94328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pubic Lair posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Joe_Gliniewicz

This is 20 minutes from my house so I've kept an eye on it.

From news accounts and websleuth posts this is what I've gathered.

Turns out he was a complete turd who had enough dirt and intimidated enough people that he just did whatever he wanted.

He had a record including
being found passed out drunk in a ditch with his truck running
sexually harassing coworkers
threatening coworkers with a gun

Apparently there was a new village president who was on to him, she started to investigate and would have found
He had been laundering money that was supposed to belong to the explorer post to the tune of 100s of thousands of dollars
He had been forging signatures to get military surplus from the Gov't for the police deptartment and was taking it and hoarding it in a room at city hall that was supposed to be for explorer meetings, which apparently he wasn't actually supposed to be using.
He had been using the explorer''s account to pay for family vacations, loans to family, expenses with his mistress and adult friend finder type sites.
He had been texting family about the investigation saying he knew he was busted
He had been texting gang members trying to put a hit on the Village President
he had stolen some coke out of evidence and texted about planting it on the village president or faking a DUI.

So he offed himself, law enforcement from multiple states spent weeks combing the area, One crazy lady made up a hoax that she was abducted by the perps and was arrested, one retired Chicago detective called and made a threat against the investigators if they didn't declare the death a suicide. The coroner and the investigation team had a public slapfight.

He ended up getting buried before anything was revealed and departments from as far as california sent officers and cars to participate inn the funeral. Tons of charities and fundraisers gathered money for the family who knew he was crooked but decided to play along and take the cash. They are still trying to figure out the money trail and trying to get the rest of his family for their involvement.

Wife is probably still going to get $50000 to $75000 pension and whatever the death benefits were so I guess the plan worked. Had he gotten rid of the Coke and been able to actually delete his text messages so they couldn't be recovered it probably would have just remained an unsolved murder.

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/04/14/fox-lake-lt-joe-gliniewiczs-widow-applies-for-his-police-pension/akgurwe/?page=1

I'm around the same distance away. After it happened, everyone jumped on the We Back the Badge bandwagon. Tons of yard signs going up everywhere, facebook posts all celebrating him. It was so stupid. Then they learned he was a horrible loving human being who was literally stealing from a children's program.

No responses. Zero. Everyone just shut the gently caress up and never mentioned it again. Those yard signs are still up everywhere though. :cripes:

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Oldie but goodie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwxH3PPWiU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

The best part is that it's not an isolated incident.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm around the same distance away. After it happened, everyone jumped on the We Back the Badge bandwagon. Tons of yard signs going up everywhere, facebook posts all celebrating him. It was so stupid. Then they learned he was a horrible loving human being who was literally stealing from a children's program.

No responses. Zero. Everyone just shut the gently caress up and never mentioned it again. Those yard signs are still up everywhere though. :cripes:

It wasn't all bad though...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Solice Kirsk posted:

It wasn't all bad though...

:unsmith:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
at hostpital lost fingat post mote later

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm around the same distance away. After it happened, everyone jumped on the We Back the Badge bandwagon.

BLM was already a thing and there was a police shooting in zion around the same time and I think people's sentiments got hijacked for this Hero/turd. They still support police, just not this sleeze. Interesting that as more info comes out some of the initial cops thought it was suicide and knew he was broke/going down and just let the murder investigation happen.

Favorite tidbit was he used to stage fake murders and suicides for the explorers.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
the gently caress? This person truly is was evil. :stare:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I hate yankees posted:

i don't think they ever really figured out what happened to her or how she ended up in the tank on the roof

The story is intriguing as gently caress and you can spend hours getting lost reading about it. There's just so many contributing factors and a lot of things that seem obvious but don't line up.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://vimeo.com/41205386

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Oh gently caress you, I clicked on that and it took me almost 30 seconds to remember what it was. :argh:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bonapartisan posted:

Oh gently caress you, I clicked on that and it took me almost 30 seconds to remember what it was. :argh:

I knew from your reply exactly what that would be and yet I still clicked. :v:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I don't get it, why did I watch two brain damaged girls buy $84 worth of foam?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
God had a son who traveled to the Earth, gathered up a bunch of followers who were shepherds and fishermen and craftsmen and stuff, preached about how love was the answer and being rich was wrong, got tortured to death while still forgiving everybody, died so that everything stupid and horrible we do to each other could be forgiven forever, and then had his pretty words used by paranoids, racists, sociopaths, and greedy shitheads to justify doing the evil poo poo they wanted to do.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I thought this was a thread about things that actually happened :smuggo:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuV06lrD774

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Family Court Judge Hardcastle orders a divorcing couple to split their valuable beanie baby collection in court under his supervision, the pair having failed to agree on an amicable split by themselves. Pictured: the couple (Frances and Harold Mountain) and attorney Frank Totti.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

lazorexplosion posted:

Family Court Judge Hardcastle orders a divorcing couple to split their valuable beanie baby collection in court under his supervision, the pair having failed to agree on an amicable split by themselves. Pictured: the couple (Frances and Harold Mountain) and attorney Frank Totti.

there is no courtroom in the world that needs the "suck my dick you fuckman" guy to crash it more. :catbert:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

This one has to have been done already but gently caress it I'm doing it anyway.

Phoenix resident 'Kairo Seijuro' (aka Kenneth Jacintho) breaks up an altercation on train using his katana. "The sad truth is they weren't even a challenge" said Kenneth later, demonstrating his katana skills to the media. "I already had a full five stage plan ready to take everyone out."

lazorexplosion has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Aug 11, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

lazorexplosion posted:

loving lmao remember at the turn of the century when people thought stuff specifically made to be collector's items (without any scarcity) would only increase in value even thought the only reason Star Wars toys and comic books had been so valuable is because they were mostly destroyed by messy kids over the last 20-30 years.

I wonder how much a mountain of beanie babies goes for these days? Less than 100 dollars?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

lazorexplosion posted:

that's an oxymoron

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dats a lotta foam

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Large group stuck 300 meters up in an outdoor elevator in high winds

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/12/31/cn_tower_visitors_in_terrifying_elevator_ride.html

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Rob Ford, while Mayor of Toronto, smoked crack in a housing project.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-crack-video-watch-1.3143013

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Rob Ford, while Mayor of Toronto, smoked crack in a housing project.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-crack-video-watch-1.3143013

I lament the day that video surfaced and I had to sheepishly admit to some people that: "yes, I accept you did indeed smoke weed/crack with Rob Ford. I finally believe you."

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

lazorexplosion posted:

I love the guy in the plaid shirt in the background.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mz0_x7313I

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

i took a pledge to never forget

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can only cum to the sound of the gay dude in the background shrieking "OH MY GOOOOOOOOD"

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FuhrerHat posted:

I lament the day that video surfaced and I had to sheepishly admit to some people that: "yes, I accept you did indeed smoke weed/crack with Rob Ford. I finally believe you."
So you hang out with crackheads?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRUSQm5ZskQ

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Michigan Tea Party state reps try to cover up their affair...by inventing another story involving drug use and gay sex.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inside-michigan-state-representatives-attempt-cover-secret-affair/story?id=36272691

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

John Big Booty posted:

So you hang out with crackheads?

mayors

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shoehead posted:

loving lmao remember at the turn of the century when people thought stuff specifically made to be collector's items (without any scarcity) would only increase in value even thought the only reason Star Wars toys and comic books had been so valuable is because they were mostly destroyed by messy kids over the last 20-30 years.

I wonder how much a mountain of beanie babies goes for these days? Less than 100 dollars?

Aren't there some really rare beanie babies though?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkLaj9a-rw :nws: probably even though no dongers or anything

Not only a thing that happened, a thing you can go and see in theaters right this very moment. A thing that is still happening.

ishikabibble has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Aug 13, 2016

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

ishikabibble posted:

-nope-

Not only a thing that happened, a thing you can go and see in theaters right this very moment. A thing that is still happening.

some animation grad who dreamt of working at pixar had to do this

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i was sitting outside having a cigarette and I just got overwhelmed thinking about how all of this thing happened before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

ishikabibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkLaj9a-rw :nws: probably even though no dongers or anything

they were talking on howard stern about this, apparently they had to remove the hair on the tortillas scrotum to avoid an NC-17 rating

• Locked thread