Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Sudo Echo posted:

they were talking on howard stern about this, apparently they had to remove the hair on the tortillas scrotum to avoid an NC-17 rating

Well that's a sentence I honestly can't believe I just read. What a world we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Larry Craig
Marc Foley

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

monkeytennis posted:

Well that's a sentence I honestly can't believe I just read. What a world we live in.

ow my balls

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

nice work son, boiling glow stick to the face

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Why

sout
Apr 24, 2014

im veg

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Sudo Echo posted:

they were talking on howard stern about this, apparently they had to remove the hair on the tortillas scrotum to avoid an NC-17 rating

holy poo poo, they actually managed to make the film worse than the trailer made it look like it was going to be.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Whybird posted:

holy poo poo, they actually managed to make the film worse than the trailer made it look like it was going to be.

Sausage party looks both cool and good. CineD is a little farther down the forums list. There you can discuss how Sausage Party is low-brow garbage and you'd rather watch some rare, French film from 1923 in the Criterion collection.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Ruggan posted:

nice work son, boiling glow stick to the face

I love this guy's dad, he reacts with exactly how much empathy I would have. 'yes son, deep regret is always an option'

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

RatHat posted:

Aren't there some really rare beanie babies though?

Maybe, but the employee-only one is going for under $10 shipped on ebay (and it's one of the ones that was supposed to be worth thousands)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The Protagonist posted:

I love this guy's dad, he reacts with exactly how much empathy I would have. 'yes son, deep regret is always an option'

"You ruined your awesome shirt!"

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

Maybe, but the employee-only one is going for under $10 shipped on ebay (and it's one of the ones that was supposed to be worth thousands)

Beanie babies were no joke literally my 7th grade teacher's retirement plan. :sigh:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Sausage party looks both cool and good. CineD is a little farther down the forums list. There you can discuss how Sausage Party is low-brow garbage and you'd rather watch some rare, French film from 1923 in the Criterion collection.
:psyduck:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

EBay killed the value in collectables. We we went from having to know a guy that knew a guy, going to conventions/swap meets/etc, digging around skeezy garage sales only to find out that when Ebay came around very few "rare" things were really that rare and you could have it delivered to your house in less than a week at a quarter of the price you would have paid pre-ebay.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

RatHat posted:

Aren't there some really rare beanie babies though?

Right the actually rare as gently caress special Ed. Ones that were given out at conferences or to staff and stuff like that or that one camel who had a short run go for like 600 to 1200 dollars. But that couples piles are probably all regular beanie babies which last I checked are really abundantly available second hand and are mostly worthless.

I dunno maybe some beanie baby goon will drop in outta nowhere and school me on the second hand beanie baby market.

Edit oops missed a whole page
Sorry!

Shoehead has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Aug 13, 2016

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

EBay killed the value in collectables. We we went from having to know a guy that knew a guy, going to conventions/swap meets/etc, digging around skeezy garage sales only to find out that when Ebay came around very few "rare" things were really that rare and you could have it delivered to your house in less than a week at a quarter of the price you would have paid pre-ebay.

My uncle had a Wayne Gretzky card that was listed as being worth $500+ in one of those "what cards cost" books because it was really rare (had to send in Jello box tops to get it). As soon as eBay came out it was revealed that there were a shitload of those cards out there and $100 for an absolute mint condition one was as good a price as one could expect to get.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ishikabibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkLaj9a-rw :nws: probably even though no dongers or anything

Not only a thing that happened, a thing you can go and see in theaters right this very moment. A thing that is still happening.

I'm surprised that the video was removed for depicting sexually explicit content rather than copyright infringement

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I am laughing at these Sausage party trailers. Laughing over how loving bad these are.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Right the actually rare as gently caress special Ed. Ones that were given out at conferences or to staff and stuff like that or that one camel who had a short run go for like 600 to 1200 dollars. But that couples piles are probably all regular beanie babies which last I checked are really abundantly available second hand and are mostly worthless.

I dunno maybe some beanie baby goon will drop in outta nowhere and school me on the second hand beanie baby market.

Edit oops missed a whole page
Sorry!

when this topic first got mentioned I googled it and some price guide said the most valuable one was worth 1800. it quickly went down from there with only a few being worth more than a couple hundred, the tenth most valuable is worth 300, the 25th only 150

http://lovemybeanies.com/sortable-beanie-babies-price-guide/

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blue Train posted:

when this topic first got mentioned I googled it and some price guide said the most valuable one was worth 1800. it quickly went down from there with only a few being worth more than a couple hundred, the tenth most valuable is worth 300, the 25th only 150

http://lovemybeanies.com/sortable-beanie-babies-price-guide/

Haha that's a big difference from the crappy listicle I was reading. A little under half of the entries are worth less than $5!

Edit: lmao like 547 out of 673 are worth 20 dollars or less

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Card stock with printed pictures is worth far less than that

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite thing is when people go crazy for stuff that are specifically branded as "limited edition!" on the box, but every store just happens to have hundreds of them on display at any given time. People will believe anything is going to be worth something in that magic "20 years from now" time period if you tell them so. Even if there's literally a million of them readily available for sale in their state alone.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

lol well this is an opinion alright

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

My uncle had a Wayne Gretzky card that was listed as being worth $500+ in one of those "what cards cost" books because it was really rare (had to send in Jello box tops to get it). As soon as eBay came out it was revealed that there were a shitload of those cards out there and $100 for an absolute mint condition one was as good a price as one could expect to get.

It's weird because I bought a bunch of SNES consoles like four years ago for a project. I paid maybe $30 each and they're worth like $100 each now. My laziness in selling them has netted me a 300%+ return on my investment. Why Beanie Babies or Hummel figures aren't worth anything is beyond me because a Super Nintendo is not rare.

Also "limited edition" stuff is usually bullshit but I bought those Zelda Majoras Mask 3DS consoles and made a killing so I don't know why bideo games are the exception but they are, for some reason.

Wasn't Peanut the Elephant worth like $10,000 at some point?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
retro games prices now are up because of hipsters and nostalgia craze and people like AVGN. Dr Jeklly and Mister Hyde is a garbage game you could get for a $1 before his review and now it's like $15

resellers are scum

now is a good time to sell old games

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Also "limited edition" stuff is usually bullshit but I bought those Zelda Majoras Mask 3DS consoles and made a killing so I don't know why bideo games are the exception but they are, for some reason.

It's because you rarely see someone buy a console or a game cartridge and put it in a lucite container in a safety deposit box. Kids used them and threw them out when the next big thing came along. While the games/consoles are still not rare, the people who want to buy them will pay a premium for a decent-good condition example.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I thought about setting up a small side business De-yellowfying old consoles/plastics, but :effort:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

It's weird because I bought a bunch of SNES consoles like four years ago for a project. I paid maybe $30 each and they're worth like $100 each now. My laziness in selling them has netted me a 300%+ return on my investment. Why Beanie Babies or Hummel figures aren't worth anything is beyond me because a Super Nintendo is not rare.

Objective rarity doesn't ultimately mean much, there has to be high demand and a constrained supply for prices to go up, and Nintendo products have a colossal nostalgia push as well as frequently-botched distribution, which many other products including rival videogame brands can't match.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How bout that guy Dahlmer was raping and torturing who somehow escaped and ran into two police officers who didn't believe his story and let him go with Dahlmer when he caught up not that much later.

The funny thing is that guy had a hole drilled into his skull, where Dahmer poured in boiling water, hoping it would make the guy more submissive.

Like, the cops saw a man with a hole drilled through his skull and thought "typical queers, we should bring him back to his lover" - what???

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

The funny thing is that guy had a hole drilled into his skull, where Dahmer poured in boiling water, hoping it would make the guy more submissive.

Like, the cops saw a man with a hole drilled through his skull and thought "typical queers, we should bring him back to his lover" - what???

have you ever SEEN a pride parade??!?!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it wasn't a man he was just a kid (14). dahmer had molested his older brother years before.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Opinions are like assholes... yours is busted and hosed up and wrong.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

New Hulk movie looking good. :thumbsup:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

He was also bleeding from his anus. When the officers inspected Dahlmer's apartment there was 3 day old dead body In his bedroom. Dalhmer produced Polaroids of the victim in his underwear as proof they were lovers. The two cops were fired , but they appealed and we're both reinstated. One of them was elected president of the Police Union. #bluelivesmatter

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they also won awards.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

edit: wrong thread open sorry

kaschei has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Aug 14, 2016

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Someone sold a .jpeg of a wrestler on ebay for like 100 dollars.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. 47 posted:

Opinions are like assholes... yours is busted and hosed up and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
In 1985 police in philly dropped two one pound bombs from a helicopter on a house and ended up burning down 65 surrounding houses

• Locked thread